Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

September 27, 2018

Actress Kim Hye-soo kicks off ‘No Plastic’ challenge

Actress Kim Hye-soo kicked off the “No Plastic” challenge Thursday, a campaign against plastic use launched by SBS’ social media channel Videomug.

The veteran actress, who was chosen as the opening act of the campaign, appeared on SBS’ nighttime news program Tuesday and shared tips with viewers on how to reduce the use of plastic in everyday life.

20180926_1537945352_50032900_1.jpg
(SBS)

During the interview, Kim used a tumbler instead of a plastic cup when ordering a drink and discussed the issue of rising sea levels and excessive packaging.

Kim also singled out fellow actor and actress Jung Woo-sung and Han Ji-min to help promote the campaign with their celebrity status.

“I know (you two) are interested in this kind of issue. Since we have an opportunity, please join us,” Kim said to the camera.

Beginning with the first episode with Kim, Videomug will continue its “No Plastic” campaign with other celebrities.

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com) // OSEN // TV Report ++

• Like 3

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Ji min is so pretty at the press conference:wub:She has been getting prettier as she aged. i hope many will watch miss baek. The plot is a bit dark so crossing all my fingers and toes. May the reviews be good:D

Hoping ji min will have time to join the no plastic challenge:wub: With jws will be perfect.

• Like 2

September 28, 2018

‘Miss Baek’ puts the spotlight on child abuse

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

27202003.jpg

In director Lee Ji-won’s upcoming movie “Miss Baek,” actor Han Ji-min plays a social outcast who develops unconditional love for a girl who suffers from abuse. [LITTLE BIG PICTURES]

Child abuse is never an easy thing to see on screen. But the uneasy feeling one has while watching a movie usually fails to last long enough to push people to help those suffering from abuse. But the upcoming film, “Miss Baek” hopes to be a wake-up call.

Starring actor Han Ji-min, “Miss Baek” revolves around Sang-ah (Han), a social outcast who was abandoned by her abusive mother in her youth and became a convict after trying to protect herself from the son of a powerful businessman who attempts to rape her. Having gone through these experiences at such a young age makes her defensive, tough and, at times, reckless. 

After serving years in prison, she earns money by doing several small jobs, from cleaning cars to massaging women. The only person she interacts with is the detective Jang-sup (Lee Hee-jun), who always has Sang-ah’s back when she is in trouble. But Sang-ah refuses to open up, even to this man who shows her unconditional love. 

Things start to change when Sang-ah encounters a young girl named Ji-eun (Kim Si-ah), who is abused by her game-addicted father Il-gon (Baek Soo-jang) and his girlfriend Mi-gyeong (Kwon So-hyun). Seeing herself in the girl, Sang-ah opens up to Ji-eun. She feeds the girl, dresses her up and takes her to fun places like a theme park.

Gradually, Sang-ah starts to become protective of the vulnerable girl, to the point that she almost kills Mi-gyeong.

Inspired by actual events, the film, written and directed by Lee Ji-won, was born out of the director’s hope to discover more children suffering from child abuse.

“I didn’t pay attention to the issue of child abuse until I learned that a child in my neighborhood was going through that pain,” said the director at a press event held in central Seoul on Thursday. “I hope this film plays a helpful role in discovering more children who are currently undergoing similar pain somewhere”

In “Miss Baek,” Han plays a character that is a drastic change from what audiences are used to seeing from the actor. But showing these changes was not intentional at all. 

“[Sang-ah] is a character that diverges from the kinds of roles I have played in the past, both in terms of appearance and personality,” said Han during the press event. “The reason I decided to appear in this movie was not necessarily because I sought a challenge but because I realized that there could be many [child abuse] cases like Ji-eun’s that go unnoticed or paid little attention to.”

Han added, “There have been several dramas and movies that deal with a similar topic. Only when people are exposed to the issue will society gradually start to change.”

Rated 15 and above, the movie arrives at theaters on Oct. 11. 

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 4

From soompi. One of the many reasons why i just love her:wub: Thank you chinggus for the articles and videos.

Han Ji Min Explains Why She Chose To Star In A Film About Child Abuse

Sep 28, 2018
by S. Park

Han Ji Min spoke about her decision to appear in the upcoming film “Miss Baek.”

On September 27, the actress attended the press conference for “Miss Baek” at a movie theater in Yongsan. The film tells the story of a woman named Baek Sang Ah (played by Han Ji Min) who becomes a convict after trying to protect herself. She meets a child who is similar to her (played by Kim Si Ah), and she fights to protect the child from the cruel world.

About the difficult transformation she underwent to play the film’s lead role, Han Ji Min said, “It was a challenging opportunity to transform into a new kind of character, look, and personality from [the roles I’ve played] in the past. However, the reason why I chose [to appear in] ‘Miss Baek’ was not because of this transformation or the opportunity to take on a new challenge.

“It was because when I read the screenplay, I thought that the characters Sang Ah and Ji Eun [Kim Si Ah’s character] were people out there in the world whom I could have unknowingly passed by or ignored. I felt a strong urge to embrace Ji Eun, who was in that kind of [abusive] situation.”

She continued, “Whenever I came across stories about child abuse, which were heartbreaking to the point where they were difficult to bear, I found them hard to face. I chose this film thinking that if viewers saw [child abuse] through a movie, they would feel things differently, from a new perspective.”

Han Ji Min added, “It may be hard to watch a film about this topic, but I think that these kinds of films and dramas need to exist in order to raise people’s interest and contribute to a change in society.”

Miss-Baek.jpg

“Miss Baek” will be released on October 11.

• Like 3

Ji Sung did very well with great chemistry with Ji Min because of a loving wife at home.  Ji Min, when will you get a loving husband too?

Apart from really happy Ji Min did well for Familiar Wife, i am equally happy that Ji Sung did really well to have great chemistry with Ji Min even though he is married.  :wub:

• Like 3

@tok-soompi that is what i am most looking forward too. I hope one day i will wake up with a happy news that ji min is getting married:wub: She is of age already. But i think she is still enjoying being an actress. Her chemistry with ji sung is amazing considering he is already married. They just click.

I hope her new movie will do well. May the reviews be good. I am also looking forward to more news of her next drama:wub:

@minieme thank you chinggu. It was a breath of fresh air seeing an interview with english subtitles. I hope her movie will have an english subtitle too. I want to watch and see how ji min acted in this first movie of hers:)

• Like 3

@tok-soompi thank you chinggu as always. So many news and pictures but the translations does not help. I hope the movie is good. The theme might not be for everyone but i would be satisfied if the reviews on ji min's performance will be great. I also hope it will do good and many will be able to watch. Ji min has put her heart and soul in this movie. Fighting ji min:wub:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, richelle said:

@tok-soompi thank you chinggu as always. So many news and pictures but the translations does not help. I hope the movie is good. The theme might not be for everyone but i would be satisfied if the reviews on ji min's performance will be great. I also hope it will do good and many will be able to watch. Ji min has put her heart and soul in this movie. Fighting ji min:wub:

Yes @richellefor us international fans, we really need translations.  Hopeful to have subtitle for the movie as it is going to screen in uk film festival... but not sure how long more to wait internationally.

Agree that the movie might not be for everyone but is hopeful that it will win awards to heighten awareness and ji min performance is well reviewed.  Really happy when Shin Hyuk Joon said in Entertainment Weekly that he thinks Ji Min will win big award for this movie.

Celebrity in BH entertainment must be very close or its the personality of all of them are just brilliant that why they signed in the same management.. cos the bh girls seem really close... ji min and lee hee joon also seems really close too.  Cos they side track in their movie promotion talking about how lhj surprise ("force") all of them in bh to watch his self made film.  Haha!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

Yes @richellefor us international fans, we really need translations.  Hopeful to have subtitle for the movie as it is going to screen in uk film festival... but not sure how long more to wait internationally.

Agree that the movie might not be for everyone but is hopeful that it will win awards to heighten awareness and ji min performance is well reviewed.  Really happy when Shin Hyuk Joon said in Entertainment Weekly that he thinks Ji Min will win big award for this movie.

Celebrity in BH entertainment must be very close or its the personality of all of them are just brilliant that why they signed in the same management.. cos the bh girls seem really close... ji min and lee hee joon also seems really close too.  Cos they side track in their movie promotion talking about how lhj surprise ("force") all of them in bh to watch his self made film.  Haha!

I do hope too that the movie will be subtitled very soon so we can watch it. If it will be screened internationally we have some hope. This is her movie, one she can call her own so i really want to watch. Just a good review of her performance and ofcourse the story too is more than enough for me.

I agree that the stars under bh ent are close. And i like it that ji min is listed first in their chuseok holiday greetings. The premiere of the movie will be on the 5th, correct? I hope all the stars there and her friends will support her. If i am only in korea i will definitely watch but sad to say, i can only wish for its success:wub:

• Like 2