Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Japan Mar 23th|Thailand April 20th ]

OksanaSiytra

Welcome to the thread of ever gorgeous and talented Korean actress Park Min Young

http://www.korecanlar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/a-new-leaf-dizisi-oyuncular%C4%B13.jpg
Thread created and started originally by alicechan http://managed-general-soompi.s3.amazonaws.com/en/emoticons/default_smile.png.1a17920c0f0ac6da5e6bf86100ef353d.png

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/88d633e2jw1epa7tysxa2g20b406a7wh.gif

Personal Information 

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/80958692tw1epchj8jvoug209g05bnph.gif

Name 박민영  /Park Min Young (Bak Min Yeong)
Profession Actress and Model
Birthdate 1986-Mar-04
Birthplace Seoul, South Korea
Height 164cm
Weight 46kg
Star Sign Pisces
Blood Type O
Family Has an older sister
Trivia Friend with Jessica (SNSD) for more than 10 years
Hobbi Riding horse, reading and listening to music
Favourite colour White
Education Dongguk University (Studied as an exchange student in the US during high school years)
Talent Agency CultureDepot  (Previous Agencies: King Kong Entertainment, SidusHQ)

TV Series  
2015, SBS Remember, War of the Son as Lee In-ah

cedc0bfa503866036df259b614f84620.jpg
2014, KBS2 DramaHealeras Chae Young-Shin

http://asianwiki.com/images/9/9b/Healer-0018.jpg

Kim Moon-Ho (Yoo -Ji -Tae) is a popular reporter at major broadcasting company. One day, he learns the truth of a case that took place in the past. He intentionally approaches people who are related to the case and helps them. While doing so, he agonizes over the truth and beliefs. Meanwhile, with the help of Kim Moon-Ho, internet reporter Chae Young-Shin (Park Min-Young) and Seo Jung-Hoo (Ji Chang-Wook), known as "Healer," grow into real reporters. 

2014, MBC A New Leaf
as Lee Ji Yoon

http://www.hancinema.net/photos/photo428036.jpg

A lawyer (Kim Myung-Min) goes by fair play or foul methods to win his cases. An accident though leads to the lawyer losing his memory. He then goes up against the very law firm where he work at previously.

2012, MBC Dr. Jin as Hong Young-Rae/Yoo Mi-Na

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-egKrhx9LZtc/UgDtUGecs_I/AAAAAAAAAWk/jxegHsSx2Z4/s1600/pmy3.jpg
Dr. Jin-Hyuk (Song Seung-Heon) is a gifted doctor who was born in a family of doctors. Jin-Hyuk is confident and fully aware that he is the best neurosurgeon. His success rate hovers at 100%. Due to his talents and success, Jin-Hyuk is unable to understand how others fail. His girlfriend is Yoo Mi-Na (Park Min Young). Unlike Jin-Hyuk, she is bright and unable to ignore those in need.

2011, KBS2
MAN OF HONOUR/THE GLORY OF JAE IN as Yoon Jae In

http://joencorner.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/moh.jpg

As children, Young-Gwang meets Jane at her birthday party. His father works as a chauffer to Jane's father. At Jane's birthday party, by chance, Young-Gwang bumps into a boy named In-Woo. In-Woo's father is the vice president of a trading company that Jane's father runs. In-Woo looks down on Young Gwang.

2011, SBSCITY HUNTER as Kim Nana

http://en.korea.com/parkminyoung/files/2011/05/1280_2_2-e1310637345836.jpg
The story takes place in Seoul, 2011. Lee Yoon Sung(Lee Min Ho) is a talented MIT-graduate who works on the international communications team in the BlueHouse. He plans revenge on five politicians who caused his father's death withhis surrogate father Lee Jin Pyo and eventually becomes a "CityHunter." In the Blue House, he met Kim Nana(Park Min -Young), working as a Blue House BodyGuard and a story of love and revenge begins.

2010, KBS2 SUNGKYUNKWAN SCANDAL as Kim Yoon Hee/Kim Yoon Shik

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmamcsdYgI1qgmbtm.jpg
Set in a period where society does not allow females to be educated nor employed, Kim Yoon Hee (Park MinYoung) disguises herself as her brother, Kim Yoon Shik, in order to makeends meet for her family. She goes through a series of odd jobs, mainly at a localbookstore, before she gets offered a chance to increase her earn, by becoming asubstitute test-taker (an illegal act) for the upcoming entrance examination in the prestigious Sungkyunkwan. She gets caught by the upright Lee Sun Joon(Park Yoo Chun), who later acknowledges Yoon Hee's talents, and even encourages her to enroll in the university. There, she must bear with the endless mischief of upperclassman Gu Yong Ha (Song Jung Ki), put up with the constant moodswings of roommate, Moon Jae Shin (Yoo Ah In), avoid getting in trouble with the strict, student body president, Ha In Soo (Jun Tae Soo)), keep her secretfrom being discovered, all the while trying to maintain her growing affections for Lee Sun Joon at bay.

2010, MBC RUNNING MAN/RUNNING SHIRT as Moon Haeng Joo

http://www.dramaload.ch/images/running_shirt.jpg

This heartwarming youth drama tells the story of Dae Gu, a young man who had to give up sports due to his painful past but discovers a passion for running, as well as friendship and love in his new acquaintances.

2009, SBS PRINCESS JA MYUNG GO as Princess Ra Hee

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn7_ff6TmsuYj1AuudCGm

Legend has it that more than 2000 years ago, the Kingdom of Nangnang possessed a mystical Ja Myung Drum (Ja Myung Go) which will sound by itselfwhen enemies invade. In reality, Ja Myung Go does not represent the drum but instead, is embodied by the King's daughter, Princess Ja Myung. Princess JaMyung and Princess Nak-Rang are born on the same day and time to the same father but different mothers. It is predicted that one princess will become the nation's savior while the other will bring the entire nation down. Using her family's powerful background, Princess Nak-Rang's mother successfully establishes her daughter as the savior princess while Princess Ja Myung, who is branded the princess of destruction, escapes death with the help of her mother and grows up among the common folk. When she learns of her true identity,Princess Ja Myung returns to her Kingdom, resulting in a new wave of internal politics and power struggles. Princess Ja Myung and Prince Hodong of the rival state of Goguryeo fall in love but fate has it that they cannot be together.Princess Nak-Rang, who is also in love with the Prince, willingly gives her nation up to him by destroying her Kingdom's mystical war drum. Princess JaMyung, fighting to save her nation, finally pierces her sword towards her beloved Prince Hodong...

2008, KBS2 HOMETOWN LEGENDS (THE RETURN OF GUMIHO) as Lee Myung Ok (Gumiho)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jJK__cA1raY/T3JVglYfAfI/AAAAAAAAApw/XcrKaEsMCBM/s1600/13.gif
The Lee family harbored a secret and it was believed that was how they could survive for generation and prospered no matter what the circumstances.The family was the decendant of the nine tailed fox. Once a female familymember reached puberty, she would undergo a ritual to determine if she carried the genes of the nine tailed fox. If she were, she would be 'married off and never see her family again. Lee Myung Ok was the youngest daughter of the family and her curiosity led her to dicover that the marriage was a farce whereas in actual fact, the 'bride' was being sacraficed and killed so the family patriarch could prolong his life feasting on the liver of the nine tailed fox. When her only sister was killed in such manner, Myung Ok unleashedher fury and turned into a nine tailed fox herself to seek revenge. Is this the end of the family?

2007, KBS2 I AM SAM  as Yoon Eun Byul

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hhfXJ-kKLfs/TyOKaEkI0TI/AAAAAAAABbQ/lH8pofUSDC4/s320/pmy+young.jpg
The story focuses on the conflicts between the young teachers and the problems that high school students have. Jang Yi San is a timid and incompetent homeroom teacher who has to teach the only daughter of a highly dangerous mob leader, Eun Byul. Eun Byul is a new student at Myung Moon High with little driveto succeed.

2006, MBC UNSTOPPABLE HIGH KICK as Kang Yoo Mi

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QvYdodSJ2sI/T-QiAvEv7UI/AAAAAAAABpg/Yf-RvlJn40c/s640/2012-02-06_park_min_young.jpg

Lee Yoon Ho (Jung Il Woo) a motorcycle mania who engages in manyfights at school and is known for his high kick, and Lee Min Ho (Kim Hye Sung),who enjoys spending time on scale models and web blogs, are brothers born ayear apart but attending the same class at school. These two portray completely opposite Korean teenage characters in a comical way. And of course, there’s therest of the family. Their father (Jung Joon Ha), a full-time stock investor since being laid-off from work, nevertheless optimistic and reckless; theirmother (Park Hae Mi), an oriental medicine doctor and always overly confident;their grandfather (Lee Soon Jae), who loves money more than anything in the world; their grandmother (Na Moon Hee), who is always defeated by her daughter-in-law in ongoing status quarrels, are some of them. Their uncle LeeMin Yong (Choi Min Young) is a 27-year-old single dad. After going through apremature marriage and early divorce, he enjoys his life back in the datingscene with his half-single and half-married status, while continuing toencounter emotionally-involved moments with his ex-wife Shin Ji (Shin Ji) attimes. Smooth n High Kick! is a situation comedy, which portrays the everydaylives of the main characters colliding with each other in a comical way.However, at a certain point, the surprising mysteries of their seemingly-normalsurrounding characters begin to unravel one by one.

Movies 

2011, Next Entertainment World CAT: Two Eyes That See Death as So-Yeon
cYL5ykWhffOKucJjDSWkQdiZE7J.jpg
An unlikely protagonist slinks around in “The Cat,” which follows So-yeon (Park Min-yeong), a pet groomer who suffers from claustrophobia stemming from a childhood experience.
One day, one of So-yeon’s customersdies on the elevator, leaving her cat Bi-dan behind. The mystery of who killed the woman on the elevator is unknown, and the cat is the only witness. As thepolice begin their investigation, they ask So-yeon to take care of Bi-dan. Bu tsomething strange happens to So-yeon from the day she brings Bi-dan home.
So-yeon starts having nightmares in which she sees a little girl who keeps coming back to haunt her dreams. Afraid and unsure of what this might mean, So-yeon starts investigating the mystery ofthe cat and the death of its owner when her closest friend, who has alsorecently gotten a cat, dies. The film was invited to participate inthe 64th Cannes Film Festival Film Market, where its distribution rights weresold to three companies in Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei.Critics at Cannes said that the movie is scary yet fascinating and ultimately appealing.

Music Videos 

2009, A LOVE STORY BY GAVY NJ

2008, HARU-HARU BY BIG BANG

2007, DON'T SAY GOODBYE

Awards & Recognitions 

2014, KBS Drama Awards Excellence Awards for Best Actress, Medium-Length Drama for 'Healer'

2008, KBS Drama Award Special Drama/One Act Drama Best Actress for Hometown of Legends
2007, KBS Drama Award Best New Actress Award for I AM SAM (TV SERIES)

2007, MBC Drama Awards Best New Actress Award, Sitcome Category for Unstoppable High Kick 
2007, Asian Model Festival Award Model Award

article 2014. 08 KBS K Wave Cover Story with Park Min Young

2013.09.14 Park Min Young Cherishes Her 10 Year of Friendship with Jessica on KBS 2TV Entertainment Weekly

2013 Jang Keun Suk and Park Min Young on KBS World TV

PMY official website

PMY official INSTAGRAM
PMY official twitter account 

PMY Official weibo account 
PMY official Facebook account

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coreana_ira

ah that girl in dongguk univ with insung oppa rite??

old article...

2006110411520626580_0.jpg

Internet search of "Jo In Sung's girlfriend" topped the internet search. The truth of the mysterious girl is finally unveiled.

She is Park Min Young. She is a student of Dongkuk University, in the third year of Theatrical Arts. Photographs of her and Jo In Sung together on the campus were splashed across on internet cafes and blog sites which caused the misunderstanding of "Jo In Sung's girlfriend".

Park Min Young expressed that "much misunderstanding was received during the time when Jo In Sung senior and I went to school together frequently. Friends whom are not in contact normally would also call to ask about this matter. There also threats coming from homepage and mails. However I am not upset as there is nothing more to our relationship except a junior-senior relationship".

Park Min John's entertainment world debut story is also unique . The management company was searching for a mini-homepage last year and came to look at Park Min Young's homepage by chance. They found her to be a charming person as well and decided to offer her casting.

Translated from: Newsis (4/11/06)

Guest alicechan

I heard about that too. If I'm correct, She already comfirmed that she was only close friends with him. That news is still on-going around internet though. She's quiet lucky.

Some pictures from her cyworld. Adorable. :]

pmy9majs0ff8.jpg

pmy9mds9jnaie4.jpg

Photoshoot with Lee Jun Ki.

80283202ix2.jpg

71888295xr3.jpg

sdkna94gi4.jpg

jhs99222kw6.jpg

id8293oasssbe9.jpg

94khsjdasdzf5.jpg

04ksjkdct7.jpg

Credits: PMY's Cyworld (olivia34)

• 2 months later...
Guest alicechan

Have anyone watched today's High Kick episode?

She's been gone for awhile and now she has came back. <3 I can't wait to see her more in High Kick now. Kind of random but - I've been really looking out in her style in High Kick. She has some really great sense in style. o_o

Guest alicechan

Great news, Min Young will be featuring in the new upcoming drama called "I am Sam". The article is up in sidus main homepage. I'm so excited. ^^

And, New photoshoots from T Magazine! She looks gorgeous.

46563e6c1a843dj5.jpg

46563e6c1a844gi0.jpg

46563e6c1a840jp6.jpg

46563e6c1a841fn7.jpg

46563e6c1a842kz6.jpg

I should be discussing this in the High Kick thread, But I might as well say it here too - Today's High Kick episode was sad and had alot of action to it. This drama is more of a drama-action than a sitcom now, lol.

edit

There are pictures of Min Young from her Lotte DFS photoshoots in her cyworld and yahoo. But I'll post them tomorrow, If I can. I'm so tired.

Guest alicechan

Now, Park Min Young's company is responding in saying: "The storyline is left for a dissappearence but not a full absence. There is a full chance that Park Min Young will be on again" which has been recently noted.

O MG. I'm hoping that Yoomi will appear in the last episode of High Kick and meet Minho again. I'm kind of tired of being happy and sad about Yoomi disappearance and come-backs. I was very upset Minho lost her again, too. I'm always like, "Poor Minho...". And High Kick is a little boring without Kang Yoomi's randomness. ;]

However, Kang Yoo Mi's character played by Park Min Young has been casted as a female lead in a KBS Mini Series. Starting in August the KBS Monday-Tuesday Drama "I am Sam", a character named Yoo Eun Byul, as she is a strong leader "uljjang" (best face) who is the only daughter.

August? Ahh, That's too far. T_T I'm pretty excited to see her new character in her new drama too! I'm glad she'll have the main lead role. I mean, If she was the second main again, She'll come out mean and cruel as the usual drama character's, right? It doesn't matter though. xD Yoo Eun Byul is pretty, suitable name for Minyoung. I can't wait.

Thanks for the article, jina_bing_bang.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lovelytsao12345

i love park minyoung! i'm so sad that i am sam ended! i never appreciate how well her acting skills were until i saw her acting with TOP... TOP was so awkward on I AM SAM...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...