P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest theLEGEND

I have two questions to ask:

Is it normal for a dog's gum to be black color?

Another one.. Is it normal for a dog to urinate like two or three times a day eventhough the dog drinks quite a lot? But once the dog does it, the amount of the pee is alot. :vicx:

Okay.. I really don't know what's wrong with my english but I hope you guys understand what am I talking about. :sweatingbullets:

Thank you so much. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest classychic

i have mini breed rabbit, i'm not sure what his exact age is but his been with us for 3weeks already.

the first few days we got it, i had him check at the vet to see if there were problems and to ask for advise,

a couple of days after we noticed that the fur in his right ear was falling off

and it looked like there were some dry scaly skin, we took it again to the vet

and he gave him shots, he's already going for his third shot this saturday,

last weekend the vet gave him antibacterial meds for him to drink for 10 days,

his fur is growing. While all of that was happening he didn't lose his appetite, he already doubled his weight from 200g to 400g.

Is that normal? Or should we start managing his food intake? i give him hay,pellets, leafy veggies and carrot with the top still on.

also sometimes, i see him violently shake his head (is that cause for worry?)

and last one, how do rabbits sleep? i've seen it sleep with its eyes close a couple of times only.

Guest Pink_guava

I just happend to have two newborn cats.Because their mother's name kikilala so we choose the similar names for them

Koko moko and bobby gobby...

But sometimes they are too naughty, they mini cooper in the house

Hrmm, I don't know how to stop them.

Wouldn't it be to cruel to throw them out because they are too cute :tears::tears:

I just happend to have two newborn cats.Because their mother's name kikilala so we choose the similar names for them

Koko moko and bobby gobby...

But sometimes they are too naughty, they mini cooper in the house

Hrmm, I don't know how to stop them.

Wouldn't it be to cruel to throw them out because they are too cute :tears::tears:

You don't throw cats out just because they poo in the house. It's your responsibility as a pet owner to potty-train your cats. Get a litter box and teach them to use it whenever they need to pee and poo. Slowly guide them there every time they need to pee and poo. Remember to place the litter box in a quiet area because cats like to do their business in peace. Whenever they do it in the litter box, praise them for what they have done (ie doing their business in the right place, the litter box), so that they will continue visiting the litter box.

Please keep the litter box clean because if it's dirty, your cats won't use it and they'll go straight back to pooing elsewhere in the house.

Guest Jah nee nee x

um I have a question: my goldfish got really fatish and seemed pregnant, but it just died. does anyone know anything about this? :/

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ You should take much more caution into leaving that kind of food lying around your dog!

um I have a question: my goldfish got really fatish and seemed pregnant, but it just died. does anyone know anything about this? :/

Did you overfeed it?

Did it swell up and got fat quickly in a few days? Did its scales seem to stand up?

You probably overfed it and it developed an illness of dropsy.

omg my dog about 8 1/2lbs just ate 4oz of milk chocolate and it is freakikng me out.

as long as it's MILK chocolate--your dog is probably fairly safe--but you might want to talk to your vet just to be sure.

if it had been DARK chocolate--your dog might have died. It's poisonous to animals in any amount. ><

My dog just got neutered, and he doesn`t seem too happy about it. He seems distant to me. Well I don`t know, because my dog ran away for about a month and I got him today. This lady had him, long story, but she got him neutered =/ .. he doesn`t seem happy at all. I think he`s in pain plus he has to wear the cone around his neck for about 10 days. Well, I was wondering how do you clean the wound? Warm water or cold? I`m so unsure how to clean it, so scared I`ll hurt him, and don`t take baths for him for awhile right? He doesn`t eat much also, and I have to feed him by hand. I don`t know what to do...

Oh yeah, he`s a Chihuahua.

Guest Jah nee nee x

^ You should take much more caution into leaving that kind of food lying around your dog!

Did you overfeed it?

Did it swell up and got fat quickly in a few days? Did its scales seem to stand up?

You probably overfed it and it developed an illness of dropsy.

thanks ;| still sad though lol. It kind of got fat quickly but I have two other fishes .. and they were ok.

Guest aznscrewball

My dog just got neutered, and he doesn`t seem too happy about it. He seems distant to me. Well I don`t know, because my dog ran away for about a month and I got him today. This lady had him, long story, but she got him neutered =/ .. he doesn`t seem happy at all. I think he`s in pain plus he has to wear the cone around his neck for about 10 days. Well, I was wondering how do you clean the wound? Warm water or cold? I`m so unsure how to clean it, so scared I`ll hurt him, and don`t take baths for him for awhile right? He doesn`t eat much also, and I have to feed him by hand. I don`t know what to do...

Oh yeah, he`s a Chihuahua.

You dont have to clean the wound. Just make sure that he isn't so active around the house. Don't let him jump onto couches or chairs, or even climb the stairs. Climbing stairs, running, and jumping can stretch the stitches. Don't go on long walks for a while. Just make sure he goes to the washroom and that should be the end of the walk. Keep him indoors as much as you can. The cone is to prevent him from biting at his stitches, but my dog didn't bit at hers so she didn't have to wear it. Dogs, especially boys don't like thier manhoods removed. This may explain why hes unhappy. Also the change in scenery might be stressing him out, but he will get used to it.

DON'T CLEAN THE WOUND.

The best thing is to keep the wound dry, meaning don't go outside when its raining or after the rain. Wet wounds get easily infected. It may look like there is dry blood on or near the wound and ugly bruise marks, but thats perfectly normal. What is not normal however, if the wound splits open. If the stitches get undone, go quickly back to the veterinarian who did the surgury to sew it back up.

Oh ya, don't take baths for a while. Dogs generally don't need that many baths. Since your chiwawa is small and i'm assuming short-haired, you only need to give it a bath a couple of times a year and whenever it gets really dirty, or you can't stand the oiliness of its fur.

About the not eating part, this is just part of the trauma. Hes just feeling a bit emasculated, so thats prolly it. Feed him soft food or yummy food you know he likes to try and cheer him up.

Glad you have your dog back btw. Thats very nice for a random person to neuter someone else's dog for them in less then a month. She just saved you from having to pay $150+ for the operation.

I'm sorry--I don't mean to laugh at what you said (or insult you) aznscrewball. LOL Your advice is good--but honestly--I don't think dogs contemplate missing male bits--they don't care about being neutered. :P Only some humans worry for them (sometimes people strangely associate themselves with their male dogs being fixed) They just know they hurt a little while--and then that's over with.

Guest yhsim!

I think you should take her to the vet. I was going to suggest Greenies for teeth cleaning, but then I finished the rest of your post. Black, wiggling, and already six? I don't know ><;; How is it hard to brush her teeth? Does she try to wiggle out of your grip? Does she wince when you get nearer to her "fangs"?

take her to a vet.

start giving her those little sticks that you can buy at the supermarket or pet store... they help to clean their teeth.

but i dont think you'll be able to save those two teeth (i'm guessing their her canines) if they're almost black. are they black in a dirty way or a decayish way?

TAKE HER TO THE VET.

Theres this thing now a days called Pet Dentistry where they clean the dog's teeth out for them and pull out all the rotting ones. Sort of like ours. There no way to save the teeth if its already turned black and wiggling. That happens when there is a HUGE buildup of plaque. Plaque doesn't usually mean that yur pet has bad teeth, it just usally has something to do with the makeup and acidity of your dog's saliva. Its diffeent for all different kinds of dogs. Your dog is at the most serious cases where you have to pull the teeth out. Be aware that this process is VERY expensive. I can't remember if Dentistry is covered by pet insurance or not (assuming you have it), but it can range anywhere from 200+ depending on how many teeth get pulled out and the size of the dog.

Greenies and/or other teeth cleaning chewbles don't clean the teeth if they are already dirty, they just prevent clean teeth from getting more plaque on them.

Wow. I just read this today and I think I will have to schedule an appointment with the vet! But what if I don't do it? Will she have a gum disease or rabies or something? >.<!!!!!! I'm sooo scared right now. It's very hard to brush her teeth because she cries and moves her head frequently. I think theyre in a decayish way because it's very dirty at the top and it might be somewhat like cavities. If I get the dentist to pull out TWO teeth and she's like 10lbs. (chihuahua) and would that realy heal her since she won't be able to eat then =\

someone please reply ASAP O_O!

I really appreciate your replies though. :)

it should really be taken care of before it gets worse. :( Once the bad teeth are out, and she starts healing, she'll feel better. She'll be able to eat normally within a short time (even if teeth are pulled), too. The vet would give you instructions after taking care of her teeth.

has she had her rabies shot? If she's had that--you don't have to be worried about her having rabies--which she would only get if she's come in contact with a rabid animal (it's transmitted through saliva of infected animal), or she's been bitten by one.

Guest aznscrewball

I'm sorry--I don't mean to laugh at what you said (or insult you) aznscrewball. LOL Your advice is good--but honestly--I don't think dogs contemplate missing male bits--they don't care about being neutered. :P Only some humans worry for them (sometimes people strangely associate themselves with their male dogs being fixed) They just know they hurt a little while--and then that's over with.

LOL I read over what I wrote again, and your prolly right. I have no clue what I was writing back then. Maybe I was just thinking about how humans felt. LOL. Yea, my dog didn't really care that she had been sterilized. But boy dogs still keep trying to hump your leg for a month afterwards before they realized they can't anymore. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i have a pet dog name happy who is kinda overweight and a pet turtle whos name is crush (i named it from finding nemo)

Guest XIAHT!C

two questions:

we fed my cat some purina cat food, and since it's supposed to be healthy, he stayed really skinny, but not scarily skinny, just skinny. so then, we wanted him a bit chubby, so we bought some meowmix, but he stayed the same.

does food do anything to your pet's weight? o_o

i forgot my next question, but i just thought of another one.

one time, this bird kept on flying towards me. it wasn't attacking me, but it kept landing on my shoulder and my hands and my head and everything. it was like, a pigeon. i'm just wondering what the heck it was doing... it didn't seem like it could fly, because all it did was hoot and purr and fly only short distances. anyone know why? o_o

Guest xsilentangel

i have a question about turtles..

i've had my baby red eared slider turtle for like 3 years

and it hasnt grown a bit

but all my friends have turtles that have grown so much!! .. i just feed it those pellets from like petco

do you know what i feed it to make it grow bigger or how much to feed it?

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i have a question about turtles..

i've had my baby red eared slider turtle for like 3 years

and it hasnt grown a bit

but all my friends have turtles that have grown so much!! .. i just feed it those pellets from like petco

do you know what i feed it to make it grow bigger or how much to feed it?

hmm well u gotta feed it some meat to. that probably y itz not growing alot. turtles eat fish and stuff like that. i fed mine minos and it grew alot.

Archived