[Drama 2007] Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점

Rebby

Hello Coffee Prince page, I'm newbie in Soompi forums and I'm so happy that I found this page, let me join you guys:) ah... This is always be my home. Coffee Prince is my first love that takes me to dramaland. The brilliant of productions, actors are attract me to fall deeper and deeper, day by day to this show. It's never get old for me.

The OSTs definitely on my playlist till now.

The actors are so loveable, super amazing quality of act. I fell hard for Gong Yoo since then.

And now I missing you guys! Love Coffee Prince forever:wub:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you miss Coffee Prince?

Want to listen all the amazing OSTs in one while imagining about Coffee Prince scenes and memories of it?

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince OST Songs Compilation - The Journey (FMV) is a summary project of how Coffee Prince stole our heart with its light-not-so-light plots, amazing acts, emotions and feelings that expressed with unbearable OSTs. I'm in Goblin withdrawal (esp. of Gong Yoo presence in my mini-screen), feel so thrist of him right now and remember that Gong Yoo also wants to keep the 'Coffee image' of him on his IVs so... Here is the tracklist :

== [PROLOGUE: MEETING YOU AS A MAN] 00:00 ==
01. Belle Epoque - May 00:00
02. The Melody - La La La, It’s Love 00:38
03. Tearliner Feat. Yozoh - Go Go Chan! 01:00
04. Tearliner - Wishy Washy Boy 01:16
05. Tearliner - Children (아이들) 01:34

== [THE COFFEE PRINCE FATE] 02:18 ==
06. The Melody - Polly 02:18
07. Humming Urban Stereo Feat. Yozoh - How’s The Cup of Coffee? (커피한잔 어때) 03:07
08. Ink Spots - The Java Jive 03:35

== [THOSE GROWING FEELINGS, A WHITE LOVE STORY] 03:53 ==
09. Casker - Mocha 03:53
10. Tearliner - Raincoat (A Passing Rain Ver.) 06:18
11. Donawhale - Running 06:52
12. As One - White Love Story 07:59
13. Misty Blue - Comfort (위로) 12:28

== [ACROSS THE BOUNDARIES] 12:51 == 
14. Low-End Project - I Know I’m Why The Romance Failed (연애를 망친 건… 바로 나라는 걸 알았다) 12:51
15. Loveholic - Flowerpot (화분) 13:37
16. Lucid Fall - Does It Show? (보이나요) 15:04
17. MNI Min Jae (민재) - For A While 15:17
18. Azure Ray - Across The Ocean 17:20
19. Kim Yeon Woo (김연우) - I Must Not Know What Love is (나는 사랑이 뭔지 모르나봐요) 19:20
20. Arco - Alien 23:02
(this across the boundaries is my favorite part!)

== [NO BALLOONS NOR CHAMPAGNE] 26:22 ==
21. Ephemera - Balloons & Champagne 26:22
22. Tearliner - A Ray of Sunlight (햇살 한 조각) 27:38
23. Adult Child - Make Up 28:29
24. Adult Child - Sad Thing 29:12
25. Maximilian Hecker - I’ll Be a Virgin, I’ll Be a Mountain 31:44
26. The Melody - Goodbye 32:46
27. Arco - Perfect World 34:24
28. Low-End Project - Love is Weaken When It Comes Out of Mouth 35:31

== [THE LIGHT THAT LEADS TO YOU: CHESTNUTS SCENE SPECIAL] 36:50 ==
29. Tearliner - Regretto 36:50
30. Tearliner - Coffee Aroma Excitement (커피향 설레임) 37:54
31. Tearliner - Good Memories (좋은 기억) 39:06

== [SUGAR, YES PLEASE] 41:02 ==
32. Casker - Washed Out Confession (바랜 고백) 41:02
33. Tearliner - Space Island (Moon Ver.) 44:32
34. The Melody - Paradise 48:07
35. Tearliner - Novaless 49:46
36. Gong Yoo - I Love You (너를 사랑해) (Han Doong Joon Cover) 51:21

== [SMILE FOR ME, AGAIN] 53:22 ==
37. Cloud Cuckoo Land - Again (다시) (Acoustic Ver.) 53:11 
38. Bluedawn - Last Arpeggios 56:07
39. Tearliner - Beach Trip (바다여행) 58:43

== [EPILOGUE: THE 2ND SHOP OF COFFEE PRINCE(SS)] 01:00:13 ==
40. Fanny Fink - November (11월) 01:00:12
41. Cloud Cuckoo Land - Coffee is 01:01:41
42. EZ Hyung - Hello Barista 01:03:01

===

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (커피프린스 1호점) a.k.a Coffee Prince (2007) starred Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye. All time favorite songs, the first Korean drama that I love and still number #1. Take the nostalgic! Happy reminiscing good times from this amazing show, people^^

• 5 months later...

Tumblr reminded me that it has been 10 years since Coffee Prince first aired! Some of the fans are recapping and discussing the series again to celebrate the occasion! :)

http://noonasoverforks.com/coffee-prince-episode-1/

@CatchMine_ID @Noor90

tumblr_oshm7gVl8A1w4ttd5o1_250.gif

cr: https://mykinggongyoo.tumblr.com/post/162528630541/coffee-prince-10th-anniversary-july-2-2007

1 hour ago, staygold said:

Tumblr reminded me that it has been 10 years since Coffee Prince first aired! Some of the fans are recapping and discussing the series again to celebrate the occasion! :)

http://noonasoverforks.com/coffee-prince-episode-1/

@CatchMine_ID @Noor90

tumblr_oshm7gVl8A1w4ttd5o1_250.gif

cr: https://mykinggongyoo.tumblr.com/post/162528630541/coffee-prince-10th-anniversary-july-2-2007

Thank u for tagging me , Coffee prince will always my favorite drama , HK & EC my favorite couple .

Discussion about CP , makes me miss this drama again , I think it's time to rewatch it

aaaaah I missed the day, but w h o a. Already 10 years since this masterpiece born :heart::heart::heart: @staygold @Noor90 (also I'm calling @2handsintertwined) and all CP lovers

want to tell you this experience, it's beautiful feeling that 6 months ago, and recently 1 week ago, I find people still commenting about this show on my page, not much but... Then I'm sure this show always has special spot in our heart :):)

ugly vid but feels so right to play it now to celebrate it!!! :D:D

2 hours ago, CatchMine_ID said:

aaaaah I missed the day, but w h o a. Already 10 years since this masterpiece born :heart::heart::heart: @staygold @Noor90 (also I'm calling @2handsintertwined) and all CP lovers

want to tell you this experience, it's beautiful feeling that 6 months ago, and recently 1 week ago, I find people still commenting about this show on my page, not much but... Then I'm sure this show always has special spot in our heart :):)

ugly vid but feels so right to play it now to celebrate it!!! :D:D

Thank you for tagging me! Ahhh Coffee Prince I don't know what to say. I can't believe it's already been 10 years since CP came out. I might be a newcomer, but this drama has a special place in my heart too. I agree with @Noor90. It's time to rewatch it :) 

• 1 year later...

Ke3j3.pngI have to say it. Something happened in my (drama fan) life; I watched (or shoud I say discovered) Coffee Prince out of the blue for the first time and as cheesy as it sounds;  things will never be the same as before..

I knew it's existence because of the internet (wiki, streaming sites) but surprisingly I never watched it nor knew anything about the story. It's been 2-3 years that I started to watch k drama again after a-10-year pause (I used to watch them when I was (very) young with mom, grandma and cousins when it was shown on tv. Even though I enjoyed some but as a young boy, it never got me completely and as we emigrated to Europe, I lost in touch with k dramas (  cuz unlike in Asia, they aren't shown on tv) and I was into movies and anime. I rediscovered k drama with Goblin (whitch I enjoyed a lot ) early 2017 and started to (re)watch kdrama since then and saw many great ones (BTIMFL, Mother, Greatest Love,Mr. Sunshine, etc..)and a week ago, I suddenly decided to watch CP on a whim, I knew nothing about the story except the synopsis and OMG, it was .... incredible  ! 

To start of with things I didn't like; I personally  found the 2nd couple very uninteresting (especially HYJ whom I found cool but unnerving, annoying, sometimes all at the same time) and things happening around them. In my 2nd rewatch (yes, I rewatched CP 3 times in a week), I fast forwarded almost all of their moments (except when they're interacting with Eun Chan and Han Kyul) and they have none or so few impact on a overall story. Secondly, I found the 4 last episodes dragging and I felt strongly that many elements are "filleresque" (birth dad,  HS-YJ, "2 years later") and extended alot (HK family's disagreement on his union with EC). 

I strongely felt that if we cut of many things of HS-YJ and crammed last 4-5 episodes into 2,  I thought CP would be a masterpiece, because the rest, espcially the main couple,  is by far one of the best (if not the best)  things I've seen ! 

For a drama made in 2007, I can say that by discovering it for the 1st time in 2019 that CP took the test of time extremely well compared to the others dramas made at that time and many of them are unwatchable now. CP barely got any wrinkles in all aspects(script, directing, editing, music, acting) and still unbelieavlely modern nowadays .

I think PD did an amazing job with directing; I was struck by the first images of drama (food delivery bikes on the streets on Seoul) which is very unusual and striking for a drama. It is directed with such a naturalistic style that we can almost feel the streets. The camera is always put at a right place and captures amazing images (especially EC and HK on his MINI) which resulted many defining moments that are pretty unforgettable (that surreal beach scene, CP concert, HK's acceptance to EC,  chestnut trail, EC taking first moves to HK etc..), all accompanied by a fantastic music composed of many great songs. 

The characters are very well written, defined and developped even the smallest (and the uninteresting) ones. We got attached to all of the characters and all are incredibly human (with qualities and weaknesses) which make us even more attached to them. We remembered all of them long after; Ha Rim, Sun Ki, Min Yeop, Hong Ahjussi, Butcher Ahjussi, Moms, Eun Seo, Han Seong AND OF COURSE HAN KYUL AND EUN CHAN ! 

The showrunner uses usual drama tropes and rules ( poor girl -rich guy) , disguised as a shojoesque manghawa appearance to better bend and explode the boundaries to deliver one of the unique, heart warming, gender transcending love story (with one of the most memorable kiss and love declaration in drama history)

I cannot not talk about Yoon Eun Hye. Without her, Eun Chan couldn't exist and without Eun Chan, there won't be Coffee Prince. She carries the whole drama on her frail shoulders and she is simply EXCEPTIONEL as Eun chan. She makes us laugh, cry, sad, happy, moves us, encourages us, inspire us and makes us fall in love with her and her love towards HK. She is stunning and gives us personally one of the (if not the)  the most remarkable, memorable and moving character portrayal in a rom com drama and forms with Gong Yoo one of the (if not the) most adorable, memorable, cutest couple that graced us on the screen. 

I knew GY as a dokkaebi, freedom fighter and zombie-fighting-father and he still impressed me again as a 29-year-old baby, a sort of Peter Pan with conflicted mind  about his love and sexuality.  I'm not surprised that women fall on him badly because GY is, like Brad Pitt or Hyun Bin, not only a handsome/sexy man but also an amazing actor. HK can makes you angry and seconds later makes you fall in love with him. His acting as a man conflicted and unsure with his feelings is amazing (again this unforgettable beach scene) and finally accepting his feelings towards EC transcending boundaries and loving who she is no matter the gender is simply unforgettable and still a milestone in dramaworld (as few as I've seen) . . 

Like humans, CP isn't flawless but it's it's qualities that makes CP unique and unforgettable. 

HK loves EC for who she is, no matter her gender or her appearance and EC loves HK for everything as well as his defaults and qualities. 

CP makes you want to fight for your dream. CP makes you believe in friendships. CP makes you believe in love. 

Sorry for being 12 years late to comment in ths topic. Now get me out of this drama swamp ! I'm suffering drawback syndrome and I can't pass to another drama or movie. Stuck with Han Kyul and Eun Chan... :tears: 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2007] Coffee Prince 커피프린스 1호점

I am from Holland, and got into Kdrama 10 year ago,thanks to a forumbuddy ( not drama-related) who lived in South Korea for a year at that time. She suggested I should try Korean TV or Movie for a change.

Coffee Prince was a real discovery indeed, and I watched it  several times after that . I have not enough time to visit any forums these days a lot. Coincidence, I landed on a Dutch site that started only 3 months ago, dedicated to Kdrama.

The owner started watching Kdrama and Kmovies only last year, and was very impressed by Coffee Prince.

It is still a pity Yoon Eun Hye, or the people working with her on several dramas after Coffee Prince, could not find back the right track for another serie on that level.

Archived