Quantcast
belovedycjm

Han Ji Min 한지민

Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, Son Ho Jun, And More Gather For First Script Reading Of New JTBC Drama

Dec 19, 2018
by L. Kim

Following the confirmation of the main cast, upcoming JTBC drama “Dazzling” (working title) held its first script reading.

“Dazzling” tells the story of a woman who lost time before she got to use it all and a man who lives his brightest days by doing nothing and wasting them away. It will be a fantasy drama that follows the lives of two people who live in the same time, but also live in completely different times.

Lead actors Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyukand Son Ho Jun were in attendance, as well as other cast members including Ahn Nae Sang, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Ga Eun, and Song Sang Eun.

Dazzling.jpg

Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min showed different synergies with the same character. The two actresses will both be playing the role of Kim Hye Ja, a woman who finds herself with the ability to travel through time. They portrayed the positive and loyal character with different charms. Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min, who had to closely follow the emotional lines of the character, carefully checked each other’s lines throughout the script reading and performed wonderful acting.

Kim Hye Ja, who will act in a fantasy romance for the first time since her debut, is in her 70s, but her soul is 25 years old, heralding a dramatic transformation. She completely immersed into her character and also showed unique chemistry with Nam Joo Hyuk.

Han Ji Min also put on an attractive performance by breaking down her character as an aspiring announcer who is equipped with an infinite positive mind. From realistic, empathetic acting that attracts the audience, Han Ji Min is already Kim Hye Ja. She, too, showed great chemistry with Nam Joo Hyuk.

Nam Joo Hyuk will take on the role of Lee Joon Ha, who wishes to become a reporter. The actor, who has broadened his acting spectrum in various works, showed calm yet deep acting. He perfectly portrayed the ups and downs of his character, and viewers are already anticipating his new role.

Son Ho Jun will play Kim Hye Ja’s older brother Kim Young Soo, who isn’t bogged down by time and is full of mischief. He showed off his cool and deft charm by causing everyone to laugh with his delightful and humorous acting. He is expected to create sibling chemistry with both Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min.

The supporting actors played their parts as well. First, Kim Ga Eun is a cold-hearted realist named Oh Hyun Joo who unexpectedly shows warmth from time to time. Song Sang Eun plays the cute aspiring singer Yoon Sang Eun with a husky voice. Ahn Nae Sang and Lee Jung Eun will play Kim Hye Ja’s parents, and during the script reading, they portrayed realistic parents with their professional acting.

The production crew stated, “This is a special and ‘dazzling’ combination. It was script reading where the delicate acting of the actors was overwhelming. The actors’ passionate performances of the dense script and the already complete characters provide a pleasant smile and warm empathy. Special acting synergies from Kim Hye Ja and other actors are expected to lead the highly mature work.”

“Dazzling” began filming in October and is expected to air in 2019.

Above from soompi

• Like 1

Thank you soompi for the translation of the interview:D

Han Ji Min Shares Thoughts On Receiving Multiple Best Actress Awards In 2018

Han Ji Min Shares Thoughts On Receiving Multiple Best Actress Awards In 2018

Dec 21, 2018
by S. Park

Han Ji Min discussed the recognition she has received after starring in the film “Miss Baek.”

On December 20, the actress appeared on JTBC’s “Newsroom” and talked about her latest film with renown anchor Sohn Suk Hee. About winning five awards this year, she said, “I couldn’t even imagine it in my dreams. I think that luck has to be on your side for awards. I think I had good luck.”

Han Ji Min continued with a smile, “I actually didn’t know that there were so many awards shows, and I’m thankful I was able to receive them.” The actress won the Best Actress award at the 4th London East Asia Film Festival, 38th Korean Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards, 19th Women in Film Korea Festival, and 5th Korean Film Producers Association Awards for her performance in the film “Miss Baek.”

Sohn Suk Hee said, “This was not what they call a mainstream movie. It was low-budget and by a rookie director. It has a female lead. It’s not something that’s strange, but it became a hot topic in light of the social conditions.” Han Ji Min replied, “There were many people who supported the film, so it became more of a success than expected. These days [many films] surpass 10 million moviegoers, so there are probably many people who haven’t seen it.”

She continued, “The reason I choose a project is different each time, but when I first read the scenario for ‘Miss Baek,’ it felt more like I was watching an abusive scene taking place in a horrible family somewhere instead of feeling like a movie. As soon as I read it, I thought that there might be difficulties and that it might be taking on a challenge if I took this role. But as an adult living in this society, I felt sorry to these people, so I wanted to work on this film. Since it was a low-budget commercial film, there were difficulties with getting staff members, but they also worked on it with the same mindset as me.”

Han-Ji-Min-2.jpg

About child actress Kim Si Ah whom she worked with in “Miss Baek,” Han Ji Min said, “There were many scenes that were emotionally difficult. The director also wanted someone who had never acted before and wanted to find someone who didn’t stick out when you first saw them and looked like someone who really exists in this world. Despite her young age, actress Kim Si Ah did a good job acting as she put in a lot of effort.”

Han Ji Min also discussed the variety in her filmography. “When I was a rookie, I was just grateful for an opportunity and worked hard no matter what,” said the actress. “At some point, I felt really embarrassed when I felt like my acting was the same despite being different projects. After that, I tried to look for new things. I think that every actor has a yearning for a new character. Because of the characteristics of dramas, the female characters are similar. So I usually decide to try to do something different in films whether it’s big or small.”

She continued, “After receiving many awards, many people are becoming curious about my follow-up project and asking what all of this means. I said this during my award acceptance speech as well, but I hope that this award doesn’t feel too heavy for me.”

She added, “Just like how I’ve done things slowly until now, I think I’ll continue doing so without many changes. Kim Hye Soo sent me a text message the next day and said that she hoped that my acting career would continue one step at a time, whether on a rose flower path or a thorn-ridden path. There will probably be difficult moments, but the support I received through ‘Miss Baek’ will give me courage.”

Han Ji Min will next appear in JTBC’s new drama “Dazzling” which began filming in October and will air in 2019.

• Like 1

Nam JooHyuk And Han JiMin’s Adorable Height Difference Is Already Getting Fans Excited For “Dazzling”

DECEMBER 20, 2018

((Skip))
JTBC released the script reading pictures. On these, the height difference between Nam JooHyuk (187 cm) and Han JiMin (160 cm) caught the eyes.
The height is not the only difference, they also have an age difference of 12 years.
((skip))
for full story

• Like 1

Credit: ePhoenix.13 @BillyRocks_13

If I may make a suggestion to HJM fans. If you're up for it, it would be great to have a movie thread for Miss Baek. It doesn't look soompi has a Miss Baek thread at the Movie & Drama section. There have been really a lot of good updates of the movie posted here plus the nonstop award articles. Even though the movie have already been shown in Korea, there're still places yet to screen it plus various upcoming film fests in 2019. If members here could coordinate to compile & post the movie related stuff at a specific thread, that would be nice treat for the fans to refer.. HJM's and movie fans in general. However, the Movie & Drama section have a stricter rule about posting consecutively (it can't be helped sometimes), so, if two or more fans can divide the re-posts among themselves, that would be better. A dedicated member could list down the updates as well as awards received at the first post on the first page. 

Well, this is just an idea if anyone is interested. No offence meant.

• Thanks 2

hi it's been a while. Congrats to Ji min and Miss Baek crew for all the achievements. as for me, I want HJM to explore her acting with different genres and roles. It needs luck too for having a good project. It's not that I don't like romcom, and I know HJM also already got that romcom queen title, but I think this is her moment to step out, and showcase her acting skill in various roles/genres. And it's good to hear that she also want it that way. One last thing, it's good that she also want to try even small portion role such as cameo roles.

another interesting i found out:

It turns out HJM and Kim Yun Seok already had a project together before. Back in 2005, he starred in Rebirth (KBS) too, if you all remember the guy who helped Uhm Tae Woong to investigate the case. Here's the article where he mention he already met HJM long time ago.

Kim Yun Seok talk about fellow actor HJM

(I google translated it)

[Blue Dragon exclusive interview ②] Kim Yoon-seok "Kim Hye-soo, Blue Dragon thinks it will enhance the quality of the award"

[Skipped unrelated...]

After winning the Blue Dragon Film Awards, Han Ji-min, who won the Best Actress Award for "Miss Back" (Lee Ji-Won), presented her joy to her SNS, and at the same time, "Miss Back" I was very impressed that you were able to stand in that position with your seniors. Thank you very much. " In addition, the interview with the Sports Chosun and the winner also revealed a deep appreciation for Kim Yoon-seok. Kim Yoon-suk opened the reason that he cheered for 'Mitsu-bag', which might be a competition work, among the greetings of 'male murder'. 

2018122001001369800100394.jpg

[Skipped unrelated...] A 'Mitsubag' likewise went to the stage greetings. Although the film 'Mitsubag' was shot with a low budget, it received a very good message and a favorable reception. I knew it was true and I knew that Kwon Sohyeon actor who appeared in our 'murderous murder' also appeared, so I wanted to cheer him up. Actually, he appeared in Miniseries with Han Ji Min in the past, It became a title roll that attracted such a wonderful movie, and it made me want to cheer. " Kim Yoon-suk, who was released last December in '1987', which has been loved until now, and 'Homemade Murder' (Director Kim Tae-gyun) Kim Yoon-seok has spent an unforgettable year with two special films this year. "The two movies I showed this year are going to be memorable for a long time," he said. 

[Skipped unrelated...]

@rubieit would be good. However I am not really familiar with soompi rules, especially in that section. I really hope someone will initiate to open it first, and i would be happy to share any update i could find.

• Like 2

@rubiei would love to have a dedicated thread for miss baek but i'm afraid we don't enough time to work on it. It is mostly me and @tok-soompiwho regularly updates this thread and with the new drama of ji min next month, our hands will be more than full:D

Cine 21's most memorable film of the year. Han ji min won best actress because her supporting actors are great too:)

@unknown12so kim yoon seok has already worked with ji min before. I have watched resurrection but i can't remember him there. They both won in LEAFF too:)

• Like 1

Kim Hye Soo Reveals Why She Cried During Han Ji Min’s Award Acceptance Speech

Dec 23, 2018

((Skip unrelated))

Kim Hye Soo was seen crying during Han Ji Min’s acceptance speech for the Best Actress award at the 39th Blue Dragon Awards. “It wasn’t the level of a senior encouraging her junior, but it honestly felt more like I was watching myself,” explained the actress. “I know how difficult it is to accomplish that, so you can’t help but form a strong bond and solidarity. At some point, I began to gather the courage to express those kinds of feelings.”

• Like 1

A compilation worth sharing. Han Ji Min has indeed come a long way. As a fan, I am so proud of her. May the awards she received be an inspiration to do more projects that will challenge her as an actress. I am already very curious of her next movie project after Miss Baek. I will treasure Miss Baek and watch it from time to time as it is her greatest performance to date.

Happy Holidays to everone here:wub:

• Like 1