Auditioning In General

Guest love=music=life

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I have another question.

I have a camera (yes it takes video) but the size of it is SO SMALL.

Do you think it's better if I sing on the video (because its so small that like i dont want them to squint to see me)

or just record my voice, take pictures?

^

if the video quality really is that bad, you should better take photos and just record your voice. how about lending (edit: oops i meant borrowing) a camera? there´s also webcams with reasonably good quality, which cost about 10-30$. you might consider one of them ^^

Guest chemical9

Ah I have another question.

I have a camera (yes it takes video) but the size of it is SO SMALL.

Do you think it's better if I sing on the video (because its so small that like i dont want them to squint to see me)

or just record my voice, take pictures?

Maybe you can send the video, but inform them that its small.

But no matter what, you'll still have to send pictures.

What chiyo suggested is good too.

Maybe you can borrow one. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

would knowing multiple languages be an advantage when you are auditiong?

Lik lets say that you are a a litte over average singer with little training, and solid dancer, and knows Engilsh, Korean, Japanese. Would that give you and edge over lets say a good singer.

Would it give an advantage at all?

Guest love=music=life

Lik lets say that you are a a litte over average singer with little training, and solid dancer, and knows Engilsh, Korean, Japanese. Would that give you and edge over lets say a good singer.

In my opinion, I think it would be an advantage since a lot of companies now are looking beyond korea and are hoping to expand to other countries...

But I'm not sure which one they would pick if it came down to

Multilingual over average singer vs. the good singer...

Guest Lu.cile

i have a question.

for the pictures, how can they know if it's photoshopped or cellphone's photos ?

and it's okay, if i put 4 pictures in 1 ?

Guest chemical9

I think it would be an advantage to speak more languages, but we can't say that the multilingual person will have a higher chance of getting in or anything like that. :] It depends on what the company you're auditioning for is looking for at that time.

i have a question.

for the pictures, how can they know if it's photoshopped or cellphone's photos ?

and it's okay, if i put 4 pictures in 1 ?

I don't think its a good idea. They already said they don't want edited pictures. :]

If you're sending it, then maybe you can send all four? Like separately, not all in one.

If you're auditioning live, then I don't think the picture is that important because they'll see you in person anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest xxjaneyxx

Hi everyone~ =D

firstly i js wanna thank all of you guys for posting info and experiences here - i really hope they keeeeeep coming because it`s soso useful and fun to read about X]

i had no idea this kinda "audition" sub-forum even existed .. ^__^;

hehe anyways i have one major Q ::

it seems like a lot of the companies require a "korean resident number" .. so that means you cannot apply if you live outside of korea?? or am i really blind and can't see an alternate way like via email or something??? X__X;;;; please help T__T;;

btw i live in Sydney, Australia and am Korean =]

and if anyone has ever auditioned could you please describe your experiences?? =D

personally i have never auditioned .. nor do i know anything about auditioning or singing/dancing WELL .. ><;;; but .. i would like to try out one day because i`m already 18 LoL and i heard that the younger the better?

anyway thanks again guys, and best of luck for whatever you`re striving for ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chemical9

Hi everyone~ =D

firstly i js wanna thank all of you guys for posting info and experiences here - i really hope they keeeeeep coming because it`s soso useful and fun to read about X]

i had no idea this kinda "audition" sub-forum even existed .. ^__^;

hehe anyways i have one major Q ::

it seems like a lot of the companies require a "korean resident number" .. so that means you cannot apply if you live outside of korea?? or am i really blind and can't see an alternate way like via email or something??? X__X;;;; please help T__T;;

btw i live in Sydney, Australia and am Korean =]

and if anyone has ever auditioned could you please describe your experiences?? =D

personally i have never auditioned .. nor do i know anything about auditioning or singing/dancing WELL .. ><;;; but .. i would like to try out one day because i`m already 18 LoL and i heard that the younger the better?

anyway thanks again guys, and best of luck for whatever you`re striving for ;D

Nope. You can audition even if you live out of Korea.

If you don't have the Resident number then I guess you skip that part? Lol.

!8 is NOT old by the way :]

about the pictures... isit just the face or your whole body?

it's up to you ^^ but it's better to send both imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JWonNie

I love you!!!!!!!

Thank you for everything :]

Shows the world that there's a lot more companies than SM, YG, Bros, etc...

I'll check back here often!!

Thank you again :]

-jae1

Guest keyboarding

wow great!! but do you know if they take in foreigners from singapore and cant speak korean but can speak japanese? must u be chinese?

Guest x3DOLPHiN

I have a question [:

- OPTIONAL video of your specialty (include as a file)

file, meaning like Megaupload ? or a Youtube link?

&& when your filming yourself. Should it be showing

full body or just face down to the shoulders?

& if you sing, or act. Should they look at the camera

at all times. ?

Please answer :]]

• 1 month later...
Guest energeticfreakx

thank you so much!~

this thread is absolutely amazing!

*bookmarks immediately!*

thank you so much again!

you're a great help! :]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived