Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

On 5/7/2019 at 2:13 PM, sadiesmith said:

Have you read any reactions since Jo Pil Ho was released on Netflix? It seems that people are actually enjoying it?

The reactions are still mixed, but it seems people outside SK are enjoying the movie, maybe because they're not really affected with Sewol tragedy. The criticism usually goes to the story....

The movie is also released as VOD in SK, the reactions are also mixed. Some of the Koreans seems don't mind with Sewol tragedy background, but some still criticize that aspect of the movie...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, widala said:

The reactions are still mixed, but it seems people outside SK are enjoying the movie, maybe because they're not really affected with Sewol tragedy. The criticism usually goes to the story....

The movie is also released as VOD in SK, the reactions are also mixed. Some of the Koreans seems don't mind with Sewol tragedy background, but some still criticize that aspect of the movie...

Thanks. One English review didn't recommend it either, again because of the contrived ending. Can't wait to see it myself.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, sadiesmith said:

Thanks. One English review didn't recommend it either, again because of the contrived ending. Can't wait to see it myself.

Watched Jo Pil Ho last night :thumbsup:

This review more less voiced my thought about the movie.

• Thanks 1

Glad he decided to look the part to match this huge stage. :wub:  And what a reception! 8 minute standing ovation! He was lucky the talented director chose to cast him. I have been anxious to check out the reviews out of Cannes but at the same time trying really hard not to run into anything that would spoil my watch. Hope to see the movie before too long. 

Here's one more shot:

Image result for ì´ì ê· 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I read the comments from the Cannes screening on your Twitter. Those are crazy superlatives! This is one movie I would want to see in the theater. Hope it comes to my area.

At first, I didn't expect much. Because the Director himself said he didn't expect much from the non Korean audience since he think the movie is "too Korean", but I guess the issue in the movie is pretty universal, combine with Director's visions and the amazing line of casts, makes Parasite an exceptional movie :thumbsup:

So happy LSK got this chance. No matter if he's not the leading role, being a part of this and get to go to Cannes is something to be proud of.

It was said that there's a lovescene between CEO Park and his wife :wink: but since the movie is rated 15+, I guess it will be a kdrama level :D

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, widala said:

At first, I didn't expect much. Because the Director himself said he didn't expect much from the non Korean audience since he think the movie is "too Korean", but I guess the issue in the movie is pretty universal, combine with Director's visions and the amazing line of casts, makes Parasite an exceptional movie :thumbsup:

So happy LSK got this chance. No matter if he's not the leading role, being a part of this and get to go to Cannes is something to be proud of.

It was said that there's a lovescene between CEO Park and his wife :wink: but since the movie is rated 15+, I guess it will be a kdrama level :D

Yes, to all you said. It's such an honor to be part of a team invited to Cannes. But a lovescene? Where did you read that? I just hope there's some kissing because I think LSK needs to get over his fear of kissing his co-star already :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 5/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, sadiesmith said:

But a lovescene? Where did you read that? I just hope there's some kissing because I think LSK needs to get over his fear of kissing his co-star already

From this article

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000511237

Haha, yes... Please do some kissing, LSKnim! I believe Bong Joon Ho as the director would not let any bad shot scenes see the light of day :D

Another interview

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001107829

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2019 at 11:36 PM, widala said:

Watched Jo Pil Ho last night :thumbsup:

I finally saw it. Took me two days to finish as I kept falling asleep during the first half. What a hot mess of a movie. Definitely not something I would ever watch if not because LSK is in it.

• LOL 1

Yes!!! What a big win for director Bong. Congratulations to him and the whole team. Sooo glad Lee Seon Kyun got this gift of working on this project. 

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/cannes-film-festival-2019-winners-1203225973/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/live/2019/may/25/cannes-film-festival-2019-palme-dor-winner-announced-live

Looks like director and lead actor Song Kang Ho stayed around for the awards ceremony.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes!!! What a big win for director Bong. Congratulations to him and the whole team. Sooo glad Lee Seon Kyun got this gift of working on this project. 

Yes, so happy that he's in the team :thumbsup:

It was said that the movie will be distributed to 192 countries. Hopefully, my country is included.

Congratulations to Parasite!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, widala said:

It was said that the movie will be distributed to 192 countries. Hopefully, my country is included.

Given that there are only 195 countries in the world, chances are your country will be included. :D

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Given that there are only 195 countries in the world, chances are your country will be included. :D

True :sweatingbullets:

Now, let's hope that it will open long enough... Unlike PMC, which only opened about a week in my city and I didn't get the chance to watch it :(