Quantcast
belovedycjm

Han Ji Min 한지민

Some soompi updates on the awards night:)

Stars Walk The Red Carpet Of The 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards

Nov 23, 2018
by J. Lim

The 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards was held on November 23 at 8:55 p.m. KST at the Peace Hall of Kyung Hee University.

The Blue Dragon Film Awards is held every year to celebrate the best and brightest that the Korean film industry had to offer throughout the year.

Prior to the event, various actors and actresses graced the red carpet and they dazzled in various dresses and suits. This year’s MCs Kim Hye Soo and Yoo Yeon Seok were the first to arrive, followed by stars such as Joo Ji Hoon, Han Ji Min, Kim So Hyun, Park Bo Young, 2PM’s Junho, Nam Joo Hyuk, and others.

Check out some of the looks from the event below!

MCs Kim Hye Soo and Yoo Yeon Seok

Kim-Hye-Soo-Yoo-Yeon-Seok-XPN.jpg

Han Ji Min

Han-Ji-Min-XPN1.jpg

• Like 2

Photos: BH Entertainment

th_congrats.gif

Acceptance speech clip: yesta @yesterdaylargo

Winners Of The 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards (English translation via soompi)

Han Ji Min received the Best Actress award for her work in “Miss Baek.” She tearfully said, “Thank you for this award, it is an honor,” before mentioning the pain and difficulties that she went through in the long time it took for the film to be released. “I think that it’s thanks to the sincere message of ‘Miss Baek’ that I’m able to stand here at the end of that heavy and difficult time,” she said. “Rather than taking on ‘Miss Baek’ because of my ambitions as an actor, I instead had a great desire to show our society’s dark and painful reality through the film.” She went on to say that she wishes to share the honor with her co-stars and the film’s staff.

SSI_20181124102234_V.jpg

• Like 3

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/11/winners-from-the-39th-blue-dragon-film-awards

Winners from the '39th Blue Dragon Film Awards'!

misc.

On November 23, the '39th Blue Dragon Film Awards' took place at Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace. Actress Kim Hye Soo and actor Yoo Yun Suk hosted the event. Many stars who have played a vital role in the Korean film industry in 2018 also made attendance. 

Check out the list of winners below! 

Best Fim: '1987'

Best Director: Yoon Jong Bin 'The Spy Gone North'

Best Actor: Kim Yoon Suk '1987'

Best Actress: Han Ji Min 'Miss Baek'

Best Supporting Actor: Kim Joo Hyuk 'Believer'

Best Supporting Actress: Kim Hyang KI 'Along with the Gods'

Best New Actor: Nam Joo Hyuk 'The Great Battle'

Best New Actress: Kim Da Mi 'The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion'

Best New Director: Jeon Go Woon 'Microhabitat'

Best Screenplay: Kwak Kyung Taek, Kim Tae Kyun 'Dark Figure of Crime'

Best Cinematography/Lighting: Kim Woo Hyung, Kim Seung Kyu '1987' 

Best Editing: Kim Hyung Joo,JUng Bum Sik, Yang Dong Yup 'Gonjiam'

Best Music: Dal Paran 'Believer' 

Best Art Direction: Park Il Hyun 'The Spy Gone North' 

Technical Award: Jin Jong Hyun 'Along with the Gods' 

Best Short Film: 'New Record' 

Popularity Award: Kim Young Kwang, Jin Seo Yeon, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Hyang Ki

The Film with Highest Attendance: 'Along with the Gods'
  • Like 3

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/2018-blue-dragon-awards/

2018 Blue Dragon Awards

2018bluedragon1.jpg

Kim Yoon-seok, Han Ji-min

It’s that time of year again — awards season! The 39th Blue Dragon Awards took place on November 23 in Seoul and it was a glamorous and star-studded affair. Kim Hye-soo returned to host for the second year running, with Yoo Yeon-seok as her co-host.

2018bluedragon-12.jpg

Song Kang-ho, Kim Yoon-seok

Competition was stiff, but the critically acclaimed film 1987 managed to scoop the Best Picture prize. 1987 is based on the real-life events of the June Democratic Uprising, which saw mass protests break out against the country against the power of the authoritarian President Chun Doo-hwan. The movement successfully forced the government to make concessions that brought about democratic changes to the country. The veteran actor Kim Yoon-seok won Best Actor for his portrayal of a police commissioner. The film also won in the Best Lighting category.

2018bluedragon-11.jpg

L-R Kim Dong-wook, Kim Hyang-gi, Joo Ji-hoon

The night’s other big winner was Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds. The fantasy film centers around a firefighter who dies and is guided through the underworld by three grim reapers. Kim Hyang-gi is just 18 but she already boasts an impressive filmography and a Blue Dragon Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of the youngest grim reaper. (How cute was her reaction to winning?!) The film also won Best Technical Effects and the Box Office Audience Award, which is popularity award.

Han Ji-min won Best Actress for her portrayal of an ex-convict whose life is changed by a little girl. The other nominees in the category were Kim Tae-ri, Kim Hee-ae, Esom, and Park Bo-young.

The late Kim Joo-hyuk won Best Supporting Actor for his last film role in Believer. He won out against Yoo Hae-jin, Kim Dong-wook, Joo Ji-hoon, and Steven Yeun. Nam Joo-hyuk won New Actor for his role in the historical film The Great Battle and Kim Da-mi won New Actress for her lead role in the thriller The Witch.

Kim Hyang-gi picked up her second award of the night as she won the Popularity Award along with Joo Ji-hoon, Jin Seo-yeon, Kim Young-kwang. See below for the full list of winners.

• Like 3

I admit, until now i can't get over ji min's win. Everything is just perfect. She is just so gorgeously beautiful:wub:

Even lee sung min who also won best actor in the film critics award was seen standing and applauding, so nice of him. The judges tabulation table was released and ji min unanimously gets 7 out of the 9 judges. Kwon so hyun just lost one vote, 5 to 4, very close fight for best supporting actress. But for best actor and best actress, the winner is very clear. So proud of our ji min and i hope i can get to watch this once in a lifetime movie of hers:wub:

• Like 1

November 26, 2018

Jang's '1987' wins Best Picture

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

25194636.jpg
Actor Han Ji-min arrives at the 39th Blue Dragon Awards ceremony at Seoul’s Kyung Hee University on Friday evening. She won Best Actress for her role in "Miss Baek." [YONHAP]

Director Jang Joon-hwan’s period epic “1987: When the Day Comes” won Best Picture at the 39th Blue Dragon Awards, which was hosted by actors Kim Hye-soo and Yoo Yeon-seok at the Grand Peace Hall of Kyung Hee University, eastern Seoul, on the evening of Nov. 23. 

Based on a real events in the June Democratic Movement, the movie vied for 10 awards at the prestigious film event, and went home with three, including Best Actor for Kim Yoon-seok and Best Cinematography and Lighting for Kim Seung-kyu and Kim Woo-young. 

“I am truly grateful to the seven million audience members who supported the movie,” said Jang in his acceptance speech. “I also want to express my gratitude towards the families of the patriotic martyrs for democracy, [who were depicted in the movie].”

Other award winners include Yoon Jong-bin, who received Best Director for “The Spy Gone North,” which tells the true story of a former South Korean military officer who was recruited in 1993 by the National Intelligence Service to infiltrate North Korea, and Han Ji-min, who was named Best Actress for her role in “Miss Baek,” which explores child abuse through the eyes of a socially excluded character portrayed by Han.

“Whenever I face a moment of hesitation or fear about [continuing my] acting [career], I will always think about this award,” Han said in an acceptance speech with tear-filled eyes. 

Best Supporting Actress went to Kim Hyang-gi for her role in the webtoon-based fantasy blockbuster “Along With the Gods: the Two Worlds” and Best Supporting Actor was won by Kim Joo-hyuk for “The Great Battle,” about an epic battle between a general from the Goguryeo Dynasty (37 B.C. ? A.D. 668) against half a million men from the Tang Dynasty.

Apart from handing out awards, the ceremony paid respects to actor Shin Sung-il, who died earlier this month from lung cancer, and Kim Joo-hyuk, who died in a car accident in October. Kim was named Best Supporting Actor for his performance as the villain in crime action film “Believer.”

By Jin Min-ji

Photos: Sports Chosun

2018112601002176300169521.jpg

2018112601002176300169522.jpg

2018112601002176300169524.jpg

Spoiler

2018112601002176300169523.jpg

'1987' wins Best Film at the 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards

Translated by DDOBOJA

Original Source (news1 via Naver): [39th Blue Dragon Film Awards] '1987' wins Best Film...'Sweeps Blue Dragon Film Awards'

Winners:
Best Film → 1987
Best Actor → Kim Yoon Seok (1987)
Best Actress → Han Ji Min (Miss Baek)
Best Director → Yoon Jong Bin (The Spy Gone North)
Best Supporting Actor → 故 Kim Joo Hyuk (Believer)
Best Supporting Actress → Kim Hyang Gi (Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds)
Popular Star Award → Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Young Kwang, Kim Hyang Gi, Jin Seo Yeon 
Best Screenplay → Kwak Kyung Taek, Kim Tae Gyun (Dark Figure of Crime)
Best Art Direction → Park Il Hyun (The Spy Gone North)
Best Music → Dalparan (Believer)
Best Editing → Kim Hyung Joo, Jung Bum Shik, Yang Dong Hyuk (Gonjiam)
Best Cinematography-Lighting → Kim Woo Hyung, Kim Seung Kyu (1987)
Technical Award →  Jin Jong Hyun (Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds)
Best New Director →  Jeon Go Woon (Microhabitat)
Audience Choice Award for Most Popular Film → Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds
Best New Actor → Nam Joo Hyuk (The Great Battle)
Best New Actress → Kim Da Mi (The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion)

1. [+2554, -103] Han Ji Min congratulations on winning the award for Best Actress!!! 

2. [+1360, -140] '1987' really left a deep impression when I watched it, I'm happy. Congratulations to director Jang Joon Hwan, actor Kim Yoon Seok, and all the rest of the actors and production crew!!

3. [+732, -20] They're too harsh on Jin Seo Yeon ㅋㅋㅋ All the questions were wrong ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The writer of the lines is frustrating ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+587, -62] 'Miss Baek' is a film you have to definitely watch, congratulations Han Ji Min-nim ❤️

5. [+636, -181] '1987' was the movie this year that resonated the most.. Congratulations on winning the Best Film award

• Thanks 3