Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Guest springpebble

Tbh, I don't have any clue at all about GG but thanks to all for your tidbits of info that I have a scratch of the surface on what GG is all about. One thing for sure, I'll anticipate it because of PMY. She might again pull a blinder on us or dumbfound us with this role and give the best portrayal of Serena. Praying she would excel in her acting. [-O<

Omo! Omo! So many things happened just for a couple of days I've been out. This thread rocks endlessly. I'm very happy that MY got her part and it's confirmed. Yeheyyy! To be honest I don't have any idea about the series GG. Not in my generation, my bad. The day I set my heart watching Kdramas, I've totally forgotten other series. Even series in my country, not a chance. Oh well, I'm just going to wait for MY drama and I'll go from there. Thank you friends for all your posts and making this thread always happy. Uri MinYoungssi... Fighting!!!

Park Min Young to play the 'it-girl' for Chinese remake of 'Gossip Girl'

Last we heard of the Chinese remake of hit American show 'Gossip Girl', Kim Bum wascast for one of the roles back in June 2014. Now reports are saying that the show is still underway and that actress Park Min Young will be joining the project, playing the main role of 'it-girl' Serena van der Woodsen, originally portrayed by Blake Lively

Taiwanese media states that Park Min Young is known among Chinese audiences for her role in the 2011 K-Drama 'City Hunter,' making her an optimal candidate for one of 'Gossip Girl's leading ladies. 

On March 31, Park Min Young's agency told Korean media outlet The Fact, "Park Min Young has received a love call from China and has decided to film for China's remake of 'Gossip Girl.'" They added, "We anticipate a strong first season like that of the original. Park Min Young will be working hard to show a good image for her first Chinese drama.

The American show 'Gossip Girl', based on the book series of the same title, follows the story of a group of SNS-savvy, affluent high school students pursuing love and business in New York City. The Chinese remake will be making some changes to this story as it will take place in Shanghai and will focus on people in their 20s living in the top 1% of the country in terms of income and wealth. The upcoming show will be a joint production between the U.S.'s Warner Brothers and a Chinese production company. 

Park Min Young is scheduled to fly to China in May to start filming and working on her portrayal of her character Serena. Are you excited to see how this goes? We are!

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/park-min-young-to-play-the-it-girl-for-chinese-remake-of-gossip-girl

@rushcute Yes, I wish it will become a massive hit not only in China but throughout Asia. Let's all hope for the best.  :D

aznchic209 said: Eileen531 said:

Please help me here do you remember if Serena always had a thing for Nate Archibald before he became Blair's boyfriend or something like that?

@vvxen @Eileen531

TBH I was only watching the show because it was just showing on my local channel with no other interesting shows at the time, so I don't remember the first seasons and I missed alot of episods and I defenitly wouldn't watch the episodes back, I just tolerated and grow to like Blair only, I didn't like any othe other character, and I hated Serena >:P

Im sure glad to know that they will not make it exact replica YAY  :-bd and sure PMY will giver her best in it, hopefully with good actors and story plot

Thanks @mimi26 for the info

As for my story, I watched CH a couple of months ago, I liked her but didn't like what they did to her character sepcially the later episodes and wasn't very impressed with her acting until Healer, I didn't watch the first 6 episodes when they aired, and I started watching the show becuase of PMY and I heared good reviews on DB, but when I did watch it I got mesmerised by PMY and JCW acting, and started to have a girl crush on my PMY

:-*

@ReemKanabta
Same. Blair actually grew on me in the show, but I didn't like her that much in the book. She was just downright snarky and bitter and let her envy toward Serena consume her. However, she provided comic relief in the show despite being antagonistic. I give credit to Leighton Meester for her astounding performance and interpretation. 
I can't wait to see how MY will be styled. I'm sure she'll look chic. ;)

Guest Eileen531

@ asnchick209

Eileen531

said:

Please help me here do you remember if Serena always had a thing for Nate Archibald before he became Blair's boyfriend or something like that?

@ReemKanabta I hope it will be someone who matches her well. Since MY is the actress who'll be portraying Serena, then I'll surely like her haha.  :D
Another write-up. It's from soompi this time. 
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Park Min Young to Have Her Chinese Debut in “Gossip Girl” Remake
park-min-young1.jpg

Actress Park Min Young will be advancing into the Chinese market.

On March 31, it was reported by the Chinese media that the “Healer” actress will be having her Chinese debut in the Chinese remake of the hit American series, “Gossip Girl.”

Chinese media reported that Park Min Young has received a lot of attention from China for her roles in dramas like “Healer” and “City Hunter.”

In the “Gossip Girl” remake, she will play one of the main characters. Similar to the original source material, this upcoming drama will tell the story of young socialites from the top 1% in Shanghai. It will be co-produced by Warner Bros.

Source: (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/31/park-min-young-to-have-her-chinese-debut-in-gossip-girl-remake/

Will Park Min Young plays "Blair Waldorf"OMG. OMG. OMG. 
I looooveee Blair Waldorf. I don't know if Park Min Young can pull off Leighton Meester's acting in the original GG (Gossip Girl) but I'm excited for her. I'm hoping Chinese Media Entertainment would do it justice. I regret the ending of GG original tho.Because, I, too, DARE TO 'DAIR'. haha! Anyhow, I'm giving her a high hopes already. PMY FIGHTING! <33333333

If you happen to stumble on youtube. Here's some reference you guys should watch.
THIS IS BLAIR WALDORF'S CHARACTER:

THIS IS SERENA VAN DER WOODSEN'S CHARACTER:

AND, THIS IS GOSSIP GIRL (ORIGINAL)

This might be very instant but yes I am a BIG FAN of Gossip Girl series. I grew up watching the show and I'm hella excited after hearing the news that PMY together with Chinese Entertainment are remaking the series. Though the first plot of the series were amazing but as the season went on they just completely stretch the story out of nowhere. One thing I love about GG is their exceptionally love for fashion and socialities.  Being in the spot light isn't coincidence; they are born with it. Gossip Girl made the first move to use "Social Media / Social Networking".

xoxoforme said:
..This might be very instant but yes I am a BIG FAN of Gossip Girl series. I grew up watching the show and I'm hella excited after hearing the news that PMY together with Chinese Entertainment are remaking the series. Though the first plot of the series were amazing but as the season went on they just completely stretch the story out of nowhere. One thing I love about GG is their exceptionally love for fashion and socialities.  Being in the spot light isn't coincidence; they are born with it. Gossip Girl made the first move to use "Social Media / Social Networking".

@blossomnagr - Oh! Now I know. Thanks for the info.
@vvxen - Really? Do you know who will play Blair? It would have been nice if PMY plays her. She's a wonderful character with a lot of emotion. PLUS, the bitchy-witty-side is the best. haha~ Buuuuut, Serena's a good choice too. She's the IT girl of the series but always fall for men in everywhere she goes. LOL. I just hope the writer of the "re-make series" will explore more about her so PMY can utilize her character well. 

@xoxoforme They haven't disclosed the name of the actress who'll play Blair. Yeah, I've always thought that Blair has many layers. She may often come out as too strong with her mean facade, but it's actually a manifestation of the things she's going through. Other than that, she's kind deep down, it's just that she doesn't show it and always puts her guard up. 

@vvxen - Tru dat! It's her defense mechanism after all. Dealing with lots of issues surrounding her insecurities, bulimia, men and family consumed her. Though being bitchy had her moments too. With a quick snap, you'll gonna end up thinking "what would Blair Waldorf do?" ...then, boom! She'll be the craizest b---tch you'll ever know. LOL. It takes a lot of effort to be a 'Queen B'. As much as I love her, I also love Serena's fashion. It's like whatever she wears, it always a spot-on. I'm with you with the scoop of oozing fashion for the upcoming re-make series. I hope they can utilize whatever they would come up. Seeing PMY with that trenchcoat looks fashionably nice.

@xoxoforme That 'What would Blair Waldorf do?' is legendary.  :)) Now I just can't help imagining MY in Blair Waldorf's shoes with her minions and very own Dorota tagging along. Yes, I like how they dressed Serena. Blair pulled those outfits off, but I gotta admit that they're sometimes over-the-top and way too preppy for my liking. Maybe MY's personal style is much more in line with Serena's. :)