Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

Guest Jimin12

Just wanted to precise that Padam Padam's ratings aren't low for cable. Reminder that ratings on cable are really different from SBS, KBS, MBC because you have to pay for it, meaning not many people have it/watch cable (more nowadays, but Padam Padam aired in 2011 when channels like JTBC and TvN wasn't as successfull as today). 1% is considered as a success on cable, esp. back then. The show even broke 2% several times. It was also really well-received (unlike HaJiNa, sadly). Not many A-lister actors like Han Ji Min and Jung Woo Sung normally accept doing a cable drama, that's why this project was even more meaningful. The actors were driven by the acting/show and not money. Still think it's one of her best drama and performance.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

Hi Chingus,

Update of the box office for 4/17 (Fri)

Rank 1 -  Fast & Furious 7 (88,119)

Rank 2 -  Salut d'Amour (50,798)

Rank 3 -  Twenty (31,770)

(accumulated boxoffice till 4/17: 587,618)

날짜 스크린수 상영횟수 관객수 누적관객수 순위
개봉이전      38    122 18,185      18,185 N/A
개봉1일(04/09)    640 3,079 53,241      71,426   2
개봉2일(04/10)    653 3,215 58,577    130,003   3
개봉3일(04/11)    688 3,479 116,860    246,863   3
개봉4일(04/12)    670 3,343 110,841    357,704   2
개봉5일(04/13)    632 3,033 44,355    402,059   2
개봉6일(04/14)    649 3,061 50,148    452,207   2
개봉7일(04/15)    645 3,023 42,571    494,778   2
개봉8일(04/16)    582 2,717 42,042    536,820   2
개봉9일(04/17)    605 2,808 50,798    587,618   2

HJM, fighting!!   Salut d'Amour, fighting!

:)>- :)>- :x :x

Sorry for the lack of information. But in my own opinion, a rating as low as 2% is is still a little disgrace to the people behind may it cable or not. I have watch the drama 'till episode 2 only. Didn't find time to finish though or i just felt tired of watching heavy scenes or was it...? But the most highlighted part here is how an actor/ actress accept his/her downfall due to the lack of viewership. Again my views to Han Ji Min is broad. She's a survivor. And she'll always be. 
PEACE!
Note:I still have to ask cable operators if 2% is really good enough for a drama in cable. Just kidding! The information you've given are well-received though. :)

good saturday noon chinggus :x padam padam was one of the first cable offerings of JTBC back then. thats why the casting is awesome. i also believe it was well received back then since cable dramas are just starting. To hit 2% that time is already considered very successful. Actually now cable dramas are sharing some of the ratings from free to air channels. Ji min is so beautiful in padam padam, the cinematography is just awesome :x her performance there is one of her best too. I will always treasure that drama :x @meheaven try watching it. That drama is not just the typical drama now a days. JWS and ji min are also a good visual and acting couple:)

@forget-me-not123 thank you for posting the movie's daily box office. Its doing good and we still have this weekend. Korea is also affected by hollywood movies. I thought movies there are shown late since they need to add subtitles. here in the philippines we are always ahead in showing hollywood films, even ahead in the US because of piracy issues lol. I really hope it will reach 1M viewers :x enjoy your weekend chinggus:)

@richelle
Thanks a lot! I still have to wait for a courage to accept tearful scenes. I'm into light drama these days. Recently watch 'Plan Man',the scenes there are just hilarious.Really i'm too picky that sometimes being choosy is tiresome at times. 

meheaven said: Indeed, Hyde Jekyll Me evaluates how viewers viewed  the so-called "ARTS" in the filming industry. 
It is a project made not just to entertain individuals but to let everyone see the edge of the drama
Many people did not or does not understand the twist of the story or the story itself but it gave a strong impression to how people choose. To some it may be a dismay reaction. To a few it was just waste of time. But to those people who viewed the drama holistically it was a great 3 months of 'great adventure'.

meheaven said: ACTORS that interest me to work with Han Ji Min:

1. Jo In-sung. Another brilliant actor that I want to see in a small screen with Han Ji MIn. It would be interesting what kind of story these two will portray someday.
2. Lee Dong-wook. Funny, witty, smart man but has little confidence in himself. Putting together Han Ji Min and Lee Dong-wook in a picture is a time bomb. Any story will do for these artists.
3. So Ji Sub. An exciting pairing that gives comfort to the viewers. A sad ending story that will break everybody's heart is sure another HIT in the film industry.   

@iloveknovela
Yes it is! Dealing with different people everyday is a hard task. After watching Hyde Jekyll Me, it does help a lot in controlling myself on how to deal with each individual from different backgrounds. 
The show somehow touches everyone's delicate mind. It foresees how a person reacts to a very rare case. Though there were some rough roads along the way,  but it gave wisdom to some people like me.

So Ji Sub is a darling to many. With Han Ji Min in a movie or drama is ambiguous. But we really don't know, only time can tell.
Jo In-sung just popped into my head. I like his works though and he's brilliant actor. 
Lee Dong-wook and Han Ji MIn is really my much awaited pairing. Just can't tell why. Maybe they're just too cute in a crossover fan made video.

@iloveknovela hajina is 20 episodes not 16 as you posted. for me i hope ji min will be more careful in her next drama project. The writer and director is more important. I enjoyed hajina but i will be truthful that there are a lot of flaws in the story, the writer is very inexperienced. For her next leading man, so ji sub is a brilliant actor but i doubt they will be paired again. for me anyone is okay as long as a good actor :D