Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

14 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Gotta say that first picture completely took my breath away.

The famous left side profile that Bong Joon Ho loves so much :D

I wonder if he will attend the Oscars...

Cho Yeo Jeong and Lee Jeong Eun already confirmed...

10 hours ago, widala said:

The famous left side profile that Bong Joon Ho loves so much :D

I wonder if he will attend the Oscars...

Cho Yeo Jeong and Lee Jeong Eun already confirmed...

Are they actually going to the Oscars? I thought I read they are going to the Golden Globes. I do hope LSK will go to the Oscars though. Among the cast he has probably attended the least number of Parasite related events. Besides, attending Oscars will make him one of the very few Korean actors who have attended all the major international film festivals. 

Are you enjoying the new drama? I suspect, like me, you are watching with too much of a critical eye instead of just enjoying what is presented. :D

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Are they actually going to the Oscars? I thought I read they are going to the Golden Globes. I do hope LSK will go to the Oscars though. Among the cast he has probably attended the least number of Parasite related events. Besides, attending Oscars will make him one of the very few Korean actors who have attended all the major international film festivals. 

I probably mixed up those two award shows :sweatingbullets:

But, like you said, whichever it is I hope he will attend and gain more recognition...

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Are you enjoying the new drama? I suspect, like me, you are watching with too much of a critical eye instead of just enjoying what is presented. :D

It's hard to be objective :sweatingbullets:

But, I truly enjoyed the drama.

Yes, the first episode is more of introduction to the setting and the characters.

Reminded me of my experience watching My Ahjussi ep 1. I felt a bit disappointed and overwhelmed by the names and the office politics...

At least Diary of a Prosecutor did it in a fun way :D

Here's an article about an apartment where LSK lives

According to the real estate industry and registered copies, actor Lee Sun-kyun shares a room with his wife in a luxury apartment in Yongsan Raemian Cellitus, located in Ichon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul.  His room size is 165.44㎡ (50 pyeong) and the exclusive area is 124.35㎡ (38 pyeong).

http://m.skyedaily.com/news_view.html?ID=95941

It's nice to know more about him, but I feel a bit uncomfortable. I hope he doesn't mind this information spread to public...

This part of the article is nice, though...

"Lee Sun-kyun often comes to buy snacks such as beer and snacks," he said. "He was easy and kind, saying hello to people around him first, just like the image we see in the drama."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, widala said:

It's nice to know more about him, but I feel a bit uncomfortable. I hope he doesn't mind this information spread to public...

Yeah, I'm not sure this is something he is okay with. He and his wife seem to like their privacy. On the other hand, he is not an idol, so people probably will leave him alone. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:49 PM, sadiesmith said:

On the other hand, he is not an idol, so people probably will leave him alone. 

Well, he's lucky I don't live in South Korea :ph34r: 

Just kidding... please don't report me :P

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Sounds like Lee Byung Hyun encouraged him to attend the Oscars? But I am not sure.

I really do wish he would go...

It's not just some year end award show, but the Oscars!

It will be a different experience and who knows when the opportunity will rise again...

• Like 2

LSK made an appearance in Lee Sung Min's new movie "Mr. Zoo"... as a black goat :joy:

The moment you hear the words of animals,
The rules of the investigation are flipped!

Joo Tae Joo is a skilled agent from the National Intelligence Service with a super promotion coming up! His secret to a perfect record is that he can hear animals?! Joo Tae Joo sets out with military canine Ali, who has the decisive clue to resolving an incident that threatens national security. Charismatic director Min Soo Hee and agent Jo Man Sik are out to help them. Will this team play work out?

https://mydramalist.com/32129-mr-zoo

• LOL 1

On 12/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, widala said:

I really do wish he would go...

It's not just some year end award show, but the Oscars!

It will be a different experience and who knows when the opportunity will rise again...

Do you trust this post? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Do you trust this post? 

I've seen it, but I don't know...

I really hope it's true, and it's probably true, but I'll wait for more official sources...

Although I can't help but to already imagine him in a tux :D

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, widala said:

I've seen it, but I don't know...

I really hope it's true, and it's probably true, but I'll wait for more official sources...

Although I can't help but to already imagine him in a tux :D

Has anyone from the cast been confirmed to attend? I usually don't watch the Oscars but may tune in this time. But I am not sure the US network would even show them?

On a separate note, and this is a terrible confession, I fell asleep trying to watch episode 3 last night. :sweat_smile: That has never happened with any new LSK drama. Should never start watching so late in the night. 

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Has anyone from the cast been confirmed to attend? I usually don't watch the Oscars but may tune in this time. But I am not sure the US network would even show them?

I'm guessing the whole team will attend, I hope so...

They deserve the spotlight :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

On a separate note, and this is a terrible confession, I fell asleep trying to watch episode 3 last night. :sweat_smile: That has never happened with any new LSK drama. Should never start watching so late in the night. 

:sweat_smile:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, widala said:

LSK in LA?

Oh, wow! Nice to take some time off work. The Golden Globes are still 5 days away though. Is he really going to wait that long when his drama is still actively filming? If he does attend GG, hope it doesn't mean he won't return for the Oscars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Oh, wow! Nice to take some time off work. The Golden Globes are still 5 days away though. Is he really going to wait that long when his drama is still actively filming? If he does attend GG, hope it doesn't mean he won't return for the Oscars.

I was surprised too...

I didn't think he would attend GG since it's in the middle of shooting, or if he does, it won't be a week long vacation like this (although like you said, it's nice to take some time off).

They probably have filmed most of the episodes and not airing this week gives them more free time?

And yes, I hope he will attend the Oscars too...

Now, I'm waiting for more news...

• Like 1