[MANGA/ANIME] Prince Of Tennis

SlashRain

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nya! they're making prince of Tennis into a series. Somehow I don't like it. I don't mean to bash but I think the ones who did the roles in the live action movie are way goodlooking . . . . .than the ones who are going to do the series. >____<

Guest quepapas

Just finished 178eps & 19ovas, now I'm dying to wait for the next ova come out :sobbing:

Btw does anyone know where I can watch the live action? I tried to download it via eMule but no seeding :tears:

Guest xkrn4lyfx

hey.. i bought a dvd of the anime..

however, it doesn't have any subs..

you guys know where i can dl free soft subs??

thanks!

~jae

you toooooooooooooooooooooooob

Guest dway zoldyck

it already finished, right ??

i hate the ending,,

that makes no sense !!

but i love ryoma >__<;;

Guest severus

i finished most of the series two years ago... and can't remember much.

except for Tezuka's "Tezuka Zone", Fuji's Counters<3 (and hottnesss), Eiji's cuteness, the twist serve,

and "Mada mada dane" XD .

gosh, i feel like rewatching

Guest sunxchocobo

rawr...ovas come out sooooooooo slow...

ep.20 came out on april 25 rite...its still not properly subbed.....

at least i believe so..............

• 2 weeks later...
Guest corazoncomplicando

^ yeah. i think there are subs for 20 1/3 but i'm not sure of it's accuracy.

i was bored and decided to watch this anime again. lol. love it everytime. after a while i've become a sakuno anti though. haha. i don't know why exactly, but it might be due to her very limited vocabulary. all she does is say "ryoma-kun" and look weak.

Guest quepapas

^

^

That is exactly what I was doing these days. Awww I can't get enough PoT no matter many times rewatching it ^ ^

• 2 months later...

anyone watch the Chinese live action drama version? I think only the first episode has been subbed. All the characters names and school names have been changed...buts its easy to tell who's who.

Some of the changes I saw...

They are in college. The regulars all live in a dorm.

They lost to Rikkaidai in the finals the previous season.

Sakuno's annoying friend is also the reporter person...writing stories for the college paper.

Yuuta (Fuji's brother) is still with Seigaku.

Horio still has 2 YEARS OF TENNIS EXPERIENCE. YES!

• 4 weeks later...

How the heck did I miss this? I seriously checked through all 52 pages and I did not find it. I forgot that there was an index for the topics.. =.=;;

Agh, anyways.

I started watching this during the summer and I loved it! I watched all 178 episodes.

Oh man, I became so obsessed with it.

I can't find all the OVA episodes though! Ah, oh well.

This anime made me want to play tennis, too! I'm so bad at it though. D:

I wish I could use moves that defied gravity and physics like in the anime. XD

That part where Ryoma

came back from america just to have a match with Tezuka, and was thanking all the team members as he was playing, made me cry.. It was so emotional. And Ryoma was crying too! So that made me even more sad. But it's pretty pathetic that I cried since it was just an anime..

Hahah.. ^^;;

I loved the chibi episodes so much! I couldn't stop saying "Awwwwwww!". They're so cute!

I will never get tired of this anime.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest z0mghii

Anyone hear any news of the nationals? I stopped at 19, it's been a few months and i haven't seen any new ones popping out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

YES possible new manga series

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...-start-in-march

The December issue (on sale on November 4) of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine will reportedly announce that Takeshi Konomi will start a new manga series for The Prince of Tennis in the April issue (on sale on March 4). The purported advertisement from the Jump Square issue says that everything in The Prince of Tennis up to now has been "prologue" and that "a new legend for [the main character] Ryoma and the others will begin." Konomi ended the original manga series in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine last March after almost nine years and 379 installments. However, he has been soliciting new assistant artists since early August.

Jump Square already announced that a new "tribute" manga called Hōkago no Ōji-sama (The Prince of Afterschool) will launch in the December issue on November 4. The same issue will have a poster, the launch of a new series of feature articles on The Prince of Tennis musical, and a giveaway for musical tickets. The second volume in the third animated video series shipped this month, and the musical version continues to run in Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea. Viz Media will publish the 28th of the 42 manga volumes in North America next month.

Archived