Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Thailand April 20th|Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

@ReemKanabta @vvxen

I have not watched Gossip Girl.. I have no idea how's Serena character..could you please explain more about her character? like her weak and strong points or her problems? ;;)I just wanna imagine how PMY will re-interpret it..in the news it's written PMY will re-interpret senera character in her own color.. So I think maybe it'll be a little bit different from the original serena character..  :D

@OO1230 Basically, she's a "reformed bad girl" and Blair's on-and-off bff. She used to party hard and do drugs. Blair's boyfriend, Nate Archibald, cheated on her with Serena. However, these scenes were merely flashbacks. The show starts off with her coming back to Manhattan after supposedly getting out of rehab (although there's actually a twist). She acted as the good girl in the show, a contrast to Blair's snarky character. The reason why I wasn't too fond of her is that I didn't see much transformation/character growth. 

Just to add, I may not be that partial to Serena, but I immensely enjoyed her chemistry with her love interest. Granted that MY is the "Queen of Chemistry", I'm looking forward to seeing some sparks between her and whoever ends up as her leading man. That is something to look forward to.  :x

Guest AndOne

vvxen said: @OO1230 Basically, she's a "reformed bad girl" and Blair's on-and-off bff. She used to party hard and do drugs. Blair's boyfriend, Nate Archibald, cheated on her with Serena. However, these scenes were merely flashbacks. The show starts off with her coming back to Manhattan after supposedly getting out of rehab (although there's actually a twist). She acted as the good girl in the show, a contrast to Blair's snarky character. The reason why I wasn't too fond of her is that I didn't see much transformation/character growth. 

vvxen

said: @OO1230 Basically, she's a "reformed bad girl" and Blair's on-and-off bff. She used to party hard and do drugs. Blair's boyfriend, Nate Archibald, cheated on her with Serena. However, these scenes were merely flashbacks. The show starts off with her coming back to Manhattan after supposedly getting out of rehab (although there's actually a twist). She acted as the good girl in the show, a contrast to Blair's snarky character. The reason why I wasn't too fond of her is that I didn't see much transformation/character growth. 

Guest springpebble

Yes, agree with you guys, they need PMY for that role to make it interesting! ;-) Trust PMY to do justice for that role, with her passion for acting now, she'll pull again another CYS role or more than that. Am just so excited for her.   :bz  8-}

Ya I felt Serena was the same person through the whole series, same expressions even, but I grow to like Blair, her bitchiness, her synical comments, her relationship with her foreigh maid was :-bd I also don't like Blake Lively, so maybe that's why I didn't like her much in the show.

But depending on the WIKI discreption if PMY would play her she should make her character more interesting, hopefully ^:)^

I didn't like the leading man also, and he went from loving Serena to loving Blair and wasn't convincing EDIT: to be fare it did not happen suddenly, the show is 6 seasons. But for me ( a BIG NO coz my friends BF were a big taboo for me even after years of break-up, also the Serena/Nate thing, its like watching a soap opera were everybody sleeps with everybody's partners), then he ended up

marrying Serena at the end of the show

ReemKanabta said:

I didn't like the leading man also, and he went from loving Serena to loving Blair and wasn't convincing for me ( a BIG NO coz my friends BF were a big taboo for me even after years of break-up, also the Serena/Nate thing, its like watching a soap opera were everybody sleeps with everybody's partners)

ReemKanabta said:

I didn't like the leading man also, and he went from loving Serena to loving Blair and wasn't convincing for me ( a BIG NO coz my friends BF were a big taboo for me even after years of break-up, also the Serena/Nate thing, its like watching a soap opera were everybody sleeps with everybody's partners), then he ended up

marrying Serena at the end of the show

The Chinese fans are saying it won't be like the American version since SARFT, the state administration of radio, film and television, will not allow it to be like the US one. So I really don't expect to see that many risque things here (though I really don't mind seeing a tastefully done bed scene).

I haven't watched GG, but on reading the summary, it seems to be a teen show and a bit like a soap opera. Based on the summary though, compared to Serena who is effortless as the Queen Bee, Blair who has to work at it seems more interesting as a character. Anyway, my hunch is that they will just keep the broad outline of the characters and then develop it as per their own regulations and stuff.

It seems some C-netz were not happy with the casting of a Korean actress for the role. There were comments that a C-actress would not have been cast if this was a k-version of GG. Lark also tells me that GG has a huge fanbase in China and that they had been against the remake when the project was launched in 2012 with the C-actress Yang Mi. So, the reactions seem to be mixed to the news of the remake. I hope that the GG loyalists will take heart from the fact that the original team is gonna be behind the remake and give this a chance. I can understand why some may be upset with a k-actress leading the drama in a chinese remake, but this is an international production and they seem to have chosen Min Young since this will help them get a following for their drama in Korea as well. Anyway, there will be initial reactions like these. They are unavoidable. Hopefully once the rest of the chinese cast is announced and more details come in, the naysayers will also be influenced positively.

Like @saved2k, I also see this as a positive thing. Min Young will of course have to work double hard to win over a foreign audience, but then what is life without some risks? If this works out, she will gain more fans.

Thank you @vvxen and @ReemKanabta and everybody else for your inputs on Gossip Girl. Let's hope Min Young puts her own spin on Serena and make her more interesting.

@springpebble Loved reading about how you became a fan of PMY.  :-bd  I hope the others would also join in and give their stories too.
Thanks @001230 for the translation. Seems like Ardor House does her hair and Merci House her make-up?

Guest Eileen531

@ vvxen

I kind of wondered if they would pick Minyoung in the role of Serena instead of Blair for the reason in the TV show Serena was the hot girl and outgoing. The long beautiful hair and killer figure.  I actually forgot about the drug part.....will have to ask my daughters. lol  

Please help me here do you remember if Serena always had a thing for Nate Archibald before he became Blair's boyfriend or something like that? 

I like what OO1230 said,  in the news it's written PMY will re-interpret senera character in her own color.. So I think maybe it'll be a little bit different from the original serena character.  This would give her the chance to really internalize the character and develop a version of Serena with flaws but one we can relate to and feel her struggles.  I know you can do this Minyoungie...... 

LMAO @ OO1230, for your reaction to @ ReemKanabta post, everybody sleeps with everybody's partners 

oh NOOO.....!  don't wanna see her filming bed scene with someone elseMe either.

Guest blossomnagr

Park Min-young fashionable in candid shot 

A candid photo of actress Park Min-young went viral on Tuesday, shortly after its online release by fashion brand Compagna.

The Korean clothing company released the “paparazzi” photo of the actress, dressed in a vibrant turquoise blazer and patterned pants. 

Park, who recently starred in popular drama series “Healer” beside actor Ji Chang-wook, has modeled for Compagna since December 2010.

The actress, 29, is scheduled to star in a Chinese remake of American hit drama series “Gossip Girl” later this year.

By Yoon Sarah (sarah356@heraldcorp.com) 

via :    http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201503311420277455651_2
tumblr_nm3jqaqH2n1ur5j77o1_540.jpg

Guest blossomnagr

I wish I had a spare time to look through the original GG and see what Serena's character is like. Anyway, hope the character will have more depth in Chinese version and Min Young will pull it off nicely. 
Min Youngshi is very lovely in the latest IG update of her friend. I am glad her friends/colleagues are active on SNS and don't mind sharing MY's whereabouts. hehe
@JzzMean thank you for my signature fanart. I like it. :x 

@Eileen531 I can't remember if she had a thing for Nate before, but I think it was he who secretly lusted after her despite being Blair's boyfriend. If I recall correctly, she and Nate were under the influence of drugs/alcohol when they had a one night stand. After reading various insights and POVs, I think I'll no longer have a problem with her playing Serena as long as the script is good and her character is well-written. I have faith in her acting, but more often than not, it also takes a good storyline coupled with good acting to make it work. :D

\:D/
web_3530173829_f5712fc0_img-0b91b16c4591Source: weibo #kamlpvia Park Min Young DC
Just now I noticed the pics above were taken at a same place, same spot! :-O the first pic (left) was taken before she cut her hair..wonder if the second pic (right) was also taken before she changed her hairstyle?  :-?she still hasn't yet update her SNS anyways..  :(
@celyw I also have not yet hear who will be the male-lead..
YS%20worried-scared_zpsxqwf6azj.gif

someone who is at least as good as her last partner/co-star hopefully..tumblr_njkc53BAry1spdwu8o2_500_zpspeplih cr to owner (I think it's from tumblr but i forgot whose tumblr, I'm sorry)