Jang Nara ♥ 장나라 ♥ チャンナラ| [Current Drama 2023/2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드 - Sat & Sun @ 2110KST

gm4queen

Interesting... Jang Nara is indeed considering an offer to star in An Empress's Dignity. Apparently the previous reports were false in that the character she was reportedly casted in is the second lead role, but she's apparently up for Oh Seo-ni, who will be the primary lead of the drama. The article also emphasised that Sung Yuri was set to play the secondary female lead. Let's just say that was unnecessary and a tad tactless. I mean, surely just stopping at the clarification is enough. This makes things slightly awkward between the actors lol.

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002817474

• Like 1

Didn't know Soompi did a write up here. Anyway, Sung Yuri has already rejected the casting offer, so the article is inaccurate. I'm inclined to think that SSR is the male lead, simply because of the role he plays and the order by which their offers were announced. SYR -> CJH -> SSR -> JNR.

Dramabeans has got more details on the plot and character desciptions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, anopinion said:

Didn't know Soompi did a write up here. Anyway, Sung Yuri has already rejected the casting offer, so the article is inaccurate. I'm inclined to think that SSR is the male lead, simply because of the role he plays and the order by which their offers were announced. SYR -> CJH -> SSR -> JNR.

Dramabeans has got more details on the plot and character desciptions.

Yes it’s official now.  JNR & CJH & SSR are in ‘Empress’s Dignity’ :)   Btw someone mentioned in 'ED' thread  that SSR's character might be a villain??

Jang Nam-ra, Shin Sung-rok, Choi Jin-hyuk,  Confirmed 'Empress's Dignity' "script Reading 9/6"

LODUWqD.jpg

The leads of the new SBS drama 'Empress' s Dignity' have been confirmed.

Jang Na-ra, Shin Sung-rok, Choi Jin-hyuk, Shin Eun-kyung will appear in the new SBS drama "Empress's Dignity" They will have their first script reading on 9/6 at the Tanhye Center in Gyeonggi-do.

Jang Na-ra is going to play a musical actress, Oh Sunny.  She has a lifelong dream to be on stage as a musical heroine and to live as is for the rest of her life, but in reality, she is a professional substitute actress whom directors want to avoid. One day after living as an unnamed musical actress,  she becomes the people’s Cinderella, an empress.

Shin Sung Rok plays the absolute power Lee Hyuk, who is the emperor of Empire of Korea.  Having a  remarkable talent in making money, he has revived more than 30 imperial enterprises and has amassed enormous wealth. He also knows how to control people.  He has a good-looking appearance and brilliant rhetoric.

Choi Jin-hyeok plays Na Wang Sig, 120kg, the imperial guard. He is a rascal who talks with cuss words and has a habit of ordering around his underlings.   No one can fight with him as he is a natural fighter who has a quick mobility though he’s big.

Shin Eun-kyung portrays Mama-empress Kang who is a loving mother for her son but for her daughter-in-law, she is a mighty mother-in-law.   She is a queen bee who is called ‘a sword woman’ because she has no fears and holds a royal power but she is a natural enemy to Grandma-empress. The affection for the son is beyond the morbid level.

‘Empress’s Dignity’ is a story about a young and beautiful musical actress who suddenly becomes Cinderella one day by marrying the emperor,  and fights against the absolute power of the palace,  and, after Grandma-empress’s murder, breaks down the imperial court  and finds true love and happiness.

Kim Soon-ok (‘Temptation of Wife’  ‘Jang Bo-ri is Here!’  ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’  ‘Band of Sisters’)
writes the script and Joo Dong Min PD (‘Return’) directs it.  It will be broadcast in coming November.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002825645

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! 

First look at the  New Nonstop 2018 documentary/reunion special.  Very excited for this.  Glad that they've all made time to appear in this  despite their busy scheds. 

https://twitter.com/withMBC/status/1046595559144939523

Credits to MBC

Any updates on her upcoming drama though? Much as I love the reunion with Choi Jin Hyuk, am excited to see JNR's  chemistry with Shin Sung Rok. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I seriously don't know what Jang Nara has to do to get a Daesang. The Last Empress is the top rated drama on free TV with a lot of hype as well. She is the hot favourite this year but SBS opted to give it to the leads in Shall We Kiss First. She was one of the favourites last year but KBS didn't even give her Top Excellence. What the richard simmons?

21 hours ago, anopinion said:

I seriously don't know what Jang Nara has to do to get a Daesang. The Last Empress is the top rated drama on free TV with a lot of hype as well. She is the hot favourite this year but SBS opted to give it to the leads in Shall We Kiss First. She was one of the favourites last year but KBS didn't even give her Top Excellence. What the richard simmons?

Actually, I would think that the fact that The Last Empress lost because it's just half-way through the series... No enough material to convince the judges for a straight win I guess. We haven't really gotten much of Jang Nara's character growth yet as of now. But she has been showing hints of potential so far... If the drama was scheduled for 2019 Awards, then she would have gotten the Daesang for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JN_0.jpeg

Our spotlight series continues, this week with Jang Nara. Jang Nara is currently starring in the successful SBS drama An Empress’s Dignity, and has already won an SBS Best Actress award for her performance as a naive musical actress who finds herself married to the Emperor of the Korean Empire. The role showcases what Jang Nara does best: cute and innocent at first glance, but when threatened or wronged, full of spunk and fighting spirit. Jang Nara is famous for the sweet girlish quality that she brings to her roles, and it’s to her credit that she brings this flavor while also making each of her characters distinctive and three-dimensional.

Read more @ http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/actor-spotlight-jang-nara/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...