Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

@xoxoforme @vvxen I like all your inputs on the characters. Im with you on Nate. But I didn't like Dan from the very beginning I don't know why. And when he started to have feelings for Blair that was it for me (dude can't u just look outside the box!!). I could no longer tolerate him then came the finale surprise I was like, MEH whatever. I didn't like Chuck and his coldness but he grew on me later, though not so much, Blair and Dorota where my fav characters and my fav pair. That's why I didn't like the show so much. Not so many likable characters for me there. But I'm excited for the Chinese remake coz I have a feeling I will like it with PMY, great cast, and the not so crazy plot I hope.

Min Young's early dramas were High School dramas where she played female leads who were loved for their looks, but were cold and not very approachable.  I haven't fully watched Unstoppable High Kick, so may be others who have watched the show can fill in on how the role was. But in 'I am Sam', she played a rich gangster's daughter. The boys in her school used to like her for her beauty which angered the 'it-girls' in school (but in such a loser school as hers, the it-girls though evil were more funny than annoying). So, in the 2nd episode, there was this whole face off between them and her. They tried to bully her into leaving the school, but she stayed on and bullied them back. She also got into a fight with the school loner and toughie played by T.O.P, but then they ended up as friends. 
Those who have watched Min Young in her later dramas may see her image as mainly sweet and nice, but I wouldn't really say she is alien to the whole campus 'it-girl' thing. The kdramas she did may not have been as in-your-face scandalous as GG and Min Young's characters there were more cute than sexy,but she has done enough to make me believe that she can pull it off. In fact, because of her early dramas, many of Min Young's co-stars used to have the first impression that she is a cold person in real life. 

Kim Bum played the best friend of the guy who loved Min Young's character in High Kick. This is that famous scene where he fantasizes about her.

This is Kim Bum falling for Kang Yu Mi the fashionista n Kim Bum kissing his BFF's girlfriend. Slightly Gossip Girlish <:-P

This is the part where Kim Bum and Kang Yu Mi get into a fight. You can see her tough and cold side here

@ReemKanabta Haha no worries, I know some who also have their reservations about Dan. :D I think part of the reason why I grew fond of him in the show is that I like his characterization better in there than in the novel. I I didn't like how the author tackled him in the latter by making him all broody and borderline introverted (not that I find anything wrong with introverts, it's just that the writer took it to the extreme). Apart from that, his obsession with Serena was downright creepy and stalker-ish and to my relief, I didn't find any of that in the show because he gave off the vibe of just another lovestruck boy . I hope I'll be able to say the same for the Chinese version. The last thing I'd want to see is some shady guy stalking MY haha. 

the caption of PMY last ig vid:ahh it's refreshing.. sunshine, breeze, sea #family trip #wedding #콩알들 (khong-al-deul) #Hello #the last holiday
*sorry if there's mistranslation
EDIT:This is what I got from PMY DC Gallery (please correct me if I'm wrong):PMY DC Gallery's name is 햇살카페 'Haet-sal-cafe' (Sunshine Cafe)PMY DC Gallery Host is called Sunshine Gallery Host (note: when they call it, it refer to PMY herself)PMY fan in DC Gallery is called 커피콩 'Kheo-Phi-Khong' (Coffee Bean). That's why they are called in short 콩알들 'Khong-al-deul' (beans). 'Khongaldeul' (Beans) is abbrevation of 'Kheophikhong' (Coffee Bean).
I wonder why do they call themselves Coffee Bean? Is it because PMY likes Coffee?
EDIT (again):I guess we didn't hear her update before because she was busy with her unnie' wedding..Waah, congratulation to PMY's unnie for her wedding! =D>  :D 
Wish PMY wedding follows after... (soon  ;)   )! kkkkk  ;))

I hope PMY's groom is the man in my signature! LOL.. shawryyy *helpless shipper soul*  =))

OO1230 said: the caption of PMY last ig vid:ahh it's refreshing.. sunshine, breeze, sea #family trip #wedding #콩알들 (khong-al-deul) #Hello #the last holiday
So, is 콩알 (khong-al) a nickname for PMY fan? or is it only for PMY fans in DC??ㅍ콩알 is bean(?)why PMY fans is called 콩알들??

OO1230 said: the caption of PMY last ig vid:ahh it's refreshing.. sunshine, breeze, sea #family trip #wedding #콩알들 (khong-al-deul) #Hello #the last holiday
EDIT:This is what I got from PMY DC Gallery (please correct me if I'm wrong):PMY DC Gallery's name is 햇살카페 'Haet-sal-cafe' (Sunshine Cafe)PMY DC Gallery Host is called Sunshine Gallery Host (note: when they call it, it refer to PMY herself)PMY fan in DC Gallery is called 커피콩 'Kheo-Phi-Khong' (Coffee Bean). That's why they are called in short 콩알들 'Khong-al-deul' (beans). 'Khongaldeul' (Beans) is abbrevation of 'Kheophikhong' (Coffee Bean).
I wonder why do they call themselves Coffee Bean? Is it because PMY likes Coffee?

@mimi26Yes, we could say coffee beans in a sunshine gallery ^^Her daum fan cafe is Pretty Angel... that's all I know about it..  #-oahahahaI registered to her daum cafe just now.. I have not yet found anything new.. kkkk :))

OO1230 said: @mimi26Yes, we could say coffee beans in a sunshine gallery ^^Her daum fan cafe is Pretty Angel... that's all I know about it..  #-oahahahaI registered to her daum cafe just now.. I have not yet found anything new.. kkkk :))

mimi26 said: Wow, I have never been able to enter her daum cafe even after registering. :( It somehow never worked out. Please let us know if you find some goodies there.
No wonder, her fans on DC Gall call themselves different kinds of beans now. Can see from their names. ^_^

Guest blossomnagr

Thanks @OO1230 for the info and translation. So Min Young approved the name of 'beans' for her K fandom?! Alright. Beans it is 

@vvxen - Nate is another potential for my liking. He's such a pretty boy but turnout to be just a womanizer. Perhaps it takes a lot of twist and turns if you run a looooong series like that. LOL. I'd like to see who battles for PMY when she plays Serena. Who will she choose this time? Will it be the same old 'Dan' or 'Nate'? Or two combine? Ha! That's quite an intense. 
@ReemKabta - I understand your point. But to me, Dan and Blair had clearly have a storyline from the beginning of the season. The writers couldn't just put them together after all the 'unlikeliness' they share in first season. Either of them are the least person they want for a companion. But they've changed as the season went on. From enemies, to a secret friend, to best friends then lovers. I even thought they were endgame after all. I guess the writers wanted for 'Chair' endgame. Chuck and Blair were inseparable for 1st and 2nd season but the writers destroyed them without having any intentions as they produced for another season. There's no reason for me to make a fuss. This is clearly my opinion. I'm just hoping they won't be naive when creating a new better version of the series. I have high hopes for PMY and the rest of the team. <3

@xoxoforme My thoughts exactly. He flitted from one woman to another and even hooked up with a cougar. Yeah, it will be a treat to see two men fighting for MY's affections. But for now, I'm still all for "Lonely Boy" Dan.  :D

@xoxoforme I was surprised at Dan at the end he was so into Blair and then :-?? Maybe that's why I didn't have a heart for the show they kept missing all relationships :)) but I'm eager to see how the chinese characters will turn out :-bd

콩알들 (BEANS) SEE US!!
YES_zpswg1xh6ax.jpg
Translation (Some of words I don't know what it mean)
In Weibo is like that, in soompi is like that, 인별 태그에 they were curious what is 콩알들 (Beans)
That person visited our gall, (I) wanna tell her that her interpretation is right but
(I) cannot find a way to answer!! kkkkkk
(She) would come again and see (this), right?
That's right! 갤주(PMY) likes coffee, that's why we call ourselves 커피콩 (Coffee Beans)  kkk
Seems there's also a right guess that if see our nicknames, we call ourselves as various kinds of pea/bean
There's also talk that 갤러들 (PMY DC Gall fans) are lucky as it seems 갤주 (PMY) often visit here. kk
Today is really full of 덕심
*what is 덕심?!! I don't know! :((edit: in my next post there's explanation about 덕심. check it out~ ^^

SO HAPPY!! OMG!! DAEBAK!!They are cute! kkkWhen I saw it, my heart was dugeun dugeun excited!! They see us! We see them! PMY fans United!!! XDDMy hands were shaking when I tried to screen-cap it, translate, and type it here! XDD
I know how it feel when that person said that he/she wannna answer us here but cannot find a way. It's same with us, PMY fans in Soompi. When we visit DC Gall, sometime we want to ask question on their post or want to comment their post. But we don't know how! What is this! ahahaha :)Yet we know each other and what we talk! so cute! kkk

Guest blossomnagr

@OO1230 that's great news. I am glad PMY DC fans are lurking here as well. Yes indeed, PMY fans are united. Happy that Park Min Young shi is checking DC so she is reading our support messages as well. keep fighting! We love you Park Min Youngshi 

@vvxen - Still crossing my fingers. Hoping they'll cast a good actor. 'Lonely Boy' is still my type of underdog.  >:)
@ReemKanabta - True! It's a total scandal. I don't even think it would happen in real life. LOL. And I'm with you on the remake. We'll see if we can test the water to spark. [-O<

Guest blossomnagr

Should we, i fans call ourselves somehow as well? We might not get PMY approval on IG for I am unsure whether she checks soompi but we can have some name for our fandom. calling :)] all new and old PMY fans for discussion LOL. Any suggestions?  ;))

EDIT @Eileen531 Yes, I do remember smth like that, was it 'Minvilies? 

Guest Eileen531

Mimi26,Do you remember a few years back story of "Minverlys" (might of spelled that wrong)? It was on fb a few years back and I believe it was you at the time who enlightened us on how the Ensuns name came about.   The question that came up was what to name her other fandom?  But I forget the origin of "minverly".....does this at all sound familiar to you?   #LostinTime....#
I like the "beans" it definitely fits our favorite lady.