Quantcast
Guest suzziee

Lee Seon Gyun 이선균

2 hours ago, widala said:

I dont know how they calculated an actor's salary, CYJ and PSD undoubtedly are talented actresses but LSK and CWS definitely have more "star power" (beside their acting skills). That they happened to be men, I guess that's the problem... Koreans have been sensitive about gender issues especially after the Me Too movement...

This might be the article talking about how much the actors were paid. Apart from SKH, the other actors didn't make that much actually.

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=435401

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Hahaha... I never thought to play it as romantic in my head. I actually picture it asked by an insecure person. Yours is definitely a better idea, but considering this is not a "happy" movie, I don't know. 

I took that line completely out of context, but turned it's not what I think it is... If I talk about it more it will be a spoiler :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Anyway, I think I have spoiled myself a little too much, and that makes me mad. :(

Me too! I really need to stop reading those posts on Twitter...

• LOL 1

From all of the similar interviews, I think this is the first article I read where they ask him his wife's reaction about his lovescene in Parasite

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/412892/

His answer is short. 

"I didn't have anything special to say. My wife watched the movie. She thought she enjoyed it." 

I wonder what was the point of asking such questions? It's work, nothing personal.

Maybe because Jeon Hye Jin is also an actress?

What did they expect his answer would be?

Anyway, talking about JHJ, her new drama Search: WWW is totally recommended!

4 hours ago, widala said:

From all of the similar interviews, I think this is the first article I read where they ask him his wife's reaction about his lovescene in Parasite

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/06/412892/

His answer is short. 

"I didn't have anything special to say. My wife watched the movie. She thought she enjoyed it." 

I wonder what was the point of asking such questions? It's work, nothing personal.

Maybe because Jeon Hye Jin is also an actress?

What did they expect his answer would be?

Anyway, talking about JHJ, her new drama Search: WWW is totally recommended!

Korean actors seem to get that kind of questioning a lot during interviews. Good for him to keep his answer very short.

• Like 1

@widala, thanks for posting this on twitter. You seem to have been spoiled as much as I have. At least you'd get to see the movie in just a few days whereas I have to wait months!!! :bawling:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@widala, thanks for posting this on twitter. You seem to have been spoiled as much as I have. At least you'd get to see the movie in just a few days whereas I have to wait months!!! :bawling:

Haha yes, I have been totally spoiled.

Sometimes I search keyword 이선균 on Twitter and do quick translate on the posts just for fun, and this one time I stumbled into a major spoiler! I stopped reading immediately but I couldn't unsee the spoiler :sweatingbullets:

If they are planning to bring Parasite to Oscar, is it possible that Parasite casts to attend the Oscar?

Haha, just my wishful thinking, hoping to see LSK in a tuxedo again :D

30 minutes ago, widala said:

Sometimes I search keyword 이선균 on Twitter and do quick translate on the posts just for fun, and this one time I stumbled into a major spoiler! I stopped reading immediately but I couldn't unsee the spoiler :sweatingbullets:

That's exactly what happened to me except on a different site, not twitter. Still very mad at my lack of self control. Now I don't know whether to try to avoid everything all together (very hard) or say what the heck, I've been spoiled anyway, so why not just find out everything now.

No, I don't want LSK to be attending Oscar as I would rather have him busy shooting his new drama. :D

• LOL 1

Eight millions admissions for Parasite!

Congratulations!

Looks like he's in the middle of filming King Maker

• Like 1

Parasite stage greeting schedule

His hair though... Like they dragged him out of the bed to take this pic :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

14 hours ago, widala said:

His hair though... Like they dragged him out of the bed to take this pic :sweatingbullets:

And I'll bet he couldn't wait to get back in bed, and Woo-shik had to hold his arm firmly to make sure he was not running away. :D

• LOL 1

@sadiesmith, help! :bawling:

I'm a bit confused about the translation of this sentence

“’킹메이커’ 끝나고 8월 말부터 ‘검사내전’이라는 JTBC 드라마 하기로 했어요.

http://www.issuedaily.com/news/news_view.php?ns_idx=222968

Was he saying he will be filming Kingmaker until the end of August, after that he will do the JTBC drama. Or, he will start filming the drama on late August?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, widala said:

@sadiesmith, help! :bawling:

I'm a bit confused about the translation of this sentence

“’킹메이커’ 끝나고 8월 말부터 ‘검사내전’이라는 JTBC 드라마 하기로 했어요.

http://www.issuedaily.com/news/news_view.php?ns_idx=222968

Was he saying he will be filming Kingmaker until the end of August, after that he will do the JTBC drama. Or, he will start filming the drama on late August?

My guess is as good as yours, but I think he's saying he will start the JTBC drama at the end of August. Kingmaker has been filming for a while now, and films usually don't go on and on shooting forever because of cost. To still be shooting until the end of August would not be a good thing for the whole team. It does mean that LSK never rests if he jumps right to this JTBC project so soon after Kingmaker. Hope he can continue to do a good job playing so many different characters in such short time. I am very curious who they have secured to direct and write the screenplay. And can Jung Rye-won please confirm already? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

My guess is as good as yours, but I think he's saying he will start the JTBC drama at the end of August. Kingmaker has been filming for a while now, and films usually don't go on and on shooting forever because of cost. To still be shooting until the end of August would not be a good thing for the whole team. It does mean that LSK never rests if he jumps right to this JTBC project so soon after Kingmaker. Hope he can continue to do a good job playing so many different characters in such short time. I am very curious who they have secured to direct and write the screenplay. And can Jung Rye-won please confirm already? 

Yes, that's what I thought so too. 

Kingmaker started from the end of March. I dont really know the average time to film a movie, but I think 3-4 months is enough?

Hopefully, they wrap it up soon so he will have time to rest before starting the drama.

LSK and Jeon Hye Jin have been busy this year. Beside drama Search : WWW, she also has a movie coming out with Lee Sung Min "The Beast".

Waiting for more news about the drama, at least the writer, PD and the leads confirmation...

1 hour ago, widala said:

Yes, that's what I thought so too. 

Kingmaker started from the end of March. I dont really know the average time to film a movie, but I think 3-4 months is enough?

Hopefully, they wrap it up soon so he will have time to rest before starting the drama.

3 to 4 months is average, especially since this is not an action or high thriller movie. 

1 hour ago, widala said:

LSK and Jeon Hye Jin have been busy this year. Beside drama Search : WWW, she also has a movie coming out with Lee Sung Min "The Beast".

Yeah. Who's taking care of the kids? :)  LSK's wife is working with so many of his past co-stars, Lee Sung Min, Im Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong. I was already a fan back in the days when every one of LSK's dramas will also have LSM as part of the cast. Now LSM himself has become a formidable lead actor that who knows when we will see them working together again. 

I am hoping that either the SKY Castle or Radiant director will direct the new JTBC drama. They're both associated with that company and seemingly free at the moment. 

• Like 1

From Ha Jung Woo's "Walkhouse Company"

There's a short appearance by LSK.

He's a dropout! :sweatingbullets:

Subtitle by fans

Continuation from above video

More on LSK and Hawaii Marathon

Translation by fans

• LOL 1

@widala, that "walking school" thing is so funny. :D He said he'd just walk "homeschool" style from now own. LOL!

Here's another translation:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@widala, that "walking school" thing is so funny. :D He said he'd just walk "homeschool" style from now own. LOL!

"Don't contact me!" :lol:

Now we know why his time was behind the others at the marathon... Poor LSK...

It was so nice he was determined to get the medal for his sons.

Hopefully he's all better now...

17 hours ago, widala said:

"Don't contact me!" :lol:

Now we know why his time was behind the others at the marathon... Poor LSK...

It was so nice he was determined to get the medal for his sons.

Hopefully he's all better now...

Yes, I hope his foot has recovered fully. What a terrible disaster it would be if he had to be "out of commission" due to injury. 

Here's an article talking about his wide range, from playing romantic roles to many many more, but also how he's also turning his co-stars into "legends." I am still hoping someday the Korean audience would also appreciate him more. My Ajusshi and Parasite surely have propelled him to the forefront, whether or not he will get the best offers from this point remains to be seen.

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/232413

• Thanks 1