RONDO 輪舞曲 (drama)

Guest dadedum

yuta thanks, can I post what you have in written in CJW thread? RONDO 2 would be great, RONDO film would even be greater, with Yutaka and CJW star power, I hope RONDO film can become box office hits and memorable film in their time.

thanks once again, he!he

hey jas, go ahead! :D

me too! i just went to the bbs, and yah, the article's right....it's flooded with expectations of them collaborating again! Especially after the Osama's Brunch interview, everyone's getting even more excited! well well...till then~ B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Japanese Video Research, the average rating of the last episode was 17.7%, while NHK registered a 9.2% and FujiTV a 15.7%, making Rondo the highest rated show in its broadcasting timeslot. During the final scene which showcased the kiss scene between Choi Jiwoo and Takenouchi Yutaka, the ratings recorded at an all high 21.6%, which reflected the audiences great interest.

I would dearly love to see another collaboration betw Yutaka and JIWoo but not in Rondo2 - but in something romantic. According to the article - the 'kiss' alone garnered 21.6% rating, it just goes to show that the Japanese are also hankering for 'love story'. Maybe this time - a Korean director should weave their magic in producing a wonderful 'love story'.

hey jas, go ahead! :D

me too! i just went to the bbs, and yah, the article's right....it's flooded with expectations of them collaborating again! Especially after the Osama's Brunch interview, everyone's getting even more excited! well well...till then~ B)

thanks yuta, not only the Japanese fans are excited, we are excited too, and with Yutaka and CJW also said their interest to collaborate again, hope AP RONDO will hear us :D

According to the Japanese Video Research, the average rating of the last episode was 17.7%, while NHK registered a 9.2% and FujiTV a 15.7%, making Rondo the highest rated show in its broadcasting timeslot. During the final scene which showcased the kiss scene between Choi Jiwoo and Takenouchi Yutaka, the ratings recorded at an all high 21.6%, which reflected the audiences great interest.

I would dearly love to see another collaboration betw Yutaka and JIWoo but not in Rondo2 - but in something romantic. According to the article - the 'kiss' alone garnered 21.6% rating, it just goes to show that the Japanese are also hankering for 'love story'. Maybe this time - a Korean director should weave their magic in producing a wonderful 'love story'.

there is always 2 sides of a coin, although I hope for the highest rating but if jiwoo accepted love story, then there her haters will say that her role is never change, what do we expect on love story except if it is a comical one :D , I am sure jiwoo can pull it through and with Japanese drama usually have a better script than their counterpart and sometimes their story is more intriguing, it will benefit both parties as Yutaka, I only saw his comedy part on Shortgun Marriage.

but to satisfied the viewers, perhaps they will do RONDO movie, I am confident it will create a success

p/s: I thought the lower rating of RONDO due to external factors like Winter Olympic, games and etc which garnered male fans attention, and due to limited time frame for CJW character in the early part

thanks yuta, not only the Japanese fans are excited, we are excited too, and with Yutaka and CJW also said their interest to collaborate again, hope AP RONDO will hear us :D

there is always 2 sides of a coin, although I hope for the highest rating but if jiwoo accepted love story, then there her haters will say that her role is never change, what do we expect on love story except if it is a comical one :D , I am sure jiwoo can pull it through and with Japanese drama usually have a better script than their counterpart and sometimes their story is more intriguing, it will benefit both parties as Yutaka, I only saw his comedy part on Shortgun Marriage.

but to satisfied the viewers, perhaps they will do RONDO movie, I am confident it will create a success

p/s: I thought the lower rating of RONDO due to external factors like Winter Olympic, games and etc which garnered male fans attention, and due to limited time frame for CJW character in the early part

Jas, true, but as we all know a good 95% of the time that sequels often fail, thus Rondo2, in my opinion will not do. But, a romantic comedy may work; a psychological thriller can gain her more fans. It still come down to a good strong script.

I have to clarify that I have great respect to the Japanese director for putting this drama together, I really enjoyed it. I just wish for them to come together doing a different genre drama.

I still maintain that average of 15% is not low, (as compared to the Korean ratings).

I wish they could collaborate again, but not RONDO 2. Cause I think they may let one of them die then. :wacko: How hard we prayed to have a happy ending so I am not willing to watch Rondo 2 with a hard-worried feeling.^^

But for a love-story or romantic drama, I dont think Yutaka is suitable, or I really dont want to see him in that image. I love Yutaka's cold and reticent outside. :wub: Every kisses, hugges from him are worth...esp when he confesses his love to the one he likes. I'm still impressed by his hugging from behind and the sentence "Kimi o mamoru" so much. Very few words, but very much emotion was showed.

I wish they could collaborate again, but not RONDO 2. Cause I think they may let one of them die then. :wacko: How hard we prayed to have a happy ending so I am not willing to watch Rondo 2 with a hard-worried feeling.^^

But for a love-story or romantic drama, I dont think Yutaka is suitable, or I really dont want to see him in that image. I love Yutaka's cold and reticent outside. :wub: Every kisses, hugges from him are worth...esp when he confesses his love to the one he likes. I'm still impressed by his hugging from behind and the sentence "Kimi o mamoru" so much. Very few words, but very much emotion was showed.

how about romantic comedy then? I am sure that Yutaka can put in every character, he is a great actor, right? I saw his drama Heaven's Coin 1& 2, Beach Boys, Long Vacation, Shortgun Marriage and man, he is great actor, so rom-com might suits him, he!he

Guest Beary Bear

How about having the same concept of "Rondo" but change the genre? I think Takenouchi Yutaka's image in "Ice World" (wth Matsushima Nanako) has been in my mind all these years. And so, his "cold sense of humor" image has stuck with me as well.

If we changed the genre of "Rondo" in the sequel, I wonder if it can work? Just a story line on top of my head,

For example, Takumi is a private investigator working in some case, and he meets a South Korean woman executive who has been posted to Japan to work?

They meet, fall in love at first sight, get married and discover the perks and challenges in maintaining a bi-cultural marriage, like adjusting to foods they eat (eg. eating kim chi for meals), words they use to greet each other, left-hand, right hand driving? Woman experiences home sickness, how the man humors her to make her feel at home, communicating with the in-laws, meal etiquettes, DINKS (dual income no kids) etc?

These are everyday issues that are real and common, and would make interesting subjects for us TV viewers. Well, at least I would like to see it, a romantic drama + comedy + tackling social issues. :lol:

How about having the same concept of "Rondo" but change the genre? I think Takenouchi Yutaka's image in "Ice World" (wth Matsushima Nanako) has been in my mind all these years. And so, his "cold sense of humor" image has stuck with me as well.

If we changed the genre of "Rondo" in the sequel, I wonder if it can work? Just a story line on top of my head,

For example, Takumi is a private investigator working in some case, and he meets a South Korean woman executive who has been posted to Japan to work?

They meet, fall in love at first sight, get married and discover the perks and challenges in maintaining a bi-cultural marriage, like adjusting to foods they eat (eg. eating kim chi for meals), words they use to greet each other, left-hand, right hand driving? Woman experiences home sickness, how the man humors her to make her feel at home, communicating with the in-laws, meal etiquettes, DINKS (dual income no kids) etc?

These are everyday issues that are real and common, and would make interesting subjects for us TV viewers. Well, at least I would like to see it, a romantic drama + comedy + tackling social issues. :lol:

yeah, it is a common thing that happen, I hope that they will materialize what we are hoping for, BB :D

Rondo will make a big hit profit for Korean Production team of 10 billion wons.

The joint drama of Korea and Japan, Rondo, is expected to gain recordly the benefit from sales of 10 billion wons. With the collaborate of two top stars CJW and Yutaka, TBS Production, Rondo's last episode hit the highest rating among TV Stations in the same timespot (17.7%) and recorded the highest rating of its self (21.6%) with the kissing scene between two main leads.

According to an agent person, in order to pust the popularity of Rondo up, they are planning to sell the OST and DVD sets to get over 10 billion wons for return profit.

CJW and Yutaka have fortified their top-stars position by this series. And Lee Seung Chul, who performed the theme song "Sayonara , Sayonara, Sayonara" also brought his singer ranking to a new level.

Success of Rondo is prospectively opening more chances for other cooperation in the future. Another collaborated drama are being planned to filming this autumn.

thanks to rosie for the news and yessy for translation (wow, yessy, you can master japanese language i see, :) and trulyjiwoo

Guest sophia76

how about romantic comedy then? I am sure that Yutaka can put in every character, he is a great actor, right? I saw his drama Heaven's Coin 1& 2, Beach Boys, Long Vacation, Shortgun Marriage and man, he is great actor, so rom-com might suits him, he!he

I'm a new Yutaka fan but i totally agree with you :D

He's a great actor!

Guest escapist

been really busy these days and ive yet to watch the last 2 eps!!! AHHHH

but from what i gathered it was well-received huh? im tryin not to read your posts properly cos i dont wanna be spoiled hahah

can someone enlighten me what they did on Ousama no Brunch?

been really busy these days and ive yet to watch the last 2 eps!!! AHHHH

but from what i gathered it was well-received huh? im tryin not to read your posts properly cos i dont wanna be spoiled hahah

can someone enlighten me what they did on Ousama no Brunch?

they had an interview where both show an interests to work together again in another project, so that's why most of the fans hope for RONDO 2 or RONDO movie :D

Guest sophia76

Yasmine thanks for the video!

I'm donwloading it and I can't wait to watch it.

I downloaded the Rondo promotion dvd from d-addict, too and it's very interesting! :D

translation of Osama Brunch Interview

credit to chizu from heaven's site

Some position translates, I hope you get sense of their interview.

~ It looks back upon the photography for four months. ~

Yutaka said:

The serial drama of collaboration of Japan and South Korea is for first time. I let about four months pass, and even if language differed from the country, it felt the pleasure made aiming at the goal same together, and became study very beyond a serious thing. It is a very good thing to become the same feeling as people of neighboring countries, and to make some one thing. It was for four very good months.

CJW said:

As a feeling of now, there is whether it was able to do better. however, I thought I did the best that time. I think that it was great help by very good Director, staff, and like Mr. Yotaka such great actors, have been accompanied with. It is very good experience for me again for my performance for continuing myself after this. Truly, we worked hard to make this drama together.

.Mr. Takenouchi's impression for CJW ?

She turned completely into YUNA truly once it went into the role, possibly a sight of her base was seldom caught. Although YUNA of having co-starred with her and having felt is also attractive, if she of base is a direction with a more attractive portion than a role. I wished to see her who is playing various roles from now on.

CJW who heard Mr. Takenouchi's words answers. Then she said So desuka? in Japanese ( Is that so? ) smile and laughter takes place from the spot -- A part of Mr. Takenouchi is seeming to feel shy.

CJW's impression for Mr.Takenouchi?

I hear that performance expressing feeling was needed for each other using different language, and thought -- in serious one. However, when it actually tackles, such a thing cannot be found, and Mr. Takenouchi thinks that it had turned completely into show and Takumi, and I had also turned completely into YUNA. Therefore, a partner's thing was felt for each other, and I was able to have the same thought as each other, and think that the breath would also suit exactly. In fact -- At first, since Mr. Takenouchi gave the impression of serious person. Was not he fun person? However it while time passed, also said the joke in intimacy and was able to pass the spot in a pleasant atmosphere. Although there was an opportunity to eat together at the time of shooting drama in South Korea, various talks were carried out. We want to have another work together in the future if it is possible. Moreover, what is necessary is just to be able to unite a breath with a new work.

CJW's warm words, and an inquiry. Mr. Takenouchi was gazing at such CJW figure. CJW who has noticed it -- "KENCHANA?"(maybe another word) -- Mr. Takenouchi. "KENCHANA" and CJW – returning --Daijobu (means OK in Japanese)-- CJW, a smiling face. Conversation was smilingly continued by such wind.

THanks jas! I took time to translate the video too....

I hope it adds on to clarify some of the things in the previous translation:

Ousama's Brunch interview 03252006

ON the 4months plus of shooting:

Takenouchi: THis is the first time that Japan and Korea has collaborated on a drama series. And for me, of course, this is my first time taking part in such a project. What I feel, after going through this 4 months plus of shooting, is that making a project with people from other country, in trying to achieve the same goal, surely indeed brings some hardships, but more than that, it really brought alot of joy and fun. I find it really meaningful to be able to work with a neighboring country and to hold the same emotions towards a working for a same project. FOr me, I learnt alot from this project, it was a great 4 months for me.

CJW asking the interpreter: What did he say? It seems pretty long and it sounded so serious!! *laugh*

CJW: FOr me, I feel a great sense of loss right now. And if I look back at the 4months, I feel like there's definitely room for improvement, that perhaps I could have done a better job, so I feel a little regretful. But nevertheless, I believe we did our very best. And more importantly, I think having been able to meet wonderful director, staff and wonderful actors like Takenouchi Yutaka and others and to work with them is really a very good experience for me that I believe will aid me in my career in the future as an actress. We've really been through alot and to have to walk away from it now is so sad!!

On their impressions of each other:

Takenouchi: Although what we see on screen didn't reflect everything, the moment she enters the role, she transforms herself completely into Yuna. So because of this, it's almost impossible to see the genuine her and the goodness in her on screen. What I've seen in her is that she possess so much charm and appeal in her that extends beyong the role that she's playing now. Mmm...so really, because of this, I hold great interest to see her act in many other various roles.

CJW: Ah~Sodesuka! (Pretending she understood what he said.)

CJW: Anou...Anou....At first, I was rather worriedactually, because of the difference in language, and the need to put our emotions into our acting, it could prove to be quite a challenge. But after we got into shooting, I realize that there's really no such problem. Takenouchi was able to enter his role immediately as Shou/Takumi, and I seem to have become Yuna too. The emotions are greatly captured and I think our chemistry is really at work. (literally: our breath really match) Because he's such a hardworking and serious actor, I was thinking if shooting's going to be boring, but as time passes, we two have become so much closer, and we joke alot during shooting, and the atmosphere is very fun and enjoyable. And last but not least, when we were shooting in Korea, when we were eating together, I even talked about definitely wanting to work with him again next time; that if there's such a chance, that we must collaborate again under a different context, and I'm looking forward to that with a sense of anticipation.

CJW asks Takenouchi in Korean: Not enough?

Takenouchi answers in Korean: Kenchana. (It's fine.)

CJW in Japanese: Daijyoubu? (It's okay?)

Takenouchi: Arigatougozaimasu.

:D:D:D Soooo cute!!!!!

ON what you remember most from the Korea shooting:

Takenouchi:During mealtimes, we didn't do Bento. Everyone sits down and eat warm/hot food. We all sit there together and eat, how should I put it, it becomes a rather close-knitted/intimate affair. And it's not just the actors, but all the staff members are gathered, and we first find a restaurant that we can all fit in, and there we eat our hotpot food. And during mealtime, we do lots of communication,that seems to be the Korean style.

Narrator: It seems like before CJW leaves Japan, there's somewhere she wants to visit.

CJW: It's already end of March approaching April, and I heard that the Sakura blossom is really beautiful. And so I definitely want to go see it then go back.

Finally, TY and CJW send their message to the audience that they've worked really hard on this project and to ask the audience to please tune in to the final episode, as well as thanking the audiences who have been faithfully watching the show and to give our support even to their future projects.

END###

Archived