Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I am not optimistic we will see the drama this year at all. The biggest clue is his new travel show. Accepting that project must mean he knew he wouldn't be busy with the drama right away. Besides, there's not been any update from JTBC apart from the offer to this actor last week. So boohooo.... Who knows how long we'd have to wait.

But what about Wed-Thurs slot? What is being planned there?

I forgot where it was mentioned but didn't they say that he'd start filming for the drama in August? 

The travel show would probably take them a week or so to shoot? If we compare it to the Youth Over Flowers timeline.

What I'm trying to say is both still could happen this year... If only the lead actress would be announced already! Haha :scream:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, potaters said:

I forgot where it was mentioned but didn't they say that he'd start filming for the drama in August? 

The travel show would probably take them a week or so to shoot? If we compare it to the Youth Over Flowers timeline.

What I'm trying to say is both still could happen this year... If only the lead actress would be announced already! Haha :scream:

The long train ride is supposed to last 7 days. That means the whole thing won't take more than 2 weeks to shoot. So yes, the drama could still start shooting in August although it may not be broadcast this year. Chocolate has been in the work for much longer anyway. I remember wishing LSK to be the lead in that melodrama. :lol: Kingmaker must be very close to finishing.

Did you know that about half a year ago Jung Rye Won posted that she loved the novel War of Prosecutors, the source material for the JTBC drama? It's a small wonder the production later approached her for the female lead role. I wish there would be a confirmation already. 

• Thanks 1

Jeon Hye Jin has done very well in her resurrected career lately. Did you all see this clip from around the time she won her Blue Dragon Award for Best Supporting Actress for the movie Sado? She had to hold back tears when her husband came on screen. Around 3:23 minutes.

It seems like this husband and wife keep trading co-stars and directors. Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Im Soo Jung, Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Sung Min, and more. So when will LSK get to act alongside Ha Ji Won or Kim Nam Joo?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

The long train ride is supposed to last 7 days. That means the whole thing won't take more than 2 weeks to shoot. So yes, the drama could still start shooting in August although it may not be broadcast this year. Chocolate has been in the work for much longer anyway. I remember wishing LSK to be the lead in that melodrama. :lol: Kingmaker must be very close to finishing.

Did you know that about half a year ago Jung Rye Won posted that she loved the novel War of Prosecutors, the source material for the JTBC drama? It's a small wonder the production later approached her for the female lead role. I wish there would be a confirmation already. 

I'll be happy as long as everything gets verified soon, PD, writer and cast and when it'll be aired... It's listed to air in November 2019 in dramawiki *crosses all fingers*

Jung Rye Won, accept already! They already seem to work well together 

korea-baeksang-005.jpg

LSK and JHJ seems like a really laidback couple with loads of sense of humor is great :Dand  JHJ's costar in Search WWW Lee Da Hee seems to have fallen in love with her hehe

• Like 2

8 hours ago, potaters said:

It was in one of LSK's interviews during Parasite promotion.

In my head, I already arrange a schedule for him: Finished filming Kingmaker, rest about a week and prepare to go to Siberia (shopping for thick coats!), go to Siberia early August, shooting the show for 2 weeks, go home and rest, start filming the drama late August :D

3 hours ago, potaters said:

Jung Rye Won, accept already! They already seem to work well together 

They did CFs together long ago, and they were the cutest.

Has anyone posted these video here before?

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Thanks for the info..

I followed her IG just recently, so I didn't notice the post about that book before.

Please, confirm the drama JRWnim ...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

It seems like this husband and wife keep trading co-stars and directors. Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Im Soo Jung, Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Sung Min, and more. So when will LSK get to act alongside Ha Ji Won or Kim Nam Joo?

Turned out JHJ was also in the same movie with Cho Yeo Jong (Mrs. Park). 

It was Song Seung Heon's movie "Obsessed".

Thanks for the videos.

She's really a charismatic actress, too bad I only noticed her after I became LSK's fan :sweatingbullets:

And she's so cute when she smiles. Her roles nowadays mostly a serious character, maybe one day she'll get a role where she smiles a lot (one of those noona romance and paired with hallyu's pretty boy :D)

• Like 1

There's a post in Twitter that said they spotted LSK and KNG at IKEA. No photo though, so I don't know how valid this is.

But if it's true, it's just too cute that they're shopping together, probably preparation for Siberia :D

The show was planned to be aired in mid September, so they probably will shoot it in August...

There's still hope for the drama to be filmed in late August, although I'm not sure it will air in November, since they already confirmed new drama that will air after Chocolate

Hopefully they will still make LSK's drama happen, even if it's for next year... I'll be waiting patiently...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, widala said:

There's still hope for the drama to be filmed in late August, although I'm not sure it will air in November, since they already confirmed new drama that will air after Chocolate

Is there any slot left this year for LSK's drama? If not, what is the earliest empty slot available?

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Kingmaker is still shooting!

Maybe that's why he's not in this gathering :D

On 7/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, potaters said:

Maybe dramawiki isnt accurate? But according here the drama is gonna air on nov https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Upcoming_KDrama#JTBC ?

Don't know which one is more correct, but I prefer this schedule...

• Like 1

LSK sent coffee truck to Oh Man Seok

He's been sending coffee trucks to support his coworkers/friends lately...

Wonder if he will send one to support IU too. Since Lee Joon Gi is going to do cameo in Hotel del Luna, people has been wanting for LSK to do cameo too... It will be fun, I guess, but they wouldn't even let those two sit side by side at Baeksang (yes, I'm still salty about it) so the chance is veeeery slim, that and I think his schedule is already full with Kingmaker and Siberia...

• Like 1

@sadiesmith, LSK and JRW have confirmed!

The drama was set to air at the end of 2019!

Yasss! So happy!

https://m.news.nate.com/view/20190725n05542

https://www.hancinema.net/lee-sun-kyun-and-jung-ryeo-won-confirm-starring-roles-in-prosecutor-civil-war-131916-amp.html#click=https://t.co/H002m23agM

LogoHanCinemaAMP.jpg

Lee Sun-kyun and Jung Ryeo-won Confirm Starring Roles in "Prosecutor Civil War"

photo1085160.jpg

Lee Sun-kyun and Jung Ryeo-won are headlining the new jTBC drama "Prosecutor Civil War".

"Prosecutor Civil War" is an office drama about prosecutors and it's based on the original best seller by Kim Woong. It depicts the story of ordinary prosecutors living day by day in the local city, not the glamorous legal professionals in the media.

Lee Sun-kyun, who has proved once again to be a trusted actor through "Parasite", appears in "Prosecutor Civil War" as prosecutor Lee Seon-woong. Lee Seon-woong is a member of the second division of the criminal department of the Jinyeong branch, who seems to be nice-looking and relaxed, but has a different side to him that's unlike his appearance. As Lee Sun-kyun's heavy acting tone boasts roles and high synergy rates, Lee Sun-kyun's image is already raising expectations.

Actor Jung Ryeo-won has been cast to play Cha Myeong-joo, an elite prosecutor who was assigned to the far-off camp overnight, while on a roll at the Central District Prosecutors' Office. Her girl-crush appeal is highly anticipated in this drama.

Based on the solid best-selling book, "Prosecutor Civil War" has emerged as one of the most anticipated dramas in the second half of this year due to the reunion of PD Lee Tae-gon-I and writer Park Yeon-seon of "Age of Youth" and "Age of Youth 2" and the joining of lead actors Lee Sun-kyun and Jung Ryeo-won. "Prosecutor Civil War" will be aired at the end of 2019.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1340981wpp/lee-sun-gyun-and-jung-ryeo-won-confirmed-for-new-jtbc-drama

Lee Sun Gyun And Jung Ryeo Won Confirmed For New JTBC Drama

Jul 25, 2019
by C. Hong

Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won have confirmed their casting in JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama!

Both actors were previously announced to be in talks for their roles. The drama is tentatively titled “Civil War of Prosecutors” (literal translation) and is set to be an office drama that tells the realistic story of prosecutors’ daily lives.

It is based on a bestseller of the same name by an actual prosecutor named Kim Woong. While most dramas about prosecutors tend to show very high-profile trials, Kim Woong’s collection of essays focuses on the ordinary, day-to-day events of prosecutors who work in district offices around the country.

Lee Sun Gyun has been cast as a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong, who works at the Public Prosecutor’s Office in his local district. On the outside, he looks a bit slow and like he has no ambitions in life, but his inner self is different from what he appears on the outside.

Jung Ryeo Won has been cast as the elite prosecutor Cha Myung Joo, who was rising on the ladder of success at the Central District Prosecutor’s Office before being sent to a branch office.

The drama is expected to air sometime near the end of 2019.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Everyone can do the the happy dance now. :D I am not familiar with this director's past works, but many people really enjoyed Age of Youth, so that's a good sign. And I know this is not billed as a romance, but from reading the synopsis, if this were not a LSK drama, no one would have thought there wouldn't be a love line between the leads. Unfortunately we all know he's kinda allergic to romance anything at the moment. Hahaha... 

Will this play after the second season of Aide?

Until an official drama thread is created, I guess we'll all post here: https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/lee-sun-gyun-jung-ryeo-won-new-jtbc-drama/

20190725_125358-660x400.jpg

Lee Sun Gyun & Jung Ryeo Won Team Up With “Age Of Youth” Writer-PD Tandem In New jTBC Drama

By abbyinhallyuland | July 25, 2019

ALL IS SET FOR JTBC’S NEWEST DRAMA STARRING RELIABLE ACTORS LEE SUN GYUN AND JUNG RYEO WON.

Based on the best-selling book 검사내전 Prosecutor Civil War (literal translation) by Kim Woong, Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won challenge what seemed to be a healing drama, depicting the less romanticized lives of prosecutors.

Marie Claire

Scheduled to air at the end of the year, the workplace drama would focus more on prosecutors working in local districts.

Returning to the small screen since the well-loved series, My Mister, Lee Sun Gyun takes the role of public prosecutor Lee Seon Woong. Fresh from the success of the film Parasite, the actor aims to immerse as the main hero of the story. Additionally, this will be Lee’s first legal drama.

95240314.1.jpg

Image Credit: Harper’s Bazaar

Meanwhile, Jung Ryeo Won who has delighted viewers in last year’s Wok of Love, will portray the role of an elite prosecutor. Interestingly, Jung won the hearts of many in her role as Ma Yi Deum in top-rating KBS2 drama Witch’s Court as a lawyer. Thereby, her upcoming role raises anticipation on how she will fair as a prosecutor.

Backing up the production is the creative team of writer Park Yun Sun and director Lee Tae Gon. The two have worked together on the two seasons of Age of Youth. Moreover, their combined works include Beloved Eun Dong and Alone in Love. Both are well-received romance melodramas.

Prosecutor Civil War aims a broadcast date before the year ends on jTBC.

Source: Sports Chosun