Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

11 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

That very affectionate saranghae at the end of the phone call with wife Jeon Hye Jin! :wub:  Such a sweetheart. I never realized Koreans end their phone calls with I love you until LSK came along. They do it all the time here in the States, but people here are generally more open with showing affection

Yes, I love how casually he said that.

You haven't watch the earlier episode? He also made a phone call to home on ep 3, and he ended it with Saranghae... So sweet...

While I know LSK is not the only Korean who did that, but I'd like to think that this is very LSK.

He's very affectionate, showing his love for people close to him by hugging and touching, and JHJ, I don't know, seems like more on the reserve side.

Like in the clip, he said saranghae and her answer is only an acknowledgement sound :sweatingbullets:

But I think that's why they're a good match. They balance each other out. 

This week is the last episode if I'm not mistaken... I'm gonna miss him and the team...

What do you think about the show?

Will you like it if LSK wasn't in it?

For me, honestly, I think the show could be made to be more exciting... I don't know... Maybe they should add more games while they're on the train? It's a bit boring, even the members seemed bored, all they do is eat and sleep :sweatingbullets:

I understand why LSK did the intermittent fasting, maybe it's already his habit, but he also needed to look in a suit for his drama, and by the look of things if he didn't, he would gain a considerable weight...

But I love it when they visited the tourism locations. I wish they made those parts longer...

And, if only they added English sub to their YouTube channel, because some of the videos are different from the episodes...

Anyway, I really do wish they'll do season 2.

The members are already solid, all they need to do is tighten the concepts a bit and maybe try travelers' bucket list other locations :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, widala said:

Yes, I love how casually he said that.

You haven't watch the earlier episode? He also made a phone call to home on ep 3, and he ended it with Saranghae... So sweet...

While I know LSK is not the only Korean who did that, but I'd like to think that this is very LSK.

He's very affectionate, showing his love for people close to him by hugging and touching, and JHJ, I don't know, seems like more on the reserve side.

Like in the clip, he said saranghae and her answer is only an acknowledgement sound :sweatingbullets:

But I think that's why they're a good match. They balance each other out. 

This week is the last episode if I'm not mistaken... I'm gonna miss him and the team...

What do you think about the show?

Will you like it if LSK wasn't in it?

For me, honestly, I think the show could be made to be more exciting... I don't know... Maybe they should add more games while they're on the train? It's a bit boring, even the members seemed bored, all they do is eat and sleep :sweatingbullets:

I understand why LSK did the intermittent fasting, maybe it's already his habit, but he also needed to look in a suit for his drama, and by the look of things if he didn't, he would gain a considerable weight...

But I love it when they visited the tourism locations. I wish they made those parts longer...

And, if only they added English sub to their YouTube channel, because some of the videos are different from the episodes...

Anyway, I really do wish they'll do season 2.

The members are already solid, all they need to do is tighten the concepts a bit and maybe try travelers' bucket list other locations :thumbsup:

I don't think I would even consider watching if LSK weren't in it. I am not interested in watching variety shows in general. Heck, I don't even watch dramas all that much, although at the moment I am watching Vagabond and Camellia. That said, I have liked the episodes  I've watched of Siberian Pathfinders. Sure, nothing much happened, but I really enjoyed this bunch and their camaraderie. They made me laugh a lot. They probably are the most un-glamorous bunch of actors ever. I wonder, though, why the official Soompi thread has been so quiet lately. Maybe I'll go over there and post the same thought.

• Like 1

Do you guys think LSK will attend Blue Dragon Awards?

Parasite gets a lot of nominations, they probably will come as a group.

It doesn't matter LSK didn't get any nomination... I just want to see him all dressed up :D

Although I know he's still busy shooting the drama...

21 hours ago, widala said:

Do you guys think LSK will attend Blue Dragon Awards?

Parasite gets a lot of nominations, they probably will come as a group.

It doesn't matter LSK didn't get any nomination... I just want to see him all dressed up :D

Although I know he's still busy shooting the drama...

I have a feeling he won't attend just because he doesn't usually attend unless nominated. 

On a different note, he's almost done shooting the new drama. It's about time he announces his next project. :D

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I have a feeling he won't attend just because he doesn't usually attend unless nominated. 

*sigh...I guess you're right... 

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

On a different note, he's almost done shooting the new drama. It's about time he announces his next project. :D

Probably not a drama because it's too soon, although I don't mind at all :D

A movie? Pathfinders season 2?

I feel torn.

On one side, he's been very busy from last year, and I want him to rest and spend time with his family.

But, on the other side, I want to see him in more projects, continually...:unsure: 

Anyway...

Jeon Hye Jin has a new movie!

With Ha Jung Woo (again :D), Ma Dong Seok and Suzy :thumbsup:

The movie sparks a little controversy because Suzy plays as HJW's wife. Age difference 16 years.

Everytime there's a large age gap on screen couple, I was reminded of all the criticism LSK and My Ahjussi went through... Still saddened me...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, widala said:

I feel torn.

On one side, he's been very busy from last year, and I want him to rest and spend time with his family.

But, on the other side, I want to see him in more projects, continually...:unsure: 

How about just one movie with a very very good director and script? That's all I'm asking.

I don't want to sound "romance crazy," but it's good to know I'm not the only one feeling trolled by the latest teaser of the prosecutors eating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, widala said:

Anyway...

Jeon Hye Jin has a new movie!

With Ha Jung Woo (again :D), Ma Dong Seok and Suzy :thumbsup:

Jeon Hye Jin gets to act alongside the biggest movie stars in South Korea, more than her husband does. I guess it helps that she is a woman and not quite exactly in leading role territory yet. 

• Like 1

How about just one movie with a very very good director and script? That's all I'm asking.

Yes, me too...

Too bad Jo Pil Ho is a flop.

I think the movie is not that bad, but people was already cautious because it used a very sensitive issue as the backstory and the director didn't handled it properly...

I mean, after the movie is on Netflix there are good reviews from Koreans, especially about JPH and Mina connection. It's my favorite part in the movie. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. A bit similar to PDH and LJA, without the longing looks :D.

Could be the director try to make something new using the old formula that once successful, but instead failed miserably...

Hoping for the best for Kingmaker and his future projects

Jeon Hye Jin gets to act alongside the biggest movie stars in South Korea, more than her husband does. I guess it helps that she is a woman and not quite exactly in leading role territory yet. 

Like LSK said, she's the better actor than him :lol: and she has good reputation as a trusted actress.

I hope she'll be the lead someday, in a movie or a drama. But, I don't know... Entertainment industry is not very friendly with older women.

While middle age actors still can get to pick their roles, actresses past certain age sometimes stuck in a certain role, such as mother or divorced...

But, with the rise of woman centric dramas and movies, (and noona romance B)) I hope things will get better...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Didn't realize Blue Dragon was last night. I guess LSK chose not to attend after all. Did everyone else in the cast attend?

Everyone is there, except LSK, Choi Woo Sik, and Jang Hye Jin

I guess he was busy with the drama.

Siberia team also had a gathering last night, but he didn't attend either

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, widala said:

Everyone is there, except LSK, Choi Woo Sik, and Jang Hye Jin

I guess he was busy with the drama.

Siberia team also had a gathering last night, but he didn't attend either

Maybe only the nominees got invited?

I didn't know the Siberia team had another gathering. They are becoming a close bunch, aren't they? This was like the 3rd gathering after the returned? Is there another episode next week?

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Maybe only the nominees got invited?

Maybe... 

In his acceptance speech, dir. BJH made a shout out to Choi Woo Sik. 

(translate by Google :D)

"And CWH, who is watching this award at home because despite having a lot of time and no schedule, wasn't invited. Woo Sik, thanks!"

I don't know if it's true or he was just joking... 

I'm not surprised if LSK wasn't invited because, well, his role is small, but CWS played a major character and even if he didn't get any nomination, he deserves to be there too...

18 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I didn't know the Siberia team had another gathering. They are becoming a close bunch, aren't they? This was like the 3rd gathering after the returned? Is there another episode next week?

I think it's kind of like a wrap up party.

I haven't heard any announcement about 10th episode, so I guess the 9th is the last one?

I will miss them all...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a pleasant surprise to see LSK at number 24. His wife is ranked #22. I guess doing variety really helped.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368672wpp/november-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-announced

November Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Nov 29, 2019
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from October 29 to November 30.

Lee Young Ae, the star of the new crime thriller “Bring Me Home,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 8,046,382. High-ranking phrases in the actress’s keyword analysis included “Bring Me Home,” “age,” and “mom,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “return” and “appear.”

Gong Yoo took second place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 5,276,458, while Kim Eung Soo followed in third place with a total index of 4,502,991.

Actress Gong Hyo Jin came in at a close fourth with a brand reputation index of 4,309,452, while Lee Jung Jae rounded out the top five with a score of 4,302,448 for November.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Lee Young Ae
  2. Gong Yoo
  3. Kim Eung Soo
  4. Gong Hyo Jin
  5. Lee Jung Jae
  6. Jo Yeo Jeong
  7. Honey Lee
  8. Kwon Sang Woo
  9. Lee Byung Hun
  10. Ma Dong Seok
  11. Jo Jin Woong
  12. Moon So Ri
  13. Ha Jung Woo
  14. Kim Hye Soo
  15. Yoo Jae Myung
  16. Heo Sung Tae
  17. Oh Jung Se
  18. Park Seo Joon
  19. Moon Geun Young
  20. Hyun Bin
  21. Yoon Kye Sang
  22. Jeon Hye Jin
  23. Kim Hee Ae
  24. Lee Sun Gyun
  25. Jang Hyuk
  26. Son Ye Jin
  27. Ryu Jun Yeol
  28. Jang Dong Gun
  29. Kim Hee Won
  30. Kim Nam Gil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

What a pleasant surprise to see LSK at number 24. His wife is ranked #22. I guess doing variety really helped.

I saw this article before but didn't open it because I thought he won't be on the list :sweatingbullets:

Yes.

TSP, the CFs also upcoming drama help his exposure :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

A mention of LSK in Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/12/10/five-korean-tv-dramas-to-see-the-parasite-actors-shine-in/#5ffa17a17c97

Lee Sun Kyun

Lee Sun-kyun's character in 'My Mister' is rescued from a humdrum life when he helps a vulnerable ... [+]

TVN

Lee Sun-kyun plays the father of Parasite’s well-to-do Park family and although his character is not quite a villain, he’s a pretty shallow and generally unlikable. Lee plays a very different role in My Mister, a TV drama about a middle-aged man, whose life changes when he helps a vulnerable girl, played by singer-actress IU. It’s easy to see how Lee’s Parasite character is an example of acting skill after seeing his subtle, tender performance in My Mister. Lee is also known for his roles in the dramas Pasta and Coffee Prince.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ugh, Hodu Ent needs to promote LSK more...

Since TSP, I can't help but to compare how Kim Nam Gil's agency keep posting about him with their own photos or videos (not from TSP footage), while Hodu Ent just using TSP's.

And now, JRW's agency is posting her photos and doing countdown while Hodu Ent do almost nothing. Just reposting some stuff from JTBC and only posting their own photo of LSK a few days ago.

I mean, with so many social medias, it's so easy to promote something or someone. And with competition so fierce like nowadays, even artists with big name still need to stay relevant...

Look it this article. It's full of JRW's photos from making the poster and teaser.

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27070127&memberNo=29770009&vType=VERTICAL

Why can't Hodu Ent makes something like this for LSK?

Sorry, I just need to rant :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/15/2019 at 1:56 AM, widala said:

Why can't Hodu Ent makes something like this for LSK?

Do they promote their bigger stars a little better? 

On 12/15/2019 at 1:56 AM, widala said:

Look it this article. It's full of JRW's photos from making the poster and teaser.

Was this released by KeyEast?

Do they promote their bigger stars a little better? 

To be fair, it seems like they don't really promote all of their artists :sweatingbullets:

They housed some of the biggest names in SK entertainment industry, like Song Kang Ho and Kim Hye Soo.

By the attention Parasite gets lately, you would think that Hodu will post many of SKH's achievements...

Was this released by KeyEast?

Yes...

And, finally!

LSK bts photos!

Thanks Hodu, better late than never :P

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27005607&memberNo=35214926

• Like 1