[drama 2007] Flowers For My Life 꽃 찾으러 왔단다

Guest angel2nyt

Guest babymarzy07

aaahhh hi to all!! im so behind on this drama it sucks! hahaha just came back from holidays.. so im glad too see im not too behind.. just catching up on javabeans blog.. hi to all many familiar faces here, jo, amy, ann, shenny, angel, jahye and ovette :)

edit: just finished my dls yey!! :D cant wait to start this.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little more critique *think CONSTRUCTIVE instead of offensive* Cha Tae Hyun has yet, once again, trapped in his stereotypical character - as the bubbly, happy-go-lucky, pure-and-innocent young man in search for love. Not that I'm complaining, I guess this kind of character fits well with his natural expressions? because he just looked so..... well, natural ^^. The terminally-ill storyline is so overused, and yet we are still drawn to it. I guess some things will never gets old, eh?

HaNa is one interesting character. She's bold, cold, and (to make it comparable, in a sense) seems dead -well, you know what i mean-. She and HoSang are the exact opposites. Maybe that's the whole point..... perhaps in the end, they will find their balance in each other. HaNa will live it up a little bit, while HoSang will tone it down. We all know it will be a sad ending, unless if some miracle happens, but I highly doubt it. Still, I can sense the abundant moral values along the way.

That's my unworthy 2-cent. Please pardon all the critiques and what-not. :sweatingbullets:

Well, to CTH playing a not so different character, I do agree with you. Apart from this, I've only seen him in My Sassy Girl, so I guess the judgement is not absolutely accurate. On the terminal illness storyline, I think (or hope) that it is gonna be explored in a totally different light than what we are used to see cause the drama's been 'unique' so far. Oh, and is Ho Sang's cancer really terminal? What I read in Javabeans's review is that it IS cancer, but a curable one. So we may not even go in that direction. I don't know tho, anyone else got a confirmation?

I Loooovvveee Hana. I love KHJ, so that may be a factor, but as a character, Hana really is an interesting, if not downright 'retarded' one. She doesn't adopt that female lead/heroine quality, somehow. She's...indifferent, I guess. She doesn't scare easy (one of people's biggest fears is death, but to that, she doesn't even blink an eye).

Anyways, what I'm a bit curious, and worried, honestly, is the pairing of CTH and KHJ. I've seen 2 episodes, and yes, they do have great chemistry, but I have yet to see how a romantic relationship would grow out of these two. So I guess I'll just have to wait some more to see that.

Guest ovette

yeah...have just dled ep3.. and waiting for a chance to dl ep4.. cant wait to watch them :)

hi babymarzy07!! and all the familiar names here too!

I've seen ep 1-2 and have enjoyed it so far. I love both CTH and KHJ. I love Hana's character and KHJ is perfect acting as Hana. Can't wait to see more. I hope the story is not as disappointing as Yoo Hee.

Guest bibotatu

Ahhhh! For those who already DL the 1st part of ep4 ... please DL again b/c I put up the wrong link ... I'm very sorry guys :D

Guest bibotatu

OMG :lol: In the end of ep4, there's a girl [i don't know who she is] singing a Vietnamese song and talking Vietnamese too ... buhahahaha ... this is the 1st time I can understand something when watching raw epsiode. That girl looks cute, wondering if she will be there through out the whole drama or just for a moment

Guest C51236

^^ that woman behind ran ah in... is that the actress who portrayed moo ryong's mom in "witch yoo hee"???? she looks so familiar who is she???? i think her name is song ok sook... is that her???

Thanks so much angel2nyt for the MU links~! :D

^^ that woman behind ran ah in... is that the actress who portrayed moo ryong's mom in "witch yoo hee"???? she looks so familiar who is she???? i think her name is song ok sook... is that her???

I just checked the preview again and I think that is Song Ok Sook~! :lol: Now I'm curious if she'll be playing another humerous role. :D

Guest jahye

flowersformylifeep4haiyaw9.jpg

Her name is Haiyen. Full name: 하 황 하이옌 (Ha Hwang Haiyen).

In real life, she came to Korea as a student and then she got onto the KBS show, Global Talk Show 미녀들의 수다 (official Soompi thread).

20070319070336168e70715se3.jpg

It's a talk show focusing on foreign women living in Korea. On the show, she speaks in Korean pretty well, but she has trouble understanding some words. Still, she's pretty good in Korean for a foreigner. She's not on the show anymore because now she's an actress..

Her character Ran Ahing looks to be a permanent supporting character, so she'll be on the show for a while. She came to Korea as a bride and she lives right by Hana.

I really, really , REALLY like this drama.. I still can't commit to love because most dramas have a tendency to start off strong, falter in the middle, then completely keel over in the end. But hopefully Flowers For My Life continues its course of excellence ^_^ \ I still wish more people would watch this. Not just people in Korea, but Soompiers too. It's such a shame whenever a gem of a drama like this goes unnoticed all because it doesn't star some hot young actor or actress. :rolleyes:

jahye, i think some people are still waiting for the subtitles from BON. watching it raw and then with subs would ruin the excitement. but i do agree its rather quiet in here. thought CTH could draw people into this drama, but guess not.

anyway, Haiyen is a foreigner? she looks korean to me. what nationality does she belong to?

I also thought Cha Tae Hyun had a lot of Soompi fans, but I guess not.. I know most people are waiting for subs to watch, but it always bothers me when there are 25+ pages for drama threads that haven't even started! all because it stars the latest hot actor/actress or some pretty boy who can't act and then there are actual, really good dramas like this with more than competent actors and it gets ignored just because it doesn't have some plastic actor or actress starring in it. :rolleyes:

Not that I don't mind quiet threads, because then we don't have to deal with one line comments about Plastic A and Plastic B being so hot..

Haiyen and her character are both Vietnamese.

Edit for this V

Episode 4 rmvb on megaupload

Guest bshater1

jahye, i think some people are still waiting for the subtitles from BON. watching it raw and then with subs would ruin the excitement. but i do agree its rather quiet in here. thought CTH could draw people into this drama, but guess not.

anyway, Haiyen is a foreigner? she looks korean to me. what nationality does she belong to?

Guest msau99

I like this show :D It's pretty refreshing. I laughed pretty much throughout the show. It's a dark comedy. This is the 1st time in a long while that I'm watching a k-drama simply for the show itself, not for cute dudes' sake. HAHAAaaa....yes me is shallow. :)

Now waiting anxiously for chinese-subbed ep4 to be up so I can watch it! Also hope the OST will be out soon, I like the songs in it!!! Refreshing songs!!!

Thanks so much jahye for the info~! :D

If anyone is interested, here is Haiyen's cyworld http://www.cyworld.com/haiyen86.

Another possibility why not many people are watching this because of the death topic. When I watched the first episode raw, I was a bit crept out with Ha Na's actions, but at the same time it's just so interesting. :lol: It's certainly not something that many of us see in everyday life. Many of us are like Ho Sang, who would literally freak out just at the site of a coffin, and etc. Hopefully, more dearies will tuned onto this drama when the subs are out. :sweatingbullets:

I'm so glad that javabeans is writing her reviews/summaries about this drama; thanks again javabeans~! :D

Hi msau99, nice to see you here too~!!

Episode 3 Chinese subbed is being uploaded onto http://clubbox.co.kr/suna4u~!!! :w00t:

Guest babymarzy07

hi everyone! wow this new character is interesting. who would think she wasnt really korean. hehehe her name is so long, are vietnamese really having long names? hi Ann/SeReNiTy!! nice to see you here. hi ovette!! :D glad to see you on. i echo lovewls, i hope this wont turn out a WYH disappointment. haahha

Guest bibotatu

Thanks for the info jahye

Hahaha ... by looking at her name and how fluently she talks in Vietnamese => her nationality surely is VietNamese and her full real VNmese name is: Hà Hải Yến. It's amazing that she's only 21 years old ... older than me by 1 year ... :lol: I love this drama

To babymarzy07: yeh ... our VNmese do have very long names

Another possibility why not many people are watching this because of the death topic. When I watched the first episode raw, I was a bit crept out with Ha Na's actions, but at the same time it's just so interesting. :lol: It's certainly not something that many of us see in everyday life. Many of us are like Ho Sang, who would literally freak out just at the site of a coffin, and etc. Hopefully, more dearies will tuned onto this drama when the subs are out. :sweatingbullets:

That's true that some would be spooked initially...

I was quite uneasy with the topic but at the same time this is the reason that the plot draws me in. Quite strange...

Hana makes me question my fear and realize that my fear of the dead is BIZARRE. I thought I found her bizarre at first but as I watch more of her, maybe it is us who fear deaths that are bizarre, not her.

She makes everything that deals with funerals/death so non-emotional. It is her matter-of-fact nature about death, dead people, funerals that really makes her stand-out.

Archived