Pretty Women In Traditional Asian Clothing

Guest bubbles20

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sweet_treats1812

they all look so good!!! asia's style of dress for their women is really amazing~

wonder how things would be if all asian women still dressed like those today :lol:

Guest j'dore*

she's sooo cutee!!

awww

anyhow...

it's cool how star wars used the queen's outfit from mongalian clothes

i love all the diff. cultures' traditional clothing...

but i lovee ao dai??

so colorful&simple&elegant

Oh my GAWD, how come you didn't tell me about this thread earlier?! *elbows theedqueen* I'm GAWKING here, for pete's sake. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful stuff. Thanks for all the eye candy everyone!

Whoever it was a few pages ago who was into Indian fashion, I'm sooooo there with you! These are all caps from my bollywood collection.

I'm 3/4 Hmong and 1/4 Lao and even though I think we're FAAAAAAAAR from the beauty of most other Asian cultures, I have to put something up out of duty :P I'm in the middle, with my sisters on either side.

Hmong.jpg

That's not true, hmong people are not farrrrr from beauty of most Asian cultures. I adore our clothing and I apreciate its histroy.

• 2 weeks later...

I love hanfu! its absolutely gorgeous! Qipao are alright, I used to love them, but I see them a lot and barely anyone notice hanfu. =(

and hanbok, its so cute.

Kimonos are pretty. I love the pretty flowery designs on them, but they look super hard to walk in.

Guest bluepig486

If you want form-fitting hanbok..

THese are the modern hanbok, designed to appeal to the "hip" thing of the times..

and these are really pretty and made of the same material that traditional hanboks are made of...

05ss-01.gif05ss-12.gif

06ssseoul68.jpg06ssseoul86.jpg

06ssseoul159.jpg200511152123131110_1.jpg

hanol18.gif

Truthfully, I used to hate traditional hanbok..

I thought they were so plain and homely and rough compared to the slim and silky kimonos and hanfus..

But then I guess I matured and realized that simplicity is itself a beauty, a rare one..

Hanboks aren't meant to be flashy, they compliment the person who is wearing it.

20060112113699503006746700.jpg20060112113699502799211200.jpg

trad1.jpgtrad2.jpg

trad3.gif

THese from goong are more ornate, and the vibrant colors are really pretty.

184780_02.jpg

Now, I want a whole collection of traditional hanbok. ^^

Guest Aisingiorio Nuerhachi

= It's actually to my understanding that the Hanbok was most heavily influenced by the Mongols. Koreans were introduced to silk under the Tang Kingdom, but the style was adopted while Korea was a vassal state of the Mongolian Yuan Kingdom.

not heavily influenced by the mongols.

cheak this pic out,the left ones are korean and the right ones are chinese. see how similar they are to eachother?

min09.jpg

i can't seem to drew the connetions here after seeing both hanbok and mongolian clothe.infact the mongolian clothes looks more like qipao

mongolian clothe

mongolian_girl.jpg

MGL1009.jpg

hanbok

hanbok.jpg

reception28.jpg

Guest honolulu

yea i totally agreee i think hanfu is the most gorgeous!! very`` and i agree that hanbok and kimino and a lot of cultures are influenced by chinese culture! very okay yea~~ lol

Guest kyongster

i swear

if u love korean pop singers models, actors, actresses, and etc...

u gotta love the hanbok

haha

bc almsot every singer,model,actor, and actresses

takes a pix with it

hahaha

anyways

nice clothings

love it all~=)

Archived