[variety] Global Talk Show 미녀들의 수다

Guest jahye

Guest jahye

^ Actually YSMM has been dropping a lot in the ratings. For a show that used to get over 20% in ratings, it's quite sad it barely gets 10% now. I personally only watch that show if I like the guests, but I don't see why the ratings have decreased so much. Sure the show is old, but there really isn't another variety show where stars can come out and talk so frankly like they do on YSMM. I prefer talk shows like YSMM to gameshows.

Updated the first post with links for the latest episodes. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suzziee

^ Actually YSMM has been dropping a lot in the ratings. For a show that used to get over 20% in ratings, it's quite sad it barely gets 10% now. I personally only watch that show if I like the guests, but I don't see why the ratings have decreased so much. Sure the show is old, but there really isn't another variety show where stars can come out and talk so frankly like they do on YSMM. I prefer talk shows like YSMM to gameshows.

Updated the first post with links for the latest episodes. :)

I totally agree. I like YSMM but one of the big motivations (if only) to watch is the guests. Although I rarely watch it because I watch more for the combination of guests than a particular guest :P

With Global, I like it cos everyone is so ordinary... just normal people like you and I. And somehow, the show comes across as more earnest and sincere. Sure, I have my issues with some people whom I tend to see as stealing alot of the show from others who barely have a speaking chance, but still.. their stories and experiences... I like! ^_^

I was so touched by that one episode where the host and the guests had to end up apologising to some of the girls for the conduct of their fellow countrymen. (in discriminating against foreigners) Especially Sun Yao's story about how an ajumma told her to look at the cheaper clothes because she came from China. That is so..... -_- Anyway, I was so touched at the apology I teared then...!! :ph34r:

Guest chuck97

Eva is such a showoff. On Stars Golden Bell, she claim she does not speak or know any korean. On Ladies Chatroom, she speaks fluent korean and understands korean very well.

What is she trying to prove on Stars Golden Bell!!!!!

The same thing with that mix girl. She doesn't know any korean on Stars Golden Bell. On another show, she speaks korean fluently.

Guest jahye

I totally agree. I like YSMM but one of the big motivations (if only) to watch is the guests. Although I rarely watch it because I watch more for the combination of guests than a particular guest :P

With Global, I like it cos everyone is so ordinary... just normal people like you and I. And somehow, the show comes across as more earnest and sincere. Sure, I have my issues with some people whom I tend to see as stealing alot of the show from others who barely have a speaking chance, but still.. their stories and experiences... I like! ^_^

I was so touched by that one episode where the host and the guests had to end up apologising to some of the girls for the conduct of their fellow countrymen. (in discriminating against foreigners) Especially Sun Yao's story about how an ajumma told her to look at the cheaper clothes because she came from China. That is so..... -_- Anyway, I was so touched at the apology I teared then...!! :ph34r:

I totally agree about the difference between the shows. I just read the title of this article, 미녀들의 수다 vs 연예인의 수다 "같은 수다 다른 느낌" Beauties' Talk vs Entertainers' Talk "Same Talk Different Feeling" These are plain, ordinary people vs YSMM's famous stars and both shows reveal a lot of personal stories, but like you said, it feels more earnest and sincere hearing it from these girls than the stars. I think it's awesome people in Korea would rather listen to their stories than some famous star's. :lol:

suzziee you might like the latest episode, it talks about assumptions Koreans have about foreigners in Korea, like all foreigners are from China! :rolleyes:

Episode 25 070507

20070508072412636e7_073032_0.jpg

LQ 218 MB megaupload or gigeshare

HQ 700 MB gigeshare

I love when they mute the parts when they swear! :lol:

Eva is such a showoff. On Stars Golden Bell, she claim she does not speak or know any korean. On Ladies Chatroom, she speaks fluent korean and understands korean very well.

What is she trying to prove on Stars Golden Bell!!!!!

The same thing with that mix girl. She doesn't know any korean on Stars Golden Bell. On another show, she speaks korean fluently.

It's too hard to ignore.. :crazy: so I won't.

It's one thing to talk freely and another to guess a word just by hearing broke English descriptions which is what she's doing on Star Golden Bell. She doesn't come off like she doesn't understand Korean on SGB, especially since the guests are speaking to her in English.. it comes off like she can't understand their broken English, not that she can't understand Korean.

Guest suzziee

I totally agree about the difference between the shows. I just read the title of this article, 미녀들의 수다 vs 연예인의 수다 "같은 수다 다른 느낌" Beauties' Talk vs Entertainers' Talk "Same Talk Different Feeling" These are plain, ordinary people vs YSMM's famous stars and both shows reveal a lot of personal stories, but like you said, it feels more earnest and sincere hearing it from these girls than the stars. I think it's awesome people in Korea would rather listen to their stories than some famous star's. :lol:

suzziee you might like the latest episode, it talks about assumptions Koreans have about foreigners in Korea, like all foreigners are from China! :rolleyes:

LOL I downloaded that episode on your reccomendation and watched it last night! (I'd previously been trying to catch up on all the episodes I'd missed so I literally fast forwarded 10 episodes or so :P )

You're right! This was one good episode! The stories were so funny and familiar-sounding to me :lol: The girl from Cameroon (I forgot her name) was so funny when she was describing her experience at the fast food outlet!

Its a pity they didn't make the new German lady speak more- she's really fluent as well from what I heard.

And.. does anyone think its REALLY funny that Taru speaks with that Busan twang coupled with her Finnish accent? So adorable.

I like alot of the girls.. Huong is similar to Sun Yao with her quiet sensibility and I <3 루반장 for her outrageous antics and personality.

Also, I like it when that TV broadcaster comes on as a guest. What's his name again...? Han Suk Joon? He comes across as really engaging and actually LOOKS like he wants to be there :rolleyes: (unlike some of the other guests I've seen) And also.. he kinda reminds me of Lee Han (from Goodbye Solo and Lovers) and its sweet that he and his wife are so in love. Damn. Need more guys like that. :lol:

Guest suzziee

I just had to post to say this. I just watched episode 8 where the girls were given the opportunity to leave a message to their family back home on the programme in their various languages. And being the ultimate cry baby that I am, I ended up sobbing with the rest of the girls :tears::tears:

I'm away from home as well, and that's probably what made that little segment so poignant to me.. it really drives home the message that these are girls, who like you and I have their family, and friends that they left behind to start a new life. And that requires so much bravery.

I think my love for this show just keeps growing.. it just tugs at my heartstrings (or laugh strings, whatever the case may be) ^_^

Guest jahye

LOL I downloaded that episode on your reccomendation and watched it last night! (I'd previously been trying to catch up on all the episodes I'd missed so I literally fast forwarded 10 episodes or so :P )

You're right! This was one good episode! The stories were so funny and familiar-sounding to me :lol: The girl from Cameroon (I forgot her name) was so funny when she was describing her experience at the fast food outlet!

Its a pity they didn't make the new German lady speak more- she's really fluent as well from what I heard.

And.. does anyone think its REALLY funny that Taru speaks with that Busan twang coupled with her Finnish accent? So adorable.

I like alot of the girls.. Huong is similar to Sun Yao with her quiet sensibility and I <3 루반장 for her outrageous antics and personality.

Also, I like it when that TV broadcaster comes on as a guest. What's his name again...? Han Suk Joon? He comes across as really engaging and actually LOOKS like he wants to be there :rolleyes: (unlike some of the other guests I've seen) And also.. he kinda reminds me of Lee Han (from Goodbye Solo and Lovers) and its sweet that he and his wife are so in love. Damn. Need more guys like that. :lol:

That German woman really surprised me too, her Korean IS really good! If I remember correctly, she translates manhwas from Korean to German. I guess you do need to know your Korean to have a job like that.

Huong is just OK for me. Sometimes I find her a little too picky.. definitely not one of my favorites.

I also wanted to acknowledge the part about guests who seem like they don't want to be there.. I know exacty what you're talking about. There were several episodes before where I thought the guests had the most bored look on their face, I kept thinking why they were even on the show. I can't remember all of them but one I can think of right now is the singer Yoon Do Hyun.. I still remember his comment at the beginning of the show. The girls were singing a song and then he said something to the effect like he felt he was watching little kids.. <_< a bit rude if you ask me.

And the earliest episodes.. that's when I felt the icky part about guys watching the show just to drool over the girls or the show being used to showcase exoticness in Korea and these feelings were strong because of the presense of one of the guests, Chun Myung Hoon. I'm soooo glad he left the show.

I LOVE the addition of Alex to the regular panel. Not only for his great voice (Clazziquai anyone??) but he seems genuinely nice and it actually feels like he enjoys being on the show and listening to them talk.

For anyone interested, interviews with the PD of the show, Lee Gi Won (이기원)

[김은구의 PD열전]'미수다'의 이기원 PD

입력 : 2007.05.07 14:23

11ec8.jpg

[이데일리 김은구기자] PD들의 세계는 총성없는 전쟁터다. 이 곳에서는 나이, 성별, 장르를 불문하고 전쟁을 치러야 한다. 방송이 나간 다음 날이면 소숫점 단위까지 측정해 책상 앞에 떨어지는 시청률이라는 성적표들. 그 것을 받고 웃을 수 있는 PD는 늘 소수에 불과하다. 치열한 전장에서 마침내 최후의 미소를 띨 수 있는 그들. ‘PD열전’에서 자신의 분야에서 일가를 이룬 ‘명인’ PD들을 만나본다. <편집자 주>

◇ 미녀들에 둘러싸인 순둥이

이 남자 요즘 너무 행복할 것 같았다. 매 주 세계 각국의 미녀 16명에 둘러싸이는 데다 그 덕분에 상까지 받았으니 말이다.

그런데 이 남자, 의외로 무표정한 얼굴에 말투도 담담했다. 불과 며칠 전 느낀 수상의 기쁨은 벌써 뒤로 한 채 방송 준비에 정신이 없는 모습이었다.

바로 KBS 2TV 토크쇼 ‘미녀들의 수다’를 연출하는 이기원(46) PD다.

이기원 PD는 ‘미녀들의 수다’로 일약 예능 프로그램의 스타 PD로 떠올랐다. 4월25일 열린 제43회 백상예술대상 시상식에서는 '미녀들의 수다'는 TV 예능부분 작품상을 받았다.

그는 2003년 KBS 연예대상 사무국에서 시상식을 준비했다. 2004년과 2005년에는 연예대상 연출을 맡아 '남의 잔치'를 위한 판만 벌려주다 이번에는 본인이 주인공이 됐다. 감회가 남다를 법했다.

방송사 자체 시상식이 아닌 전체 방송 프로그램을 아우르는 시상식에서 받았으니 가슴 뿌듯하다고 해도 뭐라 할 사람이 없었다.

그런데 이기원 PD의 대답은 간단했다. 이기원 PD는 “떨렸다”고 한마디 한 뒤 어색한 웃음을 지었다. 이 남자 무지 ‘순둥이’ 같았다.

◇ '미수다' 주위에선 모두 회의적, PD 혼자만 성공 자신

‘미 녀들의 수다’에는 무려 16명의 미녀가 출연한다. 게다가 ‘수다’라면 결코 그녀들에게 뒤지지 않을 남자 5~7명이 게스트다. 그래서 매주 일요일 여의도 KBS 별관에서 진행하는 ‘미녀들의 수다’ 녹화를 가보면 늘 어수선하고 시끄럽다.

미녀 출연진은 한국 정서에 익숙지 못한 부분도 있는 데다 방송 경험도 없어 언제 어떤 돌출발언을 할지 모른다. 이런 어려움 때문에 ‘미녀들의 수다’ 방송 초기만 해도 방송사나 이 PD 주위에서는 "과연 외국 사람 모아놓고 토크쇼가...."라는 회의적인 시각이 지배적이었다고 한다.

그러나 이기원 PD는 외국인인 만큼 한국어가 유창해도, 반대로 어색해도 시청자들에게 즐거움을 줄 수 있다고 생각했다. 무엇보다 한국에 대한 이들의 솔직한 생각을 가감 없이 듣는 것도 재미있을 것이라는 생각에 ‘미녀들의 수다’를 기획했다.

‘미녀들의 수다’는 한마디로 ‘발상의 전환’에서 탄생된 프로그램이다

여담이지만 이기원 PD는 엉뚱한 곳에서 ‘미녀들의 수다’의 성공을 예감했다고 한다. 프로그램 첫 방송을 2주 앞두고 골프를 치러 갔다가 홀인원을 기록했기 때문이다.

기자와 이 PD의 대화를 옆에서 듣던 진행자 남희석이 호들갑을 떨며 끼어들었다.

“홀인원을 하면 3년간 재수가 좋대요. 그래서 ‘미녀들의 수다’가 대박날 줄 알았다니까요. 3년간은 그 운이 이기원 PD를 쫓아다닐 거예요.”

12ac9.jpg

◇ '미녀들' 챙기는 엄마같은 PD, "하이옌 도중 하차 때 정말 착잡"

‘미녀들의 수다’에서 이기원 PD가 가장 신경 쓰는 하는 것은 녹화가 아니다. 바로 '미녀들'이다.

‘미녀들의 수다’ 시청자 게시판에 올라오는 악의적인 글에 외국인 출연자들이 마음의 상처를 입자 곧바로 이를 폐쇄해 버린 것은 그 단적인 예다.

대부분 유학생 신분인 출연자들이 방송에 출연하기 위해 방송위원회에 고용추천을 받는 것에서 매주 녹화가 끝나고, 방송이 나간 뒤 그녀들의 컨디션이나 속내를 보살피는 것도 모두 이기원 PD의 몫이다.

'미녀들의 수다'는 통상 한번 녹화에 16명 정도의 외국인 출연자들이 나선다. 하지만 이 프로그램에 언제든 출연할 수 있도록 확보한 전체 외국인 패널의 수는 40명 가까이 된다.

이들 중 어느 한사람 서운하지 않도록 동등하게 배려를 해주는 것도 이기원 PD가 신경 쓰는 것 중 하나다. ‘미녀들 중 누가 가장 말을 안듣느냐’는 질문을 하자, 이기원 PD는 “말 할 수 없다”고 정색을 했다.

얼마전 연예기획사와 매니지먼트 계약을 맺은 베트남인 출연자 하 황 하이옌을 4월8일 방송을 마지막으로 하차시켰을 때도 이 PD는 마음이 편치 않았다.

“출연자들에게 연예기획사와 계약을 맺으면 프로그램이 상업적으로 될 수 있는 만큼 출연시키지 않겠다고 처음부터 말을 했거든요. 하이옌이 인기는 있었지만 가이드라인을 무너뜨릴 수는 없잖아요.”

◇ 사회적 반향 일으키는 프로그램 만들고파

이 기원 PD는 교양국 PD로 1987년 KBS에 입사했다가 1993년 다른 장르에 도전해보고 싶다는 생각에 예능국으로 자리를 옮겼다. 연예인의 이름과 얼굴을 외우는 것도 쉽지 않았을 만큼 적응하기까지 적잖은 시간이 걸렸다고 한다.

1997년 ‘연예가 중계’ 팀에 배속돼 연예인들의 스케줄에 맞춰 시도 때도 없이 취재하러 다닐 때는 분위기 적응이 안돼 ‘내가 이러려고 예능국에 왔나’라는 생각에 회의도 들었단다.

또 최선을 다해 프로그램을 만들건만 꼬투리만 잡히면 사람들이 ‘딴따라’라며 도마 위에 올리는 씁쓸한 경험도 수차례 겪었다고 했다.

하지만 이기원 PD는 그런 과정을 거쳐 2002년 ‘윤도현의 러브레터’를 연출했고, 이번 ‘미녀들의 수다’로 자신의 입지를 굳건히 다졌다.

이기원 PD의 머리 속에는 요즘 새로운 프로그램 구상이 가득 차 있다.

“연예인 권력화를 우려하면서도 정작 포맷은 몇몇 연예인 진행자에게 너무 의존하는 프로그램들이 많잖아요. 연예인 진행자에 대한 의존도는 낮추면서 사회적 반향을 일으킬 수 있는 그런 프로그램을 만들어보고 싶어요.”

(사진=김정욱 기자) 이데일리 김은구 기자

link to article

“‘문화비교 토크’ 정체성 잃지 않겠다”

[인터뷰] KBS '미녀들의 수다' 이기원 PD

2007년 05월 09일 (수) 01:51:15

15mb9.jpg

‘글로벌 토크쇼’를 표방하는 KBS <미녀들의 수다>가 봄 개편을 맞아 일요일 오전에서 월요일 밤 11시대로 자리를 옮겼다. 그 첫 날인 지난달 30일, <미녀들의 수다>는 의도적으로 시위 문화, 부동산, 언론 뉴스 등 ‘가볍지 않은’ 주제를 꺼내들었다. “심야 시간대로 옮기면서 선정적으로 흐를 것이란 세간의 예측을 깨고 싶었기 때문”이라는 게 연출자 이기원(46·사진) PD의 설명이다.

지 난달 25일 백상예술대상 TV 예능부문 작품상을 수상하기도 한 <미녀들의 수다>는 많은 관심과 화제를 불러일으킨 만큼 진행자와 남성패널의 자질 논란, 여성 외국인 출연자들의 성 상품화 논란 등 비판과 우려도 적지 않은 것이 사실이다. 이에 대해 이 PD는 “외국인들의 눈에 비친 한국의 모습, 한국과 다른 나라의 문화 비교라는 프로그램 ‘초심’을 잃지 않겠다”고 말했다.

- 왜 ‘미녀’들의 수다인가.

“단순히 출연자들의 외모를 기준으로 ‘미녀’라는 이름을 붙인 것은 아니다. 상징적인 의미로 봐달라. 여성 외국인 전체를 ‘미녀’라는 단어로 지칭했다고 보면 된다.”

- <미녀들의 수다>가 관심을 끄는 이유는 무엇이라고 보나.

“많 은 오락프로그램들이 MC 몇 명의 입담에 의존하는 성향이 짙다. 그러나 <미녀들의 수다>는 16명의 외국인 여성 출연자들이 중심이다. 또 다양한 국적의 외국인들이 풀어내는 한국 생활의 재미도 크고, 점차 캐릭터들이 형성되면서 시청자들이 그들을 연예인처럼 바라보고 더욱 관심을 갖게 되는 측면도 있다.”

- 출연자들이 연예인화되는 것이 프로그램에 걸림돌이 될 수도 있지 않은가.

“기획 의도를 살려나가는 데 역기능이 될 수 있다. 그래서 다양한 외국인들을 계속 섭외하는 등 출연진 구성에 신경을 쓰고 있다. 특정 출연자들에게 쏠림현상이 나타나지 않도록 적절한 안배와 균형을 잡아나갈 것이다.”

16vb5.jpg

- 여성 출연자들의 의상, 카메라 시선 등에서 ‘선정적인 접근’이라는 비판이 있다.

“프 로그램 초기부터 예상했던 부분이다. 그러나 ‘성 상품화’라는 시선 자체가 여성 외국인에 대한 차별이 아닐까. 방송에 출연하면서 이왕이면 화려하고 고급스럽게 치장하는 것은 당연하다. 15명의 스태프들이 매주 컨셉트에 맞춰 의상과 분장, 머리, 쥬얼리 등을 준비한다. 문제는 <미녀들의 수다>를 바라보는 언론들이 더 선정적이라는 점이다. 지엽적인 부분, 본질이 아닌 것들을 끄집어내서 문제를 만들고 논란을 확대 재생산한다.”

- 프로그램 인터넷 게시판을 폐쇄한 것에 대해서도 논란이 분분하다.

“확 인되지 않은 게시판 내용들을 연예매체들이 확대 재생산하고, 악플도 심각해서 출연자들이 말을 조심하고 솔직한 표현을 꺼리는 현상이 나타났다. 이대로 가다간 프로그램 근간이 흔들릴 수밖에 없었다. 게시판은 없앴지만 시청자들의 의견은 제작진만 열람할 수 있는 형태로 받아보고 있다.”

- 앞으로의 계획은.

“초심을 잃지 않으려고 한다. 밤 시간대로 옮긴데다 오락적 접근과 장치까지 강조하게 되면 자칫 프로그램의 정체성이 흔들릴 수 있다. 앙케이트를 중심으로 한 문화 비교 토크라는 성격은 계속 유지할 것이고 앞으로 한국 문화 체험, 출연자 나라를 소개하고 이를 토크로 풀어내는 방안들을 구상하고 있다.”

http://www.mediatoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=56940

A recent article

Foreign Beauties Sample Korean Culture

20pg4.jpg

Eight guests of the KBS talk show "Girls' Talk" visited Hanok Village in Seoul on May 12 along with the show's production crew.

Wearing colorful traditional Korean costumes, the foreign women learned to play the traditional Korean musical instrument "janggu." The participants said they were excited to sample Korean traditions.

Lee Ki-won, the producer of the show, said he liked the idea of shooting an episode for the show in Hanok Village because the show's participants sincerely love Korea and came to the country to learn about its culture.

link to article

haiyen546165106050700px7.jpg

Apparently Haiyen left the show to become an actress..

She got cast in the new KBS drama 꽃 찾으러 왔단다 (Flowers For My Life)

It started this week and the first 2 episodes were actually pretty good. I enjoyed Flowers For My Life the most of all the news dramas that started this week.

Anyways, supposedly she's supposed to start appearing in the fourth episode.

Most of these girls are students studying in Korea or some have international jobs, but a lot of these girls are involved in the entertainment business.. I know Larisa (sp?) is a model, Eva appears on the variety show Star Golden Bell, I think Junko was actually on some other shows before Misuda.. some of them are getting endorsement offers like this

48812999gn1.jpg

I think they aslso have CFs.. they're everywhere! :lol: So the possibility of a handful of them becoming actresses shouldn't be too surprising..

26809872ei1.jpg

21122119td2.jpg

Episode 26 070514 LQ megaupload

credits; cartrider2000 clubbox

Sorry, the HQ direct downloads will be on hold for a while.. otherwise you can download HQ on clubbox

Guest suzziee

That German woman really surprised me too, her Korean IS really good! If I remember correctly, she translates manhwas from Korean to German. I guess you do need to know your Korean to have a job like that.

Huong is just OK for me. Sometimes I find her a little too picky.. definitely not one of my favorites.

I also wanted to acknowledge the part about guests who seem like they don't want to be there.. I know exacty what you're talking about. There were several episodes before where I thought the guests had the most bored look on their face, I kept thinking why they were even on the show. I can't remember all of them but one I can think of right now is the singer Yoon Do Hyun.. I still remember his comment at the beginning of the show. The girls were singing a song and then he said something to the effect like he felt he was watching little kids.. <_< a bit rude if you ask me.

And the earliest episodes.. that's when I felt the icky part about guys watching the show just to drool over the girls or the show being used to showcase exoticness in Korea and these feelings were strong because of the presense of one of the guests, Chun Myung Hoon. I'm soooo glad he left the show.

I LOVE the addition of Alex to the regular panel. Not only for his great voice (Clazziquai anyone??) but he seems genuinely nice and it actually feels like he enjoys being on the show and listening to them talk.

Yeah I totally feel what you're saying about Yoon Do Hyun. He actually kind of creeped me out in that episode where he made an appearance. Wasn't just his cowboy get-up. but also... something else. euughh. Can't put my finger on it. And I wasn't too hot about Chun Myung Hoon either.

But Alex!! Is such a different story. I literally put my hands to my cheeks and squealed when he started singing the track from <My Name is Kim Samsoon> , same reaction to one of the girls. I think if I had been sitting in the audience I might have... fainted or something. haha. I'm a Clazziquai fan! :D And also many times the camera caught him on a long shot... (closeups don't count.. I like to see guests when they're caught unaware of sorts) and he always was faced towards the girls.. His body language indicating he was actually interested. LOL.

And that last episode is SOO relevant to those who are in the business of Kdrama (*cough* Soompi members *cough*) and its all the things we've been talking about all these time. The nit-picking about the facets of Kdrama that most people find fascinating to say the least. Also, a comment Dominique made on the show made me realise the kdrama foreigner community is actually quite small and I bet many of the girls actually know of/ come on Soompi... so mad props if anyone is reading this!

=========

And also about some of the girls... well. I think there's a distinction between who makes for interesting watching on TV and who is a nice person/ who you'd like to be friends with in real life. Those categories can overlap but the distinction is crucial I think. So when I find myself thinking "hmmm I like..." I tend to catch myself and think "as a friend or a TV personality?" haha.

Like I remember Sun Yao saying something about how she has considerable antis or something? Someone posted a message saying "be careful of what you say on today's episode. did you not watch <old boy>? :ph34r: I think people tend to find fault with her because she talks alot about people's prejudices against the Chinese and while I will confess that after about 5 of those stories I was thinking "hmm... maybe she should... cut down" (although this isn't to say they aren't true!) but in real life I'm sure she's a wonderful person. I keep hearing the other girls saying stuff like "last week me, Sun Yao and Eva went to a concert/movie/ whatever together" and Sun Yao's name often crops up. So I'm sure she's a wonderful person in real life. :)

Haha. my 2 cents worth.

========

Here's a MQ (?) rmvb version taken from corean00 clubbox upped to sendspace.

Jahye maybe you can add this to the 1st post?

Episode 26 (14th May Episode)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9scoc

But Alex!! Is such a different story. I literally put my hands to my cheeks and squealed when he started singing the track from <My Name is Kim Samsoon> , same reaction to one of the girls. I think if I had been sitting in the audience I might have... fainted or something. haha. I'm a Clazziquai fan! :D And also many times the camera caught him on a long shot... (closeups don't count.. I like to see guests when they're caught unaware of sorts) and he always was faced towards the girls.. His body language indicating he was actually interested. LOL.

Which episode was this? i'm trying to catch up with this show :sweatingbullets:

Guest suzziee

Which episode was this? i'm trying to catch up with this show :sweatingbullets:

thats episode 26. i uploaded it in my post that's right above yours. :)

Guest jahye

Yeah I totally feel what you're saying about Yoon Do Hyun. He actually kind of creeped me out in that episode where he made an appearance. Wasn't just his cowboy get-up. but also... something else. euughh. Can't put my finger on it. And I wasn't too hot about Chun Myung Hoon either.

That's basically how I base my attitude on the guests too. When I see them looking somewhere else or with a bored face when they think the camera isn't on them.. it really shows if they actually want to be there or if they're on the show doing their own promotional work. Because on other talk shows, when they're the guests, they talk about themselves, but on here, they're mostly sitting there hearing the girls speak.

Alex is a really good addition to the regular guests, so is the actor Byun Woo Min. They both give off the feeling like they actually want to be there and want to listen to them talk.

And that last episode is SOO relevant to those who are in the business of Kdrama (*cough* Soompi members *cough*) and its all the things we've been talking about all these time. The nit-picking about the facets of Kdrama that most people find fascinating to say the least. Also, a comment Dominique made on the show made me realise the kdrama foreigner community is actually quite small and I bet many of the girls actually know of/ come on Soompi... so mad props if anyone is reading this!

I had the same thought too.. I hope nobody is offended reading through this thread!! :sweatingbullets:

And also about some of the girls... well. I think there's a distinction between who makes for interesting watching on TV and who is a nice person/ who you'd like to be friends with in real life. Those categories can overlap but the distinction is crucial I think. So when I find myself thinking "hmmm I like..." I tend to catch myself and think "as a friend or a TV personality?" haha.

Like I remember Sun Yao saying something about how she has considerable antis or something? Someone posted a message saying "be careful of what you say on today's episode. did you not watch <old boy>? :ph34r: I think people tend to find fault with her because she talks alot about people's prejudices against the Chinese and while I will confess that after about 5 of those stories I was thinking "hmm... maybe she should... cut down" (although this isn't to say they aren't true!) but in real life I'm sure she's a wonderful person. I keep hearing the other girls saying stuff like "last week me, Sun Yao and Eva went to a concert/movie/ whatever together" and Sun Yao's name often crops up. So I'm sure she's a wonderful person in real life. :)

Haha. my 2 cents worth.

I love Sun Yao! :lol: I already have friends like her, but I wouldn't mind having her, personally, as a friend. She was really funny in the last episode, during the part when they were doing the annonymous voting.. :lol:

Here's a MQ (?) rmvb version taken from corean00 clubbox upped to sendspace.

Jahye maybe you can add this to the 1st post?

Episode 26 (14th May Episode)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9scoc

Thanks for the link! I'll put this in the first post.

I have some news and then some bad news.. I'll give you the good first..

Anyone watching Flower For My Life?? It's actually a realllly good drama. Not only good, but realllly funny. I mentioned before Haiyen is in this too. She came out for the first time in episode 4, but very briefly.

flowersformylifeep4haiysn4.jpg

gosm5.jpg

Haiyen's scene in episode 4: download here

credits; dcinside

Here's an interview with some of the ladies

newsenphotophpqm5.jpg

HQ on megaupload

선플달기 국민운동본부 발대식 event.. didn't I say before these girls are everywhere?? and with famous people too! Movie actor Ahn Sung Gi!

25377679yb2.jpg

36022379ho0.jpg

75894380sl9.jpg

84944735qj6.jpg

86974754tp3.jpg

83927279ut2.jpg

90942360yg7.jpg

72697211px3.jpg

79664352jc1.jpg

98830324zg8.jpg

credits; newsen + starnews

And now the bad.. from the official website.. :(

누님, 수고했어요^^

021lq5.jpg

진심으로 감사하다는 말 전해요^^, 레슬리 누님...

Her last episode is the upcoming one on the 28th..

LESLIE!!!! One my favorites! This is so sad..

thats episode 26. i uploaded it in my post that's right above yours. :)

uhh... i knew that :phew: .... haha thanks for replying and the link :sweatingbullets:

I have some news and then some bad news.. I'll give you the good first..

wow u freaked me out there for a minute :blink: when i first read that i was thinking the worst (considering how bad this year has been for ppl in entertainment) not to say that Leslie leaving isn't bad, ... but i imagined worst :vicx:

Guest saigon

seriously, it's about time that this show got its own thread. Props to the thread-starter. My two fav. variety shows alongside infinite challenge. Having said that, anyone start a thread on infinite challenge? It's like the best variety show ever man.

Guest freakaway

hey can someone please please upload ep 26 on megaupload pls cuz i have major trouble downloading it from sendspace it always timeouts after a while and i can't seem to finish downloading it no matter how many time i try. ive been d/l this show thru megaupload with no prob until this latest episede...i will be eternally grateful to those who can grant my request. im dying to see the next ep cuz i loooooooove this show so much.....thanks a lot:-)

Guest miss betty

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESLIE CAN'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's like the 'momma' of the grp, the most fluent and entertaining considering hw long she's been in korea. She's 38 rite? Is she studying or does she actually live in Korea?

Anyways, I know some people dislike Eva and she's been attacked by netizens but i feel that she's a genuine person. She's entertaining and fun to watch. Eva in Full House is diff from Eva in SGB and GTS. It's the same person but in diff environments given diff tasks/job. You have to bear in mind that the shows are scripted.

Plus she's really respectful to the guests in golden bell unlike the previous girl.. They seem to love her and enjoy the speed english round (which is hilarious). I love her interaction with the guys from the last line..

Guest suzziee

Alex is a really good addition to the regular guests, so is the actor Byun Woo Min. They both give off the feeling like they actually want to be there and want to listen to them talk.

Heh yes Byun Woo Min is really great as well! I tend to think its because they've both had some experiences with living abroad/ having a family member who isn't Korean. Like how Alex is actually from Vancouver and Byun Woo Min's sister-in-law is Canadian so somehow they're more interested I guess.

And WOW Jahye! Remember how we were united in our "dislike" for Chun Myung Hoon? I was reading an interview with Leslie and it says he got fired from the show?!

This was made clear when I asked her how the Cheon Myeung-Hoon's controversial Rasta-wigged dance on the program aired on Dec. 10 affected her. "Oh, you mean the Shikamoes thing? Yes, I was really surprised they left that in." I was perplexed expecting her to be livid, given that "sikeomeotta" (from which "Shikemoes" derives) means "jet-black." However instead of siding with recent public animosity and demanding his head on a proverbial platter as many of Korea's legions of online "netizens" have done, she surprises me again with, "I feel sorry for him. I heard he got fired for it."

To read the full interview- http://english.seoul.go.kr/today/infocus/i...241569_5099.php

Her last episode is the upcoming one on the 28th..

LESLIE!!!! One my favorites! This is so sad..

=(((( Leslie was my absolute favourite. She was a mixture of common sense yet possessed a fun-loving nature. But I guess I sort of expected it.. like she'd be missing some episodes leading up to this last episode, and in others that she'd appear in she wouldn't talk as much, as if they're trying to give the audience time to adjust to less of a Leslie-feel.

I think the show will be very different without her. I still enjoy the show, but recently, I feel like it isn't as good as it used to be? Sometimes its the mix of the girls... and it starts to feel more polished and less from-the-heart. And also people like Monika (from India) left and now Leslie.. :( I don't know. And also they're giving more airtime to some of the girls that I don't personally feel too much for. Please excuse my rant. -_-

Also, what is it with the audience from the various educational institutions? It doesn't feel like they contribute actively in any way sometimes. Haha. Since I'm ranting, might as well all let it come out! :P

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESLIE CAN'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's like the 'momma' of the grp, the most fluent and entertaining considering hw long she's been in korea. She's 38 rite? Is she studying or does she actually live in Korea?

Anyways, I know some people dislike Eva and she's been attacked by netizens but i feel that she's a genuine person. She's entertaining and fun to watch. Eva in Full House is diff from Eva in SGB and GTS. It's the same person but in diff environments given diff tasks/job. You have to bear in mind that the shows are scripted.

Plus she's really respectful to the guests in golden bell unlike the previous girl.. They seem to love her and enjoy the speed english round (which is hilarious). I love her interaction with the guys from the last line..

She works for KOTRA (Korean Trade Investment Promotion Agency) and her Korean totally blows me away. But I guess, to work for such an institution it has to be!

Eva is one of the most popular and exposed of the girls.. so I guess she's got to have her fair share of anti-fans! (You know what they say! If you don't have antis, you ain't popular enough! :P)

Guest Ella_Kwan

Does anyone know which ep Kim Kibum from SuperJunior is suppost to be in?

or if it didnt come out yet then does anyone know when it will air? or what ep it's going to be?

thank u very much.... :)

Guest freakaway

hey i know that this is asking too much but i would sincerely from the bottom of my heart be grateful if someone out there who knows korean can sub this show in english...i'm really an avid fan of the show and i can tell the topics discussed are interesting but i would love it if i can understand some of their jokes and wat they are discussing about as a whole, as i can dun speak korean....i'm from malaysia...anyone who can go thru the trouble of subbing this show will be appreciated by the many non-korean ppl who watch and enjoy this show....ur efforts will even help this show to expand its fanbase way out of korea and to many other foreign countries like mine....but either way i would like to thank those ppl who made the effort of posting this show for us to download with ease....that's all...sorry for being long winded....ciaozzzzzz

Archived