Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

At last connection is back! haha...The rain is pouring here like forever, thank goodness it stopped. :) Girls, is it raining in your place too? Be careful not to catch a cold! Health is precious and it's very important to take care of it, so don't stress yourself too much with work and with the crazy antis. Stay healthy and strong! (I sound like a mother lol)
@annealcones You're on the roll girl! haha, thanks for making this thread active. Like you, my body doesn't want to go out in bed because it's so tempting to sleep when it's raining hehe. And yes, I'm still schooling; I'm in college. Do I look old for my age? :(( haha :D
Min Young looks so cute shooing the insect away! haha...Is it SSH who spoke in the mic or the director? According to my personal language translator hehe, the reporter said that she's still pretty doing that. 
I was worried with Min Young's tweet. But like what I told mimi before, even in the BTS pics she looked tired so I'm not surprised if she tweets something like this. But then, I think she has the right to speak what's in her mind. I just don't understand the haters, it is as if they want Min Young to be silent forever and accepts what is given to her;her every move is being monitored by these haters. But what I like about Min Young is that she speaks what's in her mind and is not the kind of person who will keep silent because the public wants her to be. She's a strong woman who knows her priorities and goals in life. She maybe tired today but I know she will still continue to impress us more. I hope she will go into a vacation after Dr. Jin to relax and enjoy life.
I'm so happy seeing the daum rankings. Min Young is now in 2nd place! Yipee...now this proves that we can do it right? Continue voting! Even though the FB votes are disappointing, we should try our best to continue voting. Aja! :)
Good day! :):D

Guest lifesoeasy

At last connection is back! haha...The rain is pouring here like forever, thank goodness it stopped.

:)

Girls, is it raining in your place too? Be careful not to catch a cold! Health is precious and it's very important to take care of it, so don't stress yourself too much with work and with the crazy antis. Stay healthy and strong! (I sound like a mother lol)

@annealcones You're on the roll girl! haha, thanks for making this thread active. Like you, my body doesn't want to go out in bed because it's so tempting to sleep when it's raining hehe. And yes, I'm still schooling; I'm in college. Do I look old for my age?

:(

( haha

:D

Min Young looks so cute shooing the insect away! haha...Is it SSH who spoke in the mic or the director? According to my personal language translator hehe, the reporter said that she's still pretty doing that. 

I was worried with Min Young's tweet. But like what I told mimi before, even in the BTS pics she looked tired so I'm not surprised if she tweets something like this. But then, I think she has the right to speak what's in her mind. I just don't understand the haters, it is as if they want Min Young to be silent forever and accepts what is given to her;her every move is being monitored by these haters. But what I like about Min Young is that she speaks what's in her mind and is not the kind of person who will keep silent because the public wants her to be. She's a strong woman who knows her priorities and goals in life. She maybe tired today but I know she will still continue to impress us more. I hope she will go into a vacation after Dr. Jin to relax and enjoy life.

I'm so happy seeing the daum rankings. Min Young is now in 2nd place! Yipee...now this proves that we can do it right? Continue voting! Even though the FB votes are disappointing, we should try our best to continue voting. Aja!

:)

Good day!

:):D

Guest lifesoeasy

Hello everyone....

DR JIN bts pics...

88794f93tw1dv6k3lunuej.jpg
BASIC HOUSEa141454dgw1dv6kbzusufj.jpg

credit WEIBO

Thanks for the voting info on DAUM, @whyiamhere22  MY fans are awesome and they never give up. Happy that she is on 2nd place on DAUM. Just hope FB votes get better...

Let us continue with our voting and do our best!

Thank you everyone for all the updates. Had a busy day, so no time to properly post here. But glad to see @saved2k and @yamashi02 back. Thanks @JzzMeen for the cutie pics and @pards for bringing out the GJI grandmom connection (The lady with her short hair in GJI fooled me). Thanks @annealcones for your unbridled enthusiasm and thank you and @whyiamhere22 for the voting updates. Good night everyone!

Guest lifesoeasy

Thank you everyone for all the updates. Had a busy day, so no time to properly post here. But glad to see @saved2k and @yamashi02 back. Thanks @JzzMeen for the cutie pics and @pards for bringing out the GJI grandmom connection (The lady with her short hair in GJI fooled me). Thanks @annealcones for your unbridled enthusiasm and thank you and @whyiamhere22 for the voting updates. Good night everyone!

07.20.2012 Minyoung's interview w/ Korean Daily.
She says, “I’m totally absorbed … in this sorrowful romance. I’m really good at crying loudly.”
She is Park Min Young, currently acting as 2 tragic characters at a time, in drama “Doctor Jin”.
“Just a while earlier, my surgery ended successfully!”
When talking about her drama, Actress Park Min Young (26) gets chirpy and alive. The drama is “Doctor Jin”, aired on the weekends, about Jin Hyuk (Song Seung Heon), who is a Joseon doctor that is able to travel through time to use modern medical techniques to save lives.
In the drama, Park Min Young takes on two roles, first as Jin Hyuk’s modern-day lover and good-natured doctor “Yoo Mi Na”, as well as his Joseon lover “Hong Young Rae” who learns medicine from Jin Hyuk. Although this dual role is a bigger challenge compared to her boyish scholar character “Kim Yoon Hee” in “SKKS” (2010) and bodyguard “Kim Na Na” in “City Hunter” (2011), she has excelled in her character portrayals since the beginning of the drama, and has earned praise for her crying scenes in the drama’s later half.
I had an interview with her at Yeouido on the night of July 20.
Answer: “These days, almost all scenes are tragic and involve crying, it requires so much energy from me, there were times when I really wanted to give up,” she said with a smile, and continued, “Getting married in a bid to save her family yet being painfully in love with someone else – you can say that Young Rae is a female lead of a sorrowful romance. Although the drama is about medicine in the Joseon times, I’m really absorbed with its charms of this ‘sorrowful romance’.”
Despite rave reviews, is Min Young disappointed that Doctor Jin’s ratings are beaten by competing drama A Gentleman’s Dignity?
Answer “I was nervous too, after hearing that our competitor was AGD. (laughs) Initially the ratings were neck to neck, there were much interest for our drama, there were viewers who liked our work, so we didn’t do too bad in the ratings. Anyway, the most important truth is that with regards to ratings, it’s so unpredictable only the gods will know how it will work out. Haha.”
Since her debut in 2006 sitcom “Unstoppable High Kick” as mysterious high school girl “Kang Yoo Mi”, Park Min Young can be considered to have achieved stardom today. She will likely continue to be cast as the female leads in more works, receive awards and her future path is bright.
Answer: To all these, she says, “My experiences of an actress can be compared to the enduring the passing of a dark dawn to welcome a beautiful morning thereafter.” She continued, “I went into a slump after finishing Ja Myung Go (2009). I realized I cannot only be satisfied if I’m the only who finds my acting acceptable. I also wondered whether I should continue acting or not. I gained strength from acting in 2010 short drama (MBC Running, 9) before gaining confidence from SKKS.”
When told that she is getting more praise with her acting performances,
she replies, “I have put in a lot of hard work these past 6 years, as much as I can to avoid over-exertion to my body,” ending with a slight smile. “To me, acting is about meeting a new character, much like an experience in a fairytale. If the character is enjoying herself, I would be happy the whole day, if she is sad, I will also be so absorbed in the character and feel depressed too. Now, no matter what kind of transformation the character undergoes or the difficulty of the acting, I will take on the challenge without fear.”
Park Min Young also attracts much attention besides her acting. She was accused of being a “plastic beauty” and admitted to having plastic surgery in a 2010 interview. Last year, she was again in the limelight for falling in and out of love with her co-star in a drama.
She says, “I guess this is the fate of a celebrity. I myself also monitor the internet use very closely, I’m human, and I admit I can’t say that “I’m not hurt at all, I am unaffected by all this.” All I am sure about is that in the past 6 years I have learnt how to discern things for myself. Which comments are useful criticism, that kind of skill. If I really hate them (bad comments) so much, I should stop (being a celebrity) right? Haha.”She also said, “I’m a free spirit, so I really don’t know what will happen to me in the future.” “I don’t harp too much for the far future, my style is to live fully in the present. Although currently to me the air at shooting locations is the freshest, I understand that nobody can predict how life can change. Maybe one day I will suddenly announce I’m getting married, maybe one day I will become somebody’s wife, or become a child’s mother... Whether it’s acting, or anything else, I will always make the happiest choice.”
After “Doctor Jin”, what does she plan to do?
Park Min Young simply replied, “Self-contemplation”. Is this a spiritual reply? She said, “This is the title of my remaining compulsory liberal arts module in school (Dong Guk Uni). The school has been contacting me, asking how I’m going to finish this course, so I have to quickly finish my “Self-Contemplation” to graduate. (She sighs a bit) I’m entered the uni in 2004, you know.”

=================================================================
Please credit: Shyangz (my fav soompi writer thanks for this treat!) + minmincouple.wordpress.com if taken out.

Guest AndOne

@leslielei: thank u for the translated interview!!! Finally, a proper interview -- I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it  :x

Her answers to ratings, acting expectations and how she deal with negativity from antis are so honest, consistent and relatable- not the usual celeb sugar coating and beating around the bush responses. She knows who she is and what she wants. Fly high, MY- I'm waiting for the day you graduate, and be whatever you want to be at the end- as long as you are happy, I'm happy for you as your fan   :-*   >:D<

Guest _lovepmy

it's been a while since she last gave an interview last this and I missed it... as always Minyoung says what's she feels and what's on her mind... not just trying to please the readers.

so proud of her being an honest person!she speaks whats on her mind but sometimes being honest can sometimes lead into haters attraction!haha..

im having trouble logging in to daum today..only my 1 ID capable to vote but my others cant..do i have to reg again using another email? whatcha think my mentors @mimi26 @jzzmen and @yamashi02??hehe

she still on top2 in DAUM with 14%

thank you @leslie_lei por posting.. enjoy your stay in melbourne.. ayo ayo diha dhay

:)) ;))

Thanks leslie and the soompi writer for the translation. The name of the course cracked me up. "Self contemplation"? Hehe. And she joined the university in 2004? Oh my god! Time she graduated! LOL

She seems to be more at peace now and more relaxed with her own acting skills. I think playing YR has made her aware of her skills in playing a serious role which she hasn't done in a while. I wish she would tackle a good romcom next and challenge herself playing a strong character in that genre as well. It's also nice to know she has gone beyond caring for stupid bashers' comments. Like she said, it is part and parcel of being a celeb though I must say female celebs in Korea have it rougher than others.

From her interview after SKKS up to now, I can see that free spirit attitude in her. She has always made it clear that she won't stick with something if she is not happy with it. I will be happy for her if she goes into marriage or motherhood when the time comes since these are also important personal needs, but I wish she would continue acting for a long time. I think she with her good choice of strong female roles can set a precedent for younger actresses and so I hope she keeps on doing good roles.

@annealcones Yes, laziness is a big problem. :( Then you feel sad that you are letting the people around you down. Once Jin ends, I will concentrate fully on my studies. Anyway, there are so many PMY fans to update the thread regularly now. So I can feel relaxed. :)

@whyiamhere22 Just try after some time. If it doesn't work even then, try changing your password. I think ComeOn_3 knows how the password changing is done if you need any help.

Happy to see MY enjoying being a viewer after her 3 month stint as an actress. :)

everyone was on their peak of ecstacy today when min young tweeted!  no wonder twitterland was so busy,she can cure everyones boredoom isnt it??

:)) :))

@mimi26 maybe i should change my password,and  try to ask comeon_3 on how to do it.. thanks

just continue focus on your studies afterall a lot of people in this thread continues to update with us but do visit her sometimes we need you..

:))

Min Young never fails to impress me with her answers in her interviews; it's very honest and straight-forward. She doesn't speak just to gain the favor of the public but she speaks to gain the favor of herself. She knows what she wants and takes the path that makes her the happiest; in her every endeavor I will support her since I know she knows what she's doing. 
What I like about her interviews is her concept of uncertainty; she's always receptive about change. She's not sure what her future is whether it'll be a wife and mother or to continue acting, but I'm sure she will do great in both fields. I hope she finds happiness with what she believes will make her happy.
Just by looking at her marriage answers makes me think that she is already deeply thinking about her marriage; she mentioned before that she's not young anymore and so marriage thoughts must be already in her mind. Maybe we should get ready since Min Young is very unpredictable, we might be surprised that one day she will announce she'll be marrying somebody that is unknown to us or a guy we never thought she will fall to, but I hope she continues acting even after marriage because it's such a waste of her skills, though I'm not saying that her being a housewife is not productive and fulfilling at all; I've always feel that she wants to be a good wife to her husband. :)
To everyone who makes this thread active, thank you for your time and effort! I've always appreciate everything you do to make everyone here happy with the updates and stuff. Aja! :)