Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Guest AndOne

@yamashi02: I think she does know how to cook, remember the interview during KDB CF when she said that she would marry herself because she can cook and will prepare her future husband breakfast? haha and the guy interviewer was like "I love you"   :)

I wonder what will KT do now? On one hand YH tried to kill his dad, but now his brother tortured his ex-fiance. I have an ominous feeling that Dr.Jin ending is not going to be the typical cotton candy K-drama happy ending. Waaaaa not complaining just bracing myself for a heartbreak or two or three  =((

AwTiI86CQAEXalS.jpg
AwTjx9vCEAEi121.jpg:large
cre: @ComeOn_3 twitter
The torture scenes were really disturbing. How evil are those people! She has done them no wrong till now and worse, they are the ones who did it and trying to make her confess. They might think she will crack first since she is a woman and a noble woman at that. But glad to see her proving them wrong! PMY has done a wonderful job as YR! More power to her!

I think I am falling for the OTP especially after the last scene in episode 10. I saw some comments in viki as well which made me look at their relationship closely. As one commenter noted, Jin has been in so many situations where his life has been under threat. All those times, he has been so calm and cool. It was only when he saw YR in so much pain and sees her calmness and defiance in front of her torturers that he really loses control. His empathy for her suffering makes him react in a way he has not done so far. Even his suffering doesn't evoke the same reaction from him. Wow, it was such a touching scene!

Of course, coming from a world where men know how to treat women well makes a difference compared to Joseon when men were more patriarchal. But still, there are so many jerks even today that it is good to see a good guy. Even in the modern world, Jin was the kind of guy who would let his GF do her thing and the kind of guy who doesn't mind being a part of whatever his GF dragged him into. Young Rae, in that sense, is a very passive girl when compared to Mi Na. But I can understand what she admires in him. He never wants credit for any of his medical successes letting Doctor Huh blow his own trumpet over things he didn't do. Also, he does not at all consider her indebted to him in any way though he has saved the lives of her brother and mother. He only wants her to be treated well by whoever marries her and despite his budding feelings for Young Rae, he requests Kyung Tak to give importance to her wishes and not force his on her. Even after she comes to the clinic after breaking off the engagement, he asks her to go back and marry Kyung Tak. Though Young Rae is so reserved a person, it is only to Jin that she opens about her ambitions and even her worries about her mother. It is he who realizes how gifted she is and is vocal about it as well. Young Rae feels very comfortable around him and there is so much unspoken trust and understanding between them. She can ask him any question about the medical practice or even about Mi Na. He is very gentle as a person and I think that is what attracts Young Rae to him.

But there are a few things that the scriptwriters should do for Jin as a character. Jin says in episode 10 that he needs to go back to Mi Na since she loves him. But other than a few random scenes, we never get to hear what Jin thinks of his time in this world or of his GF who is in a coma at home. I also can't understand why he doesn't tell YR that Mi Na is in a critical condition at home. At least show him thinking that he should get back to Mi Na or wonder how he is going to go about it. They should give Jin some voiceovers for him to let us know what he is thinking. But after episode 10, I think I will cry when Jin goes back home to Mi Na. I think he is developing feelings for Young Rae. In the scene with LHE where he says what she said is true and reminiscences about Mi Na, the next moment he looks at Young Rae. The scene with the umbrella as well. Both are standing at a proper distance from each other and there is this awkward chemistry when they talk to each other and then there was this moment when Jin looks at Young Rae. I think like someone on the Soompi Jin thread that Jin has fallen for Young Rae, but is in denial about it.  %-( I mean how can anyone not fall for Young Rae? She is so courageous and passionate about life. She was really a woman ahead of her times. People think Young Rae is this sweet and passive girl. But inside, she is so stubborn. She knows what she wants and even though her mom throws a tantrum after she rejects Kyung Tak, she doesn't get emotionally blackmailed and stands her ground. It is this stubbornness which she shows even when being tortured. The last thing they would have expected her to do was remember what had been done to her family. Usually, female characters are depicted as very forgiving. But Young Rae is different in the sense that she remembers what has been done to her father and keep that hatred in her heart for the evil Andongs. You know people say no one can take your self worth away from you if you don't give it. That is the great thing about Young Rae that whatever else people around her thinks of her, she knows her worth and that is what comes out when she says that she won't confess to a crime she didn't commit.

I find pioneering women characters very interesting since they had so many odds to beat. With Young Rae also, that is the case. She is trapped in marriage with a man she doesn't love and is getting married into a family she has no respect for. While there are things admirable about Kyung Tak (his desire to shield Young Rae from his father's wrath and taking on the burden of breaking off a wedding he had set his mind on), at present he is not the right man for Young Rae. He cannot accept her for what she is and if she marries him, it will be a life where she will have to bury all the longings in her heart. I don't think she will ever be the perfect daughter-in-law, obedient and silent and knowing the Andong Kims, there will be many a situation where she will have to witness atrocities perpetrated by her in-laws. Kyung Tak will then be caught between a rebellious wife and a father whom he wishes to please and a brother who will try to use Young Rae's rebellion to further the wedge between Kyung Tak and his father. I don't know whether Young Rae knew all this. She must know but must have resigned herself to her fate. But the coming of Jin and the opening of a new world before her has given her the courage to go for her dream. When Jin tells her that he won't allow her to work in his clinic if she doesn't go back to her home, she tells him that if his clinic won't let her in, she will go to another clinic. For a woman who has finally found her calling, there is this fire in her that makes her keep on going. It will be a pity if she is not allowed to follow her dream. She is so intelligent and smart. She needed to only once see the whole process of injecting a patient to learn how to do it. Similarly, she had enough intelligence to figure out that Jin was not a man of her world and hence when he made the confession, it didn't surprise her.

I do not know what is going to happen now. But from what LHE was saying, it seemed he was going to approach Kyung Tak. I really hope Kyung Tak does something to redeem himself for he could have come before to the torture scene since his brother had told him that Young Rae had been declared a traitor much before the whole torture started.

I wish we get the English translation of this article. http://news.nate.com/view/20120626n20582 .But this part is easier to understand in google translate.
"DrJin" "field staff, said:" Pu Minying in put into the excellent acting of the angry feelings of the characters, even finished filming unable to quell anger, "" is a later more to be look forward to excellent actor. "

I think they are talking about the torture scene where she responds angrily to Kyung Tak's bro. PMY seems to have totally gone into her character for being unable to quell her anger even after the filming is finished. Atta girl!
201206261423052210_1.jpg
cre:Nate

This video made my day.

The cutie pie was sitting happily enjoying Kang Sung Pil doing his scene when the bug near her decided to attack, Hahaha. God, she is so frightened. Never expected her to cry like a baby. She looks troubled even after it is removed. LOL Her staff members are patting her and consoling her. I remember Yoochun saying that though MY was scared of bugs, she was good at catching them. Does 'catching' them mean attracting them towards herself? :))
One more actor to the King Kong family and it is Seo Hyo-rim http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent5&a_id=2012062114220538446

Guest AndOne

@mimi: Awww so happy to see  her acting in Dr.Jin is recognized. MY, Fighting !!! :-bd

The bug scene is too adorable, remind me of the SKKS island scene-- the little cricket on the apple and Yoon Hee got irked and Sun Joon was saying "Are yo u really The Big Man? so scared of little cricket"  :))

The thing is she did all sort of crazy stunts herself-- judo, hanging from the railing,bound underwater in aquarium, ran into burning shack and to think that she almost cried because of little bugs makes it even more hilarious. ;;)

@Andone Yes, MY has done lots of stunts, especially in CH and PJMG. But then I think this was the time she came face to face with her worst nightmare. LOL I can't get the picture of her looking so offended that the bug had decided to attack her out of my mind. :)) But that makes her so relatable, right? I think one of the older staff was smiling seeing her so freaked out. No wonder they all love her on the sets!
Yes, really glad MY's acting is being appreciated. It is a subtle role, but she is doing it well. Seeing Kim Yoon Hee reminds me how differently she is playing Young Rae.

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px; text-align: left; " class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; "Park Min Young doesn’t rest during the break

June 29, 2012 5:00 pm

ebb095ebafbcec988102.jpg

A picture of Park Min Young, who captured the audience by showing off her charms while playing the double role in MBC’s weekend series Dr. Jin, was recently released.

In the picture, Park is sitting on a chair and watching something with an earphone through her cell phone during the break.

She was watching an episode of the series to monitor her performance. This proved that Park is very passionate in her acting.

Park is receiving many favorable reviews by playing the double role of Young Lae and Mi Na, who look alike outside but have different personality.

Park spends most of time studying her script and monitoring her performances in episodes of the series to portray her character in detail.

The series, starring Park, Song Seung Hun, Lee Beom Soo, and Kim Jae Joong, airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:50 p.m.

source: en.korea.com

Guest AndOne

Haha YH is too funny  :)) and I love YR yellow hanbok, such a nice color.

@Jzzmeen : I think those are flashbacks, the tension and conflict between YH-KT-YR is too palpable now for cute scenes.

Can't wait for episode 11, it looks intense from the preview. MY, Dr.Jin Fighting !!!  \m/

I'm amazed by Chinese fans, they come up with pictures (and many of them) that I've never seen anywhere before, like this one which I loveeeeee

9a6d8407gw1dudxsswcsfj.jpg

Guest lifesoeasy

582011_261397577295729_1229237317_n.jpg

More Mina please...

It maybe only me but I enjoyed watching Young Rae cooking in ep. 10, looks like our Min Young really knows how to cook/bake. Hope to see her in a cooking drama soon: a cold city chick who's good at cooking lol.

:)

Guest lifesoeasy

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px; text-align: left; " class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; "

Park Min Young doesn’t rest during the break

June 29, 2012 5:00 pm

ebb095ebafbcec988102.jpg

A picture of Park Min Young, who captured the audience by showing off her charms while playing the double role in MBC’s weekend series Dr. Jin, was recently released.

In the picture, Park is sitting on a chair and watching something with an earphone through her cell phone during the break.

She was watching an episode of the series to monitor her performance. This proved that Park is very passionate in her acting.

Park is receiving many favorable reviews by playing the double role of Young Lae and Mi Na, who look alike outside but have different personality.

Park spends most of time studying her script and monitoring her performances in episodes of the series to portray her character in detail.

The series, starring Park, Song Seung Hun, Lee Beom Soo, and Kim Jae Joong, airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:50 p.m.

source: en.korea.com

Guest lifesoeasy

I wish we get the English translation of this article.

http://news.nate.com/view/20120626n20582

.But this part is easier to understand in google translate.[size=4]

"DrJin" "field staff, said:" Pu Minying in put into the excellent acting of the angry feelings of the characters, even finished filming unable to quell anger, "" is a later more to be look forward to excellent actor. "

[/size]

I think they are talking about the torture scene where she responds angrily to Kyung Tak's bro. PMY seems to have totally gone into her character for being unable to quell her anger even after the filming is finished. Atta girl!

201206261423052210_1.jpg

cre:Nate