Clazziquai 클래지콰이 { Classic + Jazz + Groove }

Guest Eunice!

Guest Eunice!
MUCHO PUNK & MUSICA :)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION. (fancy images will be updated later. as of right now, info first.

Welcome to Clazziquai's page!

Current News!

Mucho Punk (Korean Release) Mucho Musica (Japanese Release)

Biography {FROM CLAZZIQUAI'S MYSPACE } Clazziquai is a band consisting of DJ Clazzi (Kim Sung Hun), leader and main member of project, and Horan, Alex, Christina with each unique color of voice. Clazziquai made various songs with different genre ranging from acid jazz to chill-out, lounge and world music on its homepage (http://www.clazziquai.co.kr) in 2001. Since then, they have gained lots of attention from many netizens and has became a trend leader. Before the release of their first official album, Clazziquai was already well recognized through the use of his music in Korean commercials, soundtracks from TV Drama series and compilation records. In August 2004, their first official album came out. Since then, they have steadily received more calls from commercial agencies, film producers, TV broadcasting companies and at party concerts. In that year, they had also successfully finished their concert from the release of their first album. Both the media and fans were impressed at they capabilities to sing and maintain a great show during their first concert. With not too much time passing after the first album release, the remix album was released with remixes and new songs. In March 2005, Clazziquai was nominated in 5 categories at the 2nd Korea Pop Music Award. They received two awards in the category of ‘Group of the Year’ and ‘Best Pop’. The award put Clazziquai solidified their position in the popular music market as one of best artists in both popularity and musicality in the year of 2004. In June 2005, Clazziquai’s music in the MBC Soap Drama, ‘My name is Kim Sam Sun’, became a hit to a massive audience. The show boasted the highest popularity rating in the first half of the year of 2005, and had a viewing audience of 20 million people per episode. Back to back project didn’t allow for a lot of time, but they managed to release their second titled in September of that year. In March 2006, Tablo of Epik High, Bobby Kim and J joined in making the second album “Pinch Your Soul”, a remixed album of Clazziquai. This album, this album showed off more their talents in singing, song styles and compositions. Vocalists Horan and Alex have continued to gain high popularity through several of their own radio talk shows they host, and Clazzi, the leader of the three has been far too busy in collaborations and concerts as well. Some of his exciting projects have been participating in the remixing work for several Japanese artists, including Suzuki Ami, Sakamoto Miu, and Izawa Asami. Many had wondered how a 3rd album could be made under such busy entertainment schedule for the three, but they have managed to surprise both the fans and the media through their impressive collection of songs in the album, “LOVE CHILD of the CENTURY”. In June 2007, their 3rd album was released simultaneously in both Korea and Japan. The album not only has Clazziquai-like songs, but it has included much more mature music, as they are maturing themselves in the music business and artistically.

Members' Profiles

ALEX/알렉스

:)

Position: Male Vocalist

DOB: September 2nd, 1979

Blood Type: A

Education: --

Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, playing video games, sports

Minihompi: www.cyworld.com/al_goon

HORAN/호란

Position: Female Vocalist

DOB: July 5th, 1979

Blood Type: B

Education: Yeon-sei University, Psychology major

Hobbies: Writing, reading, singing, listening to music

Minihompi: www.cyworld.com/purplekat

DJ CLAZZI/DJ 클래지

Position: Composer, Mixer, Producer

DOB: November 15th, 1974

Blood Type: B

Education: Capilano College, CDIS (centre for digital image and sound)

Hobbies: --

Minihompi: --

Timeline 2009 - Jun: Digital single, 'Wizard of OZ', debuts -May: Clazziquai’s 4th single, 'Wizard of OZ' in LG ‘We Live in OZ’ CF 2008 - Nov: Special record, 'METROTRONICS', available - Sep: Participate in Japan’s 'Kyoto Music Festival' - Aug: Participate in '2008 ETP Fest' - Jun: Alex’s solo project, 'My Vintage Romance' album available - May: Alex’s digital single album, 'Flowerpot (?) / 화분' available - Apr: Horan’s acoustic project 'Ibadi / 이바디' forms and their first album, 'STORY OF US' available - Mar: Horan’s essay collection, 'Horan’s Da Capo' launch - Mar: 'Pizza Hut' CF model - Feb: CLAZZIQUAI PROJECT ROBOTICA PARTY - club ANSWER, club CATCHLIGHT 2007 - Dec 31st: Clazziquai’s year ending performance ‘Hello 2008!’ at Jangchoong gym /장충체육관 - Dec 11th: Clazziquai’s 3.5th ‘Robotica’ Korea debut - Oct 5th: Clazziquai, m-flo, SOUL’d OUT concert ‘LOVE FESTA’ at Walkerhill Hotel Vista Hall - Jul 28th – August 1st: Japan tour at Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya - Jul 14th: Clazziquai’s 3rd 발매기념 concert- Olympic Park’s Olympic Hall - Jun 13th: Clazziquai’s 3rd album Japan debut - Jun 7th: Clazziquai’s 3rd album Korea debut - Apr: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ remix in Japan AVEX ‘Love Beat Disney’ - Mar: Alex- participates in M-Flo ‘Cosmicolor’ ‘Love me after 12AM’ picturing - Mar: Alex- participates in Free TEMPO’s ‘ Harmony’&’SOUL’ pary - Feb: Japanese artist, Izawa Asami ’Prythm’ 작곡, 리믹스 및 프로듀싱작업 - Feb: Alex in Free TEMPO’s new album ‘Harmony’ picturing - Feb: Horan- plays jazz saxophone in ‘사랑밖에 난 몰라’ in ‘Dave Koz’ album ‘At the movies’ 2006 - Nov: Alex MTV 「TRL SEOUL SPECIAL」MC - Nov: Second Sapporo performance 「Sound Lab mole Grand Opening Party 01 "CLUB MOLE"」 - Nov: Loveholic, Clazziquai 1+1 concert ‘Lovely day, Lovely live’- Children’s Park Dome Art Hall - Oct: Horan TVn ‘Myo/묘’ MC - Sep: Japan Club Asia FUNKAISA event launch - Sep: Japan first solo performance in Tokyo Shibuya CLUB BOXX - Sep: Alex, great digital single debut [‘각인 [刻人] Imprinting’] - Aug: Japanese artist Izawa Asami ’battle field of love’ remix 및 producing 작업 - Aug: Alex m.net ‘Pops Magazine’ VJ - Aug: Japan 1st mini album ‘love mode’ debut - Jul: 2006 Fluxus Family Concert ‘Hot Live vs Cool Party’ - Gwangjangdong Seoul AX - Jul: ‘DMB 위성방송 잼투유 ‘알렉스와 지선의 달콤한 음악데이트’ 진행 - Jun: performed in Japanese artist ’Sakamoto Miwoo (?) 사카모토 미우’ ‘s 「THE NEVER ENDING STORY」remix - Jun: help produce Japanese artist ‘Izawa Asami’ ‘orange sunshine’ remix 및 - Apr: Horan- participates in KBS TV ‘Power Interview’ panel - Apr: Horan- MBC FM radio ‘Music Street’ DJ - Apr: Clazziquai’s remix album 발매기념 concert ‘Pinch Your Soul’ Tour Seoul Daegu Gongyeon - Mar: Clazziquai’s 2nd remix album ‘Pinch your soul’ debut - Mar: Horan- EBS TV ‘A Woman Who Reads, A Man Who Underlines’ MC - Mar: worked on Japanese artist Suzuki Ami’s「sweet voicec」remix - Mar: Collaborated with Japan punk rock band ‘PE’Z’ at their Korea performance - Feb: Featured in lyrics of ‘don’t you know-’ by FPM (Fantastic Plastic Machine)’s album ‘Imaginations’ - Jan: Contributed in Megapass (?) TV CF 2005 - Dec: “m-flo Club DJ Tour 2005 Dope Space Nine” 일본 동경 @ AgeHA-게스트 참여 - Dec: ‘m-flo loves KOREA’ @ W호텔 -게스트 참여 - Dec: Clazziquai & Epik High ‘Delight Christmas’ 공연-Olympic Park 내 Olympic Hall - Dec: Japan ‘Instant pig’ EP 한정판 발매2006년 - Nov: Featured in ‘so exclusive’ in m-flo remix album ‘DOPE SPACE NINE’ - Nov: ‘K POP ALL STAR IN JAPAN 2005’ performance -Japan - Sept: in movie ‘April Snow / 외출’ Japan ‘KOREAN CINEMA MUSIC CONCERT’- Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya - Sept: ‘Stepping Out’ in ‘April Snow / 외출’ (featuring Bae Young Joon and Son Yejin) O.S.T - Sept: Clazziquai’s 2nd album, ‘Color Your Soul’ debuts - Sept: Japan AVEX 클래지콰이 1집 ‘Instant pig’ 라이센스 발매 - Aug: Japan 베컴출연 CF ‘TBC’ 에 ‘SWEETY’ (English version)삽입 - Jul: 웅진코웨이 기업광고 CF ‘Novabossa’ (영문버젼)삽입 - Jul: Clazziquai’s male vocalist, Alex, 위성 DMB show DJ 진행 - Jun: ‘Be My Love’ and ‘She Is’ is in MBC drama ‘My Name is Kim Sam Soon’ O.S.T - Jun: 태평양 라네즈 걸 CF ‘Play Girl’ 삽입 - May: HOT LIVE &COOL PARTY ENCORE CONCERT-삼성동 섬유센터 이벤트홀 - May: Japan Nagoya KOREA FESTA 한국대표 참여 - Mar: The Second Korean Popular Music Awards- 5 nominations and won ‘Group of the Year’ and ‘Best Pop’ - Feb: HOT LIVE(Loveholic & Lee Seung Yeul) & COOL PARTY(Clazziquai & W) -Hongdae Rolling Hall - Feb: 대만 AVEX Clazziquai’s remix ‘ZBAM’ debuts 2004 - Dec: ‘Stepping Out’ in Japan AVEX lounge compilation album, ‘Best Hit Lounge’ - Nov: ‘Cat Bossa’ in a Missha CF - Nov: Clazziquai Project’s second concert, ‘Hot live & Cool Party II’ at Seoul Walkerhill Vista Hall/서울 워커힐 비스타 홀 (I don’t know the exact translation) - Nov: Clazziquai Project’s remix album, ‘ZBAM’, in stores - Oct: ‘Stepping Out’ in a Samsung Kenox (camera) CF - Sep: Horan is in the music cable show, MTV ‘J BEAT’ - Sep: ‘Gentle Rain’ in a Samsung Card CF - Sep: 대만 AVEX Clazziquai Project 1집 ‘Instant Pig’ license 발매 - Jul: ‘Novabossa’ in the movie, ‘Men’s Romance/내남자의 로맨스’ - May: Clazziquai Project’s first album, ‘Instant Pig’, in stores - Apr: Remake of ‘Play Girl’ (originally by Hong Kong female singer, Yumiko, and in her album, ‘Perfect Date’) { so sorry if the translations are a bit messed up. my korean's rusty. -_- }

Discography --coming soon.

Awards 2005: -MNET KM Music Video Festival: "Best Soundtrack" -Korean Popular Music Awards II(2회): “Artist of the Year” -Korean Popular Music Awards II(2회): “Best Pop” 2007: -2007 M.NET/KM Music Festival: Best Mixed Group Award (Lover Boy) -2007 M.NET/KM Music Festival: House/Electronic - Clazziquai (Lover Boy)

Official Links Official Site: www.clazziquai.co.kr Daum Clazziquai Café: www.cafe.daum.net/clazziquai Cyworld Clazziquai Club: www.beclazziquaied.cyworld.com Clazziquai Myspace: www.myspace.com/clazziquai

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MONICA

whoa, clazziquai is underground? didn't know that. but anyway, i love their music. not liking their latest album as much though.

first k-underground thread, I assume?

w/e, clazziquai's amazing,

but the 2nd album was disappointing, compared to the

0.5~1.5 albums

but, I love the song "Salesman"

Guest Take Five

the 2nd album is good but it's very different. like a reviewer on zerodegrees said, you probably have to give it a few more listens to fully appreciate it, especially if you are more used to their 1st album.

Guest bee.elle

^ yep I agree. It took me a few listens to appreciate the songs on their new album. Now I love it! Now both albums are just as good as each other to me ^^

Guest thesarahchong

Yeah, a bit leaning toward mainstream in my opinion... but nevertheless good. Or is it just that people are listening more to underground music. Hmm...

whoa, clazziquai is underground? didn't know that. but anyway, i love their music. not liking their latest album as much though.

Not really, they are in fact mainstream it's just that because the genre of their music is not considered as 'Pop' hence they were posted in this section.

Not really, they are in fact mainstream it's just that because the genre of their music is not considered as 'Pop' hence they were posted in this section.

Quite frankly, I believe this thread should be moved. It simply doesn't belong here.

but the 2nd album was disappointing, compared to the

0.5~1.5 albums

Yeah, a bit mainstream. Clazziquai threads has always been in here.

I love Clazziquai! They're 2nd album was good, but I don't think it was as good as the 1st.

The 2nd album was a huge disappointment for me. It was a let down.

Their first and remix albums, which were made before they were really noticed, had really good music.

Now, even with so much more attention on them, the 2nd album just doesn't compare to what they had before.

After their shot to fame with the Kim Sam Soon songs, they've been pretty mainstream and making appearances on several music shows.

well they used to be underground. Ppl in the underground threads like their topics here so they don't get lost with all the "teeny bopper" korean threads.

I guess I see the underground as "quality" music.

I didn't like the 2nd album at first. It's more upbeat but then musically they are different but just as good. It's a different style. Not as laid back. Artists should experiment right?

There are a few gems in the album.

They had two albums (not big releases) before the first one. They contain sort of more raw/English versions of the songs on albums 1 and 1.5 . So it's good...they have new songs on this album.

Salesman is an old song.

Guest mishell x3

theyre still considered underground??

hrrm i think they gained a lot of popularity after the my name in kim sam soon drama. but yeaaah

speechless is gREAT. :)

Archived