Guest bubbles20

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mystic lotus

^ wow, those kimonos are gorgeous~!

but my favorite is definitely the Hanfu. so elegant <3

I admit that I don't like Hanboks much... but they are alright.

Guest by.your.side

WAHHH SOOO NICE. EVERYTHING!

damnn..i want my own hanbok now. ne way. i member someone telling me this but i just wanted to know if it was true.

i heard that the kimono was actually long long long time ago what the koreans used to wear at a funeral. but the japanese people took that design and added silk and stuff.

is that true? cause i mean the japanese people took alot of stuff from everyone. haha BUT i love kimono bahh i wish i had one too. hahaha

and teh chinese wow...soo nicee! if i was a guy haha i'd find it soo sexually appealing in a way. hahha but im not.

dbsk and shinhwa look SOO cute in those hanboks. *runs over to them*

Guest mystic lotus

i heard that the kimono was actually long long long time ago what the koreans used to wear at a funeral. but the japanese people took that design and added silk and stuff.

is that true? cause i mean the japanese people took alot of stuff from everyone.

I really doubt that's true.

The kimono was influenced by the hanfu.

& yeah, a lot of cultures have been heavily influenced

by the Chinese; that's nothing new.

It isn't just the Japanese...

Guest MzBeciko

^ wow, those kimonos are gorgeous~!

but my favorite is definitely the Hanfu. so elegant <3

I admit that I don't like Hanboks much... but they are alright.

all these dresses are sooo pretty

i dont know if this is a stupid question but are phillipino people asian? ive always considered them to be asian but then someone comes up to me saying they are pacific islanders and not asians. im so confused. would anyone like to correct me???????????

if you were to ask this question in the philippines they would say that they are asian.

mybarong_1886_231816826.jpg

Anyway, this is a barong tagalog. Filipino guys wear this when it's a special occasion. For weddings, birthdays, funerial, all that stuff. It can be in different colors but it's mostly in white and the pants to match it gotta be black.

Traditional filipino female outfits turned modern.

mybarong_1886_286546098.gifmybarong_1886_287344937.gifmybarong_1886_288740869.gifmybarong_1886_289661329.gifmybarong_1886_333480819.gifmybarong_1886_334515256.gif

Guest yonsu

I did a project on the Hanbok for Geography class a few years ago. The values and symbollic meaning behind each color and image are astounding. It's actually to my understanding that the Hanbok was most heavily influenced by the Mongols. Koreans were introduced to silk under the Tang Kingdom, but the style was adopted while Korea was a vassal state of the Mongolian Yuan Kingdom.

By the way, if any of you ever go to Japan and see everyday Kimonos, you'll find that they really aren't as gorgeous as the media portrays them to be. Really plain and makes the figure look mishapen.. I'm not talking about the ones that Geishas wear either.

Guest xl0v3juicy

I think the hanfu is GORGEOUS. Unfortuneately, traditional chinese clothing is represented by the qipao :(. In my opinion, i think that the indian clothing is way over done. the glitter / jewelery is too much for me. On the other hand, i'm LOVING the simplicity and solid colors of the hanbok :). it's soo cute (especially the ones with the stripes on the sleeves).

By the way, if any of you ever go to Japan and see everyday Kimonos, you'll find that they really aren't as gorgeous as the media portrays them to be. Really plain and makes the figure look mishapen.. I'm not talking about the ones that Geishas wear either.

Those would probably be yukata. Furisode and such are the ones Geisha wear and they're usually reserved for ceremonies, while yukata are more everyday wear.

Guest precious4e

It was hard finding pictures that haven't already been used, so I found some paintings :P

mocmcourage.jpg

mocmspiritvalor.jpg

Credits: some pictures were from www.concentric.net/ ~Artfaire/index1.html.. i can't remember where i got the rest

oohhh those paintings are from Caroline Young.. I love her art work... its all Asian themed and focus on the traditional folktales!! here's the link

http://www.carolineyoung.com/

the Dream of the Red Chamber series is my favorite!!

and here's a pic from Memoirs of a Geisha to contribute to the thread!

sayuri_with_fan.jpg

Archived