Auditioning In General

Guest love=music=life

Guest Yeonjoo

is it true that if u audition for one company, theres a period of time where u cant audition anywhere else? and if it is true, how long do u have to wait? bcus i wanna audition for as many entertainments as i can (live auditions), but im only staying in korea for a month in the summer..

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aznboy2194

imagine you guys send it to the wrong address and give it to some online predator and he knows what your trying to do (trying to get in YG)

and, being the online predator he is, gets you down and acts like a YG staff member and invites you outside to a park or something to discuss your "future" and the guy takes you home instead cuz its to cold to talk outside in the park or its to hot.

and you follow the "yg" staff mem to his "hq" and your like, "wow a yg staff living in a dump like this?" then you soon realize your in the wrong place

but its to late and he rapes you then yeah...

-back on topic :P-

if there gunna have an auditon in canada, then your one lucky hell of a canadian. YG never put auditions in NY before, so why start with CANADA? MM? HATERS! HATERS HATERS! COME TO NY! GIVE LITO BOY HERE A CHANCE X.X!!

but i doubt there gunna be there, cuz i wanna drop your hopes

Here's what you can do.

You can go do a live audition for the company you want to get into.

Go to your first choice.

The one you want to get in more badly than the other ones.

And if they say that you can't audition for another company or w/e

Least you got to audition for your first choice right?

You can gain experience and get the feel of what a live audition is so you can do better next time.

FIGHTING!!!

Guest aiko_da luv child

I have a few questions (they're kinda dumb but I just really need to know before I

actually consider sending in an audition)

1. Can I audition more than once for SM or JYP? I know you can for YG but I want to

audition for SM too.

2. If I try out for SM (JYP and YG included) can I train in the US until I finish high school?

I heard that if you leave in the US you could be trained here but I just wanna make sure.

3. Will auditioning in a group jeopardize my chances of making it? A group of friends and

myself have made a singing group. I don't really know why but I geuss it's just because

we all share the same interest in becoming kpop singers. But not everyone in the group

is up to par. So would audition as a group jeopardize my chances of making it.

On another note:

If you were in a group with some friends (of many ethnicities, believe me), 2 non-asians

(white and indian) and a half asian, you being black, and you all audition together would

the half asian have more of a chance (ok that sounds really mean but I can't really

type really type out what i mean so bear with me guys)? I've asked this before in another

thread I think but I really want to know. The thing I hate most about being is a group is

if we don't all make it together.

Guest dancingbymyself

I have a few questions (they're kinda dumb but I just really need to know before I

actually consider sending in an audition)

1. Can I audition more than once for SM or JYP? I know you can for YG but I want to

audition for SM too.

2. If I try out for SM (JYP and YG included) can I train in the US until I finish high school?

I heard that if you leave in the US you could be trained here but I just wanna make sure.

3. Will auditioning in a group jeopardize my chances of making it? A group of friends and

myself have made a singing group. I don't really know why but I geuss it's just because

we all share the same interest in becoming kpop singers. But not everyone in the group

is up to par. So would audition as a group jeopardize my chances of making it.

On another note:

If you were in a group with some friends (of many ethnicities, believe me), 2 non-asians

(white and indian) and a half asian, you being black, and you all audition together would

the half asian have more of a chance (ok that sounds really mean but I can't really

type really type out what i mean so bear with me guys)? I've asked this before in another

thread I think but I really want to know. The thing I hate most about being is a group is

if we don't all make it together.

1. Yes, you can audition as many times as you want.

2. They might let you finish out the year, but you're not going to be able to like start a new year or anything.

3. Not really unless it's all harmonies that sound terrible and they can't hear your individual vocals.

4. The half asian has a little bit (very VERY small) higher chance of getting picked over you. half asians tend to fail in the k-entertainment world, so not alot of Ent companies want to take that chance Not everyone can be Daniel Henney. As for the rest of you, i'd save your breath and not even audition.

Guest Leni1430265175

thanks for all the info... do you have any on F&C entertainment.. its the company that F.T. Island, SG Wannabe, and Younha are under.. sorry i dont know their website or anything.. if you have any info can you post it up pleasE? thanks ^^

Guest bbSooyoung

Thanks for posting this up, but I have a question:

"14) Don't ask the "judges" when call backs are or if you are going to be called back."

8D;;;; After your audition, how would you know if you made it or not? Will they tell you right after you audition or something?

Thanks~

Guest angel_cutie

which company do you guys think would accet ballad singers/(+idol)??

i know JYP has Joo...lol im more of a ballad singer so im asking.

(after ballad woul be k+j pop ect ect)

Guest ignoreme

which company do you guys think would accet ballad singers/(+idol)??

i know JYP has Joo...lol im more of a ballad singer so im asking.

(after ballad woul be k+j pop ect ect)

same here! well since SM doesn't have artist with permanent genres so SM might be the choice, DSP and probably new entertainments which don't have much artist/trianees so if you have enough talent then they would probably choose u no matter what type of singer your like

Thanks for posting this up, but I have a question:

"14) Don't ask the "judges" when call backs are or if you are going to be called back."

8D;;;; After your audition, how would you know if you made it or not? Will they tell you right after you audition or something?

Thanks~

as long as i know they will contact you after some days/weeks/months cos they'll know your adress and contact number since its gonna be in the application form

My Question

I live in England currently and i was wondering if any entertainment would still accept people as a trainee even if they live far from S.Korea....cos brother ent can do nothing for the people who live in england even if they have so much talent and passion duno the reasons y

Guest angel_cutie

^ hm... well this girl acidently added me on facebook and i asked her if she was korean and ectect^^

she told me that she auditioned for sm somewhere and they wanted her to audition in person or something and that they would come to where she was but she had to move to the U so she couldnt^^

on their website,it saids(and i quote xDD) "if your application is successfull,we will contact you,and an individual audition can be organized.the audition can be organized here(as in korea) or in foreign countries"

so yah.england isnt that far from korea!! i live waay more farther from korea xDDthe west-st(not a word)place in canada and they managed. cuz that was one of the placs they went to for the global audition thingy

Guest ignoreme

^ hm... well this girl acidently added me on facebook and i asked her if she was korean and ectect^^

she told me that she auditioned for sm somewhere and they wanted her to audition in person or something and that they would come to where she was but she had to move to the U so she couldnt^^

on their website,it saids(and i quote xDD) "if your application is successfull,we will contact you,and an individual audition can be organized.the audition can be organized here(as in korea) or in foreign countries"

so yah.england isnt that far from korea!! i live waay more farther from korea xDDthe west-st(not a word)place in canada and they managed. cuz that was one of the placs they went to for the global audition thingy

what about other entertainment such as JYP, YG, Jtune and others?

thanx!!!!

Guest angel_cutie

^sorry im so lazy to wait(cuz it takes a few seconds to load when i press reply xDD

im not sure..but i dont think they are as willing as sm. i think they will ask you to go to them and audition ^^"

there's also brother's ent. in the US..i think you can train there.

Guest Babii3x

got few questions herre =P

1) so, we need to send in photos of ourselves but wot kinda pose ? LOL like smile or just a normal passport sort of photo so they can look at ur features or something ??

2) does anyone no any good softwares or ways on how to record HQ videos of urself singing or dancing ??

3) does anyone here who dont no how to tell their parents that u want to be a singer in korea because u no the way they're gonna react ??

please reply or PM :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superstar`kiss

got few questions herre =P

1) so, we need to send in photos of ourselves but wot kinda pose ? LOL like smile or just a normal passport sort of photo so they can look at ur features or something ??

2) does anyone no any good softwares or ways on how to record HQ videos of urself singing or dancing ??

3) does anyone here who dont no how to tell their parents that u want to be a singer in korea because u no the way they're gonna react ??

please reply or PM :)

1.) I think a decent photo is all that they require. One that you think you look good in--and hopefully they'll agree with you too. Just not like, and OVERLY photoshopped picture.

2.)I haven't recorded myself yet, but I was just going to use my camera--which after that I can clear it up and edit it.

3.) Ahh..I have the same problem. I've told my mom that I've wanted to be famous but I haven't told her about the Korea part yet. LOL. Just try persuading them and say that it's what you've always dreamt of doing..be stubborn about it. (sry! Such WRONG advice but, that's how I am..) I need answered for this too..;)

Good luck!

^

you guys can allways try to persuade your parents once a company offers you a contract. most parents won't take it serious if you just talk about it, but if you really get the chance to get signed... then most of them will understand that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity ^^.

i think you guys should send at least 2 pictures, 3 would be better. like one closeup of your face, one full body shot and maybe one sideprofile picture ^^

Guest superstar`kiss

^

you guys can allways try to persuade your parents once a company offers you a contract. most parents won't take it serious if you just talk about it, but if you really get the chance to get signed... then most of them will understand that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity ^^.

Ahh, that's what I had planned originally..I just forgot. :lol: I'm going to be like--"SURPRISE!!"

Guest angel_cutie

^

^

>.> i have one of the most traditional aisan parents ever..

first you have to get callbacks..how do you sneak out the house??(i cant T_T)

theeen you have to travel to korea and audition again >.>

xDD i really hate my mom for not letting me go to cb

hmmm, why don't you send in your audition material to the companies first? don't worry about sneakind out etc. now ^^. concentrate on making good demos etc first ^^. how old are you and why do your parents object" is it because they worry about your studies or because of they don't thrust the companies?

Guest angel_cutie

im 15 haha

and why my parents object is because they think the schools in korea isnt good enough.

Sm will rip you off and you will get raped...basically its because of sterotypes..

and its not my dad.most of this stuff that is said is from my mom >.>

cuz when i auditioned for sm she asked her co-workers and thats what they told her.

i donno if this had anything to do with it and im not being raciest or anything but they're all chinese =PP

Archived