Soompi Mac User Group

j79

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stoner beans

heyyy again.

for all you macbook users, aka all of you?, do you use a sleeve or a hard case?

i'm not sure whether to get one or the other. or both. @___@

i use a sleeve. its easier to use and a hard case makes it more bulkier

recenty, my bf dropped his new MacBook and the aluminum casing got dented multiple times and the hinge that opens the mac got scratched up making the screen a bit unaligned.

i felt so bad because he was so so so sad since apple care and its warranty doesnt cover it butttt....

we brought it to the store and the nice genius bar dude told us that they would send it back to the factory to get it replaced. so freaking lucky!!! it was such a relief because it was less than a month old and he already shipped it back once to fix a mysterious smudge on his screen. it came back in less than a week completely bran new!

make sure you back up your stuff before you make a visit to the genius bar though.

Guest trophy_wife

Hello fellow Mac users, may I ask how do you watch Korean channels live online since TVants is only for Windows? Any alternatives to TVants? I don't intend to run Windows on my Mac via Bootcamp or Parallels. Oh yes I've found this tutorial on how to install TVants on Mac (http://www.sammo.org/tvantsonmac/). Has anyone tried this successfully? Let me know, thanks!

Guest treehunny

Hello fellow Mac users, may I ask how do you watch Korean channels live online since TVants is only for Windows? Any alternatives to TVants? I don't intend to run Windows on my Mac via Bootcamp or Parallels. Oh yes I've found this tutorial on how to install TVants on Mac (http://www.sammo.org/tvantsonmac/). Has anyone tried this successfully? Let me know, thanks!

i'm trying to do the same thing! man the whole process to install the tvants on mac seems a bit overwhelming. -__-"

Guest h2obubbli

omg lol, im so stupid...... i put one of those smaller CDs in my cd drive but it didnt suck it in, the more i tried to get it out the further it went in =.= ...... is there any way i can get it out without visiting the 'apple store?? argh =.=

Guest trophy_wife

i'm trying to do the same thing! man the whole process to install the tvants on mac seems a bit overwhelming. -__-"

A little late here but I tried the tutorial and it works! Good luck with yours! =)

i dropped my brand new unibody macbook pro on the concrete (4ft off the ground)!! YAY FOR ME

It still works btw!

i dropped mine on hardwood floor and ended up with these lovely long scratches and one dent. i don't know how it could've gotten scratched so badly but it breaks my heart to look at it. i feel your pain!

Guest TrendSetter

I am changing the icons on my dock however i can't seem to change: finder, dashboard, system preferences and recycle bin. Anybody know how to change these? Thanks

imo i think hard cases make them look fugly. i use incase neoprene sleeve which is probably the most common one i see. its crazy soft inside so no scratches and its has a nice mesh to prevent outside damage

merry christmas!

i agree i really dont carry my mac around but if i do i use the sleeve.

Yes, you can burn CD's on the MacBook. You may need special software depending upon what you are trying to burn though. Audio CD's you can simply use iTunes or if you prefer other methods you can use something like Roxio Toast, etc.

i have the white macbook as well but do any of you know if the mac can burn dvd's? and if it can..... if i should use dvd -r/+r? and what software should i use to convert .avi to dvd format?

hey all I'm back again and I just wanted to know if there's a print screen option (or combo) to do print screen? Or if there's a program (wow I really hope not) oh btw i have the white macbook

Edit:

You can try a keyboard combination for doing a print screen. I assume you want to make a screen shot of something, yes? If so you can do Apple + shift + 3 or Apple + shift + 4 depending on how much of the screen you want to capture. You could also use grab under the application folder.

oooo thank you! I will try that! :-)

Guest MIS0HAPPY

how many people actually have applecare?

i didn't realize that you had to get it within the 1 year warranty,

so my laptop is left without any insurance or anything. :(

wondering if there are any other good laptop insurance

other than applecare that you guys have.

also, anyone experiencing bulging laptop batteries? D:

Guest Xarthan

also, anyone experiencing bulging laptop batteries? D:

TAKE THAT TO AN APPLE STORE ASAP!!!!

They will replace that even out of warranty. It's dangerous to continue to use.

Guest MIS0HAPPY

TAKE THAT TO AN APPLE STORE ASAP!!!!

They will replace that even out of warranty. It's dangerous to continue to use.

yessir! lol. i was going to take it in today

anyways. :) but wasn't sure if it had to be

under warranty or not! thanks for the heads up!

Archived