Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Ha ha, this thread is fast becoming the best place to hang out these days with so many dedicated MY fans:D:D:D

@renelhuang

A most warm welcome here :). Like JzzMeen, I too look forward to hearing about what the Chinese fans have to say about Min Young.  There are some videos with Chinese subs which we have all been dying for someone to interpret for us, hope you are the answer to our prayers:D.

@JzzMeen,

Okay, then Joong ki was closer to Min Young than I thought. Great to know! :DStill trying to wrap my head around the info that someone can be more laid-back than Micky:oHa ha, many kisses to arirang and a big hug to JzzMeen for clearing that up:P.

Yeah, it would have been kind of embarrassing for them to watch the kiss scene on screen. I am sure Micky would have cracked some stupid joke. What I want to know is would MY have watched the screen so rapt as she is doing now if that had happened. Our loss is their gain:(

@Gogeous,

I second JzzMeen. Please don't be the third wheel, dear:D. Only because we don't want you to get your heart broken:P

Waiting eagerly for the Press Conference! City Hunter fighting!

Guest renelhuang

Happy Sunday to all....

@renelhuang Welcome to Min young thread ... glad to see you here ...:w00t: Min Young has a quite number of dedicated chinese fans...and they are very resourceful...KUDOS to them....hope you can share MY news with us.....

I want to share an old interview... I couldn't find it posted in this thread...if it is already here.. please let me know... I will re-edit this post. It is quite an interesting interview.. you can know a little bit about MY when you read it....

10asia[iNTERVIEW]: Actress Park Min-young

Actress Park Min-young rose to instant stardom through her debut role in MBC smash-hit sitcom "High Kick" in 2006 by managing to shine amidst the throng of diverse characters with her role as Kang Youmi, an ignorent yet confident and cheerful girl in high school.

Yet such fast-obtained popularity rarely lasts for long and the industry does not allow an actress to see slow growth. In KBS drama "I Am Sam" she played a character who holds her emotions within herself while bullied by others rather than immediately respond like Youmi from "High Kick" would have but viewers remembered her as the same cheerful high school student rather than notice the change between the two and in her acting skills.

She then did fairly well in pulling off her role as a princess who depicts on the most tragic narrative through traditional drama "Princess Ja Myung Go" but the low ratings the depressing show scored was applied to Park as well.

Hence she truly meant it when she said through her interview with 10Asia that she "was healed" through her role as girl in boy disguise Yoon-hee in "SungKyunKwan Scandal," a show also starring JYJ member Yuchun and actors Yoo A-in and Song Joong-ki. Below are excerpts from the interview with the 24-year-old actress.

10: You went to Paris as soon as you wrapped up filming for "SungKyunKwan Scandal." Did you rest well?

Park Min-young: I toured the city rather than rest. There was so much to see because it was my first time there. I excitedly rummaged through the numerous galleries in Saint-Germain and acted all silly on the Montmartre hill, running and jumping around by myself when I saw a group of Korean tourists come my way and recognize me. So I ran away but all the whole time I was still acting ridiculously silly. People who were with me said they were ashamed of me.

10: You must've felt more freedom being in a place where nobody recognizes you.

Park: I usually don't mind other people when I go on trips. But I was at one of the most famous department stores in Paris when one of their employees recognized me, a mixed-blood Chinese. She said she watched "SungKyunKwan Scandal" on YouTube and that she had watched it that day as well before she got to work. I was really surprised. It's understandable in the sense that she's Asian but to think that someone living overseas would watch our show real-time was surprising.

10: That incident in itself doesn't prove the drama was a success but "SungKyunKwan Scandal" was a show that was received well by fans also because of its artistic quality, something that cannot be proven merely through the viewership ratings a show posts. What meaning has the show had for you?

Park: I was loved by the public for the first time in a while and on a personal level, I was able to mature in step with my character Yoon-hee. That's why the drama was all the more special [to me]. But what's more of a relief is that it's actually been quite easy shake off my character this time. I was hurt, happy and proud whenever my character was but in the end, I was able to let go of her with a happy mindset because she was loved very much and the story itself ended happily as well.

10: Was it easier to shake off the character because you were happy being her?

Park: The drama saw a happy ending and I just believe that she'll live happily. In a way, I have to shake her off quickly because I'll be going into my next project earlier than I expected but I think I've been doing a good job it so far, one step at a time. That's why I'm staying away from reruns of the show. Watching them will only bring back the emotions I felt back then. I'm going to watch them later on when I'm more at ease. There's still a lingering feeling I have about the show because I put my all into it for six months.

10: You wrote "Thanks Yoon-hee. For coming to me," on your Twitter account. It doesn't seem to mean that you were simply happy to get to play the role of Yoon-hee.

Park: It's also part of the lyrics to one of the soundtracks for "SungKyunKwan Scandal," the ending narration by Yuchun where he says, "Thanks, for coming to me." It best expresses how I feel because first of all, it was through Yoon-hee that I was able to gain the courage to overcome the obstacles laid in front of me. I had taken on the drama after going through a slump in terms of acting and spending much time wondering whether I'm walking the right career path so I healed a lot while playing Yoon-hee. So it was in that sense I wanted to say thank you to her. My great passion for the role was also why I was able to act with such intensity so I was grateful that was conveyed to the viewers and was received well. I cried a lot after shooting my last scene and it was because I felt grateful to the crew I worked with, the actors, the director, the writer and everyone who picked me for the role. I wonder whether I would've been able to become this strong again had I not been given this project.

10: Isn't that because you experienced the process of Yoon-hee maturing?

Park: I felt much vicarious satisfaction from it. And there were a few scenes that Yoon-hee was extremely cool in. She shined when for the first time, she asked her teacher for the chance to dream of a new world while saying she will remain at SungKyunKwan, and when she spoke of how she opened her eyes to the world of academics while on a walk with Seon-joon (Yuchun) after drinking. I also felt a great amount of satisfaction when she asked, 'If you can't become a government official because you're a woman, why is the Joseon that men created in this awful state?' in response to how she was taught that she needs to be able to question what is regarded as natural. It isn't often that you get to learn through a project and the character you play in it. I think getting to learn things from Yoon-hee itself makes me a lucky person.

10: You played a rare character in a rare drama.

Park: It isn't often that actresses get to play such round characters. It may seem like there are a variety of roles that actresses can play in Korean dramas but there's only about three types: the Cinderella, a femme fatale, or the mean girl who is green with envy. But Yoon-hee is a character who has been developed an extra step from that. A-in too said he would have played Yoon-hee had he been born a woman.

10: As happy as you were with your character, I'm sure there was a point where the role actually became comfortable for you.

Park Min-young: From the third or fourth episode? That's when the acting became easier. I was still a bit lost during the first two episodes or so because I hadn't fully digested my role so I had to put in a conscious effort to control the tone of my voice or emotions but I started feeling comfortable after that. And the director and writer left a lot up to me to decide so I increasingly felt comfortable. Then at certain scenes, for example, where I realize that my father was reading to me instead of my brother,

I immersed myself into the role to an uncontrollable point.

10: So that may be why but it seems like the Park Min-young we know has improved a lot as an actress as well. For example, it didn't seem like you cowered in the scene with veteran actor Kim Kap-soo.

Park: Mr. Kim Kap-soo wasn't the godly senior actor I usually see him as when we shot that scene but just the high-ranking government official that he is in the drama. And Yoon-hee was someone who is always sure of herself. Mr. Kim Kap-soo is also just such a cheerful person. So for that scene, we'd glare at each other while drinking tea when the camera is rolling but as soon as it stops, he'd say, "Okay, let's one-shot this." (laugh) And then he'd really wait until I one-shot the hot tea. So it wasn't what I used to say but these days, when I'm asked who is closest to my ideal man of the 'Jalgeum Foursome,' I'll instead answer that it's

Mr. Kim. (laugh) I didn't have to cower or feel uncomfortable because that's the sort of atmosphere we filmed the drama in.

10: So you had a lot of fun working on the drama, you did some acting that even you yourself are convinced of, and was loved by viewers. And thanks to that, you said you were able to overcome certain obstacles -- what are they?

Park: For me they are... several things. You need to have a certain amount of popularity or be recognized by people to an extent to play the roles you want but I lacked in that aspect so there were problems that stemmed from that. At the same time, it's a result of my own laziness and conceitedness so I couldn't blame anyone else for it. I learned the lesson that if I were to go back to those times, I would not make the same choices but back then, I felt lost. I knew in which direction I should go but was scared whether I'd be able to. So it was from Yoon-hee that I acquired the courage to give things another shot. Ultimately, Yoon-hee was in the same state as I was, constantly having to overcome one obstacle after another. And I believe that anyone in their twenties would fully relate to her position. Us people in our twenties have yet to become complete beings. And because of that, we will have to go through much trial and error and think about whether to compromise with reality or charge forward with achieving our dreams.

10: Like you say, going through trial and error and getting met with crises is something that everyone in their twenties experiences. What's important is whether you lose your courage or not.

Park: It was probably the gloomiest period of my life during which I had lost confidence and depressed. I hadn't felt that way even during puberty. It was a time that I spent worrying over the most basic questions such as whether I'm walking the right path. That's how psychologically devastated I was.

10: Was that around the time your SBS TV series "Princess Ja Myung Go" ended its run?

Park: After it. There's actually a lot I gained through "Princess Ja Myung Go." It was the first time I acted in a close-to traditional drama after having mostly played the role of a bubbly or coy high school student. And that's why it took a long time for me to prepare for it. My tone of voice or pronunciation had worked as advantages to my roles as a high school student but as obvious shortcomings for a historical drama so I had to work on strengthening my voice and wording. I also practiced the traditional pansori for a long time and on my pronunciation like anchorwomen do. So I may have had a tough time with the drama psychologically because I shot it for six months after going through such training but I learned a lot in terms of acting. I think I was presented with the large gift of getting to play Yoon-hee because of my experience with "Princess Ja Myung Go." It's just that I was shocked back then because more people turned their back on the drama than I expected and I wondered whether it was my fault. I don't know...

I won't go back to being stupid and think that my next project will do well just because this one [sungKyunKwan Scandal] did.

10: So that's the way you thought back then?

Park: I had been quite lucky then. None of my work had been failures up till that point. "I Am Sam" may have seen low ratings but I got to play the main female character although it was only my second project and even received an award for it. Everyone was also always praising me about how pretty I am. Then I appeared in "Korean Ghost Stories: Gumiho" which was a single-episode drama but it saw ratings of 21 percent. That's why I think I naturally came to presume that "Princess Ja Myung Go" would do well too so I was even more shocked when it didn't. It wouldn't have affected me as much if I had been ready for it somewhat but it hit me harder because I wasn't. So I did have a bit of a hard time back then but I settled with the fact that I at least got to work on a good project with good people. The problem started after that. A few projects got flopped after "Princess Ja Myung Go" and it distressed me greatly. I thought I had nothing to lose since "Princess Ja Myung Go" was not popular but I started thinking maybe there was. Things kept happening to the projects I really wanted to work on so I became increasingly dispirted which led me to doubt myself and think 'Can I really do this?' Then I moved agencies and a lot of things changed, so I told myself I'd start on a clean slate and took on drama "Running, Gu." It was after I was convinced that I was okay with starting all over again and I would have no expectations. I just wanted to gain good experience and really did not expect the show to see high ratings since it was meant to fill in empty time. Thanks to that, I had fun filming it and while I warmed up like that, I was handed the script for "SungKyunKwan Scandal" and got the part for Yoon-hee through the final audition. Since I had no expectations, the acting was fun and my mind became abundant enough to bear through the physical exhaustion I felt from the filming. That's why I can now say confidently that I've become as strong as Yoon-hee.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source : http://10.asiae.co.k...113018545469342

====================================================================================================================

I will^^ today i talked to a fan of Minyoung. She said she can help me once two weeks to translate some important and interesting news of MY in English. Because my English is not good and she is a little busy. I will try to find more people^^

Thanks for ur upload

@mimi26 thank u~~  I will try to find some people, who are good at english, to translate the news^^ We have already the Video

with Chinese subs (CH2). Hope next week the English subs will come^^

@renelhuang

Thanks a million for your kind offer. Not many people would go to all that trouble. Tell your friend also our thanks.

Don't worry about the English, okay? Most of the time, we have to depend on google translations of korean, vietnamese etc for news on her and you know how bad they can be. So, anything extra is a bonus:D

Hope to see more of you here:).

In case, this hasn't been posted here before, here is the link to the making of haru haru where Bingbang talk about Min Young.Here

394160_large.jpg

394162_large.jpg

394163_large.jpg

394164_large.jpg

394169_large.jpg

394166_large.jpg

394167_large.jpg

As always, thanks to Min Young's vietnamese fans on kst for the link.

At last!!!I have been searching for months for a PMY forum that's in english; I always rely to my dear google translator just to be able to understand a thing about Min Young's articles that are not translated or translated in a different language. I hope that it would be translated here in soompi. ^_^

I was able to know her through my classmates because they are always like fantasizing about Song Joong Ki and I got curious and they told me to watch SungKyunKwan scandal. I've always like dramas that has a lot of male leads (pro-reverse harem films) so it attracted my attention, a typical girl. Because PMY was the only main girl in the film, she attracted my attention. I fell in love with SJK and admired PMY. SKKS really attracted my attention so i searched everything about it (BTS, NGs, makings, press conference, interviews) and realized that MY is really jolly and cheerful, the staff even labeled her as the mascot..hahaha. She was like 90% smiling off-screen which is a good characteristic an actor should have. Normally, pretty girls would have a cold attitude toward guys because they have this 'pride' that they are beautiful but MY was different, despite being pretty she was able to be friendly around the set, not to mention that 80% of those who were in the set were males and I think she is really close with her 3 male partners based on BTS and interviews. I bet many developed a crush on her..=D I was so happy to find this forum and i hope that her fans will increase because she has a very down-to-earth personality.

I was also happy when I knew that SKKS and city hunter would be shown in the Philippines, surely her Filipino fans will increase. Too bad I might not be able to watch it in tagalog subs because of school (an incoming college freshman). Basically I wanted her to end up with all of the guys w/c is impossible..hahaha.

Can't wait for City Hunter!!!Park Min Young fighting! =D

• Like 1

Just want to share some news w/ PMY with the 3 boys because she really has chemistry with all of them...SKKS fan

PMY and PYC

1. (I know this is an old news but since it's not posted yet, I'll post it =D) JYJ's Yoo Chun reveals he has gotten closer with Park Min Young since their dating scandal

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/jyjs-yoochun-reveals-he-has-gotten-closer-with-park-min-young-since-their-dating-scandal

* When I first read it, I was like "Is yoo chun trying to make their scandal true???" and "Yoo chun-sshi is a little obvious..=D" I mean normally you wouldn't reveal about it because it implies that their scandal made them closer, and 'closer' has diverse meaning.

2. MulRang PDA (LOL)-

* I was giggling when min young was stealing the trophy and yoo chun doesn't give it to her...XD

3. At the KBS 2010 drama awards, Joong ki asked min young who is her ideal among the 3 men and yoo chun was like "you have to choose me, we have a couple award and i'm your leading man" (not to forget that they have a scandal) and when she chose yoo chun, ah in was like, "Why did you choose him? it should be me!! =D" and joong ki was like "oh, really, it's not me???" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErDsvWdYyek

* I think MY is hesitating to answer because from what I heard, her ideal man is Geol Oh (Yoo Ah In), she can't tell it because she won a couple award with YC, and it's disrespectful to choose other guys when her leading man is beside her. She also can't choose YC because they have a scandal, but because of chun's fans and chun's gesture that she has to choose him, she chose yoo chun to avoid scandals because they already have, choosing other guys might caught them up into another scandal.

4. Sweet, the way yoo chun cleaned her face...

5. The making of the scene where MY dressed as a geisha...@ 2:50 kyaaa....

6. Min Young so sweet to YC....

7. BTS of the last scene with the red book...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MFrCwpqQI

8. SKKS MAKING dvd1- http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjU2MjE4NzQ4.html

SKKS MAKING dvd2- http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjU2MjY2MTQ0.html

SKKS dvd NGs- http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjU2MTU2MTM2.html- a lot of cute scenes...=D

-actually there are a lot of MulRang moments and I have just posted some...MY has a viet site where everything about her is posted.. http://kst.vn/community/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5732&extra=&page=1

PMY and YAI

1. Yoo ah in's interview with Japanese station..@ 6:06

Q. Which actor/actress would you like to work with again???

A.@ 6:15.."Because this time, I was not with Park Min Young at the end, I hope we can act together and have roles which will love each other", @ 6:39 "To Geol Oh, he has some regrets toward min young"

* basically, he wanted to act with Min Young again and be her leading man...XD

2.so cute...

3.so sweet...

4.MY was asked to describe the 3 guys and she said 'bolmae' to YAI, meaning the more you know him, the more you fall for him..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MFrCwpqQI

5.PMY and YAI presentors at the Golden Disk awards..they came together and Ah In was really a gentleman to Min Young...

6. They look comfortable with each other, giggled on the envelope scene...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxVVW0jaW6w

-I really think that they are so close in real life...they even exchange messages in twitter..=D

PMY and SJK

-Although they are not a pair in the film, it is evident that they are close friends based on off-screen pictures and videos..=D

seen a video before but i was not able to find it i was able to find a picture, i think it's SKKS conference where Joong Ki fanned Min Young on stage and MY was laughing at Joong ki...

PICTURES:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGkipEjZpcPy-xT2b8IImHqaNWNlkWnenIMG8awUbwGMh52GbF7OGxqpc

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCdSeONu9ASzAd5d8ysg07z-IjkL2NTamoFVcznFwc6Ybk58B22w

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFTFZ6IzDFduR7Lhbmeoa0-oidLHN7Vh_Vn2awm4Lm3ThlT0PI2Q

[http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzjc4AnrohOlN-MI2P7ifoj41gxuT9wLEjBFCS1s_KujvsKsbpog

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLZjek4zP5CXBrCQbtmHjZzUtj5ogCBEGvlTR-oOplnE-u71uI

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVh_--7metnRWpr63somYNaJKulP6pXZcXy3E7RWAtrAFqC8_n9Q

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxRXe-obYA6oyEKcVreXfNV-m55KrzhJ904fo1SgnDHJQEFzkv

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTpr9yUkkLB2-pc7un9lZAdk6DZ38EvhFQwdt_Bn5G_LCBbwLbxg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbL2DHHyvl1GXA-wN0NGfXN2xtJjNkJn9A5Mk_gXgbsByFlbQR2ag9O2L3

201007151450276843407A_1.jpg

-and during the 31st blue dragon film awards, Jun Tae Su(ha in soo, the student body in SKKS), Min Young and Joong ki are sitting together...I can't find the pictures but there were pictures at PMY's viet site...

• Like 1

Guest JzzMeen

Happy Monday to all .... tomorrow is the Press Conference of City Hunter !!! the day of this week that I'm looking forward to..

Thanks to all that make this place a fun place to share everything about our dear Min Young ... I'm a lurker for a few years.. and quite new in participating actively in SOOMPI ... so I'm not really sure with " DO and DON'T " things in SOOMPI. Pease let me know or warn me if I write something that is not allowed in SOOMPI, okay ???

@renelhuang That's a good news.. please say thanks on behalf of us here... we really appreciate it...

@Yamashi02 - yes...another MY fan from SKKS. Welcome and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Indeed she can grab your attention and make you wanna know about her... I always believe,

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye. But only a few will catch your heart"

I hope she will remains as good friends with all 3... woow

YAI wants to work again with her ....:w00t:

"Because this time I was not with Park Min Young at the end. Next time I hope we can act together and have roles which loves each other."

I'm okay with that ...and I hope his wish will be granted... I think YAI and MY in SKKS has a good chemistry too..... BUT.. I think MY has a good chemistry with every guy that she paired with except "I AM SAM".. I wish she with TOP or LMH....

@mimi26 MY is quite lucky right .. working together with idols... I found out about "Haru Haru" song because of MY .. and now I love this song... and I think MY stll "friends" with Bigbang.. because I read that Min Young was one of the stars that attended Bigbang's

"BIG SHOW CONCERT" in February 2010. I read it here ==> LINK

Not so much on MY in News today... just found out that Solb has shown its support to MY by writing about "CITY HUNTER" on their blog today. " .. the most highly anticipated drama sitiheonteo --> heheh this is translation of "CITY HUNTER" if you interested just using translator to translate this link.SOLB

@ JzzMeen - yeah...there's something in her that's quite interesting...=D. It's nice to know that she have been friends with Big bang up to now..She and TOP seems to be close to each other..I'm just sad that Park Min Young attended Big Bang's concert but she didn't go to JYJ's concert with YAI and SJK!!! hahaha...maybe she wanted to go but because of the scandal, she must have just texted yoo chun and supported him secretly..

Guest JzzMeen

SBS released posters for "City Hunter"..

The posters with 4 different theme, 'ambitious', 'mysterious', 'dreamy' and 'intense'.

Link for the article in Korean, TVDaily

Only related to Min Young will be posted.. '

pos3.jpg

pos2.jpg

pos1.jpg

Credit DC.

Edited with the following translation... Thanks to Monika again....

" City Hunter" - Lee Min Ho's Superior + Park Min Young's killing smile in 4 official poster

[My Daily = Reporter Gang Seonae]

SBS latest drama "City Hunter" is releasing official posters of Lee Min Ho, Park Min Young, Lee Jun Hyeok, Goo Ha Ra and Hwang Seun Hee, their 5 protagonist characters. On 16th of May, SBS latest drama "City Hunter" (written by Hwang Eun Kyeong and Choi Su Jin, directed by Jin Hyeok) is releasing 4 series of official posters " Ambition ", "Dream", "Mysterious" and "Intense".

In releasing of "City Hunter" posters, it seems that all of the 5 actors and actress, Lee Min Ho, Park Min Young, Lee Jun Hyeok, Hwang Seun Hee hard work for the drama was all paid off. On the first poster, all character, the hero "Lee Min Ho" is showing his superior appearance, Park Min Young is showing her killing smile, Lee Jun Hyeok look relaxed and his formal suit, while Goo Ha Ra and Hwang Seun Hee fresh look is stealing attention.

In "Intense", second official poster, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young is looking sad while they seem close to each other. The two of them would be involved in a love story while Lee Min Ho is a MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) graduate and Park Min Young is a former Judo Athlete, both of them work for the presidential bodyguard.

Other "City Hunter" poster is showing the growing process of the main character. Showing Kim Sang Jun, who played the role of Lee Min Ho's nurturing father. Kim Sang Jun show his charisma through his expression, while Lee Min Ho the "City Hunter' is showing his eyes and a sharp expression, overwhelming the atmosphere.

A reflection of a foggy city in a deep blue sea in the next poster where Park Min Young is showing as Lee Min Ho's guardian angel in the ray of light is showing a mysterious feeling.

The new "City Hunter" took place at stunning 2011 in Seoul, telling the story about the growing process of a hero, where the hero gain is humanity side by his relationships with other people. City Hunter also tell the hero's struggle to defend weak people of the city. "City Hunter" would be aired first on 25 of May, replacing "49 Days' time slot.

(Reporter Gang Sonae sakang@mydaily.co.kr)

Original Source : Newsnate

English Translation : Monika

http://monika-leeminho.blogspot.com/2011/05/city-hunter-lee-min-hos-superior-park.html

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

ANYEONG!

its nice to see that there are new updates and new people here.

Hello yamashi02! Hello renelhuang! :lol:

welcome to PMY's thread. I'm very happy knowing

that PMY's thread is active nowadays. This is the day i've been

waiting for. :lol:

and did I read it right? Is there really someone kindhearted who would

translate news for us? wow, that'll be great.Please extend my thanks

to whoever she/he is. I'm very much grateful to that person. FINALLY!

but wait... how about MY's interviews on youtube?lol. Am I being demanding

here?sorry for that.

almost everybody that MY works with say she's really nice and friendly,

she must have great personality. Makes me wanna meet her in person.wah.

and gdragon says she's very pretty in person. Now I know, gdragon has

good taste. :w00t:

tomorrow will be city hunter's press conference, can't wait to see CH casts especially

our sweetest MY. what do you think will she wear? hmmm...

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

@GOGEOUS.haha her shooting pose.... ahh... I think I'm going lesbian over her”- ohhhh please  .... !!! Don’t compete with YC !! You don’t want to create a love triangle, do you ??/jk  :lol:

Oh c'mon! there's no use competing with YC, i'm sure I wont have any chance.

you should watch out for LMH though. :w00t:

:D :D :D :D :D

Just want to share some news w/ PMY with the 3 boys because she really has chemistry with all of them...SKKS fan

PMY and SJK

-Although they are not a pair in the film, it is evident that they are close friends based on off-screen pictures and videos..=D

seen a video before but i was not able to find it i was able to find a picture, i think it's SKKS conference where Joong Ki fanned Min Young on stage and MY was laughing at Joong ki...

PICTURES:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGkipEjZpcPy-xT2b8IImHqaNWNlkWnenIMG8awUbwGMh52GbF7OGxqpc

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCdSeONu9ASzAd5d8ysg07z-IjkL2NTamoFVcznFwc6Ybk58B22w

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFTFZ6IzDFduR7Lhbmeoa0-oidLHN7Vh_Vn2awm4Lm3ThlT0PI2Q

[http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzjc4AnrohOlN-MI2P7ifoj41gxuT9wLEjBFCS1s_KujvsKsbpog

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLZjek4zP5CXBrCQbtmHjZzUtj5ogCBEGvlTR-oOplnE-u71uI

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVh_--7metnRWpr63somYNaJKulP6pXZcXy3E7RWAtrAFqC8_n9Q

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxRXe-obYA6oyEKcVreXfNV-m55KrzhJ904fo1SgnDHJQEFzkv

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTpr9yUkkLB2-pc7un9lZAdk6DZ38EvhFQwdt_Bn5G_LCBbwLbxg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbL2DHHyvl1GXA-wN0NGfXN2xtJjNkJn9A5Mk_gXgbsByFlbQR2ag9O2L3

*quoted image*

-and during the 31st blue dragon film awards, Jun Tae Su(ha in soo, the student body in SKKS), Min Young and Joong ki are sitting together...I can't find the pictures but there were pictures at PMY's viet site...

Park Min Young and Song Joong Ki arer a bit close since their SidusHQ days ... both of them were traines there , and both were Jo In Sung hoobaes ^^ .... that's why they always look so close to each other

for Park Min Young and Joong Ki fans .... more pics from japanise mag! :w00t:

56115862201105160305199500121095862_000.jpg

56115862201105160305199500121095862_001.jpg

awww ... they're so cute ^^ :wub:

source : SJK KST

Hello all

One more day to go for the Press Conference. Remembering Min Young's SKKS press conference. I was so surprised then to see such a naughty actress bold enough to tease her co-stars. She sure did pull SJK n PY's leg then.

We will get to see the chemistry and the comfort level among the cast at the Press Conf tomorrow.

@ Yamashio2,

Great to see you here and thanks for those links and your analysis of her relationship with the SKKS cast. She's such a good sport and makes everyone feel comfortable around her. I still dream of an SKKS 2 though I know it is an impossible dream.

MY has become very diplomatic after the KBS awards. Did you see her section tv interview? When asked about her ideal man, she jumped from Ah In to Yoochun to Kim Kap Soo finally and when Ah In was shown her response, he said she was wily:D.

In the beg of the drama, she said her ideal man was Moon Jae Shin, but in her last interviews, she again took the diplomatic stance. Said Yeorim is the most attractive in the beg, Jaeshin reveals his charm in the middle and Sun Joon becomes very sweet in the end. But that now the drama has ended, she finds Kim Kap Soo the most attractive and she even told him so. This girl should join politics;)

I am sure she didn't attend the JYJ concert bcoz of the rumours. Still, I and Gogeous are waiting for Yoochun to come to the Cat premiere. Yes, we are quite a delusional lot out here:lol:

@ JzzMeen,

Yes, Bigbang seems to be quite close with her. I was watching the blue dragon awards(?) where she was presenting and T.O.P was there to receive his award. Felt quite happy to see him though there was no expression on his face:(. Maybe he was feeling nervous thinking about whether he was going to win something.

Actually, though T.O.P and LMH were there in ' I am Sam' and had good chemistry with her, I really wanted her to end up with the teacher. I know the teacher was plain looking and diffident, but he was so sweet and the characters were so well-drawn. I can't forget that class room scene where the teacher is advising the class in his diffident voice. Nobody is listening except for Min Young's character who sits there looking fondly at him with this smile on her face. I felt she was able to look beyond his outward appearance and see his inner beauty. Can't also forget the advice that the teacher gives the class, "Your worst teacher will be better than your boss in the real world". I think that's so true. School and college are kinder to us than the outside world.

Solb is promoting Min Young. That's so good to hear. Her advertisers are so happy with her bcoz she is so professional.

Thanks for the posters. Maybe it's my bias speaking, but MY looks the best of the bunch:P. I can see this aura around her:D. Ooh, that second poster is so intense.

@ Gogeous,

I hope LMH too has 'good taste';). We will see at the press conference tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with CH and Ripley Press Confs. JzzMeen, still no info on the venues?:P

Ok, enough with being delusional. Tomorrow is a big day for our girl. If CH works and gets good ratings, she will truly become more recognized and a lot more doors will open for her. So I pray for good chemistry between the leads and a memorable role for her where she gets to do lots of stuff. Hope everybody does their role well in CH and that we get to see a great drama. City Hunter and Min Young fighting!

Guest JzzMeen

Thanks to Monika for the translation...

"City Hunter" Producer Jin Hyeok - " Lee Min Ho is a complex but innocent actor "

osen.jpg

[OSEN = Reporter Lee Jeong Ah]

"City Hunter" Producer Jin Hyeok is showing his affection to his own drama. The latest SBS Drama "City Hunter" hat would be first aired on 25th of May is directed by Jin Hyeok. Jin Hyeok who's in charged of this drama is the one who made "The Painter of the Wind" (바람의 화원), "Prosecutor Princess" (검사 프린세스) and "Shinning Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy" (찬란한 유산) is impressed by the progress of the drama made by his hands. All of Jin Hyeok's three works is highly popular and enjoyed by many people.

Jin Hyeok is busy working on his latest drama "City Hunter" that would be aired first at 25th of May. but in the middle of his business, he's showing his hopes and his confidence in the drama he's working at right now.

PD Jin Hyeok said " Usually, in my works, i get along with the actors to study their character. it's no difference with Lee Min Ho, we spent a lot of time talking while we're working together..." And he also said " Lee Min Ho is a pure and innocent actor, but he's also complex..he's also a potential actor and got an endless future, and got a lot to learn..he's a talented actor, so i want to bring a lot of him through this work..." In addition, PD Jin Hyeok also said that he expect a lot from other casts such as Park Min Young, Lee Jun Hyeok and Goo Ha Ra.

PD Jin Hyeok said " Park Min Young is a bright actress, who would bring a fresh air and to the set..i'm doing the right thing by choosing her to work with me, and she show her enthusiasm..that two points is the positive side of her..Lee Jun Hyeok is always ready for "City Hunter" action scenes and he's always present them well..."

And Jin Hyeok PD also said " Ask Goo Ha Ra for this..the first challenge in this drama is for each actor and actress to left their image and making a brand new image...they have their own worries, but they still fell ambitious for this drama...And believe me, all of the actors is doing their best and for that, i'm really thankful..."

Meanwhile, "City Hunter" is based on a Japanese manga with the same name. The new "City Hunter" set is change to 2011 in Seoul, Korea while the original took place in Tokyo, Japan on 1980. The 30 years difference between the original and the new version makes some changes in historical background and characters.

Happy@osen.co.kr

Original Source : Newsnate

English Translation : Monika 

Note from Monika : P.S -> Dear my readers, you're free to made corrections in every translation i made, Thank You...^^

http://monika-leeminho.blogspot.com/2011/05/city-hunter-producer-jin-hyeok-lee-min.html?spref=tw

The CH press conference was so cute!!!! Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho are so, as in super comfortable with each other based on their pictures together...Lee min ho was smiling greatly, I mean because it's so unusual to male actors to smile greatly as i have seen from previous dramas...Min Young was also close to Goo Ha Ra (KARA), they have a pic wherein they're holding hands and hara was like leaning on Min Young on the backstage..emitting a sister-sister relationship..=D

What;s great about Min Young is that she always smiles and makes people around her happy, Also during the SKKS press conference, she always smiles and is always comfortable with her co-stars..

@the girl who!

Super thanks for the pics!!! I know that they were at the same agency before, but i didn't know that they knew each other before SKKS!!waahhh...thanks for the information...I wish they will have a drama together wherein they are partners..too bad Joong Ki didn't accept the lead role in 'Running Shirt', PMY was the female lead there...but it might also be a good decision, because RS was like broadcast months before the airing of SKKS and it's a little awkward when they will play as lovers there and in SKKS they're like only friends..oh well!!!I still hope for a PMY/SJK reunion..

still waiting for the translators...=D

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

yes your absolutely right, yamashi02, Park Min Young and Lee Min Ho seems really close

and comfortable with each other. Every time I see pictures of them together I can't help but

to notice Lee Min Ho's smiling face. He seems to be really enjoying Park Min Young's company. :w00t:

Guest JzzMeen

Hi to all... so how's ur day??? Enjoying pictures from "City Hunter" press conference....?

Share some of Min Young :

20110517154314431.jpg

2011051714165011171.jpg

8805a0027986c08c9a67e0f30dec72e2.jpg

2173_L_1305615660.jpg

46dac70af2fe2080adc1180a7c1828bb.jpg

Credit as tagged.

If you want to watch the press conference ( I suggest you do if you want  to see cute and pretty MY.!!.:D)

Part 1    

Part 2

Part 3

(Thanks to uploader)

Guest JzzMeen

Min Young and co-stars

Kim Nana with Lee Yoon Sung

300261435.jpg

The possible love triangle between Choi Da-Hye - Lee Yoon-Sung - Kim Nana

300259270.jpg

Another possible triangle Lee Yoon-Sung - Kim Nana - Kim Young-Joo

2ca36a633611244dc9597e4e1cd5ff01.jpg

Main casts with the scriptwriter and PD... Fighting Team City Hunter !!!!!

300210002.jpg

Guest renelhuang

Sorry for being late. Actually we have problem with Traslation long before. Because our traslator is too busy to study. Not long before we tried to find another one. But now because of some personal problem he can maybe only once a week translate( I mean from Korean to chinese). hope we can solve the problem soon. But i have good news too^^  I have talked with @JzzMeen  In China there is a team who always translates koreadrama. This time they will translate CH too. So later we will have a few Info about  the drama self.  

And we have a few of friends, who can trans CH to En well. So we will try our best to share the News about MY, which we have known^^

By the way, today MY is so cute haha^^

60_2580_184363806dce381.jpg

There is a new in allkpop:)

Source: Star News via Nate

Park Min Young feels most comfortable around “City Hunter” co-star Lee Min Ho

ITALWARNING on May 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm

During an interview at the SBS Broadcasting Center on May 17th, actress Park Min Young confessed that out of all the co-stars she has worked with so far in her career, she feels most comfortable around her fellow “City Hunter” co-star, Lee Minho.

The actress stated, “We became really good friends five years ago through work. Even though we weren’t able to be in touch a lot, we still knew each other very well.”

She continued, “That’s why I was a bit worried about acting romantic scenes with him. Because I know him too well, I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to properly act out heartfelt scenes.”

“However, five years is a long time. Lee Minho and I have both developed and improved as actors in that time frame. I see new sides of him that I couldn’t see before.”

With regards to Lee Minho’s frequent Judo sparring scenes in the drama, Park Min Young commented, “He’s acquired enough skill to the point where he doesn’t need stuntmen to act for him. Judo isn’t only about strength, but also about the harmony, but since Minho is quite athletic and has good coordination, doing shoulder throws comes natural to him now.”

in this website there is a short Video about the CH Press Conference:)

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/05/17/2011051701828.html

Guest renelhuang

hope this link is active.

CH new 9 min Teaser

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY3NzE5NzY0.html

20110517 CH Press Conference 47min Video

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY3NzAzNTI0.html

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/park-min-young-feels-most-comfortable-around-city-hunter-co-star-lee-min-ho

*Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!! they knew each other for 5 years that's why they're soooooo close with each other...just look at Lee Min Ho's shy smile, there's something?? (or am i reading too much?? XD)...LOL, but, Min Young-sshi, how about Chunnie???

Can't wait for City Hunter..=D