Pretty Women In Traditional Asian Clothing

Guest bubbles20

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arandomasian

Woa, I want to revive the hanfu too!!! :P Do you still have the source so I can read it?

I want to know where I can buy hanfu.

Actually the qipao (that we know) was introduced somewhere around 1900-1920

during the Qing dynasty people wore something like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/millou/WEB34.jpg

The modern Qipao was introduced in the 1900s, in Shanghai I believe. But the Chinese did start wearing the traditional variation ever since the Qing dynasty. For those who've seen the famous Taiwanese drama Princess Returning Pearl, you would know what they look like.

00c8a5cacbda30full.jpg

They are definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing, especially compared to the ancient Hanfu.

11769tl.jpg

Guest cantthinkofaname

like seriously, chinese clothings are so ....GORGEOUS

other than thai clothings, chinese clothings gotta be the next gorgeous asian ancient clothing ever

edit:

well my people, which are hmongs, our clothings...yeah you can say it's a bit different, but here are some examples

please refrain yourself from bashing on my peoples' traditional clothing

hmong-girls-yang2.jpg

hmong09.jpg

the lady and guy out fit, he's wearing what my people call it "hmong green" outfit, yes in my culture we have 3 different kind of outfit

-green

-white

-stripe

well those are the three that i know so far, i'm not sure or i'm pretty sure that there's more to it, the first picture i posted up of those two girls

those outfit we call it "hmong chinese" outfit, the design is made out of beads, i'll show more examples later

2005821757267125.jpg

she is a hmong chinese lady whom lives in china, their outfit are kind of similar but different from the ones here in america/laos/thailand

hmonga.jpg

this is the dress that "hmong green" people wear, this is the one that my mom makes me wear during hmong new years

IMG_3548.JPG

this is the outfit that "hmong white" wear to the new years, as you can tell the outfit for the guy, the pants are different, it's like an american pants, and for the girl, the dress is white not colored

MissHmong2004.jpg

this picture was taken during the beauty pageant 2004 at the fresno hmong new year

hmongchapeaurond.jpg

this is the outfit for "hmong stripe" people, at the arms of their shirt, there's stripe going around them

there's a lot more to share but i'll stop here :)

please do note that these people aren't as gorgeous as the other ones soompier they've posted, these people are only regular non-popular people like us :)

• 11 months later...
Guest AAgurl789

time to revive the thread

------------------------------------------

Mongolian costumes...It's quite "scary" (enough to give me nightmares) and yet at the same time it's so eccentric and it's hard to believe but I actually do like it...Lady gaga should seriously get inspired by these...haha

xin_55207062910267652756816.jpg

xin_5620706291026187316218.jpg

it even inspired star wars

queenamidala.jpg

mongolcostume1.png

mongolcostume2.jpg

National-Costume-Mongolian-Nation--55126.jpg

Mongols%20clothes%20man%20and%20woman.jpg

Guest sunye~

wow... i love traditional clothing... they're beautiful... :)

i love how they're elegant, colorful, modest, ...

i'll try to look for some pics and post some

• 2 weeks later...
Guest epicpwnage

chinese traditional clothing is the most beautiful traditional asian clothing in my opinion ^_^

the drama *beyond the realm of conscience* features a really great cast & their clothing is simply gorgeous.

the hair is beautiful too ^^ even though its a wig. look at the cloth and patterning~~

1250859715.jpg

050800282061b1.jpg

^ lol selena and tavia goofing off

beyond-the-realm-of-conscience-full.jpg

^ ireally like charmaine's clothes in this picture! (lo sam ho in the drama) (shes the girl who's wearing very floral, bright colours in the front)

^^ ooh hanfus are so pretty!! I TOTALLY WANT ONE. but i don't think there would ever be an appropriate time to wear it unless theres a festival or something~

Guest gailza

I don't really like Hanbok, but some are like WOW !

Hey that's jsut my opinion. xD

These clothing are just simply awesome <3

Philipino aren't originally from Asia.

So by blood, they're not asian.

But now by land, they're asian.

That's what I learned.

Not sure xD

yeah i get you, on my father's side his great3x grandfather was originally from Spain and my grandfather just recently found out that my great3x grand-dad i think he was still a citizen of Spain. so it states that our citizenship or maybe his first family

citizenship are dual.

I mean i feel i am Asian. but some Spanish features really do come-out like out nose for example.

putting some korea luv.

these are from the drama Dong Yi

(don't know how accurate they are but seeing that its from the same PD as Dae Jang Geum I think they are pretty much accurate)

e17100517hdtvxvidhanavi.jpg

^Lady police with the King

e18100518hdtvxvidhanavi.jpg

^More Police Ladies

^the Queen

^I absolutely LOVE the sleeves!

^the King and Dong Yi

^I am LOVING the purple Hanbok.

• 2 years later...
Guest selinie777

I love the Chinese and the Korean clothing. Both of them are very elegant and beautiful. :3
Chinese:Ancient Chinese Butterfly Princess Costumes and Hair Accessories Complete SetAncient Chinese Chang Er Female Blue Moon Fairy CostumesAncient Chinese Palace Guzhuang Hanfu Complete Set201072902256.jpg2009111895535.jpgAncient Xi Shi Beauty Costumes and Hair Accessories Complete SetClassical Chinese Princess Clothing and Hair Accessories Complete SetAncient Tang Dynasty Beauty Costumes Complete SetAncient Chinese White Swords Women CostumeChinese Classical Tang Dynasty Clothing Complete Set with Long TailChinese Classical Fairy CostumesAncient Chinese Tang Dynasty Princess Taiping Clothing for WomenAncient Chinese Imperial Empress Purple Costumes, Hair Accessoreis and Wig Complete SetAncient Chinese Tang Dynasty Palace Empress Costumes Complete Set for Women2012121401944.jpgAncient Chinese Tang Dynasty Empress CostumesAncient Chinese Princess Yellow and Black ClothesAncient Chinese Princess Pink Clothing and Hair Accessories20126664050.jpgTraditional Chinese Romantic Pink Tang Dynasty Princess ClothingAncient Chinese Beauty ClothingAncient Chinese Palace Empress Costumes Complete Set for MenXuan Yuan Sword Zi Xuan Fairy Costumes for WomenAncient Chinese Tang Dynasty Clothing for WomenChinese Tang Dynasty Lady Costumes20091229225513.jpgAncient Chinese Palace Princess Costumes and Hair Accessories2012822194052.jpgAncient Chinese Light Yellow Princess CostumesTraditional Chinese Tang Dynasty Musician Pink Clothing for Women
Shop for Traditional Chinese dresses at China-cart(dot)com

Archived