Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

6 hours ago, widala said:

Haha yes, please don't hesitate to use Parasite's clout :joy:

I hope it won't be long too....

I mean, if he wants to relax a little, maybe he can take a supporting role. Like Jang Hyuk in My Country...

And, if he really really doesn't want to do romance, it's okay (although my soul weeps)... but please don't tease us like DoAP...

It's just too cruel :bawling:

No, no, no! Don't take a supporting role in a drama. That will just make me frustrated waiting for his scenes to appear. It's bad enough feeling like he doesn't have as much to do in Diary, can't imagine what a supporting role in a drama would do to me. Haha... Besides, we don't want people to get used to the idea of LSK no longer being the lead. 

So it is better to rest a bit if he wants and come back with an awesome project. A good drama is my preference, of course. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

No, no, no! Don't take a supporting role in a drama. That will just make me frustrated waiting for his scenes to appear. It's bad enough feeling like he doesn't have as much to do in Diary, can't imagine what a supporting role in a drama would do to me. Haha... Besides, we don't want people to get used to the idea of LSK no longer being the lead. 

Haha, I get what you mean.

I'm a silent reader at Jang Hyuk's forum.

The members were excited when JH confirm the drama but also sad because as the supporting role he got less screen time and didn't involve much in the promotion. He didn't even attend the press conference.

But, on the other hand, these small appearances established his continuous existence in the industry.

And yes, I also think as the lead, LSK didn't get enough focus so far.

Hopefully in the remaining 6 episodes, the drama will focus more on his story...

1 hour ago, widala said:

@sadiesmith, what do you think about this?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379373wpp/parasite-director-bong-joon-ho-says-hbo-adaptation-would-resolve-unanswered-questions-from-film

Will this be some kind of flashback? A longer version of the movie?

If it is, will LSK be in it too?

I had been assuming this HBO version would be an adaptation of Parasite by an American cast. Had no idea that he was thinking of inviting back the original cast into making a 6-hour movie. We still don't know if that is the case here. But if it were to be with the original cast, would everyone be available? Would anyone even dare say no? I would certainly love to see LSK reprise his CEO Park role!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I had been assuming this HBO version would be an adaptation of Parasite by an American cast. Had no idea that he was thinking of inviting back the original cast into making a 6-hour movie. We still don't know if that is the case here. But if it were to be with the original cast, would everyone be available? Would anyone even dare say no? I would certainly love to see LSK reprise his CEO Park role!

Yup, me too.

I thought it would be an American adaptation. Or, a story with similar concept but with different set of families.

As for the original cast, the ones I hear with projects are Park So Dam (drama) and Choi Woo Sik (movie). 

And for the rest, I guess they're still free...

But, for BJH I think they'll make time. Who wouldn't? :D

I would love to see LSK as Mr. Park too!

But, if this really like a past story for each characters, I think I will be a bit sad watching about Mr. Park, because we already know his tragic ending...

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Thanks Hodu?

I tried to find similar post about My Ahjussi and I only found one

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=15284479&memberNo=35214926

It's just some links to articles and clips, not precious bts photos like DoAP posts...

So, I guess we should be thankful that they're -slooowly- getting better at promoting their artists :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

14 hours ago, widala said:

I tried to find similar post about My Ahjussi and I only found one

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=15284479&memberNo=35214926

It's just some links to articles and clips, not precious bts photos like DoAP posts...

So, I guess we should be thankful that they're -slooowly- getting better at promoting their artists :sweatingbullets:

That one on My Ajusshi was pretty lame. Glad Hodu is doing a much better job today. The last two on LSK were so nice. Hope to see a lot more.

Yay, LSK and the rest of the cast will be at the Oscar Ceremony.

https://mnc.asiae.co.kr/view.htm?idxno=2020020509035076240

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, sadiesmith said:

Anh Jae Hong, another co-star of LSK who got very popular not long after working with him, is ranked #2. What is his secret? LSK is at #30.

I've been trying to understand the determining aspects of this rank.

"

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from December 27 to January 24.

"

I think we know what media coverage is.

Interaction maybe means interacting with people via social media or vlive, Kakaotalk and the likes?

I don't really understand what consumers participation and community awareness mean...

If I'm not mistaken, usually LSK has high media coverage (red line) and low consumer participation (blue line).

Whatever that means...:sweatingbullets:

Does starring in a commercial also help?

But I guess it's all down to how the agency promote their artists, and finding quality jobs for them

I don't know.... I'm just guessing :grimace:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, widala said:

I've been trying to understand the determining aspects of this rank.

"

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from December 27 to January 24.

"

I think we know what media coverage is.

Interaction maybe means interacting with people via social media or vlive, Kakaotalk and the likes?

I don't really understand what consumers participation and community awareness mean...

If I'm not mistaken, usually LSK has high media coverage (red line) and low consumer participation (blue line).

Whatever that means...:sweatingbullets:

Does starring in a commercial also help?

But I guess it's all down to how the agency promote their artists, and finding quality jobs for them

I don't know.... I'm just guessing :grimace:

Ah, thank you for trying to explain the different colored lines. I saw them but never bothered to understand what they are. So it kind of makes sense. LSK doesn't seem to lack media coverage because of his ongoing projects, but he and his projects are such low-key things that people don't talk about them much in social media. I don't know about agency though. Lee Sung Min can somehow get high ranking although he is even older than LSK and from the same agency. So what is his secret?

Loving the video clips of LSK leaving SK for the Oscars. I always thought he wears contact lenses when he is not wearing his glasses, but then I saw him wear his glasses after not having them on at the beginning of the clip. At least this frame looked a little more fashionable than the usual dark-rimmed one. :lol:

https://tv.naver.com/v/12243688?spi_ref=m_tvcast_twitter

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:36 PM, sadiesmith said:

Lee Sung Min can somehow get high ranking although he is even older than LSK and from the same agency. So what is his secret?

Maybe because Lee Sung Min has more established status as an actor?

Also, Korean viewers have this love/hate relationship with LSK's voice :D

(I still find tweets that complaining about his diction and pronunciation)

So I guess they're probably also affecting his popularity...

That green cargo pants again *facepalm

Guess he really likes this jacket :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1