[drama 2007] My Man's Woman 내 남자의 여자

Guest C51236

Guest suzziee

Jahye,.. did Ji Soo ask for a divorce in ep 6?

and btw, how long is their affair? Ji Soo's cheating hubby and Kim Hee Ae's character (Hwa Young?)

has it been a while? and how did they start the affair? were they like old-time sweethearts or something?

Hwa Young is Ji Soo's close-friend rite? what a back-stabber friend!

How long they've been at the affair.. if I'm not wrong in ep 1 Hwayoung tells Eunsoo that it started during the New Year and its kinda 4 months in I guess? During some family outing /vacation where Hwayoung and Jisoo's husband apparently had a mutual spark. =>This forces Eunsoo to lose control and they have that cat fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jahye :P

Also it was mentioned that Hwayoung came back from a stint in America and a marriage (her husband died).. so Eunsoo accuses her of becoming some loose woman after her stay there. Something like that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suzziee

Wow. I feel like I'm the only scandal-monger here in Soompi. O_o

Where is everyone else?! I'm completely lapping up this drama... *imagines myself with a perm and making Kimchi* -_-

This drama is completely addicting. From my last post I am proudly caught up till episode 6. Ack. I can't stand Kim Hee Ae's character but I gotta admit she is an individual character... like so much pride and defiance... despite her being in the wrong. And as much as I sympathise with Bae Jungok's Jisoo, I feel like the latter is too clueless... and so I can understnad why her husband would want to stray.. too boring.

Also, are Kim Soo Hyun's male characters always this weak? Like in here and in <Snowflakes> I can safely say I don't have much sympathy for these spineless male characters. :ph34r:

Still, Eunsoo and hubby are my favourite couple... they're just sweet together. :)

Episode 6 uploaded-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KI9781X6

Guest C51236

episode 7 has aired in korea already rite???? does any body know what the TNS ratings for it are???? .... like suzziee has said this drama is addicting.... (well i havent even seen the drama yet... but the screen caps seem intriguing...)

anyway.... usually in dramas... the lead is this nice great, selfless person who gives up what he/she wants for the good of the ppl close to them... blah blah... basically some1 who goes through hardships caused by the significant other trying to steal the person that the lead luvs or by someone who wants the lead...

in this drama... hwa young is tearing a family apart... doing what she wants... blah blah... basically she is the other woman.... (even though she is the lead)....

i'm gonna save a post.... can some1 plz post up episode 8 ratings later....(yes i know... epi 8 has not aired yet....)

Guest teardrop

i thought da ratings were doin well. hope so cuz i enjoy watching dis drama...their words are funny.

and wow the "other woman" is so evil. doesn't even feel sorry...

Wow, in episode 7 they introduced another lead, Lee Jong Won.

Hmm, my guess would be that perhaps he'll be a possible new love interest for Ji Soo?

Actor: Lee Jong Won (Goodbye Sadness) as "Seok Joo Hyun"

*I've seen him in lots of dramas, but for some reason right now I don't remember the rest :lol: *

mymanswomane07kor070423il4.th.jpg mymanswomane07kor070423ju5.th.jpg mymanswomane07kor070423re1.th.jpg mymanswomane07kor070423oh9.th.jpg

mymanswomane07kor070423fm9.th.jpg mymanswomane07kor070423bf5.th.jpg mymanswomane07kor070423ay4.th.jpg

Looks like he plays as Ji Soo's junior? since he calls her "sunbae"? :)

perhaps he liked her or something, hehehe.. ^^

Well, all I gotta say is, YIPPEE!!

That loser husband of hers, argggh. If only they have no kid, Ji Soo is much better off without him!

suzziee, thanks for clearing that up. hehe.. wow.. 4 months only eh?

Hwa Young's husband died and so that's why she went back to Korea?

I wonder what she's doing, daily,.. i mean, it doesn't look like she has a job or anything lol...

All she does usually is just working out on the threadmill... :huh:

Oh, and Eun Soo is my fave also! her and her hubby are the sweetest couple in this drama <3

I wonder what she's doing, daily,.. i mean, it doesn't look like she has a job or anything lol...

Oh, and Eun Soo is my fave also! her and her hubby are the sweetest couple in this drama <3

actually you should say she's usually just lounging around in her lingerie ... :ph34r: i wonder if KHA gets paid for doing lingerie commercial or something in this drama.

anyway ... this drama is sooooooooooooo scandalous. that Hwa-Young is :crazy: ... totally SHAMELESS ... i dun think i have it in me to finish watching this drama. i may end up with a stroke. kekeke

Eun-soo & her hubby is so funny~ kkk

^exupery, haha.. yeah, I should've said that. Hwa Young and her lingerie, and everytime she wears it, ack~ her bad perm and everything.... :mellow:

This series must be getting lowest ratings out of 3 series, Hello Baby and HIT

Wow, I missed your post yesterday for some reason, but, yeah,.. on the contrary, this series is actually getting the HIGHEST ratings out of 3 series. H!M is the lowest, while HIT can still keep up.

Guest suzziee

That loser husband of hers, argggh. If only they have no kid, Ji Soo is much better off without him!

Well Jisoo is abit too clueless for her own good is all I gotta say -_- Maybe that spineless hubby of hers actually might help her learn a lesson in life about being independant and waking up. LOL. Can you tell I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the characters.

And.. I think HwaYoung's actually a dcotor by qualification? I heard it mentioned once when she was talking to Jisoo. My guess is, she's one of those who gave up her job after marriage and her late hubby was probably pretty well to do himself. She's comfortable, so doesn't need to work is my guess.

I feel really sorry for their son Kyungmin though. He's such a good kid. Children are always the real victims in this kinda mess IMO.

Guest perfect

I HATE dramas that have marriage affairs and I avoid them like a plague.

But for some reason, I am so addicted to this drama, I keep wondering what is going to happen next.

Guest chuck97

The Person I Love or last Mon-Tues SBS series was also about affairs. I like that series except for the draggy, boring scenes.

^exupery, haha.. yeah, I should've said that. Hwa Young and her lingerie, and everytime she wears it, ack~ her bad perm and everything.... :mellow:

Wow, I missed your post yesterday for some reason, but, yeah,.. on the contrary, this series is actually getting the HIGHEST ratings out of 3 series. H!M is the lowest, while HIT can still keep up.

How bad for KBS Hello Miss? Under 15%

I hope Kim Hee Ae won't have to die in this series. I have seen 2 Kim Hee Ae series, Perfect Love and Snowflakes and both, she died at the end.

Guest jahye

Wow. I feel like I'm the only scandal-monger here in Soompi. O_o

Where is everyone else?! I'm completely lapping up this drama... *imagines myself with a perm and making Kimchi* -_-

This drama is completely addicting. From my last post I am proudly caught up till episode 6. Ack. I can't stand Kim Hee Ae's character but I gotta admit she is an individual character... like so much pride and defiance... despite her being in the wrong. And as much as I sympathise with Bae Jungok's Jisoo, I feel like the latter is too clueless... and so I can understnad why her husband would want to stray.. too boring.

Also, are Kim Soo Hyun's male characters always this weak? Like in here and in <Snowflakes> I can safely say I don't have much sympathy for these spineless male characters. :ph34r:

Still, Eunsoo and hubby are my favourite couple... they're just sweet together. :)

Episode 6 uploaded-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KI9781X6

I'm still here!! I just need to catch up on this weeks epsisodes. :P

Didn't I call it from the beginning??! This drama is SO addicting! :lol:

I don't pity the husband AT ALL. He's a cheating scumbag and he shouldn't be forgiven. <_<

Thanks for the downloads! Here's my share as well

Episode 6

megaupload or gigeshare

Episode 7

megaupload or gigeshare

Wow, in episode 7 they introduced another lead, Lee Jong Won.

Hmm, my guess would be that perhaps he'll be a possible new love interest for Ji Soo?

Actor: Lee Jong Won (Goodbye Sadness) as "Seok Joo Hyun"

*I've seen him in lots of dramas, but for some reason right now I don't remember the rest :lol: *

Looks like he plays as Ji Soo's junior? since he calls her "sunbae"? :)

perhaps he liked her or something, hehehe.. ^^

I haven't watched the episode yet, but another character makes it even more intriguing!

I think I read somewhere the actor Lee Hoon will also be joing the cast..

So that's how writer Kim Soo Hyun will keep this drama moving instead of flatlining after all that's happened already.. introducing new characters :D

Well Jisoo is abit too clueless for her own good is all I gotta say -_- Maybe that spineless hubby of hers actually might help her learn a lesson in life about being independant and waking up. LOL. Can you tell I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the characters.

And.. I think HwaYoung's actually a dcotor by qualification? I heard it mentioned once when she was talking to Jisoo. My guess is, she's one of those who gave up her job after marriage and her late hubby was probably pretty well to do himself. She's comfortable, so doesn't need to work is my guess.

I feel really sorry for their son Kyungmin though. He's such a good kid. Children are always the real victims in this kinda mess IMO.

You're right, as much as I dislike Hwa Young and pity Ji Soo, I can't help but be annoyed by Ji Soo even after everything she's went through. As the sexist term says, she needs to "man up" and grow a backbone. Screaming and shouting and taking out her rage by destroying the house is one thing, but she really needs to make some permanent decisions like if she wants to stay with her husband or have him move out or SOMETHING!

The Person I Love or last Mon-Tues SBS series was also about affairs. I like that series except for the draggy, boring scenes.

How bad for KBS Hello Miss? Under 15%

Hello Miss has ratings below 10%, around 7-8%.

Episode 8 Ratings

#2. Nationwide: 21.5%

#2. Seoul: 23.0%

I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and I find the drama's story intriguing, the fact the I'm also attracted to these type of dramas, too bad I don't have SBS but I'm enjoying reading all your posts...I remember reading somewhere that Oh Yeon-soo (Jumong) was offered to do Kim Hee-ae's role during the drama's casting stage but I guess KHA is portraying the character very well...

anyway, here's a TV Review of the drama

[TV Review]A drama-writing legend reaches her limit

April 24, 2007

24014448.jpg

A scene from “The Woman of my Man,” a show written by Kim Su-hyun. [sBS-TV]

TV dramas are powerful creatures that can enslave viewers. Unlike a film that ends after two hours, a good TV drama can change your lifestyle by tying you up for an hour every week for several months. Knowing what kind of TV drama or series is popular in a given country can be an effective glimpse inside its psyche. The stature of certain script writers is also a good indicator of a society’s direction.

Take a popular writer like Kim Su-hyun, whose most recent work, “The Woman of My Man” debuted on SBS-TV earlier this month and now airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

As a lover of dramas, I grew up enjoying Kim’s work. When I was in my early teens, it was a weekend ritual for members of my family to watch “What on Earth is Love?” a comedy about a large patriarchal family. The show was funny and action-packed without a hint of criticism of the patriarchal system, and it was a phenomenal hit in the early 1990s.

Kim kept on producing successful dramas and by the time I had developed a crush on my English teacher in my mid-teens, her big hit was “The Trap of Youth,” about a woman’s revenge against a man who left her to struggle in endless misery after he falls for a rich woman.

I still remember my mother and I watching the drama, eating apples and cookies. The drama had the legendary line, “I will smash you,” the oath of the wronged woman swearing revenge against her faithless lover.

Kim is also regarded as a scriptwriter who is worshiped by actors. I am flabbergasted when I hear they line up to greet Kim with gifts on national holidays, but she is, after all, a writer who sells. Other than the two dramas I mentioned, she has a long list of hits. Actors who have worked with Kim are united in their praise of her.

Given her power I was not surprised to learn that Kim never forgives an actor who changes even one word of her scripts. She writes well and knows how to please her viewers. Plus, her refined choice of words deserves respect.

Still, her latest work left a bitter aftertaste, and I thought I could sense a writer who had reached her limit.

First, the characters in the drama are cliched. In a tried-and-trusted story about an extramarital affair, Kim features a submissive middle-aged woman whose husband is snatched by her best friend, who is a distillation of all the elements of a bad woman.

Watching, I could feel Kim’s omnipresence because it was obvious that the actors were trying hard to follow her directions. They were trapped in the characters she created. I mean, they were dying to meet Kim’s demands, and they come across looking like her puppets. I could feel her invisible hand everywhere.

Another disappointment came from the stale cliches and stereotypes. An example is the scene when the housewife’s sister finds the bad woman character, and hits her hard in the head. Watching a five-minute-long fight sequence between the two women, I was, well, rather bored and annoyed by the noise of screaming and fighting.

The last line of the sequence awed me. The bad woman character (who had just come back from the United States) said, “I knew I would be hit like this. This is Korea, not the U.S.”

Wait a minute. Does Kim think that all the Americans are so cool-headed that their extramarital affairs don’t end up in physical scuffles? Does she think Americans are not human but alien? What a shortsighted, juvenile stereotype.

Yet, her drama is again being well received despite my criticism. After airing four episodes in two weeks, “The Woman of my Man” scored the highest audience rating among rival dramas of the same time slot. Maybe I’ll keep watching for the fun of disparagement.

By Chun Su jin [sujiney@joongang.co.kr]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2874806

Guest C51236

anybody have the ratings for 'my man's woman' episode 9???

can somebody post TNS ratings of episode 10 as well when episode 10 airs which should've aired already in korea any way....

thanks in advanced....

kind of interesting... the drama is doing so well in korea but the thread is barely moving...

kind of interesting... the drama is doing so well in korea but the thread is barely moving...

that's because majority of the korean viewers are probably korean ahjummas/housewives who are not posting in soompi ... :rolleyes::lol:

ay_link ... i agree with the bad perm part too :crazy:

i stopped the drama at 5 ... but am still curious about what's going to happen? any spoilers ... pretty please? :) so did the writer turn Ji-soo into a femme fatale yet or is she still stuck in i've gone crazy because my husband cheat on me mode? :mellow:

koalabear : thanks for sharing the article ... certainly interesting to read about how the writer is uhmm ... admired and the power she yield.

RATINGS (TNS MEDIA)

EPISODE 9

Nationwide: #2. 21.0 %

Seoul: #2. 22.9 %

EPISODE 10

Nationwide: #2. SBS 22.2 %

Seoul: #2. 24.3 %

Wheeeeeeee! :w00t: Ratings are still soaring HIGH! <3

I've watched ep 9-10 and looks like the hubby is still dumb as ever! >_< HMPH!!

I didn't see Lee Jong Won yet in these two eppies... strange~~ :unsure: I thought he's supposed to come out this week?

Hey, I was wondering if episode 9+10 were out yet...My Aunt came to visit us in Canada from Korea, and she's in withdrawal with this drama! HAHAHA Everyday, "Did someone upload My Man's Woman yet??" Hahaha thank you in advance :]

Hey, I was wondering if episode 9+10 were out yet...My Aunt came to visit us in Canada from Korea, and she's in withdrawal with this drama! HAHAHA Everyday, "Did someone upload My Man's Woman yet??" Hahaha thank you in advance :]

Yup :) this series airs every Mon-Tues... so it should be in clubboxes by then ^_^

you can check our clubbox, since I'm watching this one so I usually upload it in this clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

RATINGS (TNS MEDIA)

EPISODE 9

Nationwide: #2. 21.0 %

Seoul: #2. 22.9 %

EPISODE 10

Nationwide: #2. SBS 22.2 %

Seoul: #2. 24.3 %

Wheeeeeeee! :w00t: Ratings are still soaring HIGH! <3

I've watched ep 9-10 and looks like the hubby is still dumb as ever! >_< HMPH!!

I didn't see Lee Jong Won yet in these two eppies... strange~~ :unsure: I thought he's supposed to come out this week?

wow ... the ratings are good indeed.

wow ... there's still no sign of LJW in 9 -10?? didn't they show him in preview of episode 8 or something and JS even asked him to sleep with her if i am not mistaken? he did make an appearance over a phone call though so we only hear his voice. kekeke

Archived