Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

^it's her 2nd best actress award. She truly deserves it and i am so proud of her as a fan:wub:

@tok-soompi she is enjoying her time in london. She doesn't age since she is very young at heart. She is so beautiful too in her purple gown accepting the award. Good story, good acting is really rewarded:)

• Like 1

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/10/han-ji-min-awarded-best-actress-at-the-london-east-asia-film-festival

Han Ji Min awarded 'Best Actress' at the 'London East Asia Film Festival'

Han Ji Min

Han Ji Min is honored with an award at the 'London East Asia Film Festival.'

On October 26, 'London East Asia Film Festival' took place at Leicester Square in London, England. At the prestigious award ceremony, Han Ji Min is awarded the 'Best Actress' for the film 'Miss Baek'. 

Han Ji Min expressed sincere appreciation, stating, "Thank you for giving me such an honorable award. I'm happy just the fact that I could be here today for 'Miss Baek,' and I'm even happier to receive the special award."

She continued, "'Miss Baek' depicts a story relating to child abuse. No child should go through such unhappiness. I hope all children can enjoy the happy life they deserve."

Meanwhile, 'Miss Baek' has been praised by film experts as "the film that can communicate over language and culture."

han-ji-min_1540582130_hie.jpg
  • Like 2

Thanks to mistymorning for translating this article at LBH thread ~

October 15, 2018

Han Ji Min: Thirst for different roles, through movies. One reason, I chose it for one scene with Lee Byung Hun

Source: Naver

Just to appreciate Lee Byung Hun and Han Ji Min, this article is Han Ji Min talking about BH's acting. (this article is mainly for HJM and her movie Miss Baek)

0000435306_001_20181015071618425.jpg?type=w540

Her quote on BH and his acting.

"For example, I did the movie "Keys to the Heart" because I was curious about one scene where I was to act face to face Lee Byung Hun sunbae. I had different reasons for all the movies I did"

So the reporter had to ask actor Lee Byung Hun's acting. Her quote again: "During the movie 'The Age of Shadows', he was in for special cameo, not with me, but just him being there in person made (me?us) focused. We joked that "He got it all just as a special cameo". He seems to be natural born actor. He must be working hard, but to us, he seems to be laughing and chatting during the rest time, but he seems to be able to immerse himself right on shooting. Gong Yoo said he's going (for sightseeing in KR but not sure how to translate) to watch the scene where Lee Byung Hun sunbae and Song Gang Ho sunbae together. That tells you even the actors/actresses wanted to watch those scenes. There are also so many scenes where Lee Byung Hun sunbaenim saved with his ad libs in Keys to the Heart."

The movie Miss Baek is currently playing in Korean theaters. Reviews are wonderful and especially, actress Han Ji Min is well praised. It's considered indie movie? Her agency, BH Entertainment is on credit as co-production company, from the article I read. 

• Thanks 2

October 27, 2018

October Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

October Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from September 25 to October 26.

Actress Han Ji Min topped this month’s rankings with a brand reputation index of 9,076,346, enjoying an impressive 49.46 percent increase in her score since last month.

High-ranking phrases in Han Ji Min’s keyword analysis included “Miss Baek,” “Best Actress award,” and “London film festival.” Her highest-ranking related terms included “thankful,” “like,” and “enough.”

Actress Kim Tae Ri maintained her position at second place this month with a brand reputation index of 7,327,809, marking a 8.36 percent increase from her September score.

Actor Hyun Bin rose to third place in the rankings after seeing a 40.89 percent increase in his brand reputation index. His total score for October was 7,159,968.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Han Ji Min
2. Kim Tae Ri
3. Hyun Bin
4. Jang Dong Gun
5. Joo Ji Hoon
6. So Ji Sub
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Kim Dong Wook
9. Esom
10. Kim Young Kwang
11. Gong Yoo
12. Ma Dong Seok
13. Kim Da Mi
14. Jo In Sung
15. Jung Da Bin
16. Jo Woo Jin
17. Cha Tae Hyun
18. Yoo Ah In
19. Lee Je Hoon
20. Kim Eui Sung
21. Son Ye Jin
22. Lee Jong Suk
23. Jo Jin Woong
24. Park Ji Hyun
25. Nam Joo Hyuk
26. Song Seung Heon
27. Yoo Jae Myung
28. Song Ji Hyo
29. Jang Hyuk
30. Park Seo Joon

Movie-Star-Rankings.jpg
Source (1)

• Thanks 2

@tok-soompi i think some students from seoul womens university organized that to support their sunbae ji min. So sweet of them to support her and watch the film:wub:

Ji min is having the time of her life in london. She is so funny dancing in her ig posts lol. I guess that it is the reason why she does not aged. She is so young at heart. Good for her to have fun since she will be very busy again once she gets back to korea.

Today is her Q&A in LEAFF and we will see more pics and videos tomorrow:) Countdown to her birthday, only 9 days to go:wub:

• Like 1

@tok-soompi thank you chinggu. She has a great time in london and surely had some fun. It is nice so she can recharge before working non stop again. She is going back to korea today:wub:

i hope there will be articles confirming the cast of her upcoming drama dazzling. The dedicated thread is still locked. I think the cast should be confirmed first before we can post in the thread.

It is only 8 days before ji min's birthday. I think this is one of her happiest birthdays:wub:

Miss Baek cumulative movie attendance is almost 650,000 as of today. It is approaching it's break even point of 800,000. May it break even within this weekend:) Fighting!!!!

• Like 1

Nice article worth sharing:)

[SBS Star] Han Ji Min Speaks up About Child Abuse at 'London East Asia Film Festival 2018'

입력 2018.10.29 17:08

[SBS Star] Han Ji Min Speaks up About Child Abuse at 'London East Asia Film Festival 2018'
Actress Han Ji Min draw the attention of the public with a powerful speech.

On October 26 (local time), Han Ji Min won the Best Actress award at 'London East Asia Film Festival 2018' for her latest film 'Miss Baek'.
Han Ji MinWhen Han Ji Min went up to the stage to deliver her speech, everyone looked quite surprised since she not only looked absolutely stunning in her purple dress, but also, she prepared her speech in English.
Han Ji MinHan Ji Min said, "Thank you. As you all know, our film 'Miss Baek' addressed the issue of child abuse."

She added, "Under no circumstances, I believe that no child should go through these types of tragedy. I just hope that all the children around the world could live a happy life."

After her moving speech, the audience supported her with a big applause.

In the acclaimed film 'Miss Baek', Han Ji Min played the role of 'Baek Sang-a', a woman who became a convict in the process of protecting herself.
Han Ji MinAfter being abandoned by her mother, an alcoholic, and almost became the victim of sexual assault, 'Baek Sang-a' decided to alienate herself from the world and give herself a new name 'Miss Baek' to escape from her past.
Han Ji MinHowever, the minute she meets 'Kim Ji-eun', a little girl who reminds her of her young self and a victim of child abuse, she decides to fight back and braces herself to protect and save her from this cruel world.

Meanwhile, 'Miss Baek' attracted more than 640,000 moviegoers in a little over two weeks.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= 'roma.emo' 'bhent_official' Instagram, Little Big Pictures)

(SBS Star)   
  • Like 1

October 25, 2018

MISS BAEK to Compete at Tokyo IFF
YI Seung-jun’s CROSSING BEYOND also Invited to Japan

by Pierce Conran KoBiz // 31st Tokyo IFF 2018

ViDxgXXxnoRflSfYUHeG.jpg

Two Korean films will screen at this year’s Tokyo International Film Festival. LEE Ji-won’s new indie drama Miss Baek will compete in the ‘Asian Future’ section, while YI Seung-jun’s latest documentary Crossing Beyond will be featured in the ‘Special Program’.

Miss Baek, the debut work of LEE Ji-won, features The Age of Shadows (2016) actress HAN Ji-min as a hardened woman who takes a young girl who is the victim of domestic violence under her wing when she recognizes herself in her. The film opened in Korea on October 11 and has proven to be a major hit for a low-budget title, having amassed 287,000 viewers (USD 2.15 million) in just seven days.

The documentary Crossing Beyond is snapshot of a diverse group of athletes during this year’s Pyeongchang Winter Olympics in South Korea. The film is the third work by Director YI, who has drawn acclaim for his works Planet of Snail (2012) and Wind on the Moon (2016).

His previous works, which both premiered at the International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA), examined the lives and challenges of disabled people in South Korea. YI’s latest had its world premiere at the Busan International Film Festival in the ‘Wide Angle’ section earlier this month.

This year’s TIFF will take place from October 25 until November 3.

• Like 2

Another review of Miss Baek:)

Miss Baek review: The noir film explodes out of South Korea, with a riveting performance from Han Ji-min

November restos picture: Lotte Cinema METROGRAB

Miss Baek is a story of the women who break you, and the women who make you. Nestled in between all the different ways patriarchy acts on a woman, South Korea’s Miss Baek is the tentative, heart-warming story of a horribly abused child and her journey towards justice – with the help of a jaded masseuse.

Miss Baek is Lee Ji-won’s first feature and it’s already making waves both in its home country in South Korea and beyond. It received double the box office gross of A Star is Born during both films’ opening weekend on 11 October and ventured west in its European premier for the first time as a screening at the London East Asian Film Festival (LEAFF).

The noir feature begins with gritty detective Jang-sup (Lee Hi-joon) walking through Seoul’s freezing streets, pushing past police and red tape in a run-down set of flats where he finds the month-old decomposed remains of an old woman, which he soon learns is the mother of his girlfriend, Baek.

Loading video

Men are little more than caricatures, at best, and absentees at worst in a feature that boils down to the tale of two women and their struggle for the soul of a little girl. Baek, who works as a masseuse and washes cars constantly spurns the affections of her boyfriend, rejecting hundreds of proposals in a way that seems callous – until viewers learn that her mother abused her intensely throughout her childhood, and she fought off an attempted rapist in her teen years, only to be failed by the law when she needed it the most.

One night she comes across a bedraggled little girl called Ji-eun, (Kim Si-ah) whose body is filled with cuts and bruises, and after feeling bad and taking her to a food tent, she meets a seemingly well-meaning and warm stepmother, Mi-kyung (Kwon So-hyun).

November restos picture: Lotte Cinema METROGRAB
(Picture: Lotte Cinema) 

Viewers soon discover that Mi-kyung’s warmth is nothing more than an act, and behind her neat clothes and smiling face is a vicious woman who beats Ji-eun and forces her to reside in the bathroom with the air conditioner on, hoping to slowly kill her whilst her father (Baek Soo-jang), also an abuse victim, ignores it all and attempts to numb himself through an addiction to computer games.

Han Ji-min swaps her glitzy drama roles for the gritty anti-hero in a portrayal at odds with her usual, quirky characters. Her depiction of Baek is both quiet and loud, both calm and raging – a mesmerising presence on screen. It comes as little surprise that Ji-min won best actress award at LEAFF, as well as best actress for the role at the 38th Korean Association Film Critics Awards.

Han ji min's hard work and sincerity really pays off:wub:

• Like 3

I think han ji min is nominated for best actress as well as her co actor and director in the 39th Blue Dragon Awards. I don't want my hopes up but i really wish all of them will win. They truly deserve it for a female centered film. So excited:wub:

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 4:32 PM, feelbora said:

Why is it still locked?

@richelle I wasn't sure I could see any clear News.
But I'm glad it's official.
I'm excited about Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk.
I hope this drama will be the best job of Nam Joo Hyuk.
12 chapters are too little for me.
So I don't want to wait too long for Han Ji Min's next drama.
If possible, his should always have a new drama.
And she shouldn't let me miss her anymore.
I'il always be happy watching him. :wub:

On 10/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, richelle said:

i hope there will be articles confirming the cast of her upcoming drama dazzling. The dedicated thread is still locked. I think the cast should be confirmed first before we can post in the thread.

Hi guys!  I'm a fan of Son Ho Jun.  Thought you would be interested that there's an article about Han Ji Min's new drama and Son Ho Jun is one of the cast! :D  The English translation is not that good so I'm not sure if SHJ is confirmed or if he just got an offer.  Here's the link (hope somebody can translate):

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001067611

Glad I checked this thread and found out right away that the drama does have a thread already (although it is locked).  The synopsis posted seems interesting (it wasn't clear in the article translation).  I'm wondering what SHJ's role in it would be. :)  I find it kinda ironic that SHJ and HJM would be together in 1 show coming from a drama with a time-travel theme (Go Back Couple & Familiar Wife). :D

• Like 3

@kyutroguewelcome to the thread. I like Son ho jun in go back couple. It will be interesting that both shj and hjm acted in time travel dramas recently. The drama dazzling is pre produced so they are already shooting. I also have seen that 9 episodes are already ready. As per nei the drama will follow sky castle and scheduled fri-sat in jtbc:wub: 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, richelle said:

@kyutroguewelcome to the thread. I like Son ho jun in go back couple. It will be interesting that both shj and hjm acted in time travel dramas recently. The drama dazzling is pre produced so they are already shooting. I also have seen that 9 episodes are already ready. As per nei the drama will follow sky castle and scheduled fri-sat in jtbc:wub: 

I'm surprised they already have 9 episodes done when I haven't even heard of this show before (unlike other upcoming dramas which have articles or vids on YT).  They are doing pretty good keeping the show a secret. ;)  I hope the thread would be open so we could talk about it there. :)

Hmmm....is it possible that SHJ is only doing a cameo?  Since you say that Dazzling already had 9 episodes done and SHJ is still shooting for Terius Behind Me.  Unless he is shooting them at the same time?  I have seen a fancam of Hojun, but that clip never aired on Terius.

• Like 3