Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@widala, thanks for posting this on twitter. You seem to have been spoiled as much as I have. At least you'd get to see the movie in just a few days whereas I have to wait months!!! :bawling:

Haha yes, I have been totally spoiled.

Sometimes I search keyword 이선균 on Twitter and do quick translate on the posts just for fun, and this one time I stumbled into a major spoiler! I stopped reading immediately but I couldn't unsee the spoiler :sweatingbullets:

If they are planning to bring Parasite to Oscar, is it possible that Parasite casts to attend the Oscar?

Haha, just my wishful thinking, hoping to see LSK in a tuxedo again :D

30 minutes ago, widala said:

Sometimes I search keyword 이선균 on Twitter and do quick translate on the posts just for fun, and this one time I stumbled into a major spoiler! I stopped reading immediately but I couldn't unsee the spoiler :sweatingbullets:

That's exactly what happened to me except on a different site, not twitter. Still very mad at my lack of self control. Now I don't know whether to try to avoid everything all together (very hard) or say what the heck, I've been spoiled anyway, so why not just find out everything now.

No, I don't want LSK to be attending Oscar as I would rather have him busy shooting his new drama. :D

• LOL 1

14 hours ago, widala said:

His hair though... Like they dragged him out of the bed to take this pic :sweatingbullets:

And I'll bet he couldn't wait to get back in bed, and Woo-shik had to hold his arm firmly to make sure he was not running away. :D

• LOL 1

@sadiesmith, help! :bawling:

I'm a bit confused about the translation of this sentence

“’킹메이커’ 끝나고 8월 말부터 ‘검사내전’이라는 JTBC 드라마 하기로 했어요.

http://www.issuedaily.com/news/news_view.php?ns_idx=222968

Was he saying he will be filming Kingmaker until the end of August, after that he will do the JTBC drama. Or, he will start filming the drama on late August?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, widala said:

@sadiesmith, help! :bawling:

I'm a bit confused about the translation of this sentence

“’킹메이커’ 끝나고 8월 말부터 ‘검사내전’이라는 JTBC 드라마 하기로 했어요.

http://www.issuedaily.com/news/news_view.php?ns_idx=222968

Was he saying he will be filming Kingmaker until the end of August, after that he will do the JTBC drama. Or, he will start filming the drama on late August?

My guess is as good as yours, but I think he's saying he will start the JTBC drama at the end of August. Kingmaker has been filming for a while now, and films usually don't go on and on shooting forever because of cost. To still be shooting until the end of August would not be a good thing for the whole team. It does mean that LSK never rests if he jumps right to this JTBC project so soon after Kingmaker. Hope he can continue to do a good job playing so many different characters in such short time. I am very curious who they have secured to direct and write the screenplay. And can Jung Rye-won please confirm already? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

My guess is as good as yours, but I think he's saying he will start the JTBC drama at the end of August. Kingmaker has been filming for a while now, and films usually don't go on and on shooting forever because of cost. To still be shooting until the end of August would not be a good thing for the whole team. It does mean that LSK never rests if he jumps right to this JTBC project so soon after Kingmaker. Hope he can continue to do a good job playing so many different characters in such short time. I am very curious who they have secured to direct and write the screenplay. And can Jung Rye-won please confirm already? 

Yes, that's what I thought so too. 

Kingmaker started from the end of March. I dont really know the average time to film a movie, but I think 3-4 months is enough?

Hopefully, they wrap it up soon so he will have time to rest before starting the drama.

LSK and Jeon Hye Jin have been busy this year. Beside drama Search : WWW, she also has a movie coming out with Lee Sung Min "The Beast".

Waiting for more news about the drama, at least the writer, PD and the leads confirmation...

1 hour ago, widala said:

Yes, that's what I thought so too. 

Kingmaker started from the end of March. I dont really know the average time to film a movie, but I think 3-4 months is enough?

Hopefully, they wrap it up soon so he will have time to rest before starting the drama.

3 to 4 months is average, especially since this is not an action or high thriller movie. 

1 hour ago, widala said:

LSK and Jeon Hye Jin have been busy this year. Beside drama Search : WWW, she also has a movie coming out with Lee Sung Min "The Beast".

Yeah. Who's taking care of the kids? :)  LSK's wife is working with so many of his past co-stars, Lee Sung Min, Im Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong. I was already a fan back in the days when every one of LSK's dramas will also have LSM as part of the cast. Now LSM himself has become a formidable lead actor that who knows when we will see them working together again. 

I am hoping that either the SKY Castle or Radiant director will direct the new JTBC drama. They're both associated with that company and seemingly free at the moment. 

• Like 1

From Ha Jung Woo's "Walkhouse Company"

There's a short appearance by LSK.

He's a dropout! :sweatingbullets:

Subtitle by fans

Continuation from above video

More on LSK and Hawaii Marathon

Translation by fans

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@widala, that "walking school" thing is so funny. :D He said he'd just walk "homeschool" style from now own. LOL!

"Don't contact me!" :lol:

Now we know why his time was behind the others at the marathon... Poor LSK...

It was so nice he was determined to get the medal for his sons.

Hopefully he's all better now...

17 hours ago, widala said:

"Don't contact me!" :lol:

Now we know why his time was behind the others at the marathon... Poor LSK...

It was so nice he was determined to get the medal for his sons.

Hopefully he's all better now...

Yes, I hope his foot has recovered fully. What a terrible disaster it would be if he had to be "out of commission" due to injury. 

Here's an article talking about his wide range, from playing romantic roles to many many more, but also how he's also turning his co-stars into "legends." I am still hoping someday the Korean audience would also appreciate him more. My Ajusshi and Parasite surely have propelled him to the forefront, whether or not he will get the best offers from this point remains to be seen.

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/232413

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Here's an article talking about his wide range, from playing romantic roles to many many more, but also how he's also turning his co-stars into "legends." I am still hoping someday the Korean audience would also appreciate him more. My Ajusshi and Parasite surely have propelled him to the forefront, whether or not he will get the best offers from this point remains to be seen.

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/232413

The problem (in my opinion) is that the entertainment industry, especially drama, seems to prefer to cast younger actor/actress with pretty face despite the acting skills, and those idols turned actors since they already have fanbase.

For example, the older actresses from Sky Castle had many compliments and won awards, but we haven't heard about their new dramas while the younger ones already have.

It's hard for older actors, but it's harder for older actresses... Sometimes it irked me when an older actor was cast as the lead but was paired with younger actress with less experience when there's a lot of talented actresses out there.

But hopefully there will be more dramas like My Ahjussi, Sky Castle and the recent Search WWW... And the audience will be more critical and expecting more quality dramas with quality actors, not just some pretty face...

Anyway, talking about pretty face, I think LSK really looking handsome during these Parasite promotions, although sometimes he still wore questionable clothes :D

• Like 2

I think his Parasite interview keeps getting republished with more and more details. They probably tried not to include anything that would in any way spoil the watching experience in the earlier versions, but now that everyone has had a chance to watch (except us here in the US :bawling:), they were free to publish the complete interview.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23506006&ctg=1501

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I think his Parasite interview keeps getting republished with more and more details. They probably tried not to include anything that would in any way spoil the watching experience in the earlier versions, but now that everyone has had a chance to watch (except us here in the US :bawling:), they were free to publish the complete interview.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23506006&ctg=1501

I think they unofficially lifted the spoiler ban when that one actor we never seen before in interview and trailer made an appearance (when the cast celebrating the 5 million admissions).

I remember thinking, who is this guy? Since then his interviews begin to emerge which I didn't read because I'm afraid of spoilers :sweatingbullets:

10 hours ago, widala said:

The problem (in my opinion) is that the entertainment industry, especially drama, seems to prefer to cast younger actor/actress with pretty face despite the acting skills, and those idols turned actors since they already have fanbase.

For example, the older actresses from Sky Castle had many compliments and won awards, but we haven't heard about their new dramas while the younger ones already have.

It's hard for older actors, but it's harder for older actresses... Sometimes it irked me when an older actor was cast as the lead but was paired with younger actress with less experience when there's a lot of talented actresses out there.

But hopefully there will be more dramas like My Ahjussi, Sky Castle and the recent Search WWW... And the audience will be more critical and expecting more quality dramas with quality actors, not just some pretty face...

I agree with you, but the situation seems to be improving. I can't think of a recent drama where the male lead is much older than the female lead. If anything, it's going the opposite way where the female is a lot older, sometimes quite unnecessarily so. 

10 hours ago, widala said:

Anyway, talking about pretty face, I think LSK really looking handsome during these Parasite promotions, although sometimes he still wore questionable clothes :D

Yeah, not my favorite outfit, but they obviously were trying to match him with his onscreen wife. And like you said, he looked a little thin in it; they should have given him a size smaller.

2 hours ago, widala said:

I think they unofficially lifted the spoiler ban when that one actor we never seen before in interview and trailer made an appearance (when the cast celebrating the 5 million admissions).

I remember thinking, who is this guy? Since then his interviews begin to emerge which I didn't read because I'm afraid of spoilers :sweatingbullets:

Me too, but I learned a bit about him anyway. So hard to avoid spoilers especially in a few days it will be released in Malaysia and Singapore where the majority of people write in English. Did you get your ticket yet? I'm assuming you're from that part of the world.

• Like 1