[drama 2007] Flowers For My Life 꽃 찾으러 왔단다

Guest angel2nyt

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest klar

thanks. i already saw the ratings but i cant read the titles because its written in korean(but based on my comp, it can be read thoroughly since my comp cant read all the korean characters). :)

Guest ovette

i just fin dl the first esp^ and was skimming through ..so did not really complete the entire esp yet .but the humour in here seem fun .^^...somehow it remind me of Hello mr God. .lol especially that mafia guy ...

* ho sang sending some delivery to a house .but the man in there wanted hosang to change clothes with him and hence .hosang ended up in hospital doing a check up under the name of the man ..while the man went away ....

*hosang asked her to lie to the mafia guy about his illness ....though the trick did not last since the other nurse discovered it .but still ho sang give her the money he promised ..which unfortunately was witnessed by the nurse .and hence she was fired..and her revenge was to put him into that fridge ^^ ...which i think is her father prastise of making one who make mistake relfect on it ...by being in the coffin..

but ..er i do think ho sang does has cancer because his medicial report say so but he had thought the doctor had heard his request ..when he leave message in the doc's voicemail And when the doc come to deliver the BAD news ..er hosang even say THANK you to him ..relieved to be rid of that mafia man i dun think he realised the doctor was really speaking the truth ...

oops that all i can say for now ..i got to watch it in full

yup. i was wondering WHAT HAPPEN TO HER ! ..she really look so foregin --;;; .

thank you so much for the clarifications! i think HaNa looked cuter... at times she even looks like SoHee (the lead in Ms. Mermaid) :) :)

i think as for the ratings... after HIT ends, the ratings will go up... as of now it's still lower than 7.4 lol

** goes off to dl episode 2!

Guest globosapien

I get depressed whenever I see Kang Hye Jung.

I can't get over how different she looks compared to her previous look.

Guest ovette

^

^

lol im just curious how DIFFERENT she looked... i thought she just looked younger. :) i dont really know her well but i thought the reason why she looked different from Welcome to Dongmakgol is because of her hair and how she was dressed at that time...

^^^I dunno if I've said this. I do think that her old look was very distinctive, unique, and adorable. But in all honesty, I think she is prettier now. And true, to what ovette said, she does look younger. When I was watching Herb, I actually think she could pass being like 15 or so (but that's of course was helped by wardrobe as well).

ETA: Prior surgery/braces/whatever it is.

photo1560.jpg

Guest ripgal

That girl is Kang Hye Jung? OMG..she looks so not like her old self.

I have never seen her in any movies or dramas before but I do know how she looked like before..

WOW...

Anywayz, I'll try to watch this one since some of u said Ep 1 was good..hehe..

Guest ovette

oh yah.. the above picture does look more HyeJung when she was doing Welcome to Dongmakgol...

she does look prettier now. when she wore the school uniform in the first episode she looks like a teenager! she could really pass as a 14/15 years old. i even thought she looked as young when GeunYeong was playing little HyeGyo in Autumn. she also looked old-ER at the present, when she permed her hair and pulled it down.

i love how this drama present death in a new perspective!

Guest Fleur

I just watched the first episode, and I'm already lovin it!!!

I'm not saying this because I'm a CTH fan... It's how the whole drama is presented.

Like what ovette said, it's how they present something so morbid in a totally different and light-hearted perspective.

The music has this 80s feel to it. But it's this type of feel that adds to the whole light-hearted atmosphere. Love it.

It's my first time watching KHJ act, and I think she's doing a fantastic job acting as someone who's just so indifferent to everything around her.

CTH, needless to say, got me laughing most of the time. I'll never get tired of his antics. :lol:

I'm not too sure if anyone noticed, bits of the front part of episode 1 has some resemblance to CTH's movies. The part where KHJ buries her money 'pot' near the tree, kinda resembles My Sassy Girl. The part where CTH was chased by the hooligans at the hot bath, resembles Two Guys. The part where KHJ bled from the nose while she was studying hard, closely resembles My Crazy First Love! Interesting!

I personally feel that ratings do not represent how good a drama is. I seriously think everybody ought to give this drama a chance.

Hope to see more comments on this drama here! :D

Guest ripgal

Alright, I've managed to watch the first half of Ep 1 and I really enjoyed it.

The humor was not explicit thru out but surprisingly, I found some parts really amusing. Esp when Hana stood up and asked her teacher for business. I didn't expect that..since everyone was grieving for the teacher's dying husband..:lol:, and all she had was that "oh-somebody's dying-so what?" expression .

Like what everyone mentioned, I like how the drama addresses death; in a different perspective. Usually when we talk about death, we will relate it to grief, sadness and solemnity. But this drama is somewhat different in sense, that you don't actually feel the negativity to it but instead you'd laugh it off as something that happens every single day..

I'm waiting for the last half to load now.. So far the characters are quite interesting. Hana is really different from typical K-drama leading ladies..she's sassy and cool. And CTH, have never doubted his acting abilities. So everything's good so far..

Anyway, does anybody think Kang Hye Jung looks a lot like Ceceilia Cheung now? I read some comments saying that they're so alike but I didn't wana believe it until I watched the ep. And I was like WOAH..they are alike. :crazy:

Guest jahye

Episode 2 is even better than first episode!

I hate summarizing but here's a very brief plot description: If you didn't get it by now, Ha Na LOVES MONEY. She's scheming to get rich quick. That's why she studied to be a nurse so she could "meet" a dying rich guy and take care of him so he would leave all his money to her when he dies. When she finds out Ho Sang is dying, or diagnosed to be, she tracks him down because she's under the false assumption he is rich. Ha Na is trying to convince Ho Sang she is in love with him and it's fate they're meant to be together, but she's really doing whatever she can to marry him so she can get all his money when he dies. Under Ha Na's father's orders, Ho Sang works for them now and he can't go to the police because then Ho Sang's charade as the rich guy would be revealed.

Somebody mentioned upthread how some scenes are similar to previous movies, I think it was done intentionally because in each episode there are a lot of overused plots/scenes in Korean dramas and movies. They're not used because the dramas is unoriginal, but they're kind of used as a parody or to be comical. Like in the beginning of episode 2 when Ha Na suddenly jumps into Ho Sang's car. I think we've seen in other dramas or movies where girl or guy is trying to run away from some kind of mob and they have a chance encounter with the one they are destined to be with and that person helps her or him escape. And they say it's "fate" they met like that and they fall in love.. well Ha Na tried to set up the situation like that. She jumps into Ho Sang's car and tells him to quickly go because some people are chasing after her and she points to a random black car behind them. :lol: Ho Sang believes her and tries to escape them, even though there really is no one chasing after her. Ha Na tells him it's fate or destiny they met like this and tries to convice him they're meant to be together.

It's also funny when she keeps telling him she loves him but he can't understand how she can love him when they just met. But that's also another reflection of most Korean dramas where guy and girl immediately fall in love after one, random encounter.

I also love the music they use here. They don't use flashy pop/electronica music like most other dramas that try to be hip and cool, but the music here has a more olden days feel to it.

Episode 2 caps (thumbnails)

k0515khj03ilsses1fc0.th.jpgk0515khj05ilsses1kc1.th.jpgk0515khj07ilsses1dw2.th.jpgk0515khj09ilsses1ez2.th.jpg

k0515khj10ilsses1vh7.th.jpgk0515khj11ilsses1bk9.th.jpgk0515khj13ilsses1nw8.th.jpgk0515khj22ilsses1mb9.th.jpg

k0515khj24ilsses1az3.th.jpgk0515khj25ilsses1ci2.th.jpgk0515khj26ilsses1df6.th.jpgk0515khj27ilsses1ld7.th.jpg

k0515khj29ilsses1vt6.th.jpgk0515khj30ilsses1ni1.th.jpgk0515khj32ilsses1ry5.th.jpgk0515khj33ilsses1io4.th.jpg

credits; naver blog

I'll try to upload the rmvb versions of the episodes later..

ETA the rating for episode 2 is 5.8% while My Man's Woman went up, close to 30%.

Like I said before, 꽃 찾으러 왔단다 doesn't really have a chance in the ratings war since My Man's Woman has already gained a really big following. 꽃 찾으러 왔단다 probably won't get over 12/13% until My Man's Woman ends..

But more importantly don't let the low ratings bum you out because they honestly don't reflect how good episodes 1 and 2 are.

Guest Fleur

Well said Jahye!

I think a lot of thought has really been put into the storyplot.

Now that you say Ep2 is even better. I seriously can't wait to watch it!!!

Guest ripgal

I just finished Ep 1. Ho Sang and the gangster made me laugh so much. They make such a cute debtor-creditor relationship..haha..:lol:

But I kinda feel sad cos I know

Ho Sang has cancer/some tumor in his brain now

.. And I know it's gona be really sad towards the end. :tears:

Guest mily2

wave wave to Fleur.. I haven't see you in AGES.. ever since My Girl.. ehhe.. how have you been dearest? So this is what you're watching at the moment, eh? Many thanks to Jahye for the summaries.. To be honest.. one needs to understand this drama to appreciate its witty dialogues.. From Jahye's summaries.. it looks fun.. Gotta admit that when I watched it raw.. I didn't get most of it since it does move quite slowly - this drama is not the easiest to understand.. especially if you don't know the language.. hehe.. :)

I'm counting on you and my dear ripgal & Jahye to guide us through until the subs come along.. with that.. Ann & BON fighting!!! * doing the cheers*... * A- N- N*.. *B- O-N *.. * more cheers*.. FIGHTING!!! ( haha) .. I'll try to take some caps for you guys.. ehhe :).. Jo dear.. are u serious? he really does have cancer? NOOO.. i don't think I can watch another melodrama... noooooooooo.. hehe.. Jo.. why don't u finish episode 2 and tell me if it's sad yet, k? haha

Guest ripgal

Gosh Emily, it's been long since I helped out with a project. Miahne..Revisions are just killing me man.(but I promise I'll be back soon :D )

So I decided to watch something new to freshen up and just stay away from the books for a while..

Anywayz, I'm glad you're watching this too. I loved the 1st ep.

I benefit more as I get to watch it with chi-subs. But I'm sure BON will do their best! BBASYA!

Btw, about Ho Sang diagnosed with cancer. I'm not 100% sure about it, but from what I've seen and understood from Ep 1, it seems like it. My heart also stopped for a while when I got to the part of the doctors talking about Ho Sang's report. And they said he's in criticial condition.

^

^

lol im just curious how DIFFERENT she looked... i thought she just looked younger. :) i dont really know her well but i thought the reason why she looked different from Welcome to Dongmakgol is because of her hair and how she was dressed at that time...

she just look so completely different .which seem strange if you do just some teeth adjustment like what she said was done .or something

lol i have almost seem all of her movies .i suupose so the diffference is like glaring at me as if i was looking at a stranger

however ..she what making this drama ticks from what i seem of esp 1 ..lol perfect for such a girl who so used to death that it is as normal as breathing to her .to witness death in any form ..........

before you asked what the brother say about ho sang ..you meant in the washroom when ho sang overheard ? the guy who took hosang name tag .....the boy whom he supposely saved when the building collapse ..the father give hosang mother a house ..thinking that it was hosang who was the hero ..the brother said finally ..their brother finally he did his part as a filial son to his mother ....

Episode 2 is even better than first episode!

I hate summarizing but here's a very brief plot description: If you didn't get it by now, Ha Na LOVES MONEY. She's scheming to get rich quick. That's why she studied to be a nurse so she could "meet" a dying rich guy and take care of him so he would leave all his money to her when he dies. When she finds out Ho Sang is dying, or diagnosed to be, she tracks him down because she's under the false assumption he is rich. Ha Na is trying to convince Ho Sang she is in love with him and it's fate they're meant to be together, but she's really doing whatever she can to marry him so she can get all his money when he dies. Under Ha Na's father's orders, Ho Sang works for them now and he can't go to the police because then Ho Sang's charade as the rich guy would be revealed.

YA> HA NA LOVES MOneY ...her concept of how to get rich ..amused me .

lol i laugh out when that corpse in esp 1 come alive to tell her .

."there still alot of rich male virgin around in this world and she said

" it wont do if he is just rich ..he has to die early too "

something like that phwaawwaaw but .i do also send her my condolences .she did not get to met that *corpse * eariler .lol he does look a fine catch

ya paraody ..i an enjoying how this drama .seem to *mock* abit at the usual fare in drama and movies ....lol when i saw that tree in the esp 1 ..i really thought did they went back to the same SASSY girl tree

and yes to the music ..the director seem to flavour such style .i rem that was also for Hello Mr God too .[if the director did what he does in Hello mr god and the script continues to do what it is doing .. .then i am sure this drama should be something to watch ]

Archived