[drama 2007] Me Ri, Dae Gu's Attack And Defense Battle '메리 대구 &#

Guest yeohweping

Guest ^w-nGz^

oh i just finished watching this drama..

the actors are great and the storyline is lighthearted & funny...

ji hyun woo is so cute when he smiles..

and lee hana is so cute (she reminds me of han ji hye soo much)

i like this drama....

its soo funny~~ hehehe

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it comes out on DVD soon so I can re-watch it. At first, I also thought that there really wasn't any well-defined storyline - no big issues or any major conflict. But somehow, it's refreshing and likeable. And I agree that the acting is actually quite good, from all four main characters. But no offense, I really don't like Merry's mother. =.=

But I'm just wondering: is Lee Ha Na really singing the whole time in the drama? Because it was her, she's pretty good! I was surprised by how clear her English was.

Guest thesarahchong

I just finished watching Episode 10 last night, and realized I never posted in this thread.

I have to say that I truly love this drama. I had been watching it on and off the first few episodes because I had somewhat of a busy summer schedule and couldn't catch them on TV often, but after a while-- I couldn't miss even a minute of it.

The drama is so.. quirky. So odd and strange and the characters are completely over-exaggerated, yet it is extremely enjoyable. I think there is actually a lot more depth to the storyline than the production lets on and it's disappointing to hear that this series wasn't as successful as it should have been. I love the detailing of each and every character and how even the antagonists are loveable. The protagonists aren't perfect and they're even shallow-- Merry isn't some beautiful nice girl and Daegu is not a rich, handsome bachelor. Soran has feelings too and Dojin is just.. lol, funny.

So yeah, one of the most under-rated series of the year.

Guest Petronella

This is definitely one my favorite dramas to watch. It's so refreshing after watching several historical dramas (Jumong, Hwang Jini, etc) the story line is so quirky and funny, I just love it. The characters are so fun to watch it really has me laughing. I especially love the guy that plays Dae Gu, he's so cute. I think I have a big crush on him. :sweatingbullets: Lee Ha Na who plays Me Ri is so adorable I just love her voice. Now I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I watch it whenever I want. Can't you tell I just love this drama! lol :D

Guest wakeupdance45

I just finished watching episode 12 and I can't help but say that this is one of the most under-rated Korean dramas this year. It's different from other Korean dramas in the sense that the plot is simple, the characters aren't perfect (but still extremely likable!), and did I mention it's HILARIOUS? I actually feel happier after watching. Ji Hyun Woo and Lee Ha Na are such a cute couple! It's nice to watch a drama about two people trying to achieve their dreams even though many people are putting them down.

This drama is currently showing in LA. It's unique and funny, the problem with it is that it doesn't have a well defined, linear storyline. It's really just a comic soap opera with funny, exaggerated characters looking for love and career success.

This drama caught me by surprise because it's nothing like the typical formulaic Korean dramas. It's like an independent art house film in the U.S.. Ji Hyun Woo and Lee Ha Na are great in this.

I hope the poor ratings don't kill this type of artistic expression in the future. I like to see our Korean producers trying new things, holding the KDrama up as an art form.

^ good points about the drama. yeah some characters are exaggerated, a little too much sometimes. but the two leads, meri and daegu, are good. imo the story isn't that different from other kdramas, you know focusing on how two people come to like each other. but the focus seems different. lol shows that even two baeksus can find happiness with each other (not the rich guy + not rich girl or the not rich guy + rich girl kind of deal).

someone mentioned about daegu's hair. i think it's fine :lol: matches his character quite well. meri pulls off pigtails well too. :lol:

Guest J*aime

hahaha i saw an episode of this drama today on our korean cable at home. lol. this drama is soo weird and hilarious. hahaha the way they talk sounds soo dramatic and weird. hahaha. has this drama ended?

gonna have to agree with some of the posts above! that this is the most underated drama of the year :\

this is probbaly just me but daegu & meri is the most CRAZY/QUIRKY couple i've ever come across from in a korean drama

i really enjoy watching them together and interesting to see that there is no rich boy/poor girl situation plot line

and hate to sound like cliches to everyone elses comments, but this is SO REFRESHING AND INTERESTING!

the characters might be a little weird but seriously, if you have not seen this drama, you really should go check it out, you cannot help but laugh and find yourself rooting for the character

also, i've seen Ji Hyun Woo in Over the Rainbow and at frist thought his character was really cute and romantic but then the story started dragging and end up really not liking the series at all! didn't like the character he plays in the drama either and kinda forget about him as an actor after series ended

but then when i saw meri & daegu again, instantly remembered him from OTR and couldnt believe it's the same actor!

his fro hair is an attention grabber but it really suits his character, and meri's pig tails is what most memorable about her style! (because throughout the series, daegu keeps referring to her as "the pretty girl with pig tails hair??")

ahh i can go on all night listing all kind of things i like about the series

story doesnt drag on and on at all

daegu feelings for meri is somewhat inspiring (the way he profess his feelings to her is SO very different from the way guys profess feelings to girl in typical korean drama---you'll see what i mean when you watch the series)

guranteed to have you laugh out loud MORE THAN ONCE in each episode

and i hope this doesnt spoil for anyone but one of the funny lines from the convo with daegu & meri goes something like this (forgot the EXACT lines they said, but its something similiar i think???):

meri: your hair smells nice, what shampoo do you use? (because his hair is weird and big, she had assumed that it would be dirty and smelly, but when they hugged, it surprised her to find it was indeed clean and nice!)

daegu: i use laundry detergent *smirks at meri and then asks* do you want to touch my hair XD???

and then i think meri looks like she wanted to but denies it???

does anyone remember exactly??

but daegu really do says rediculous things to meri (corny, cheesy, you name it) and he's so forward about his feelings for her (not like the wishy washy guys trying to profess feelings to girl in other series) so it was really cute and new to see a character like this coming out!

Guest russkelp

Just watched the last episode today. I really enjoyed the show, and the cast was tremendous. Loved that all the characters were so over the top.

Lee Ha Na was great, a much different character than in her last show, When Spring Comes. Look forward to watching Alone In Love. I really like her in comedic roles, and her singing moments, Good!

Ji Hyun Woo and his hair were terrific, I saw parts of Over The Rainbow, and noticed that he has charisma, but he really is quite tall and had great chemistry with Lee Ha Na. Pretty good singer and guitar player.

I wasn't too keen on Wang Bit Na at first, but she grew on me, and now I will check out her new show with Kim Nam Jin, who I also liked in New Wise Mother, Good Wife.

My favorite moment of the show was in the convenience store when Me Ri and the owner were speaking in English and Dae Gu got aggravated and screamed at them to stop speaking in English.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Dae Gu's Fan Made MVs

I love this drama so much and the OSTs that's why I made the MVs. Love the chemistry between Ji Hyun Woo and Lee Ha Na...Merry and Dae Gu are such a quirky people that made really for each other..Even the neighbours are so envious of this couple.. :P

Ji Hyun Woo look so cute with his "broccoli alike" hair style..I mean afro style and Lee Ha Na really has a great voice and great acting. Sometimes, Merry reminds me Jung Eun who played by the late Jung Da Bin in Attic Cat.. Just click the link if you like to watch..

I love most of the scenes..especially when Merry and Dae Gu went to the market to buy clothes and they acted like model.. um..the quirky models.. :lol: :lol: ..Everytime I watch this scenes that I captured for the MVs I still can't help to laugh.. :D

1)MV Merry DaeGu-The Ballad of Merry and Dae Gu

Song:The OST "One and One" By JI HYUN WOO

2)MV Merry DaeGu-Sweet Moments

Song:The OST "Remember" By The Melody

3)MV Merry DaeGu-Dream Comes True Theme

Song:The OST "Geu Dae Hon Ja Il Ddae" By Lee Ha Na

4)MV Merry DaeGu-Merry and Dae Gu Duet

Song:The OST "Geu Dae Hon Ja Il Ddae" By Lee Ha Na and Ji Hyun Woo

5)MV Merry Dae Gu-Dae Gu and Dad Guitar Duet

Song:The OST "Dol Ah Oh Ra Sorrento Ro (Edited Acoustic Guitar Version)" By Lee Young Ha And Ji Hyun Woo

• 4 months later...
Guest quexido

I've got to watch this drama! So quirky and fun, expecting more outrageous performance by Lee Ha Na, like in Alone in Love.. B)

Guest quexido

Awww... I simply adore this drama! The exchanges of love between Dae Gu and Me Ri are so sweet and innocent, they really melt the heart! :) :) :)

Kudos too to the PD for exploring this unique way of presenting the drama, just like a musical

• 1 month later...

Archived