Quantcast
Oksana Sutra

Park Min Young 박민영 Winner 'Soompi Awards 2019' "Actress of The Year'' [ Upcoming show 2019: 'Busted 2' (Netflix), Upcoming drama 2020: 'I’ll Go to You When the Weather Is Nice'(JTBC) ]

Park Min Young Talks About What Acting Has Done For Her

Park Min Young recently shared her thoughts on how acting has had a great influence on her life.

The “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” star sat down for an interview and also participated in a pictorial shot in Paris for the September issue of Grazia.

Through the interview, she said, “I love acting as if it’s a one-sided crush, but I sometimes sulk by myself. There have been times where I’ve been so happy after receiving praise for my work that I would hide myself in my blankets and just cry, but there have also been times where I’ve been terribly hurt.”

As she continued to reminisce on her past, she remarked, “What I gained from acting for more than a decade is a sense of peace towards work. [‘What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim’] ended in favorable light, but rather than continuously enjoying that happiness, I try to push myself more. I want to challenge myself endlessly without just focusing on one character. Because I’ll be acting for the rest of my life, I’m trying to slowly look at things on a long-term basis.”

When asked for about a “small but sure happiness” moment in her life, she responded, “I learned about this word a few days ago. At this moment, I feel happy when there is even one person who listens to my story and understands my heart. If even one person listen to my story and knows what I really mean, I get the power to go one step further even if I’m exhausted.”

Park Min Young’s full photo shoot and interview appears in the September issue of Grazia, which hit stores on August 20.

• Like 6

PMY looks so good in all the F/W collection of this brand. I especially love the red coat.

Seeing her in these outfits reminded me of her in My Ear Candy show. It was short but I loved it! 

The show was cute and sweet. I liked that they went to Venice & Florence - both places I've visited last yr. PMY was perfect for the show as she loves to travel & good in communication. I laughed when she described herself  as someone who can chat as if she's in a competition :lol:

It was also cute seeing her cooking and at same time grooving (I don't see her being an idol though...lol). She just seems like a regular girl having fun. I felt i was able to know a bit more about PMY the person and not just an actress. Although I got sad when she shared her concerns and regrets but at the same time, I was proud of her as she came out stronger & wiser despite all those setbacks in the past.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, kenrei said:

So I finally got the courage to watch a few episodes of 7DQ and can't help but notice her chemistry with Lee Dong Gun (even if he's the anti-hero). I'd love for them to work together again (similar wish for Yoo Ah In). Goodness, my list is getting long...lol.

Back to 7DQ, my fave so far is Ep6. PMY is so cute and hilarious! I can't help but rewatch the scene over and over where she dressed up as a gisaeng (after posing as a man - SKKS vibe) and stumbled her way to get her man to go out with her. She's silly and cute especially with the adorable accent. I know PMY can cry a river but once she turns on her aegyo, no one can resist her :lol:

That was my favorite ep too  in 7dq.... actually its ep 5 & 6..... the most, she can carry a comedy... OH well, since Healer and SKKS... I dont know why they say WSK is her firs rom-com .... Anyway, WSK 's premise is Rom-Com, that's why, but she is more funny in SKKS, Healer & 7dq (in some episodes) and not so much in WSK.....  SHe is so versatile, it's like in one snap she can do a lot of switching in acting, hehehe...

• Like 3

On 8/5/2018 at 3:27 PM, kenrei said:

It seems our Parisian girl is having a good time. Love her pics...so chic! Effortlessly beauty.

As for her next project if it's a movie, I actually want her to work with a good veteran actor/actress (no romantic plot for now). I just want the focus to be on her and the story. 

But if it's a drama, I'm hoping she can work again with Yoo Ah In. I also like the idea of her being paired w/ KHN, they both have charming smiles :D

I was also thinking that, pairing with YAI again... I love them in Sungkyungkwan Scandal..

• Like 2

That would be nice too if paired with PHJ, if he is older than her... hahaha......  PMY has this mature and cute vibe so, she should also be paired with those manly and matured featured actors.... ( I feel safe for her, hahaha)...

• Like 2

You're quick @OksanaS! I just saw this in IG. Big thanks for always updating this thread. 

Her outfit and location seems a bit business-like, I'm wondering if this is already part of the pictorial or she just has some business to take care of...lol. Nonetheless, she's pretty and I'm happy she posted to say hello to us fans.

• Like 2

@hrh77 I fully agree that PMY is a very versatile and talented actress. She's just brilliant in anything she does for her role.

That's the exact reason why I included Park Hae Jin in my wishlist because he does look manly and mature (he's 35).

But YAI-PMY would be a dream pair. Both are very talented and we all know their chemistry has already been tested.

• Like 3