Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

Looking forward for more longer teasers this week for dazzling. And ji min will be attending the opening of NYAFF this Feb 1. I think she needs to go home after that for the promotions of her new drama. A lot of activities coming up. Exciting:D

• Like 2

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

When i thought Ji Min is going to have a good rest after Dazzling, she has surprised me again!!  

Credit to author

The Spring Night helmed by same director and writer of Something in the Rain.

Fun fact:

They work in the same film Salut d'Amour but in different timeline.

• Like 3

:wub:

Below extract from soompi:

Jo Jung Suk Has Nothing But Praise For Han Ji Min As He Talks About Their Close Friendship

Jan 29, 2019
by J. Lim

Jo Jung Suk opened up about his affections for Han Ji Min!

The two actors have been friends since working on the 2014 film “The Fatal Encounter.” Since then Han Ji Min has made a special appearance in Jo Jung Suk’s drama “Don’t Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate)” and Jo Jung Suk appeared in Han Ji Min’s “Familiar Wife.” In a recent interview, Jo Jung Suk praised Han Ji Min as someone he’s always grateful for.

He also proudly talked about Han Ji Min winning the Best Actress Award at various film awards ceremonies for her acting in “Miss Baek.” He stated, “I didn’t call her separately to congratulate her, but she’ll know how proud I am. When she started crying as she gave her acceptance speech, I tears up too. I have a lot of affection for her, and she’s a good person.”

Jo Jung Suk added, “I made a special guest appearance in her drama. Of course, I was first approached by the screenwriter, but I made my final decision because of Han Ji Min. I was also grateful to her for appearing in my drama too.” He stated, “But that doesn’t mean we have a give-and-take relationship, we just have a lot of affection for each other. She also sent a coffee truck to my film set, I’m always grateful to her.”

He continued to praise her as he said, “She’s such a good person. The first person I think of when someone says ‘kind person’ is always Han Ji Min. I think of her as a good friend.”

Jo Jung Suk’s upcoming film “Hit and Run” is set to be released on January 30.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Source from Soompi

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min Confirmed For Drama By “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Writer And PD

Jung Hae In And Han Ji Min Confirmed For Drama By “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Writer And PD

Jan 29, 2019
by D. Kim

Updated January 29 KST:

Han Ji Min and Jung Hae In will be uniting for a new drama!

It was reported on January 29 that Han Ji Min will be the female lead. In response to the reports, MBC confirmed, “Han Ji Min and Jung Hae In are confirmed to appear in ‘Spring Night’ (literal title).”

The drama is set to premiere in May via MBC.

Source (1)

Original Article:

Jung Hae In has selected his next project!

Earlier in the month, it was revealed that Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin are in talks to reunite for a new drama.

On January 29, it was confirmed that Jung Hae In has accepted the role for “Spring Night” (literal title). The drama is also his reunion with PD (producing director) Ahn Pan Seok and writer Kim Eun from “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

Jung Hae In will be taking on the role of pharmacist Yoo Ji Ho in “Spring Night.”

The actor commented, “I wanted to greet viewers quickly after ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.’ The director gave me a good offer, and after reading the script, I really wanted to do it. I think I will be able to show different emotional expressions in ‘Spring Night’ from the other characters I have played, so I wanted to take on the challenge.”

Jung Hae In recently completed filming for his upcoming movie “Yoo Yeol’s Music Album” (working title) and will now begin preparations for “Spring Night.”

• Like 3

Goodness gracious. I was only out for a day and another surprise. Han ji min has no plan to rest right? But i can't complain. I love most of the works of the director and i just hope this drama will not follow the footsteps of something in the rain which in my opinion has a good 1st half but falters in the second half. Exciting:wub: A drama after a drama and another. Bring it on:D

• Like 1

I found more Spring Night in Asianwiki:

A couple in their 30's has dated for a long time and they begin to talk about getting married. They look back at their relationship and realize their love newly.

Lee Jung-In (Han Ji-Min) is a woman in her 30's. She works as a librarian. Yoo Ji-Ho (Jung Hae-In) works as a pharmacist and he has a warm heart.

They are both in their 30s. It is interesting topic.

• Like 2

Han ji min want to do dramas back to back, it’s ok for me. However, what’s wrong with the genre?:crazy: Also the male lead, oh gosh! another younger guy??? now I’m complaining). When she chose to do “the light in your eyes”, I already knew she chose it cos of kim hye ja, and her good relation with the director and writer (and it’s a good thing that the genre it’s more focusing on everyday life/family). And this new one, kinda disappointed with her. I know, I know, she’s getting an offer for other than romance genre is still hard to believe. And it’s her choice. But I kinda have this feeling that it’s not completely her choice, but the agency has something to do with that.

Why can’t she wait for another right project to come?? :unsure:I remember she wanted a suspense piece of drama. I really hope she makes the right choice, even after hyde jekyll and me. So finger crossed this drama will not be another big downfall to her career.

you know what guys, right now I really do hope she just got married instead of getting another drama offer. :w00t:For her next, really hope she just strike back to do movies, even indie is a big ok.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Firstly i really have no complaints that i can get to see her active.  :D

Regarding the drama, i suspect is the character that attracts her to this new projects.  Cos they are very vague at the moment in details.  Aor maybe she also wanted to work with the writer and director? 

I felt this is another stronger female role that is why the male is younger.  Also the male actor mentioned different emotional feelings that attract him to the drama.  But from MBC makes me worry.  Haha! Cos recent trend, the big 3 are struggling most of the time.

We shall wait to find out... but i cant wait to see who sending her food trucks this time.  Haha!  Cos i enjoy lots of IG updates.  Also who will cameo in this drama this time?

• Like 1

Oh my, another award. Miss Baek has really made her into an actor. Can i hope that she will also do movies on the side:D indie or commercial film will do, i am sure she can choose well.

My thoughts on her new drama. Actually just reading about it yesterday, i was in for a shock too just like when she has chosen dazzling. I never thought she will choose another drama and yet her new drama is not yet shown, this is her third in row. She has chosen dazzling right before miss baek and familiar wife is shown so she has chosen it mainly because of the director and writer and to act beside kim hye ja who she adores so much based on the bts. She is not the lead here and even if njh is younger by more than a decade, her character and age in the drama is just the same as njh so this not a noona relationship. She was only made younger and as we can see, we can't even tell the age difference. I hope this will do well really as her previous drama has been received well. I think i am just greedy, just seeing ji min active as what @tok-soompisaid, i will be more than happy. We know that she takes longer breaks, waiting for 3 years for her to return in a drama is a lot of torture lol. And i know that she has already learned from hyde, jekyll and me, she is choosing her projects with meaty female characterization now. Spring night is first offered to son ye jin but just reading it, i am sure she will decline as her pairing with jhi is still fresh. And offering it to han ji min, i do believe it is an honor because of the previous works of the director. The writer, not so much since i admit, i got annoyed watching the 2nd half of something in the rain. But i have enjoyed SLA as one of the director's previous works. The director is known to tackle sensitive/relevant issues i believe and it think it is one of the reasons why ji min accepted. Ji min has 2 back to back romcom dramas so having a melo under this director i think is a variety and a good choice, keeping my fingers crossed on the story, please be good. Also, not sure about MBC(i have only watched very few dramas last year from MBC) but i just really wish it will do well so we can see her in the year end awards lol. As long as i can see ji min, i am good and happy. I trust her choices and i hope she will slay this drama again. I want her to do something like padam padam, i still treasure that drama:wub: And i do think this is the project, I hope it is a drama relatable to those in their 30s and still single since so many does not want to get married now lol. I think their age will be almost similar so this is not a noona story just like something in the rain. She strikes while the iron is hot and i just hope she is not too burned out. Looking forward to dazzling/the light in your eyes first:D Can i also wish for her hair to be longer in her new drama too? She is most beautiful in padam padam too:wub:

• Like 2

^thank goodness for the translation. I hope we will have no issues on the subtitle. Sometimes jtbc dramas are not subtitled quickly. 

Ji min might be on her flight to the US by now. Miss Baek has given her a lot of awards and recognitions which she truly deserves:wub:

• Like 2

January 31, 2019

Winners Of The 10th Film Award Of The Year

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Winners Of The 10th Film Award Of The Year

Outstanding films and actors were recognized at the 10th Film Award of the Year.

On January 30, the award ceremony took place at the Press Center in Seoul.

11 Bonsangs (main awards) and seven special awards were given out during the ceremony to films that were released from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018 as a result of votes from 64 companies and 90 reporters from the Korean Film Reporters Association.

This year’s Best Film award was given to director Yoon Jong Bin’s “The Spy Gone North.” The film was invited to the midnight screening of the 71st Cannes Film Festival and told the true story of the intelligence war between North and South Korea.

21st Century Fox Korea, the Korean distributor for “Bohemian Rhapsody,” received the Foreign Film Award and its CEO got up on the stage to thank viewers for their support. Joo Ji Hoon was named as the winner of the Best Supporting Actor award, but was unable to attend due to an overseas event.

Jin Seo Yeon, the winner of Best Supporting Actress, expressed her gratitude on stage. She said, “Thank you for giving lots of love to ‘Believer.’ It made me think that the world changed a lot. Boryung, who I portrayed, was a character you couldn’t see in Korean films in the past. I worried if the actress who portrayed this character would be able to appear in another film after this and I thought that I wouldn’t be able to work after this film ended. It was a very strong character, but I was so surprised and thankful that I received so much love from viewers.”

10th-Film-of-the-Year-Award-XPN.jpg

Best Actor Award recipient Lee Sung Min stated, “When I’m confident about a film, I also have confidence during interviews, and I felt confident when ‘The Spy Gone North’ was released. Thank you to those who made the film with me including director Yoon Jong Bin and actors Hwang Jung Min, Joo Ji Hoon, and Jo Jin Woong.”

Han Ji Min won the Best Actress Award and said, “I’m grateful that ‘Miss Baek’ could receive love amongst big films. I’ll become an actress who grows while showing good acting through good projects no matter the size of the film.”

Film Person of the Year went to director Kim Yong Hwa, who set a record for the highest number of moviegoers with “Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds” and “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days.” “My mind feels heavy because I’ve received this award for two consecutive years,” said the director. “Thank you to writer Joo Ho Min who gave me inspiration for directing.”

The Judge’s Award was selected by the judges of the Korean Film Reporters Association, and it was awarded to actress Kim Hye Soo who continues to challenge herself through various roles including her most recent film “Default.”

Ahn Sung Ki, who debuted in 1957 through the film “Twilight Train,” received the Special Lifetime Achievement Award. CJ Entertainment’s Department Head Yoo In Ho won Promoter of the Year and Kyunghyang Shinmun’s Kim Kyung Hak won Film Reporter of the Year.

Film Award of the Year was established by the Korean Film Reporters Association in February 2009 to evaluate the year of the Korean film industry and to cheer on people working on films in difficult environments. The Korean Film Reporters Association has 31 members including daily, news agencies, economic, film, sports, and online newspapers. Film reporters from companies belonging to the Korean Film Reporters Association cast votes to choose the winners. The committee has a transparent system of judging where the entire process, including the nominations and voting, is revealed on the website and security is maintained in order to prevent any external pressure.

Check out the full list of winners below:

Best Film: “The Spy Gone North”

Director of the Year: Director Lee Chang Dong (“Burning”)

Best Actress Award: Han Ji Min (“Miss Baek”)

Best Actor Award: Lee Sung Min (“The Spy Gone North”)

Best Supporting Actress: Jin Seo Yeon (“Believer”)

Best Supporting Actor: Joo Ji Hoon (“The Spy Gone North”)

New Actress Award: Kim Da Mi (“The Witch: Part 1. The Suberversion”)

New Actor Award: Nam Joo Hyuk (“The Great Battle”)

Discovery of the Year Award: Jeon Yeo Bin (“After My Death”)

Foreign Film Award: “Bohemian Rhapsody”

Indie Film Award: “After My Death”

Special Lifetime Achievement Award: Jung Ji Young and Ahn Sung Ki

100 Years of Korean Film Award: “Arirang,” “At Daybreak,” “In Search of Love” (literal title)

Film Person of the Year: director Kim Yong Hwa (“Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds”)

Judge’s Award: Kim Hye Soo

Promoter of the Year: CJ Entertainment’s Yoo In Ho

Film Reporter of the Year: Kyunghyang Shinmun’s Kim Kyung Hak

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Source (1) (2)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 3

Another great review of Miss Baek:wub:

Miss Baek (South Korea, 2018) [NYAFF Winter Showcase 2019]

Baek-Review.jpg?resize=640%2C360

Director Lee Ji-won’s first feature, Miss Baek, follows a child abuse survivor who comes out of the shadows to help an abused little girl. Women are at the center of this story about power, motherhood, and trauma.

Working a variety of low wage, low visibility jobs (washing cars, serving as a masseuse) Sang-ah Baek (Han Ji-min) lets her past define her, keeping her in the shadows and in a state of misery. But when she meets Ji-eun (Kim Si-ah), a 9-year-old girl whose stepmother Mi-kyung (Kwon So-hyun) and father (Baek Soo-jang) neglect and brutally abuse her, Sang-ah, a child abuse survivor herself, begins to open up to the world and to the idea that she could be a better person, if just a little bit

When Sang-ah’s detective boyfriend Jang-sup (Lee Hi-joon) finds her mother dead in her apartment, old memories resurface. Rejecting her boyfriend’s marriage proposals and struggling under the weight of childhood trauma, Sang-ah sees herself as someone incapable of loving or being loved. But everything changes when she meets Ji-eun–covered in bruises and wearing rags–and feeds her. The child’s stepmother comes for her, but Sang-ah doesn’t forget the telltale signs of abuse. She does everything she can to get Ji-eun out of this dangerous situation–as her desperation grows and her fury builds.

At home, Ji-eun’s stepmother Mi-kyung (Kwon So-hyun) treats her beloved Pomeranian with more care and concern than Ji-eun whom she resents. While Mi-kyung relentlessly beats her, her father’s involvement is almost more sinister, and he mostly turns a blind eye, spending all of his time playing video games in the dark, lit only by the glow of his computer. The movie brings the issue of child abuse to the fore without feeling like an after-school special.

Sang-ah spends more and more time with Ji-eun, trying to figure out how to protect her when the authorities (apart from Jang-sup) are unwilling to do so. The most beautiful scenes are the quietest ones, such as when Sang-ah shows Ji-eun her scars after the little girl hesitates to undress for a bath. She senses the girl’s anxiety and attempts to assuage it, even when it means exposing her own vulnerabilities. “We are the same,” she says.

Miss-B.jpg?resize=640%2C361

Over time, viewers get a deeper sense of Sang-ah’s past. As a high-school student, she fought back against a rape, attacking her attacker. But her rapist had a powerful father, and she had nobody, save for an alcoholic mother from whom she was estranged. So Sang-ah found herself in handcuffs instead of her rapist. Later, her mother avenged her daughter’s rape and went to prison herself.

Sang-ah’s past certainly weighs on her, but none more so than her legacy of childhood abuse. Her mother abused her, and then later abandoned her at an orphanage to save her from further abuse. So she asks herself, Can someone like me be a mother? This theme runs throughout the film, as Sang-ah tries to figure out how to help little Ji-eun – or even if she can help her. When Ji-eun’s father is eventually arrested for child abuse, he cries out to the police that they never helped him when he was beaten as a kid. Yet despite going through similar childhood hell, Sang-ah didn’t become an abuser.

The movie hurtles toward a climax that finally gives Sang-ah the opportunity to unleash her fury on Mi-kyung, and ultimately leaves few questions unanswered. Still, the ending is true to the characters and doesn’t feel saccharine.

Miss Baek gives the viewer a glimpse into how trauma has the power to destroy one’s life and perpetuate a vicious cycle, while also proving that it doesn’t always have to be this way. What you do despite your past is what defines you, not your past itself – something that “Miss Baek” demonstrates, surprising even herself.

Miss Baek is showing on February 1 as part of the New York Asian Film Festival Winter Showcase.

Credit to:

Information

This article was written By Alessandra Bautze on 30 Jan 2019, and is filed under Reviews.

• Like 1