Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love=music=life

Auditioning In General

Tips for Auditioning in General

(In no particular order)

4. Know about the company you are auditioning for (i.e., their style of music, who their artists are, etc.)

9. Posture! Don't slouch in your videos!

10. Avoid singing songs with long instrumentals

Thanks for all the info.

But i have a coulpe questions for the ones that I quoted.

For #4, could you tell me what knid of style the M Rising company is?

For #9, what would you have to take a video of? Your dancing of course. but also singing?

For #10, I don't get what you mean by long instrumentals. Could you please explain that a little more?

Also according to LAMCA you need to be fluent in Korean for some entertainments. Is that True for M Rising?

Could someone answer my questions?

Since this is an auditioning in general thread, can someone share an auditioning experience in detail?

I never auditioned before and I would like to soon.

I guess I'll share an audition experience...

Good Entertainment(Shinhwa, Battle,Eddie..etc)-This was a few years back in LA, but no one really knew about it ;)

There were A LOT of non-koreans, which was pretty cool to see, as a Korean. Anyways, this was my very first audition so I was really nervous. It was also...one by one(Thats how its usually done..except SM) So they called my name, not number -_- and I went in. I was really nervous. They told me to do a short introduction of myself, so I did. Then I started to do my monologue. Honestly I think I sucked cus I had to coldread it, meaning I had to look back at my paper(yeah i was NOT ready). Anyways, to my surprise, after I was done, they smiled and asked me to sing a verse of a Korean song. So I sang for like a minute. Then they were talking amongst themselves(There were three judges;all men;) Then they asked me to pull my bangs up...so I did. Then they asked me random questions..like "How much do you weigh..." Whats your height. When did you come to America..etc. Then finally, they asked me to come forward and look at the camera(this one wasnt a video camera..it was one of those big cameras) and told me to smile and pose? So I did and I smiled liek :blush: so embarassing. And finally, they said thank you. Did I make it? Psh no. They later told me they were actually looking for teenage guys(I'm guessing it was for Battle Shinhwa)..cus Chris from Battle, I saw him at the audition.and I guess he made it.

I'm planning to audition for Good again, cuz they were really nice..all of them, and I had a good experience with them. Wish me luck guys~

Good Entertainment(Shinhwa, Battle,Eddie..etc)-This was a few years back in LA, but no one really knew about it ;)

There were A LOT of non-koreans, which was pretty cool to see, as a Korean. Anyways, this was my very first audition so I was really nervous. It was also...one by one(Thats how its usually done..except SM) So they called my name, not number -_- and I went in. I was really nervous. They told me to do a short introduction of myself, so I did. Then I started to do my monologue. Honestly I think I sucked cus I had to coldread it, meaning I had to look back at my paper(yeah i was NOT ready). Anyways, to my surprise, after I was done, they smiled and asked me to sing a verse of a Korean song. So I sang for like a minute. Then they were talking amongst themselves(There were three judges;all men;) Then they asked me to pull my bangs up...so I did. Then they asked me random questions..like "How much do you weigh..." Whats your height. When did you come to America..etc. Then finally, they asked me to come forward and look at the camera(this one wasnt a video camera..it was one of those big cameras) and told me to smile and pose? So I did and I smiled liek :blush: so embarassing. And finally, they said thank you. Did I make it? Psh no. They later told me they were actually looking for teenage guys(I'm guessing it was for Battle Shinhwa)..cus Chris from Battle, I saw him at the audition.and I guess he made it.

I'm planning to audition for Good again, cuz they were really nice..all of them, and I had a good experience with them. Wish me luck guys~

o !! wow! that's crazy!!!

well good luck to you!!! woo hooo!!!

I hope you make it this time ^^

I will wish you a luck!!!

but

when are you planning to audition again?

Thanks soooooo much for sharing, but i have a few questions.

So in most companies you audition one by one.

What do you do with a monologue?

They didn't make you dance?

^ I act out the monologue cus i was auditioning for acting. and nope they didnt make me dance cuz I said I didnt have a cd...and they didnt have one either..since you were supposed to bring one yourself. But most of the other companies make you dance if they want to see more of you...like JYP made me dance(to a random song they turned on) and sing O.o when i auditioned for JUST acting. but for example, like everyone knows...sm MAKES you do the 30 second freestyle dance thing.^ I act out the monologue cus i was auditioning for acting. and nope they didnt make me dance cuz I said I didnt have a cd...and they didnt have one either..since you were supposed to bring one yourself. But most of the other companies make you dance if they want to see more of you...like JYP made me dance(to a random song they turned on) and sing O.o when i auditioned for JUST acting. but for example, like everyone knows...sm MAKES you do the 30 second freestyle dance thing so its better if you just prepare a dance before you go.

When you send an email audition, how many songs should you send of yourself singing?

And do you have to send the exact form that they give or can you just answer all the required fields? Because i have this form that i can only open and not edit.

Thanks for all the info.

But i have a coulpe questions for the ones that I quoted.

For #4, could you tell me what knid of style the M Rising company is?

For #9, what would you have to take a video of? Your dancing of course. but also singing?

For #10, I don't get what you mean by long instrumentals. Could you please explain that a little more?

Also according to LAMCA you need to be fluent in Korean for some entertainments. Is that True for M Rising?

Sorry I havn't been checking this thread for a while because I thought it died -___-

anyways...

1... I don't know anything about the M Rising company.. I would just look at the artists they currently have and their music styles.

2. I think that submitting a video of your singing would be beneficial since it could show how you present yourself while singing... For instance, emotional facial expressions or hand gestures. or if you just stand perfectly still and sing....

3. By long instrumentals I mean long intrumental sections at the beginning or middle of the songs because they could get bored before even hearing you sing.

thank you love=music=life

i have one more question please.

I ve been wondering about this for a while.

ive seen in some places that said that some companies like JYP responds in 2wks. Is that true?

Where is JI/IN Company where Bada works for it now?Another question, what will I put on the subject If I'm auditioning to SM ENTERTAINMENT via email?

if you are emailing your audition application and clips to SM,

just write "audition applicant" in the title =)

thank you love=music=lifei have one more question please.I ve been wondering about this for a while.ive seen in some places that said that some companies like JYP responds in 2wks. Is that true?
I'm not quite sure.I've never actually sent in an application to any of the companies...I'm just an another one of many aspiring auditioners :P
i have a question.how do you record using a mic on your computer??
For that information I would go here:Soompi Q&A Thread Regarding Singing Tips & Recording

can anybody translate the WOOLLIM audition application for microsoft word? also for it to work on word.

and the original would be nice too thnks.

can anybody translate the WOOLLIM audition application for microsoft word? also for it to work on word.

and the original would be nice too thnks.

Do you want it translated to english? Then you should go to General Discussion and then to the Korean Help section and ask them to translate it for you to english.

here's the link to it http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10866

I had the same problem with the hwp. file. I don't think you could open it with Word. You need a hangul viewer but then you can't edit the document. Here is the link to the hangul viewer http://www.haansoft.com/hnc5_0/haansoft_en...ce2007_info.php On the left side of the page you will see an icon that says hangul viewer on it. Click that and then download it for the viewer.

And it would be nice love=music=life if you could update with some fresh info please?

thnks alot m&ms. all i needed was teh hangul viewer, i can read korean :)thnks alot m&ms. all i needed was teh hangul viewer, i can read korean :)

oh and also, for all those ent companies on the very first post, can ppl in america audition for them? we are overseas, so does that matteR?

And it would be nice love=music=life if you could update with some fresh info please?

Sorry, it's just that I don't know where to go to find more info.

I just get all the info that I have from their websites.

Maybe I'll start email the companies asking them for more details on auditioning?

Not sure if they will reply though...