Quantcast

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Guest peppermintsugar

Guest auscultate

helenmc27 said: Is there a kind of circle lens that's clear in the center, so your own pupil AND iris color shows through, but still has the black rim on the outside to make your eyes bigger?
-- The best + safest I've found are Acuvue Define Accent Shine (1-day disposables with black limbal ring). Unfortunately, they're pretty much unavailable (AFAIK) outside of South Korean optical shops. My uncle periodically sends me 30-day supplies; I don't know if these are sold globally online, & if so, probably at a significant markup. Prior to my ventures into circle lenses, I'd been wearing Acuvue brand soft lenses (1-day disposable &/or Acuvue Advance 2-week) for 10 years, prescribed by various practitioners in the States -- the brand is well-known globally. Although the main Acuvue Define website is in Korean, their Singapore website has information in English: 2-3 designs are available (Natural shine, Accent shine {black limbal}), etc). They can be purchased at most any optician in Korea.
I have medium/dark brunette hair w/ natural brown eyes, and I find the Acuvue black limbal ring to enhance my Eurasian eye shape/provide dolly effect without being too unnervingly large -- think K-drama actress -- & the Acuvue lenses are very comfortable, although they do have a tendency to slide around a bit on my eye (the 1-day disposables I got in the US did as well: personally, I prefer weekly/yearly lenses for comfort). Unfortunately, I've just run out of my supply, so I've not got any photos to share with you :/ I'm wanting to try the Vivid Shine in addition to my beloved Accents.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kengiexoxo

my quick review for my ifairy keizen blue circle lens!these are my first ever circle lenses, and i have already fell in love with these <3bought mine from lensvillage, but they're available pretty much everywhere ^^i bought it because this awesome blogger had them, and honestly i loved how they turned out, and wanted to try them on myself!** not advertising for the blogger! I only wanted to share other people who have also wore the same lenses, and my drive to get this pair !! **
download.nhn?oid=pb85c5cd34ea4bc33c51d36
wQZoTzb.jpg
YHbRYYz.jpg

colour: 5/5these are super cute and definitely a casual pair too!at the start, i was afraid if the blue would be too vibrant or bright to be worn outside without looking weird, but i was mistaken! :Dthe size also allows for the halo effect, which created a lighter blue around the iris as well, which looks pretty cool under light ^^
design: 4/5great design, with the soft gradient to yellow in the middle. i took off a point because the pixels around the rim (which are black) sometimes are pretty obvious, which make it look kind of strange to some when we get face-to-face, but that's a seldom ^^;;
enlargement: 5/5i definitely see a difference in them, since they're supposedly 16.2 mm (?!)an average enlargement, and definitely looks somewhat ulzzang-like!
comfort: 5/5fine for 8 hours and a little over that; i don't wear them for over 9 hours usually, so i don't see a problem ^^i do carry around eye drops, and if you wear them in the air-con for too long, they do dry out and cause mild irritation to the eyelid since they're pretty large, so there's that ^^;;other than that, these lenses are pretty awesome :DD
overall: I'm super happy with this pair, and it really got me into this whole circle-lens thing! definitely buying more after this!!anyone have recommendations for yellow/gold lenses (preferably for my Ichigo Hollow cosplay?) ^^;;

Guest angelmimi

hello guys!
I would really like to get lenses that look like those Yumi from By2 sometimes wears.
So, does anyone have any idea what lenses are these, or what lenses would have the similar effect (i.e. not too big diameter, with limbal ring, vibrant but not neon-like, not too unnatural)??? I thought about princess pinky twilight at first, because sometimes Yumi's look rather sparkly, but I haven't read good reviews about them, moreover they seem to be way too yellow for my taste : ((

sorry for the photo quality, she always shares such blurry/grainy pics on her instagram
2wfnt5l.jpg

Guest auscultate

Where are you guys ordering your (prescription) circle lenses at the moment? Pinkyparadise seems overflooded with orders & are out of stock of the kinds I want, and I had a bad experience with Eyecandys some time back, so I'm considering Maplelens, Honeycolor, (any other lens shops you'd recommend?) - plus addditional thoughts on authenticity, shipping, service, etc would be WAY appreciated! I really just want genuine lenses; my uncle is preoccupied with family matters and I don't want to bother him to send me some lenses from Korea right now. TBH I'm really after the Candy Magic TYPES, I love black limbal rings :) 
Kenziexoxo, those lenses are super cute on you!MissSarah, I especially like the second pair of EOS on you - they are stunning on you! With the right eye makeup I agree they would blend in nicely :) Actually, they remind me a bit of my EOS Max Gold {I think they're called}.which I personally find amongst the most comfortable of my small lens collection despite the 15mm diameter (IIRC). Of course, I take care to change the solution every time I wear them, and give my circle lenses a periodic soak in the Clear Care lens torture chamber of doom to cleanse them of protein deposits and the like, so...lushmelo I am probably too late but if you go to most Seoul/Korean optical shops, they will sell you circle lenses - it's rather easier than the US; if you already know your prescription, then most opticians stock the usual brands (although not usually the more outlandish colors, for wont of a better word), &if not, they'll measure it for you. I don't speak Korean much (I had an itinerant childhood: Europe, Cali, etc), and learnt the Korean word for astigmatism through a lot of pointing and hand gestures - if you need torics, there are optometrists who can fit you for them, although my optometrist in the States fitted me with disposable 1-day non-toric, non-circle lenses for some reason although I have astigmatism. 
Question: does anyone have any recommendations for aqua (not blue) colored lenses that show up on brown eyes? (I'm a Eurasian brunette, see avatar, etc.) I just want them for fun :) It seems terrifically hard to find true aqua lenses that don't look halloweenish !

auscultate said: Where are you guys ordering your (prescription) circle lenses at the moment? Pinkyparadise seems overflooded with orders & are out of stock of the kinds I want, and I had a bad experience with Eyecandys some time back, so I'm considering Maplelens, Honeycolor, (any other lens shops you'd recommend?) - plus addditional thoughts on authenticity, shipping, service, etc would be WAY appreciated! I really just want genuine lenses; my uncle is preoccupied with family matters and I don't want to bother him to send me some lenses from Korea right now. TBH I'm really after the Candy Magic TYPES, I love black limbal rings :)

I've always been a big fan of the nudy series, and I've tried the GEO super nudy greys in 14.8 mm and the smaller versions in 14.2 mm 
In this pic i'm wearing the super nudy greys, looks perfect for a summer festival. It made me look like a fairy xD 

10632469_792662310794748_749997849_n.jpg

colour: 4/5This grey is a darker tone, with a slight hint of blue in it. 
design: 5/5Design gives you a halo effect, and it makes your eyes look extra shiny. The thin border around it makes your eyeballs look more defined 
enlargement: 5/5it's 14.8 and i've been told i looked like an anime character xD. It's pretty huge
comfort: 5/5I'm used to wearing circle lenses, so this big one doesn't phase me at all. 

tumblr_inline_ncdb01bAXm1qlo8ea.jpg

I recently got a pair of Vassen Stella Violet circle lenses from Solution Lens and They are so cute that agshdhdsio~ *-*

tumblr_inline_ncbp82l06O1qlo8ea.jpg

tumblr_inline_ncbp8ltETE1qlo8ea.jpg

Lens rate:

Color ★★★★☆☆
Enlargement ★★★★★★
Comfort ★★★★★☆
Overall ★★★★★☆

Here is the full review if you're interesed! >_<

Recently I've been sponsored by solution-lens.com to do a review on a pair of circle lenses!
Click here to read the full review.
Here are the lenses in different lighting and comparison.lens-compare.jpg

Here is me wearing them in Kise costest ^^photo%2B(2).JPG

Guest yours.truly.

Hi. Can anyone please let me know what brand the cap of this circle lense bottle comes from? I bought them at Elizabeth center in Chinatown, NYC but the bottle has no logo. The size is 17.8mm for reference by the way. Thanks.

5E6ECA12-47A3-40E7-B95D-147644F418B9.jpg

I was given some circle lenses to review by Solution Lens.com and it's here if anyone wants to check it out!http://circlelensereview-solutions-lens.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/solution-lens-contact-lens-review.html

They were the best circle lenses that I've ever worn and they're incredibly comfortable!solution-lens-contact-lens-review.html

Guest yesiix

1 x Geo Tri Color Grey Lens CM-901 (Berry Chessy)  by LensVillage
BzNTTfYCMAM3spY.jpg:large
Color/Design: 10/10 - These lenses are realistic and vibrant. I have brown eyes and they actually show up with my color. The blue is more of a gray blue which gives it the natural color.
Enlargement: 10/10 - They're slightly bigger which is suitable for a natural look.I wear these for parties or when I go out for a bit. People assume they're natural at first until I tell them they're contacts.

Comfort: 10/10 - I love the comfort of these! I can hardly feel them there, takes a bit of adjusting to them at first of course. After a few minutes they feel great.
Overall: I am happy with my order. I would buy these again once they expire. They look lovely with any make up. 

Order #22264

Hi everyone!  I recently got the Geo Princess Mimi Sesame Grey contacts as a gift. 
w/o flash
blog.contacts.jpeg

w/ flashcontacts2.jpeg

enlargement: they make my eyes look big so 5/5, but tbh I like natural looking lenses so I would prefer smaller diameter. design: 5/5 These lenses are gorgeous and I wear them everydaycomfort: 4.5/5 they get annoying after 4-5 hours but other then that they're amazing

Full review is up on the blog! click here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!
I want to share here my review of the Beaucon Vibrant Match Blue lenses!

DSC_0026.JPG

That's what they looked like in the bottles. They are pretty small - only having 14.0 mm in diameter. Base curve is the usual 8.6 mm.

DSC_0033.JPG

Me with one lens in. I don't know if I have average eye size or not but on me these barely enlarge at all, which I don't think is a bad thing. They look surprisingly natural, except for the beautiful vivid blue color.

DSC_0092.JPG

These don't hinder my vision but I do feel them in my eyes. Currently one of my less comfy contacts to wear but they're still fine, it's just that it feels like they dry out a bit faster than my other circle lenses.

DSC_0110.JPG

I do like these lenses surprisingly much all in all - the color is just what I wanted!

Color: 5/5
Enlargement: 1/5
Comfort: 3/5

For the full review, check it out here:
http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com/2014/03/review-beaucon-vibrant-match-blue.html

Guest ZeldaDoll

Hi, I did a review for Solution-lens.com you can read the full review hereThey are Dueba Sprite Green and they are not available on the market yet!
I've included some pictures~
tumblr_ne0e7uJzSE1r2sec6o1_500.jpg
One lens in
tumblr_ne23vndDR81r2sec6o1_500.jpg
Both lenses intumblr_ne23t8DR4F1r2sec6o3_1280.jpg

Close uptumblr_ne23t8DR4F1r2sec6o1_500.jpg

Scores:

Appearance: 5/5 - Like I said they really are a beautiful color, and they enlargement is very good!
Comfort: 4/5 - If you are not used to wearing larger lenses they will take some time to get used to, this is normal for circle lenses.
Shipping: 5/5 - Shipping was within the parameters listed on their site, the packing was very good.
Customer Service: 5/5 - Service was prompt and right away.
Overall score: 5/5

Overall I'd say that I would recommended this site to a friend and definitely plan on ordering with them in the future.

Also Solution-lens holds a permanent giveaway! You can join here! 

Archived