Jang Nara ♥ 장나라 ♥ チャンナラ| [Current Drama 2023/2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드 - Sat & Sun @ 2110KST

gm4queen

anopinion said: Anyway, for the Sina interview, they were actually really bad to her. In the title of the article it says that she's not attracted to Chinese man, which led to quite a few malicious comments from people who didn't read through the article. She just said that she doesn't know whether she's going to marry a Chinese guy since she hasn't met anyone she liked in so many years. It's really, I may put it a little harshly, unethical journalism. And they even brought up the 2009 issue again. *sigh*

pinaycliza said: anopinion said: Anyway, for the Sina interview, they were actually really bad to her. In the title of the article it says that she's not attracted to Chinese man, which led to quite a few malicious comments from people who didn't read through the article. She just said that she doesn't know whether she's going to marry a Chinese guy since she hasn't met anyone she liked in so many years. It's really, I may put it a little harshly, unethical journalism. And they even brought up the 2009 issue again. *sigh*

anopinion said: Well, that's my aim 10 years from now too, not that I'll be a full-time housewife, but I think most people will want a family :)
Anyway, for the Sina interview, they were actually really bad to her. In the title of the article it says that she's not attracted to Chinese man, which led to quite a few malicious comments from people who didn't read through the article. She just said that she doesn't know whether she's going to marry a Chinese guy since she hasn't met anyone she liked in so many years. It's really, I may put it a little harshly, unethical journalism. And they even brought up the 2009 issue again. *sigh*

@bjharm -ssi, OMG That is so rude.  No intelligent humans would do that to any famous person.  Good think Nara-ssi is able to move on despite those destroying news.  That is why some Korean artists are committing suicide, because of depression.  You know what ^bjharm, I did not know about that news.  Nara-ssi was able to bury those bad news with her sweet appearance, it really doesn't show anything negative with that bubbly image.
Either way, Nara-ssi doesn't care about it.  Stay bubbly as you are, Nara-ssi!!!  We love you!!!~~ :x :x :xpeah2UI.jpg
original pics cr: watermarked

lets see. When did I get know of JN..it would be most like 2006 as it was Bratty Princess that made me a fan enough to buy the dvd of the drama, took six month to get it as it was out of stock. Back then I was watching japanese anime and hong kong kung fu films, from there it was Hong Kong anicent drama and then mainland ones. Ariel Lin was my interest, even belonged to her fan club, I saw her in a the mainland production of The Little Fairy 2005 and that really got me into interent sub sites to find more of her dramas, mainly TW like Love Contract and of course It Started With A Kiss, in there some place I found Bratty Princess, most like Datticts [same voice actress that did JN also did Ariel Lin in her drama] and for a time I was bouncing back and forth to Ariel and JN, it wasnt untill I heard JN sing that she became my number one and that of course lead to K-drama..so funny enough K-drama was almost my last drama country I started watching, though these days I also watch the odd Thai drama. Lets see there was also Rainie Yang [princess of cute], Joe Chen, Maki Horikita, Michelle Ye and Maeda Atsuko [Acchan] who I have held more than what one would call a 'normal' interest in over the years of course if we really going back to my teenage years it would be Lis Sladen from Doctor Who way back in the early 70's {Sarah Jane Smith} who was my first..well odsession :-)

January 27, 2015
Jang Nara, "To have children before forty, I should get married within two years"
Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net
photo556919.jpeg
Jang Nara shared her thoughts about marriage and having children.
On January 27th, Sina.com, the Chinese media released an interview with Jang Nara, who starred as a lead in the romantic dramas, 'Fated to Love You' and 'Mister Baek'
When she was asked to compare Jang Hyeok and Sin Ha-gyoon, whom Jang Nara costarred with in 'Fated to Love You' and 'Mister Baek', she said, "Both of them are kind and great actors. I could not feel any difference. It's just that they have their own styles".
When a reporter complimented her on her 'Youthful face', she responded humbly, "I myself used to think I looked younger for my age before. But I think I look for my age now".
About her thoughts on marriage and children, she said, "I'm single currently. I'd like to meet a kind-hearted and healthy guy. But if there are too many conditions, then it'll be hard to meet". She also added some witty comments saying, "I think I should start dating and get married before 37 years old. In that way, I can have children before I'm 40 years old. But these are only thoughts".
Jang Nara said, "I'm looking into my next work. Although a discussion is going on about a Chinese drama, it's not confirmed yet. I hope I could meet my Chinese fans through the drama as I am thankful for the works done in China. I hope all of you are happy and healthy in the upcoming year of sheep. I hope your dreams come true in 2015. Thank you for everything".
Jang Nara crowned three awards including Top Excellence Award for Actress, Popularity Award, and Best Couple Award, from the 2014 MBC Drama Awards last year for her roles in 'Fated to Love You' and 'Mister Baek'.

Currently none of the fans know if she has accepted any new project.. All we know is she is enjoying her life now.. Kekeke~~

But from the soompi article, they mention that wuli Nara is in the midst of discussing on new drama.. Let's wait for more updates~ hehe

For the latest interview video by SINA, a lot of netizen was bashing Nara in the comment section.. *i m holding back all the scoldings right now* but pls just ignore all the comments! Don't bother replying them.. Better still, don't go and read them! It's already in the past already and those who keep digging out the past shld just be a historian and not be a reporter.. -.-

jeslyn1996 said: Currently none of the fans know if she has accepted any new project.. All we know is she is enjoying her life now.. Kekeke~~ But from the soompi article, they mention that wuli Nara is in the midst of discussing on new drama.. Let's wait for more updates~ hehe For the latest interview video by SINA, a lot of netizen was bashing Nara in the comment section.. *i m holding back all the scoldings right now* but pls just ignore all the comments! Don't bother replying them.. Better still, don't go and read them! It's already in the past already and those who keep digging out the past shld just be a historian and not be a reporter.. -.-

I’m just going to translate the interview bits from the Sina article. I think they actually summarized her responses, so it's not what she said exactly but you can watch the video for that.
Q: The ratings for the two dramas you did last year in Korea, Fated to Love You and Mr. Back were quite good, can you tell us more about them?
Fated to Love You is a story about two people who meet under unusual circumstances and go on to know each other, eventually marrying each other. It's a good story. Mr. Back talks about an old man who had the opportunity to go back to his 30s. It's an interesting story about that and also how he met his love.
Q: How was it working with Jang Hyuk and Shin Ha-kyun? What were the differences in their acting and personalities?
I didn't feel that they were very different. The two of them are both good at acting and have very kind personalities.
Q: Congratulations on receiving 3 awards at the MBC Drama Awards. Will you be focusing on activities in Korea or China in the future?
It's not confirmed yet, but no matter where it is, the more important thing is that I get to participate in good projects.
Q: You've recently celebrated your 5000th day of debut. Can you summarize your acting career thus far?
I didn't even realise that it has been more than 5000 days since my debut. I'm really surprised. In all, now that 5000 days have passed, I'm at a new point in my career and there are new challenges to face and I have to be prepared for that. When I'm acting in China, a lot of people call me teacher, and that makes me embarassed. In Korea, only the really experienced seniors are called teachers, and usually you have to be more than 40 years old for that. Perhaps it is a difference between our cultures.
Q: What is your plan for the year? What upcoming activities do you have in China?
I'm currently reviewing scripts. Nothing has been confirmed yet for activities in China. I was in discussions for a drama a while ago, but it's not confirmed yet, so I can't reveal much.
Q: Which Chinese star do you wish to work with?
I hope that I can act with my co-star Gao Hao in Diao Man Qiao Yu Yi again. He is really good at acting, he respects people and is really polite. I think he's the best I have met among the Chinese male actors.
Q: What are your secrets to maintaining your youthful face?
I don't think that I'm baby-faced. The key thing is to work hard in life.
Q: Do you worry that your roles will be limited because of your cute appearance?
I used to feel that way, but not so anymore.
Q: Do you like to stay at home or go out when you're taking a break?
I like to stay at home, it's more comfortable for me. I've been trying to go out more lately, but my hobbies such as reading manhwa and doing make-up are more of the stay-at-home type of leisure activities. So I do spend more time at home.
Q: What is your ideal type?
I think he should be healthy and kind. I think it'll be hard to find one if my expectations are too high.
Q: Do you value appearance more than anything else when looking for a partner?
No, I think I'm too old for that.
Q: Do you strike first when you meet someone you love or do you wait for a confession?
I think confessing first is difficult.
Q: Have you wooed a guy before?
No, but I confessed to someone before and I succeeded.
Q: When do you plan to get married and have kids?
I think I have to get married before 37 to have kids before 40.
Q: Do you have someone in mind right now?
Right now, no.
Q: There are a lot of Korean actresses marrying Chinese men recently. Do you think that is a possibility for you?
I really don't know, but I haven't met anyone after working with so many Chinese stars.
The last question is the 2009 one, which I think there's no point in translating anyway.
Cr. Sina

Guest Lindahz

In regards to bringing up the 2009 incident and all the bashing comments.. AHEMtumblr_nemvlgu1HL1tqsfrio1_500.gif
bjharm said: lets see. When did I get know of JN..it would be most like 2006 as it was Bratty Princess that made me a fan enough to buy the dvd of the drama, took six month to get it as it was out of stock. Back then I was watching japanese anime and hong kong kung fu films, from there it was Hong Kong anicent drama and then mainland ones. Ariel Lin was my interest, even belonged to her fan club, I saw her in a the mainland production of The Little Fairy 2005 and that really got me into interent sub sites to find more of her dramas, mainly TW like Love Contract and of course It Started With A Kiss, in there some place I found Bratty Princess, most like Datticts [same voice actress that did JN also did Ariel Lin in her drama] and for a time I was bouncing back and forth to Ariel and JN, it wasnt untill I heard JN sing that she became my number one and that of course lead to K-drama..so funny enough K-drama was almost my last drama country I started watching, though these days I also watch the odd Thai drama. Lets see there was also Rainie Yang [princess of cute], Joe Chen, Maki Horikita, Michelle Ye and Maeda Atsuko [Acchan] who I have held more than what one would call a 'normal' interest in over the years of course if we really going back to my teenage years it would be Lis Sladen from Doctor Who way back in the early 70's {Sarah Jane Smith} who was my first..well odsession :-)

Thank you so much for translation, @anopinion . ;))  OMG, she is so humble in answering questions, and always with the safe answers. :D  For me, I think she is being offered to star in a Chinese drama, but she's still thinking about it so no confirmation yet. :))  I remember in Healing Camp, her mom makes Nara-ssi hurry up and get married~ :))

bjharm said: lets see. When did I get know of JN..it would be most like 2006 as it was Bratty Princess that made me a fan enough to buy the dvd of the drama, took six month to get it as it was out of stock. Back then I was watching japanese anime and hong kong kung fu films, from there it was Hong Kong anicent drama and then mainland ones. Ariel Lin was my interest, even belonged to her fan club, I saw her in a the mainland production of The Little Fairy 2005 and that really got me into interent sub sites to find more of her dramas, mainly TW like Love Contract and of course It Started With A Kiss, in there some place I found Bratty Princess, most like Datticts [same voice actress that did JN also did Ariel Lin in her drama] and for a time I was bouncing back and forth to Ariel and JN, it wasnt untill I heard JN sing that she became my number one and that of course lead to K-drama..so funny enough K-drama was almost my last drama country I started watching, though these days I also watch the odd Thai drama. Lets see there was also Rainie Yang [princess of cute], Joe Chen, Maki Horikita, Michelle Ye and Maeda Atsuko [Acchan] who I have held more than what one would call a 'normal' interest in over the years of course if we really going back to my teenage years it would be Lis Sladen from Doctor Who way back in the early 70's {Sarah Jane Smith} who was my first..well odsession :-)

@Lindahz Hi yes it was nice to see Ariel happily married, she had a rather hard life, with her father disappearing and leaving the family in dept, forcing her into the entetainment industry at such an early age, then of course the brain tumor needing surgey in recent times. Ariel has meet JN, her univ major was Korean lang, so when JN was of in TW once Ariel interveiwed her for a TV show.
Doctor Who..:-) well those that watched the new doctors normaly go for Rose, Amy or Clara,while those that watched the old Doctors tend to remember Sarah Jane or say Ace, Lis Sladen is RIP sadly to cancer, you should watch her sarah jane adventures sometime.

Whoa.. I was looking at DC and saw this pic there and I thought this was her pic from before.. just realized that it is a recent picture, it was taken prior to her interview in Sina.  Well, can't blame her for being with her ageless appearance. =))7DCeau0.jpg
cr: shokoshoko1964