Quantcast
Guest suzziee

Lee Seon Gyun 이선균

Btw so sorry guys anyone know the title for the background music in Miss Korea? Normally when SK & YH scene together, this song will be played. It seems not the official OST. Thanks so much :wub:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Btw so sorry guys anyone know the title for the background music in Miss Korea? Normally when SK & YH scene together, this song will be played. It seems not the official OST. Thanks so much :wub:

I love all OSTs in Miss Korea. Can you name which episode and the timestamp? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I love all OSTs in Miss Korea. Can you name which episode and the timestamp? 

Ep 2. Timestamp 44:40 is where LSK looking for YH character. I think its not official OST, feels like I heard this song somewhere before...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Ep 2. Timestamp 44:40 is where LSK looking for YH character. I think its not official OST, feels like I heard this song somewhere before...

Is this it? If it is, it's an official OST. 

Street of Angels by Every Single Day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Is this it? If it is it's an official OST. 

Street of Angels by Every Single Day

Oh yes yes thanks so much, sorry I think I miss it out. Such a beautiful song I love it a lot. 

I like the couple chemistry, but sometimes theres not enough screentime with just both of them :lol: Cos they always have a lot of ppl around them haha.... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Oh yes yes thanks so much, sorry I think I miss it out. Such a beautiful song I love it a lot. 

I like the couple chemistry, but sometimes theres not enough screentime with just both of them :lol: Cos they always have a lot of ppl around them haha.... 

I love their chemistry too. I was hesitating to watch it at first because of their age difference but their chemistry was spot on. Plus LSK makes everything sound sexy because of his voice. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I am so happy to wake up to a discussion on Miss Korea. Being the true LSK fan that I am, I saw this live during the airing and felt sad that this underrated gem got completely lost in the mania surrounding My Love from the Star. But I enjoyed it immensely for the nostalgic vibes, the understated romance, the side stories, and the awesome female characters all around. And some scenes were funny as hell. Yes, it was slow in parts, and in my rewatch I would just skip them. But overall it was a very heartwarming story with a winning OTP and characters that felt very real. The male lead was not the strongest role for LSK, but he put his all into it as always. 

The OSTs were so awesome that I still remember them to this day. Other than the one you asked, I also loved Hero, New World, a few other instrumental pieces, and the oldies the music director so cleverly chosen for specific scenes.

Hope you continue to share your thoughts here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@sadiesmith@jhjsw I have to admit I also in the MLIFAS boat back then and totally missed this gem drama. I just found out LSK only recently, also the main reason I don't really know this drama. And LYH actually in my hit or miss actress. I like her pretty face, but her acting in Ghost a bit lacking for me. But glad to say, here, she improved so much and perhaps because LSK is veteran and can bring the best out of her. 

About the OTP pair MK

- The age gap

As oppa in neighbourhood, he does look older than her. LSK in uniform a bit funny tho :lol: After their meeting again, I found its nicer. Hes a bit look like ahjussi taking care of his younger lover. I actually like couple with some age gap most of the time. 

- The pain hidden

As the story of their past unfold rather slowly, we don't really know what causing anomisity between them. And after revealed the reason of their breakup, im kind of understand the pain of losing 1st love. Isn't most of young love separation caused by distance, in this case he goes to university & she doesn't.

- The vulnerability

When she lost Miss Seoul in top 5. I love LSK expression that mixed of sad but still want to give her his full support. And when she cry her heart out, because she feels shes not pretty enough and he hugged her. Love it! 

7m2eMwt.gif

Cr.owner. 

- For shallow reason, the visual :D

I love how the pair look together. It might not the strongest character for LSK, but ain't he the most handsome here @sadiesmith:lol: 

The plot story on the loanshark is a bit extra, and I wish more main OTP. But i havent abused any FF button, so its still tolerable. 

I think this OTP might come to 2nd place, still after My Ahjussi. For reason MA couple is more heartbreaking, more desperate (even his breath emphasize his despair) and the ending.... :tears: @widala

Sorry rather long, thanks for reading and much thanks for you guys warm welcome here :wub:

@triplem @Heidi Seow @phoenix24 check it out Miss Korea if u guys have time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, Lawyerh said:

@sadiesmith@jhjsw I have to admit I also in the MLIFAS boat back then and totally missed this gem drama. I just found out LSK only recently, also the main reason I don't really know this drama. And LYH actually in my hit or miss actress. I like her pretty face, but her acting in Ghost a bit lacking for me. But glad to say, here, she improved so much and perhaps because LSK is veteran and can bring the best out of her. 

About the OTP pair MK

- The age gap

As oppa in neighbourhood, he does look older than her. LSK in uniform a bit funny tho :lol: After their meeting again, I found its nicer. Hes a bit look like ahjussi taking care of his younger lover. I actually like couple with some age gap most of the time. 

- The pain hidden

As the story of their past unfold rather slowly, we don't really know what causing anomisity between them. And after revealed the reason of their breakup, im kind of understand the pain of losing 1st love. Isn't most of young love separation caused by distance, in this case he goes to university & she doesn't.

- The vulnerability

When she lost Miss Seoul in top 5. I love LSK expression that mixed of sad but still want to give her his full support. And when she cry her heart out, because she feels shes not pretty enough and he hugged her. Love it! 

7m2eMwt.gif

Cr.owner. 

- For shallow reason, the visual :D

I love how the pair look together. It might not the strongest character for LSK, but ain't he the most handsome here @sadiesmith:lol: 

The plot story on the loanshark is a bit extra, and I wish more main OTP. But i havent abused any FF button, so its still tolerable. 

I think this OTP might come to 2nd place, still after My Ahjussi. For reason MA couple is more heartbreaking, more desperate (even his breath emphasize his despair) and the ending.... :tears: @widala

Sorry rather long, thanks for reading and much thanks for you guys warm welcome here :wub:

@triplem @Heidi Seow @phoenix24 check it out Miss Korea if u guys have time. 

I love everything u said about the drama. Exactly how i felt watching it. It just keeps getting better until the end. I love the development of the OTPs relationship. From immature to mature lovers. 

The scene where they were exchanging messages using the baseball was so sweet. But the fact the LSK's character is being the most supportive boyfriend ever (or manager.. Whatever. Lol) is my favorite part of the show. You'll see when you get until the end of the drama. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@jhjsw, @sadiesmith, @Lawyerh

I've finished watching Miss Korea, and you guys are right, this drama is a gem :thumbsup:

Too bad it's very underrated...

And because it's from the same writer, I think the story is far better than Pasta. Especially, the male lead.

In my opinion, Hyun Joong is more swoonworthy than Chef.

He's very supportive of her. Everytime he defend her I just went awww so sweet...

I love Oh Ji Young, and Lee Yoon Hee's acting is very good in this drama. 

The supporting characters are also very good.

The side love story is cute. It's like the trope "bad boy fell for the nerd" only in real life :D

I adore Dir. Ma. She's very classy.

I think this writer is very good at writing strong female characters. I haven't watch this writer's recent works though, Jealousy Incarnate and Wok of Love.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, widala said:

@jhjsw, @sadiesmith, @Lawyerh

I've finished watching Miss Korea, and you guys are right, this drama is a gem :thumbsup:

Too bad it's very underrated...

And because it's from the same writer, I think the story is far better than Pasta. Especially, the male lead.

In my opinion, Hyun Joong is more swoonworthy than Chef.

He's very supportive of her. Everytime he defend her I just went awww so sweet...

I love Oh Ji Young, and Lee Yoon Hee's acting is very good in this drama. 

The supporting characters are also very good.

The side love story is cute. It's like the trope "bad boy fell for the nerd" only in real life :D

I adore Dir. Ma. She's very classy.

I think this writer is very good at writing strong female characters. I haven't watch this writer's recent works though, Jealousy Incarnate and Wok of Love.

I've watched both Jealousy Incarnate and Wok Of Love but IMO, Pasta and Miss Korea are better than her recent works. And I still think that Miss Korea is her best writing. 

So glad you liked MK. Such a gem. Come to think of it. I think I am missing LSK in a light romantic drama. 

• Like 2

That very affectionate saranghae at the end of the phone call with wife Jeon Hye Jin! :wub:  Such a sweetheart. I never realized Koreans end their phone calls with I love you until LSK came along. They do it all the time here in the States, but people here are generally more open with showing affection.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

That very affectionate saranghae at the end of the phone call with wife Jeon Hye Jin! :wub:  Such a sweetheart. I never realized Koreans end their phone calls with I love you until LSK came along. They do it all the time here in the States, but people here are generally more open with showing affection

Yes, I love how casually he said that.

You haven't watch the earlier episode? He also made a phone call to home on ep 3, and he ended it with Saranghae... So sweet...

While I know LSK is not the only Korean who did that, but I'd like to think that this is very LSK.

He's very affectionate, showing his love for people close to him by hugging and touching, and JHJ, I don't know, seems like more on the reserve side.

Like in the clip, he said saranghae and her answer is only an acknowledgement sound :sweatingbullets:

But I think that's why they're a good match. They balance each other out. 

This week is the last episode if I'm not mistaken... I'm gonna miss him and the team...

What do you think about the show?

Will you like it if LSK wasn't in it?

For me, honestly, I think the show could be made to be more exciting... I don't know... Maybe they should add more games while they're on the train? It's a bit boring, even the members seemed bored, all they do is eat and sleep :sweatingbullets:

I understand why LSK did the intermittent fasting, maybe it's already his habit, but he also needed to look in a suit for his drama, and by the look of things if he didn't, he would gain a considerable weight...

But I love it when they visited the tourism locations. I wish they made those parts longer...

And, if only they added English sub to their YouTube channel, because some of the videos are different from the episodes...

Anyway, I really do wish they'll do season 2.

The members are already solid, all they need to do is tighten the concepts a bit and maybe try travelers' bucket list other locations :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, widala said:

Yes, I love how casually he said that.

You haven't watch the earlier episode? He also made a phone call to home on ep 3, and he ended it with Saranghae... So sweet...

While I know LSK is not the only Korean who did that, but I'd like to think that this is very LSK.

He's very affectionate, showing his love for people close to him by hugging and touching, and JHJ, I don't know, seems like more on the reserve side.

Like in the clip, he said saranghae and her answer is only an acknowledgement sound :sweatingbullets:

But I think that's why they're a good match. They balance each other out. 

This week is the last episode if I'm not mistaken... I'm gonna miss him and the team...

What do you think about the show?

Will you like it if LSK wasn't in it?

For me, honestly, I think the show could be made to be more exciting... I don't know... Maybe they should add more games while they're on the train? It's a bit boring, even the members seemed bored, all they do is eat and sleep :sweatingbullets:

I understand why LSK did the intermittent fasting, maybe it's already his habit, but he also needed to look in a suit for his drama, and by the look of things if he didn't, he would gain a considerable weight...

But I love it when they visited the tourism locations. I wish they made those parts longer...

And, if only they added English sub to their YouTube channel, because some of the videos are different from the episodes...

Anyway, I really do wish they'll do season 2.

The members are already solid, all they need to do is tighten the concepts a bit and maybe try travelers' bucket list other locations :thumbsup:

I don't think I would even consider watching if LSK weren't in it. I am not interested in watching variety shows in general. Heck, I don't even watch dramas all that much, although at the moment I am watching Vagabond and Camellia. That said, I have liked the episodes  I've watched of Siberian Pathfinders. Sure, nothing much happened, but I really enjoyed this bunch and their camaraderie. They made me laugh a lot. They probably are the most un-glamorous bunch of actors ever. I wonder, though, why the official Soompi thread has been so quiet lately. Maybe I'll go over there and post the same thought.

• Like 1