Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Wow Chinese Gossip Girl! I was a huge fan of the original GG and I couldn't be more excited. I wonder what role she'll play. I'd love it if she played Blair Waldorf's (aka Queen Bee) counterpart. :) Btw, Kim Bum's GG-inspired Chinese drama had already been aired last year. It's called 'V Love' I think. This upcoming drama is probably from the same production.

Guest Eileen531

Yup you are correct JzzMeen,
I read that on a second search and posted it further down. I guess I should of edited my original post so there won't be confusion.  Thank god it's them being older too, I can't picture her playing that immature.

Hello everybody.
@saved2k I am back at the right moment.

Welcome back, my dears @JzzMeen and @AndOne Missed you lots. Thanks @blossomnagr for the updates. Checked out your tumblr page. It looks really nice. Waiting to see many gifs of MY.

@JzzMeen is back with good news. You always come up with good quotes in your banners. Definitely, the best thing in life is to hold on to some great people who are my mates in this fandom.

Hi to all the newbies and the oldies. Looks like this thread is going to be super crowded for some time now that we are getting to hear news about her chinese project.

I haven't watched GG and get the feeling it is not my usual cup of tea, yeah, but from the summary, I was also wondering if  Blair is the more interesting female character @Eileen531.

Wonder how they are gonna do it. Will it be a large star cast? Will Min Young be required for all the 30 episodes if it is an ensemble cast? What is going to be her role and who is gonna be her male lead? Many of us have been wanting to see MY play a rich character for a change. That is definitely gonna happen and from the looks of it, the female character would be pretty different from what we have seen MY play for some years now. Warner bros n the original team getting behind this remake are positive developments. Let's see how it works out. I hope it is university n not high school. Please, no!

Btw is the actor dog from NY she is following on insta gonna be a character in this chinese drama? She is definitely gonna shoot there, right?

Guest Eileen531

No you didn't saved2K, I  did write avid but then I thought about it and that wasn't what I wanted to say and edited it. lol. All's good. lolYup you are correct maybe that was another project that KB worked on and it's done.  So GG is a big deal in your country so this is why I can imagine in China it would be a big deal too.  If it's a big production and big name director then they are putting money into it.  I only hope they keep the quality and story line (that will be the challenge) good.  After a while you can get tired of bratty 20 somethings behaving naughty.
I was really intrigued with the first thing (project) we heard Minyoung was supposed to be doing.....not gonna lie I'm a little disappointed.  That story line was definitely something I've not seen. Fingers crossed all works out in the end.

Guest Eileen531

Mimi26,The thing is in the American GG they well had many male leads and they switched back and forth. Sorry I don't know how else to explain it. One couple breaks up and someone had a fling here.....so it sounds distasteful and everyone knows it's not how they should behave but it was a TV show.  Blake Lively was the nicer character and Leighton Meester's character was as....... vvxen said, the (queen Bee) - the leader of the pack the one in control.  When the show was airing it was the hot topic just like how saved2K is saying how popular it is in her country it was the same here.  
Now that I think of it, this will really be funny to see how they pull this off. The show had so many story lines.  But it's news of Minyoung so I can't help feeling excited about it.  

Eileen531 said:
I was really intrigued with the first thing (project) we heard Minyoung was supposed to be doing.....not gonna lie I'm a little disappointed.  That story line was definitely something I've not seen. Fingers crossed all works out in the end.

More news about our eonni & @blossomnagr is back :D so happy, but we have to wait until the end of the year to watch that :( 
I am super excited about it because of uri Min Young beside I'm learning Chinese so I can do both my homework and watching it at the same time haha B-) I should keep my patience :-BThis week will be great and hope she update this week.Have a wonderful week everyone! :x

Guest Eileen531

Omgosh, Mimi26,    I definitely took that as a true synopsis and thought you had read it somewhere.  Every time I tried to research it for updates, I could never come up with anything and I thought this is the best kept secret of Minyoung's future project. lol.  I am really dense and I so apologize for taking your well intended story idea and thinking it was the project.  Oh brother, I am a lost cause. lol.  Thanks for clearing that up or I would of gone through life worrying about it.Buries head in embarrassment. Thanks Mimi26. lol

Too bad can't log in using my laptop caught a virus. Downloaded a free anti malware but can't open my trading account. Have to uninstall it huhuhu. Can't do much using my phone huhuhu. So can't post MY pics here sad

@Eileen531 No probs. I should also be careful from now on and really qualify my statements. Otherwise I can end up confusing people. Anyway, at least that would get rid of your disappointment regarding another storyline waiting for MY. The Zealand got swapped for York. LOL

Tbh, I am having mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am super happy it is much much bigger than we thought, but on the other hand, it won't be an original drama and big need not necessarily be good. But I don't know how closely they will be following the original. The target audience is different, their sensibilities are as well. So, it may turn out to be a much more toned down version considering mainland china dramas have many restrictions in their content.
I am not that enthused after reading up the basic story. With me, once they switch back and forth with the BFs and stuff, I slowly start losing interest. Hmm... but since this is a 30 episode drama, the team will be more focused with the story line, I guess. Min Young may play a chinese version of Blair since she is interested in doing comedy n Blair, wiki, tells me is "the comically vain overachiever".  (Qualifying this again, this is just pure speculation on my part. I have not heard any rumours. :-j )

They will release news about the director soon. Let's see who all are gonna be cast. Anyway, was MY was pointing to this drama when she said she wanted to play a second generation chaebol heir who lazes around rather than works?
PiyuMiUmesha said:ANDWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Oh no plzz  :(( :(( :(( I want to hear her sweet voice plz drama god  [-O

Hi Guys! What can I say... this thread is really awesome. Thank you guys for all the news. I'm so excited about PMY GG project. It's confirmed right? Well, she deserves it to the fullest. I hope she gets more attention in a positive way in China. Who's gonna be the guy lead btw? Is it a Korean actor?Haven't watched GG actually, I'm pretty old for that I guess lol. Lets see what I can get from PMY doing it. I am really going to support this drama of hers. Proud to be a fan of Park Min Young! Fighting MYssi!

Guest adniRose

Eileen531 said: Haha, thank god I was reading it will be taking place in college and not high school.  I hope she plays Leighton Meester she plays Blair Waldorf. That character is meatier and shows interesting development.  They called it China Girl. lmao.
Oh gosh, if this is true and Kim Bum is in this then his character will be close to pmy.....Read his name mentioned but that was 6/29/14 so things change.  They are good friends right when Pmy was with KK.......but....