Permanent Straightening...twice?

Guest whooo!

Guest whooo!

what happens? ._o'
my hair was permanently straightened a while ago, but since then, ive had a couple hair cuts and now only a bit of the tips of my hair remain permanently straightened. what would happen if i got my hair totally straightened again?

would the tips just die? or is there something more horrible to look forward to?

Guest heleNx3kimchi

I'm not too sure, but I don't think it kills your hair or anything. A lot of people straighten their hair once it starts to wear out because they want to keep it permanently striaghtened. My friends do it over a few months into it, and their hair still feels the same.

Guest 831012

that's what happened to me. I had a bit of my tips still straightened, and when I straightened it again, the tips just died. They sorta felt like .. a broomstick. Gross =/

Guest belindalulu

I got my hair done, and the tips are all frizzy but the rest of my hair feel very nice and smooth.. you just gota cut the tips off! And dont die ur hair before chemically straightening cos it kills it..BAD

Guest xCINDERELLA

i have a friend that got her hair permantently straightened (magic straight) more than 10 times..

she's fine though so your hais isnt going to fall out or anything.

Guest Peekoboo

Huh?? Oppss!!! I dyed my hair before the permanent straightening!!!

I hate my hair now.. It's too flat, too boring. I like puffy hair. My stupid cousin persuade me to do it :(

I dont want it straight anymore. Do you guys know how I can make my hair "naturally straight"?? Cuz my hair is uber straight now :(

Guest Honey_Babee

Huh?? Oppss!!! I dyed my hair before the permanent straightening!!!

I hate my hair now.. It's too flat, too boring. I like puffy hair. My stupid cousin persuade me to do it :(

I dont want it straight anymore. Do you guys know how I can make my hair "naturally straight"?? Cuz my hair is uber straight now :(

air dry it?

it adds more frizz and also body to it.

Guest lollypops

I've had it straightened twice as well. My hair was fine at first after the second one, but now (months later) the tips are really damaged.

Guest Jin91

hmmm... I dunno. I've gotten it done (magic straight) once a year for 4 years now and my hair is fine.... but then again, when I reperm, the part of the already permed hair at the bottom has already been permed a year ago so its not so bad. How long ago did you get your hair straightened.

Guest IxAzNMuFFin

uhm -_- i've gotten my hair straightened atleast 8 times, about once a year

i sort of learned to stop though because even though the hair feels healthy, inside it's like -_- not?

yeah it's not good for you because of all the chemicals that are going into your hair

and it's sort of weird now because the hair that was SUPPOSED to be straight from the straightening? yeah it's like curly now.

so everyone's like

OMG an asian with curly hair?

-_______--

but twice isn't bad :D just don't do it like every single year

that's NOT good

Guest 1S0ULL

ive done it twice soo far . and my hair is okay . i guess its okay if you dont keep on doing it after everytime it starts to curl a bit cause the chemicals are still there .

Guest ashes to ashes.

well i wouldn't know since i didn't redo it in a course of like one month.

i got my first one in china and the person who did it said that the first one's always best. after a while, your hair gets used to the chemicals so it won't be as shiny/smooth. but it'll be straight.

then i did it again last summer (one year after) and it turned out okay. my hair's still straight now. just a little frizzy at the top.

Guest miimisunshine

my friend got it once then recently she got it again, her hair looks the same..

me and my friend got a rebond. it last for 6 months the rebond lasts longer if u strighten it out after 6 months. there is a mini it lasts for 3.

we both got ours is the PI.

Guest AngelsKiss

My friend has semi-curly/frizzy hair and she went to get a straight perm but it didnt look straight so she went to a different place & got it done again. They basically did a crappy job at both places so she juss straightened her hair everyday with a hair straightener since it wasnt as curly as before. After a month or two her hair started falling out alot and it snapped really bad, like in chunks i think about an inch from her roots. The lesson here? dont over-process you hair! and i really advise everyone to use conditioner and never ever straight perm your hair twice within a month! pretty much common knowledge =___=

I think you'd be fine though.

Guest all4u

wait so... if i got highlights like 3 months ago it would be bad? like REALLY bad?? cuz i kinda need it.. ppl who have gotten it done after highlights reply please?

Guest viffaye

my friend got her hair straightened @ vietnam

and it was like .. straight and smooth OO "

it looked really natural

like you know when people straighten their hair

it usually looks dead >< "

im so jealous =P

Guest witchyangelkk

Hmm... my mum gets her hair permanently straightened once every six months... and her hair isnt dead at all =D It actually looks quite good ^^

BUT.... i got my hair permanently straighted and dyed... and after a year .. i got it permed.. and its dead =.=" Now i have to resort to oil treatments every day.. *sigh*

So i guess it all depends on hu does ur hair... and how well u treat it =P

S2 HaiKi

Guest MarryMeDear.

I have a friend that has naturally curly hair, so she permanently straightens it like 2 or 3 times every year, and her hair looks fine to me. but i heard your hair grows slower from someone i know if you permanently straighten it too much, but i don't know if it's true.

Archived