Jung Joon Ho 정준호

Guest loving_D

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Bum Soo, Shin Hyun Joon, and Infinite’s L Among Others in Consideration for New Drama

Taewon Entertainment, the production house responsible for dramas like “Iris,” “Athena: Goddess of War,” and “Triangle,” will be producing a new drama called “Man With Two Faces.”

The drama will tell the story of a loving father who is also a merciless gangster named Tae Soo. He will run into conflict with his rival Ki Bum, who is the son of the mob boss. Their wives will also be competing with each other in their own league.

CHlqYdaWcAEm6R_.jpg

The children of the two gangster families will be a modern-day “Romeo and Juliet” couple, as they develop feelings for each other despite their parents’ rivalry.

Currently, Lee Bum Soo, Jung Joon Ho, Shin Hyun Joon, Infinite‘s L, and Yoo Sun are in consideration for the drama. The casting will be finalized soon, and the drama will go into production right after. A premiere date has yet to be set.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/15/lee-bum-soo-shin-hyun-joon-and-infinites-l-among-others-in-consideration-for-new-drama/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 15, 2015

Hit comedy ‘Marrying the Mafia’ to get TV makeover

The hit comedy film “Marrying the Mafia” will be made into a drama to begin airing in November, reports revealed Monday. 

The 2002 comedy “Marrying the Mafia,” starring actor Jung Joon-ho and actress Kim Jung-eun, was a big hit in the local cinemas, grossing nearly $30 million. 

Since then, four sequels have been made. 

According to reports citing unnamed officials with the broadcaster MBC, it has been tentatively decided that the drama will be aired from November. 

Like the original, the drama will follow the aftereffects of a marriage between an ordinary man and the daughter of a gangster family. 

For the male lead, Jung and Lee Beom-soo are said to be in talks with the production company. 

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

• 2 months later...

September 1, 2015

Jung Joon Ho and Lee Ha Jung Show Off Their Cute Son

Source: Soompi

jung-joon-ho-and-lee-ha-jung.jpg
Actor Jung Joon Ho and TV Chosun’s announcer Lee Ha Jung recently showed off their son.

Lee Ha Jung posted pictures on her Instagram along with a comment saying, “With my love. You make me so happy these days. My son is 18 months old. Almost two.”

In one of the pictures, Lee Ha Jung is smiling holding her son Dong Wook’s hand. He takes after both Lee Ha Jung and Jung Joo Ho. His appearance is a nice balance of lovely features from his mom and dad. He is shown staring into the camera with a cute facial expression.

Another picture shows the couple enjoying a nice, relaxing meal together. The photo captures Lee Ha Jung’s youthful beauty and Jung Joon Ho’s good looks despite his casual attire.

Lee Ha Jung and Jung Joon Ho were married in March of 2011 and gave birth to their son in February of last year.

jung-joon-hos-son.jpg

Source (1)

• 1 month later...

October 30, 2015

'Operation Chromite' to pay homage to hidden heroes of Incheon Landing

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, Oct. 30 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming South Korean war film "Operation Chromite" will pay tribute to the little-known heroes of the Battle of Incheon, producers said Friday.

On Sept. 15, 1950, the U.N. and South Korean forces penetrated Incheon, then captured by the North, through an amphibious invasion. That invasion, known as the Battle of Incheon, saved South Korea from the brink of Korean War defeat and played a decisive role in its victory against the North, according to historians.

"Operation Chromite," directed by John H. Lee, will center on a secret intelligence unit that spied on North Korea to prepare for that historic battle.

Director John H. Lee (2nd from right), producer Jeong Tae-won (R) pose with cast members of the upcoming war movie "Operation Chromite" at a hotel in Seoul on Oct. 30, 2015. (Yonhap)

Director John H. Lee (2nd from right), producer Jeong Tae-won (R) pose with cast members of the upcoming war movie "Operation Chromite" at a hotel in Seoul on Oct. 30, 2015. (Yonhap) 

"At first, I thought it would be another war movie, but upon reading the scenario, I realized it's more of a suspense thriller," South Korean actor Lee Jung-jae told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. "I decided to take part because it sheds critical light on the sacrifices made by the intelligence unit and people of Incheon."

Lee will play Jang Hak-su, a South Korean naval captain who spearheaded the spy operation called "X-Ray." A total of 17 soldiers were part of the Korea Liaison Office (KLO), the intelligence unit.

American actor Liam Neeson, who couldn't make the press conference due to a scheduling conflict, will star as the mastermind of the Incheon Landing, U.S. General Douglas MacArthur. South Korean actor Lee Beom-soo will be the villain, Rim Kye-jin, who controlled the North's troops in Incheon.

South Korean actor Jung Joon-ho, who will portray a fictional character that led the Incheon branch of the KLO, echoed Lee Jung-jae's comments, saying the film will document a critical part of South Korean history.

Director John H. Lee discusses his upcoming war movie "Operation Chromite" at a press conference in Seoul on Oct. 30, 2015. (Yonhap)

Director John H. Lee discusses his upcoming war movie "Operation Chromite" at a press conference in Seoul on Oct. 30, 2015. (Yonhap) 

"I wanted to help show our future generations how South Korea came to be and how these hidden heroes played a big part," Jung said.

Lee Jung-jae, meanwhile, dismissed anticipation that "Operation Chromite" will be his big break into Hollywood.

"People ask if this will be my Hollywood break, but I tell them it's Neeson's break into K-movies," Lee said, laughing.

John H. Lee, who directed another Korean War film five years ago, said he'd been wanting to shoot another war movie since "71: Into the Fire," a story of South Korean students who fought in the Korean War.

"I remember thinking after '71: Into the Fire' that I want to film another war movie," he said, "the reason being the unique charm and drama of war films. They capture humanity in its direst situations."

"Operation Chromite" will open in July 2016.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

October 30, 2015

Lee Jung Jae, Lee Bum Soo and More Gather for ′Operation Chromite′

Source: Mwave

65379673.jpg

66122715.jpg

The cast of upcoming film Operation Chromite gathered for a production presentation, held at the Westin Chosun Hotel Grand Ballroom in Seoul on October 30. 

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

October 30, 2015

'Sweet, Savage Family' Jung Joon-ho's five step transformation

Source: Xportsnews via Hancinema.net

photo648838.jpg

Jeong Joon-ho's five step transformation has been revealed.

On October 30th, MBC's new Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Sweet, Savage Family" has revealed their teaser poster featuring Jeong Joon-ho's five step transformation.

Jeong Joon-ho, who will live with two different faces in the drama, presents the five step transformation in the poster. Jeong Joon-ho expressed the transformation steps comically that his character Tae-soo goes through daily. When he comes home after finishing his busy work schedule, he took off his suit and changes into a track suit and puts on rubber kitchen gloves to take care of the piled house chores.

PD Kang Dae-seon said, "To summarize the drama, 'It's hard to make a living'" and "I hope the viewers can feel the empathy and find solace in this drama".

The first episode of "Sweet, Savage Family" will air on November 18th.

October 31, 2015

‘Operation’ remembers the Battle of Incheon

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

31024909.jpg

Korea’s upcoming mega-budget film “Operation Chromite” will pay tribute to those who sacrificed and fought during the Battle of Incheon, which broke out shortly after the 1950-53 Korean War.

Operation Chromite refers to an amphibious invasion by UN soldiers on Sept. 15, 1950, at the Incheon port. The maneuver was intended to surprise and push back the North Korean soldiers attempting to take control of the peninsula. Helmed by the famous U.S. general, Douglas MacArthur, the attack played a decisive role in turning the tide of the war in South Korea’s favor. 

“While producing ‘71: Into the Fire’ (2010), I came across records that said 17 soldiers died during the Battle of Incheon,” said Jeong Tae-won, head of the production company Taewon Entertainment, during a rare large-scale press event on Friday at the Chosun Westin Hotel in central Seoul.

“I wanted to make a film about the operation in order to let people know about the heroes that were forgotten by history,” he added.
Director John H. Lee, also known as Lee Jae-han, joined forces with Jeong for the second time after “71: Into the Fire.”

Actor Lee Jung-jae from “Assassination” will play South Korean Navy Lt. Jang Hak-su, who leads the secretive operation, codenamed “X-Ray.” 

“When I first received the screenplay, I was surprised it was more about psychological warfare than being a simple war movie,” Lee said.

“Operation Chromite ended successfully, but I was inspired by the fact that it wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for the sacrifices such as those by the [Korean Liaison Office] unit,” he added. 

Liam Neeson, who has made headlines by being cast as Gen. MacArthur, sent a greeting video to his Korean fans, saying that he is “excited to start working on this special film,” which will “honor those who fought for freedom and peace.”

Other actors attached to the project include Lee Beom-soo, who will play an elite North Korean commander, and Jung Joon-ho, who will take on the role of the Korean Liaison Office unit’s leader. 

Korean-Japanese UFC fighter and entertainer Choo Sung-hoon will also participate in the film as a North Korean soldier, marking his film debut. 

The film is slated to be released in the summer of 2016. 

By Jin Eun-soo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Even when the camera is off, the party still goes on! The crew of <‪#‎MySweetandBloodyFamily‬> have perfect teamwork!

• 3 years later...

a59fe4246bf54648a013c5dd43abe855.jpeg?s=

Jung Joon Ho And His Wife Lee Ha Jung Welcome Second Child

Actor Jung Joon Ho and reporter Lee Ha Jung have welcomed their second child!

On June 26, the actor’s agency shared the following statement:

Hello. This is STX Lion Heart.

We would like to relay happy news regarding actor Jung Joon Ho.

Actor Jung Joon Ho’s wife and reporter Lee Ha Jung gave birthday to a pretty baby girl weighing 3.51 kilograms at a hospital in Seoul on [June] 26 around 10 a.m. Both the mother and child are healthy, and [the mother] is currently recovering while being congratulated by family and friends. Actor Jung Joon Ho is also very happy at the joy of a second child.

Actor Jung Joon Ho said through the agency, “I am very happy about the blessing of my daughter’s birth. I will put in full effort into both my family and work with more responsibility moving forward. I sincerely thank everyone who has congratulated us.”

Please send great blessings, and we thank you for the interest and love given to actor Jung Joon Ho.

Thank you.

Jung Joon Ho and Lee Ha Jung got married in 2011 and gave birth to their first son Si Wook in 2014.

Congratulations to the family!

Watch Jung Joon Ho in his most recent drama “SKY Castle“:

source

Congratulations to this lovely couple!  

congrats-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

• 6 months later...

January 28, 2020

Jung Joon-ho makes friends wherever he goes: The ‘Hitman: Agent Jun’ actor loves to learn from younger colleagues on set

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

27204014.jpg
Actor Jung Joon-ho meets a group of reporters in Seoul prior to the release of film “Hitman: Agent Jun” on Jan. 22. [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENTP

Jung Joon-ho is back.

“It’s been three to four years,” he said as he greeted a group of reporters, including one from the Korea JoongAng Daily’s affiliate Ilgan Sports, at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, central Seoul, on Jan. 15, a week before the release of “Hitman: Agent Jun.”

Jung plays an intelligence agent who goes after a former agent, played by Kwon Sang-woo, who accidentally leaks top state secrets by uploading his cartoon scribbles online.

Jung is beloved by his fans for his funny and likable characters from the films “My Boss, My Hero” (2001) and “Marrying the Mafia” (2002), both of which had spin-offs. More recently he starred in the JTBC series “SKY Castle” (2018).

Jung is often dubbed by other actors “the actor most likely to go into politics.” He is an honorary ambassador for several local district offices and travels all over Korea for local festivals throughout the year.

Jung spoke to the press about his latest role in “Hitman: Agent Jun,” what it was like to work with Kwon - who shares a hometown with Jung - and his thoughts about marriage, politics and life.

The following are edited excerpts from the interview.

Q. How did you decide to accept the offer for the role in “Hitman: Agent Jun”?

A. Part of it was the script. To be frank, I don’t think I understood it completely when I first read it through, because it went back and forth between acting and animation and comedy and action. That in itself seemed very new to me. And when I looked into who the director was, I saw that it was a young director, new to the film scene. That’s when I thought that the director had gumption for trying something this new as a fresh face in the industry. I wanted to take part.

Then as we got together for coffee and some discussion about the characters, I was drawn to the character that I would play, a man whose experiences and history play a crucial role in shaping the life of the main character.

What was it like when you met the director, Choi Won-sub?

Part of the movie’s plot, the struggles that the main character experiences in his mid-life, is what Choi went through personally. I remember how his eyes looked when we first met, they were full with this deep sense of desperation. He said, “This is the last try, there is nothing to return to after this.” I made my decision quickly after that meeting.

Have things changed in the film industry in recent years?

My last film was about three to four years ago. The world changes fast, and the film industry is no exception. I thought that the staff may have gotten a bit stiff or not so flexible after the 52-hour workweek was established, but I saw that the film staff have adjusted to that change without much trouble. It’s a general statement, but I think it’s true most of the time: Koreans have it together when it comes to adjusting to changes.

Your previous work in comedy films are respected by many young actors.

I had to try hard to catch up to the speed with which the younger actors were cracking jokes and ad libs. I think if I stood by my older style of acting and did what was funny in the past, there would be some fans who would look for that, but I thought it was best to not lead this time and instead see, learn and follow.

In the early days of my acting, it used to be a kind of unspoken norm among actors that you’d give the oldest and most experienced actor the extra time and moments to ad lib or try unscripted acting when and where they saw fit. That’s no longer the case. People don’t wait for you - the stage is up for grabs for anyone. It’s all about balance. I think that it’s not a bad idea to step back and give others the space to shine, but you should still jump in when there’s a right moment, otherwise the directors may not call you back (laughs).

What was it like to work with Kwon Sang-woo?

Sang-woo and I are both from the Chungcheong region. What’s funny about people from that area is that they don’t really talk to each other or strike up lively conversations when they’re left together. But they are detailed and remember things they did together a year back, three years back, or even 10 years back. They don’t let others know on the spot what they’re really thinking.

Who knows what Sang-woo thinks of me. Maybe I’ll get a text from him in a year (laughs).

But I have to say, he was perfect for the role, as a father and a husband himself and as someone who cherishes his family.

Would you say that you are a family man?

I don’t think I do the small chores for my wife as well as Sang-woo, like taking out the trash, for instance. But I make some special events for her. Because I am often traveling throughout Korea as an honorary ambassador of local district offices, some of the people that I become friends with on the road send our family their seasonal harvests of fruits and food. Using them as ingredients, I whip up something in the kitchen for her once in a while.

There is also something that I do on every trip that I take abroad. I buy her something, a pair of shoes, or something shiny, from the place that I have been, but I don’t give it to her when I return. I keep them hidden in a locked drawer in my room and when the moment is right, I present the gifts one by one. She is always curious about that drawer.

How would your wife describe you as an actor?

She trusts me a lot. She told me early on in our marriage that she thought all actors sleep late when they don’t have plans in the mornings. But seeing how I would wake up at 6 a.m. no matter the time that I went to sleep the day before, she said, ‘Honey, I think your success as an actor has more to do with how hardworking you are than your ability to act’ (laughs).

Because of your networks outside of the TV and film industry, there have long been talks that you may be interested in becoming a politician. Is that the case?

Those talks have been around for ages. If I really jumped into politics when they first started, I could be in my fifth term as a lawmaker, don’t you think?

I mean, I go to these local festivals because I am the honorary ambassador for the region, and to be honest, I am just working on meeting my fans throughout the country. And they get excited when a friend turns up for their special occasion. It’s just something small that I can do to return their friendship.

When I do go, the organizers end up getting dinner altogether. And you know me, I don’t stay quiet. So I talk a lot, give long toasts, and I guess that’s why some people say they can see me do well as a politician. I considered that job for a moment in the past. But my heart is set on being an actor. I’ll still do the honorary ambassador work, that’s always fun.

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG AND ESTHER CHUNG [chung.juhee@joongang.co.kr]