Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

No wonder there was no news on Kingmaker; they were having issues with the distributing company. Now that Showbox is picking it up, let's hope things go smoothly from here and they can finish shooting quickly. I want him to confirm his next drama soon. :)

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11781195

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why there's no further news about Kingmaker...

I hope everything will run smoothly too and the schedule won't clash with Parasite promotion...

Interview

https://movie.v.daum.net/v/20190314160836525

He said he's currently filming Kingmaker and in a low carb diet to fit the character...

Nah, I don't believe you, LSKnim, until I see shirtless photos of you :D

Just kidding... Please stay healthy!

11 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

He looks so boyish, too. Hoping the Korean audience will like Bad Police, but I am a bit worried. 

I've read a review somewhere (forget to save the link, I'll add later) that the movie was good until 2/3 of the movie, then it's started to lose focus... But they said his acting is impressive...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, widala said:

Interview

https://movie.v.daum.net/v/20190314160836525

He said he's currently filming Kingmaker and in a low carb diet to fit the character...

Nah, I don't believe you, LSKnim, until I see shirtless photos of you :D

Just kidding... Please stay healthy!

I've read a review somewhere (forget to save the link, I'll add later) that the movie was good until 2/3 of the movie, then it's started to lose focus... But they said his acting is impressive...

Really, they said his acting was good? Please share the link if you can find it.

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Really, they said his acting was good? Please share the link if you can find it.

I found the link...

I hope I didn't make a mistake while reading the translation...

5 hours ago, widala said:

Another review

http://m.dtoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=300623&adView=&refChk=1

Seems like the movie is not very well received...

@sadiesmith, what do you think?

I agree with you that the reviews I have read so far have not been very glowing. They all seemed to say the story seems forced instead of developing naturally. The use of the Sewol disaster was a risk, and the PD knew that. This one even points out that LSK's own persona came out a little too strong and he did not disappear into the role. :( Still hoping it would do decently at the box office.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Here's a review saying the film lacks in originality and through no fault of his own, LSK's role came out looking much like the one in A Hard Day

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VGMIJPNYE

This is a pretty nice review...

But, it's true that the theme is nothing new... And too bad that Cho Pil Ho as a character doesn't offer something fresh...

Found some reviews in English

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20190314000492

https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190315005400315?

Like other reviews, they criticized the movie....

But, at least they didn't speak bad about LSK's acting...

Anyway, I think the official English title is pretty cool Jo Pil Ho : The Dawning Rage B)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I am confused. Did they change the official title of the movie?

Yes, it seemed like they did. Jo Pil Ho : the Dawning Rage is what's written on the tickets...

Is he confirmed for that JTBC drama after all? Can we do the happy dance yet?

[Interview] "Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage" Star Lee Sun-kyun Is Busy in Film 

photo1045252.jpg

Actor Lee Sun-kyun interviewed regarding his latest film, "Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage".

He's been busy with the release of his latest film and he's going to start filming "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election" in April. "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election" is about a politician who dreamed of being president and a man crafted genius strategies in the 1960s to the 70s.

Lee Sun-kyun says, "The movie starts production in March and we start filming in April. This is my first period piece. It's going to be an important movie for me and I feel the weight of the pressure. I am working with such amazing cast and staff, but I have to do well for them. I feel anxious".

"Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election" stars by Sol Kyung-gu, Lee Sun-kyun, and Yoo Jae-myung. As a result, they have to go through the process of competing with other movies starring the same actors. Sol Kyung-goo alone starred in "Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage" and "Idol" which come out on the same day. 10 actors from the movies "Idol", "Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage" and "Money" are starring in "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election".

Lee Sun-kyun says, "10 actors from three different movies star in "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election", so I can't ask them to watch. All three movies are good movies and hopefully they create a synergy of success".

Lee Sun-kyun is also awaiting the release of director Bong Joon-ho's "Parasite". In a family where everyone is unemployed, their only hope Gi-woo (Choi Wooshik) goes for a tutor interview at Mr. Park's (Lee Sun-kyun). About this film, Lee Sun-kyun says, "I am sure it will receive good results because we have a trustworthy ally on board".

Expectation for the Cannes is likely as it is directed by Bong Joon-ho. "I saw the line-up of directors for the Cannes this year and it was amazing. There is a chat group and news comes up every day. Wooshik makes a list of directors from Canada and sends them. I would like to go but I would have to check my movie schedule first".

Lee Sun-kyun is also appearing in the JTBC drama "Prosecutor Civil War", which comes out in November and he says, "I think I can fit in about 4 pieces this year".

Meanwhile, "Jo Pil-ho: The Dawning Rage" is a story about a bad cop standing up to an even worse society.

Source : /news.nate.com/view/2...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:32 PM, sadiesmith said:

Is he confirmed for that JTBC drama after all? Can we do the happy dance yet?

Ugh, I already put on my dancing shoes but I'm scared to jinx it...:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, widala said:

Ugh, I already put on my dancing shoes but I'm scared to jinx it...:sweatingbullets:

On the other hand, I am so disappointed and sad his new movie tanked at the box office. :bawling:  He should go back to his roots and only movies about relationships now. Lol.