Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

KANNO MIHO, TANIHARA SHOSUKE, ITOH ATSUSHI, SHIDA MIRAI, SAKAI WAKANA

watashikyoukasho.jpg

* Title: わたしたちの教科書

* Title (romaji): Watashitachi no Kyokasho

* Format: Renzoku

* Episodes: ?

* Broadcast network: Fuji TV

* Broadcast period: 2007-Apr-12 to 2007-June-??

* Air time: Thursday 22:00-22:54

* Theme song: Water Me by Bonnie Pink

Synopsis

Kanno Miho stars as a lawyer, Tamako, who investigates the truth and the dark side of the school where various ulterior motives swirl when one of its junior high school student falls to death. Tanihara Shosuke also plays a lawyer who is Tamako's lover, while Ito Atsushi plays a teacher.

Cast

* Kanno Miho as Tsumiki Tamako (lawyer)

* Tanihara Shosuke as Seri Naoyuki (Tamako's boyfriend, lawyer)

* Itoh Atsushi as Kachi Kohei (substitute teacher)

* Shida Mirai as Aizawa Asuka (2nd year student)

* Sakai Wakana as Yoshikoshi Nozomi (English language teacher)

* Fubuki Jun as Amagi Masumi (vice principal)

* Ohkura Kouji as Toita Atsuhiko (physical education teacher)

* Sato Jiro as Kumazawa Shigeichi (Japanese language teacher)

* Mizushima Hiro as Yahata Daisuke (Math teacher)

* Maki Yoko as Oshiro Saki (social studies teacher)

* Maekawa Yasuyuki as Uda Masashi (Tamako's junior, lawyer)

* Igarashi Shunji as Amagi Otoya (vice principal's son)

* Tomiura Satoshi

* Tanimura Mitsuki

* Itoh Sairi

* Suzuki Kazumi

* Yanigata Erika

* Yamamoto Hikaru

Guest jade_frost

An accident occurs in a junior high school classroom. A student has fallen down. Pressed for a response, the teachers run about in a state of confusion. Was it an accident? An attempted suicide? A single lawyer appears at this school that has been embroiled in various troubles.

Classroom chaos, bullying, truancy, teachers who possess inadequate leadership qualities, etc. It has been pointed out that this variety of problems are present in schools today. However, it isn't easy to find solutions to the problems. Time and again, teachers try, fail and despair. While portraying the range of problems that plague schools, Watashitachi no Kyokasho at the same time depicts the dual nature of a person's heart - the bright and the dark - and shows that because anyone can shed light on the "gravity" of falling down, this isn't merely a school issue but also puts the spotlight on the way humans are.

Guest crazyMuka

So is anyone watching this? I just finished the first episode and loved it. The mood is dark, grim and quite depressing, but I believe the drama depicts the problems in a realistic manner. Background music is quite spare, but the way things are filmed, you can really feel the subtle intensity. Obviously, these are not just typical school issues, these are problems that anyone living in this generation might face. I really hope to see more of this, the first ep really set the tone and put a lot of questions on my mind. This might be one of the best dramas for this season. I'd highly recommend it, even when I only saw the 1st ep, but it has a lot of potentials to become a great drama.

Guest jade_frost

Character profiles:

Tsumiki Tamako (Kanno Miho) is a lawyer with Kuraisa law firm. Tamako’s considerably pragmatic, shrewd as a lawyer, and also strongly career-minded. She’s romantically involved with Seri Naoyuki, lawyer and successor of Kuraisa law firm.

Kaji Kohei (Ito Atsushi) is assigned to substitute a teacher who had taken leave of absence due to a sudden bout of illness. He is put in charge of Year 2 Class 3. As a teacher, he has ideals and wishes but those ideals consequently hit against the wall of reality.

Seri Naoyuki (Tanihara Shosuke) is a lawyer at Kuraisa law firm, and his future is promised as the successor of the firm. He grew up in privileged surroundings, and has an air of reliability. He is romantically involved with Tamako and they now live together.

Aizawa Asuka (Shida Mirai) is a student from Year 2 Class 3. She doesn’t have parents and lives at an orphanage. In school, she is treated somewhat like an oddball.

Amagi Masumi (Fubuki Jun) is the vice-principal of the secondary school. She wields absolute authority in order to maintain the fabric of the school.

Guest jade_frost

So is anyone watching this? I just finished the first episode and loved it. The mood is dark, grim and quite depressing, but I believe the drama depicts the problems in a realistic manner. Background music is quite spare, but the way things are filmed, you can really feel the subtle intensity. Obviously, these are not just typical school issues, these are problems that anyone living in this generation might face. I really hope to see more of this, the first ep really set the tone and put a lot of questions on my mind. This might be one of the best dramas for this season. I'd highly recommend it, even when I only saw the 1st ep, but it has a lot of potentials to become a great drama.

I wholeheartedly agree. I just watched the first episode last night and I think that between the two classroom dramas (Seito Shokun being the other) this season, Watashitachi no Kyokasho will be the better one and even one of the best in a season full of idol dramas, sequels and adaptations although it's still too early to tell whether it will live up to its potential. It's intense, gritty and gloomy. Watching the drama, I was wondering which was the real Aizawa, the sweet, precocious, intelligent girl talking to Kaji sensei or the girl prone to bizarre behaviour and emotional outbursts as described by her classmates and caregiver. Nothing seems to be what it seems. Almost every character hides a troubled/darker side, including the protagonist Tamako. Will she forever be guilt-ridden for her coldheartedness and detachment? Is she really who she claims to be?

Episode 2 airs tonight! :)

Guest jade_frost

Kanno Miho is such a versatile actress. In Watashitachi no Kyokasho she comes across as brusque, uncaring and somewhat cold whereas she was such a vulnerable woman craving for love and attention in Ai no Uta. It's a pity she isn't as wildly popular as other less deserving actresses.

I'm really interested to know how the plot will develop.

Guest crazyMuka

Kanno Miho is one of my favorite J-actresses. The dramas she acted in so far have not disappointed me, and this drama is no exception. In between exams and final projects I finally found the time to sit down and watch the 2nd episode. It was just amazing. If the 1st episode went wild and presented us with many shocking twists, the 2nd episode went personal and fleshed out the characters. The little flashbacks between little Aizawa and Tamako sent me bawling. Until now, it is still hard for me to accept the fact that Aizawa has really died. Aizawa only appeared in the 1st episode but I got so very attached to her character. She was given enough screen time to become really alive and to make the audience care. Another thing is that her death was implied so it's sort of surreal to think she's really dead. What's really refreshing about this drama is that it focuses more on the adults. It's a school drama with very little scenes in the classroom.

I'm glad this drama is going strong. Looks like new characters will be introduced next episode. I can't wait until then.

Btw, I love love the theme song by Bonnie Pink. Background music is good as well, but they reminded me so much of the bg music in 14 sai no haha.

Guest Maia-chan

This one is really in the same vein as 14-sai no Haha and Jyoou no Kyoushitsu. I hope it will continue to surprise viewers the way these 2 dramas had done.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jade_frost

From WM Penn at Yomiuri Daily

Watashitachi no Kyokasho is yet another drama focusing on the nation's education problems. It is enough to make one jump up and shout: Forget all the TV series. Somebody start solving the problems!

But the premise of this series is just that; there is no one to solve the problems. The teaching staff are a befuddled lot felled by the system themselves, unable to do more than climb the mountain of paperwork and keep track of the chalk in their dingy classrooms. One teacher moonlights as a bar hostess, the others look disturbed and disillusioned.

Some of the students look even more sinister, including a girl with a split personality who writes horror manga and calls herself Poe.

The problem with such dramas is that they tend to play on all the familiar stereotypes and present things as even bleaker than they are, confirming people's hopelessness and killing off the belief in and enthusiasm for change.

The story starts with orphan Asuka (Mirai Shida) asking the new short-term substitute teacher (Atsushi Ito) whether it is possible to change a world so full of war, suffering, hunger and poverty. He is stumped for an answer and later told by other staffers to tell her "yes" even though they all cynically believe the answer is no.

Asuka's concern for the world comes from the fact she is being bullied herself although we don't find this out until after she ends up falling to her death from a classroom window. Is it an accident, suicide or murder?

Miho Kanno plays an intense, gloomy, chain-smoking young lawyer with secrets of her own who suspects foul play in Asuka's death and just may be able to teach them all that fighting for what's right can change things.

Three stars for the drama itself but beware: It is buried in a very dark and cloudy sky.

April 21, 2007

Guest fashionistaa

i've seen her in previous dramas before. but i don't know the titles or which dramas she acted in. but i like her. and i didn't even know her name haha! i just got to know it now. i thought she is popular in japan haha! i'm gonna watch this soon.

• 1 year later...
Guest nikkipicky

i'm just starting to watch this. partially because i want to see shida mirai in another show besides 14sai no haha. but the story kind of captivated me. i'm curious as to what's going to happen.

and i realize that this isn't very popular or anything =[ 11 posts for this thread =\ now 12 if you count the first, topic-starting one.

Archived