Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

On 10/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, forumsoomp said:

After few months of hype, does Hollywood accept his decline. Suppose, filming may delay to look for a replacement. Just wondering, did he back out to give way to anor hot actor close to the actress?

I don't think his backing down from Cross will delay the filming since he announced it early so they can find his replacement soon :thumbsup:

On 10/19/2020 at 7:58 AM, sadiesmith said:

When does Cross start shooting? April? I thought they start at the beginning of the year.

I read it somewhere it'll start on April... But it's a translation so I could be wrong :sweat_smile:

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-dexter-studios-signs-on-to-do-vfx-work-for-silence-146167.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

posterphoto1253464.jpg

The famed special effects workshop Dexter Studios recently signed a contract to do VFX work for "Silence". Dexter Studios is responsible for the special effects of quite a few popular South Korean films, including "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds" and "Ashfall". The move confirms that "Silence" is likely to be the next big spectacle release at the South Korean box office, in spite of the current COVID-19 induced downturn.

"Silence" will star Lee Sun-kyun, Ju Ji-hoon, and Kim Hee-won in leading roles. The story takes place on the Incheon bridge, which goes far out into the ocean, and deals with various people who encounter a monster there. "Silence" will be directed by Kim Tae-gon, whose last venture as a director was "Familyhood" in 2016. He also worked as a producer for the independent films "The Queen of Crime" and "Microhabitat".

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/10/28/lee-sun-kyun-in-talks-to-star-in-new-drama-produced-by-apple-tv/
Lee Sun Kyun in Talks to Star in New Drama Produced by Apple TV

by krishkim

8561E789-1609-4B65-8B13-BE56C9387830.jpg

Credit: OSEN

Attention is focusing on whether Lee Sun Kyun will expand his territory into OTT media service Apple TV Plus.

Earlier today, a media outlet reported that Lee Sun Kyun confirmed his appearance in Apple TV’s new drama Mr. Robin (working title). In response, the actor’s agency HODU&U Entertainment said, “Lee Sun Kyun has been offered to star in Mr. Robin directed by Kim Ji Woon. But nothing has been confirmed yet.”

Mr. Robin is based on the webtoon Dr. Brain. It is a medical mystery thriller that depicts what a genius brain scientist experiences as he accesses the dead people’s brain. Lee Sun Kyun is said to have been offered the role of a genius brain scientist.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird director Kim Ji Woon will be directing the series. Originally, he was scheduled to lead the French drama Cloud 47 (working title), but the production was postponed indefinitely due to inside affairs and COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, he joined the Apple TV project and offered the leading role to Lee Sun Kyun.

In particular, attention is drawn to the fact that it is a series produced by Apple TV Plus, which is preparing to enter the Korean market in earnest.

Mr. Robin, a six-part series, will begin filming in the first half of next year.

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, widala said:

So this is why he refused Cross...

Make sense since he's the lead here

Yes, this sounds so much more exciting. At first I was almost disappointed when I read "Apple TV." I thought this was going to be a web drama, which would be a downgrade after TvN and JTBC. But I was wrong. This director turns out to be a huge name, on the same level as Bong Joon Ho and Kim Won Suk!! That got me super excited and I am very happy LSK is again courted by a such a great director. And after looking up the webtoon graphics, I can already picture him as the brooding doctor. LSK, please accept!

Here's the link to the webtoon:

https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=49214012&page=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes, this sounds so much more exciting. At first I was almost disappointed when I read "Apple TV." I thought this was going to be a web drama, which would be a downgrade after TvN and JTBC. But I was wrong. This director turns out to be a huge name, on the same level as Bong Joon Ho and Kim Won Suk!! That got me super excited and I am very happy LSK is again courted by a such a great director. And after looking up the webtoon graphics, I can already picture him as the brooding doctor. LSK, please accept!

Yes, please accept :please:

Tho Hodu said it's not confirmed yet but I can't help but to feel excited!

I checked the webtoon and it looks cool :thumbsup:

And yes to the Director! He's a big name and knowing that he courted LSK for his project makes me proud of LSK.

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

This six episode series sounds like the Netflix Kingdom series with Ju Ji Hoon. Both are big productions helmed by great directors with high production values. Hopefully this one, too.

Korean audience seems to agree this is better than Cross:

Compare to Cross, Mr. Robin does seems better. First, he's the lead, while in Cross he's the villain which I'm sure has less screen time than the two leads. Second, it's 6 episode, and I hope like Kingdom, they'll make it into multiple seasons :D. And, I guess the platform can reach wider audience.

The only down side for me is that he didn't get to work with Ethan Hawke, but I'm sure other opportunities will arrive :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, widala said:

The only down side for me is that he didn't get to work with Ethan Hawke, but I'm sure other opportunities will arrive :thumbsup:

The downside for me is I don't have Apple TV. And is this only available to Korean audience via Apple TV also?

On 10/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, sadiesmith said:

The downside for me is I don't have Apple TV. And is this only available to Korean audience via Apple TV also?

I don't really know about Apple tv...

Kingdom wasn't available on local tv channels, but Korean can watch it on Netflix Korea.

Anyway, there's no new updates on LSK...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, widala said:

Casting rumour, Lee Sun Kyun in talks for Voice 4 OCN...

What do you guys think?

So yeah... LSK's casting is definitely just a rumour :sweat_smile:

A bit disappointed because I really want to see LSK in OCN drama...

• LOL 1

On 11/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, widala said:

So yeah... LSK's casting is definitely just a rumour :sweat_smile:

A bit disappointed because I really want to see LSK in OCN drama...

Lol! I was not too excited about a crime procedural drama, so this does not disappoint me at all. What I want is a confirmation that he will totally do that webtoon based drama with director Kim Ji Won!!!

Good to see him again :highonflowers:

On 11/14/2020 at 3:38 PM, sadiesmith said:

Lol! I was not too excited about a crime procedural drama, so this does not disappoint me at all. What I want is a confirmation that he will totally do that webtoon based drama with director Kim Ji Won!!!

Imo OCN produce pretty well made dramas with unique story line, so maybe not this particular drama but I wish he'll do an OCN drama someday...

I wanna hear the word CONFIRMED for Mr. Robin too! 

He's been very quiet, shooting Silence with no update and no news about Kingmaker release date...

• Like 1

They made it sound like they both have already confirmed. Have they? That would be super news! 

https://zapzee.net/2020/11/27/lee-yoo-young-to-join-parasite-actor-lee-sun-kyun-in-apple-tvs-new-series-mr-robin/

Lee Yoo Young to Join ‘Parasite’ Actor Lee Sun Kyun in Apple TV’s New Series’ Mr. Robin’

by krishkimabout 2 hours ago

0000740246_001_20170601181628405-crop.jp Credit: xportsnews

Lee Yoo Young will star in Apple TV’s new series Mr. Robin.

According to a media outlet, Lee Yoo Young has been cast to play one of the female leads in director Kim Jo Woon’s new project Mr. Robin.

Lee Yoo Young will play Jung Jae Yi, a former researcher at the B.C. Foundation’s Rehabilitation Center. As a person who had to smile and pretend to be bright to be loved, she became a person who has both hatred and love for her family.

Based on the webtoon titled Dr. Brain, Mr. Robin is a medical mystery thriller that follows a genius brain doctor who accesses dead people’s brains. The title role, genius brain scientist Mr. Robin, is played by Parasite actor Lee Sun Kyun. Originally, director Kim Ji Woon was scheduled to lead the French drama Cloud 47 (working title), but the production was postponed indefinitely due to inside affairs and COVID-19 pandemic.

With this, Apple TV will showcase two Korean series – Pachinko starring Lee Min Ho and Mr. Robin starring Lee Sun Kyun and Lee Yoo Young – next year. The filming will begin in the first half of next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/12/26/will-they-be-released-list-of-2021-korean-films/

Will They Be Released? List of 2021 Korean Films

by krishkim

With the coronavirus pandemic, many of the movies had to either halt their production or postpone their release.

And with the surge of COVID-19 cases in Korea, major distributors postponed their tent-pole films and are still yet to set a specific release schedule.

FBB33785-F698-4D26-A4AA-12D339B156E6.jpg

Credit: CJ Entertainment, Megabox Plus M

Directed by Haeundae and Ode to My Father director Yoon Je Kyung, Hero (literal title) depicts the last one year of An Jung Geun, a Korean-independence activist, who was sentenced to death after killing Ito Hirobumi in Harbin in October 1909. Impressed by the musical, director Yoon challenged live recording on the spot like Tom Hooper’s Les Miserable.

Mogadishu, directed by Veteran director Ryu Seung Wan, talks about the escape of diplomatic officials from South and North Korea, who got isolated in the middle of Somalia civil war in the 1990s. Jo In Sung, Kim Yoon Seok and Heo Joon Ho starred in the film. These two films were supposed to be released this summer, but their release was pushed back indefinitely with the pandemic.

Director Lee Joon Ik’s new film The Book of Fish, starring Byun Yohan and Sol Kyung Gu, will be released in 2021. The fact that this is Sol Kyung Gu’s first-ever historical project made headlines.

Spoiler

A44AAE7D-454C-40F7-AA58-AB86C61C5EF1.jpg

Credit: CJ Entertainment, Lotte Entertainment

Seobok, starring Gong Yoo and Park Bo Gum, and Life Is Beautiful, Yeom Jung Ah and Ryu Seung Ryong, were originally scheduled to be unveiled earlier this month but delayed their release to next year.

The Merciless director Byun Sung Hyun’s new film Kingmaker (literal title), starring Sol Kyung Gu and Lee Sun Kyun, is also set to be released next year.  Emergency Declaration that flaunts its star-studded cast finally finished filming in October after much delay due to COVID-19 and is currently preparing for the release in 2021.

New mega-scale films by the masters are also on their way. The Handmaiden director Park Chan Wook’s new film Determination to Part Ways (literal title) and Hirokazu Koreeda’s new Korean film Broker (working title), starring Song Kang Ho, Kang Dong Won, and Bae Doo Na, are either being produced right now or plan to start filming next year.

Minari, which is drawing keen attention ahead of the Oscars next year, will also be released in Korean in the first half of 2021.

Source (1)

• Like 2