P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest latina

my dog will be brought here in canada.. with my dad of course... i'm worried that my dog will get sick after the "plane ride".. he's not used being caged.. and he might get stressed out due to the "airplane" sound... any tips or advice?? i'm also worried that he might not adapt to the environment here... i told my dad to bring his toys... and his pillow so that he can smell his smell.. know what i mean??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sixth.

love_smack: thanks. i talked to my vet and he said she should be ok but i should keep an eye out on her for the next few days. we think that she's just a bit confused, because my mum's overseas and she usually spends a lot of time during the day with her while i'm at uni.

Guest orphannies

my dog will be brought here in canada.. with my dad of course... i'm worried that my dog will get sick after the "plane ride".. he's not used being caged.. and he might get stressed out due to the "airplane" sound... any tips or advice?? i'm also worried that he might not adapt to the environment here... i told my dad to bring his toys... and his pillow so that he can smell his smell.. know what i mean??

well usually dogs are given a drug to put them to sleep during plane rides. he'd have to be taken to the vet prior to traveling for a check-up and what not. so he should be fine during the plane ride especially if he's not used to being caged up.

Guest L.Li-style

I HAVE SOO MANY FISH....i only wish for a cat...or a dog...:(......I hate my fish. they just make a mess..and sit there...no fun. wahhh.......Oh. do u know ho wlong they can go without food?? CAuse...i keep forgetting to feed them....theyre still alive....but. im too scared to test out..Plus its mean...and..they keep biting each other!! IM LOSING SO MANY FISH TOO....i used to have 20. Now....its like..around 10.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ If they're goldfish, they can last like a week without being fed.

But they may get rowdy without food and start nipping at each other which results in cannibalism.

*Remembers his poor eaten fish*

Guest mskiwi

^ my mom thinks the same because we always had big dogs that stayed outside...but now i have a chihuahua and she sleeps on my face..hahahah...my mom thinks breathing in her fur is bad or something....=)

Guest pretzel

i really want to take my cat to the vet but my mum's against it so ive been searching the internet for help.

My cat has a huge wound, and its been there for about 2 months now, its about 10 cm long(no joke) with another smaller 2cm wound right next to it and it keeps getting larger. originally, it was only 1 cm and it somehow got larger i have no idea how because i was away for about 2 weeks and when i came back, it was around 5 cm already.

The middle part started healing, so thats how it turned into the 2 wounds close to each other. the smaller one appears to be healing, but the large one has all this black decaying skin around it and keeps getting larger.

The larger wound is shallow towards the middle, but towards the end its about 1cm deep.

i tried bandaging the wound but that made more pus come out. another thing, the smell is really really bad.

My friend suggested i spray him with diluted hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the germs but im not really sure.

I really need help and i cant get him to a vet because my mum cant afford it and doesnt want to take him.

Please help.

any suggestions are appreciated.

Guest orphannies

i really want to take my cat to the vet but my mum's against it so ive been searching the internet for help.

My cat has a huge wound, and its been there for about 2 months now, its about 10 cm long(no joke) with another smaller 2cm wound right next to it and it keeps getting larger. originally, it was only 1 cm and it somehow got larger i have no idea how because i was away for about 2 weeks and when i came back, it was around 5 cm already.

The middle part started healing, so thats how it turned into the 2 wounds close to each other. the smaller one appears to be healing, but the large one has all this black decaying skin around it and keeps getting larger.

The larger wound is shallow towards the middle, but towards the end its about 1cm deep.

i tried bandaging the wound but that made more pus come out. another thing, the smell is really really bad.

My friend suggested i spray him with diluted hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the germs but im not really sure.

I really need help and i cant get him to a vet because my mum cant afford it and doesnt want to take him.

Please help.

honestly, you really should just take your cat to the vet. what you just described really sounds bad. It sounds like its all infected now. I feel bad for you cat!

Guest `faded

my dog sleeps downstairs..not anywhere near my bed..it's ..gross >.>...after all the running in the backyard and pooing..ya no I wouldn't want her to sleep with me

argh, that's horrible. i agree with Aziraphale, maybe YOU should try take it to the vet instead.

i've actually got a little behaviour problem with my dog atm. she's 3 and we've had her since she was a puppy... thing is, for the past week or so, she's been pooping EVERYWHERE. literally everywhere. and it's not the diarrhoea, but like... she just doesn't do her business where she normally would (on her grass patch) she's never ever done this so i find it really weird. anyone else had this happen?

maybe she's mad at you O_O..I remember when my mom scolded my dog..the next thing I know she pees on my mom's shoe..ya not cool >.>..do you remember a time where maybe someone or you scolded your dog? if she keeps doing that then put her b ack in her cage or whatever..until your dog learns

Guest sixth.

^ it doesn't matter.. she's stopped n everything is back to normal :)

Please help.

it's been there for 2 months already - the only real help you'll get is if you take him to the vet. try go around and talk to some vets, tell them about your financial situation. i'm sure there's bound to be someone who will be willing to take a look at him either free of charge or at a cheaper price.

where are the wounds? they sound badly infected, with the smell and pus and the decaying black skin o_O

do you know how he got the wound?

do you try clean out the wounded area often? dilute hydrogen peroxide doesn't seem like such a good idea but i can't guarantee it.

i honestly hope that you'll find a vet to help out. i feel sorry for your cat :tears:

Guest pretzel

^ it doesn't matter.. she's stopped n everything is back to normal :)

it's been there for 2 months already - the only real help you'll get is if you take him to the vet. try go around and talk to some vets, tell them about your financial situation. i'm sure there's bound to be someone who will be willing to take a look at him either free of charge or at a cheaper price.

where are the wounds? they sound badly infected, with the smell and pus and the decaying black skin o_O

do you know how he got the wound?

do you try clean out the wounded area often? dilute hydrogen peroxide doesn't seem like such a good idea but i can't guarantee it.

i honestly hope that you'll find a vet to help out. i feel sorry for your cat :tears:

The wound is right beside his face, just down along the neck on the right side.

I think he got the wound from a fight, because he used to get similar wounds to the one he has now but theyd just gradually heal over time, 1 month tops and not to the extent its grown.

ive tried cleaning the wound out but it doesnt really seem to do anything. a few days ago i started spraying the hydrogen peroxide and i dont think its working but im gonna try it out for at least a week before i give up.

Ill try convince my parents to take him to the vet but im not sure its gonna work.

The wound is right beside his face, just down along the neck on the right side.

I think he got the wound from a fight, because he used to get similar wounds to the one he has now but theyd just gradually heal over time, 1 month tops and not to the extent its grown.

ive tried cleaning the wound out but it doesnt really seem to do anything. a few days ago i started spraying the hydrogen peroxide and i dont think its working but im gonna try it out for at least a week before i give up.

Ill try convince my parents to take him to the vet but im not sure its gonna work.

Please do not self-medicate. You seriously don't know what would heal the wounds and what wouldn't. At this stage, the wound needs to be treated immediately by your vet. If your parents won't take your cat to the vet, you should do it. You don't want a dead cat on your hands just because your parents wouldn't help an injured animal.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I cannot believe a wound as serious as that has been left festering for two months and people actually thinking it'd heal on its own. Imagine the pain the poor cat is in. I'd have taken my cat to the vet immediately if he had been injured like that.

Guest Rodarte

ya you should definitely take your cat to the vet... it sounds pretty serious :S:S

so i got a puppy 2 weeks ago :) she is soo cute but sooo young and i need to train her!!! any tips? its kinda hard coz our carpet is green and she thinks its the grass lol

Guest xx_smilez

Potty Training for Puppy: Please help!!

I have a pom for 4 years now and I can't get him to stop peeing everywhere. He is a housepet and has been leashed for quite some time now. We have "wee-wee" pads for him to use, but he continues to go everywhere else. How do I teach him to pee only on the "wee-wee" pad?? I really need your help-- I hate it when he is being leashed!!!!!

Please do not self-medicate. You seriously don't know what would heal the wounds and what wouldn't. At this stage, the wound needs to be treated immediately by your vet. If your parents won't take your cat to the vet, you should do it. You don't want a dead cat on your hands just because your parents wouldn't help an injured animal.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I cannot believe a wound as serious as that has been left festering for two months and people actually thinking it'd heal on its own. Imagine the pain the poor cat is in. I'd have taken my cat to the vet immediately if he had been injured like that.

I agree with you 100%...

Guest yhsim!

Anyone here has a Chihuahua? Because I'm having a weird feeling about mine's. She snorts or something whenver she's really happy; what's up with that?

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

hey everyone i need some advice!

i'm thinking about getting a puppy soon

well because i <3 animals and i live alone so its lonely

and i have a LOT of time on my hands now.

i was wondering

in general how much does pet insurance cost?

shots?

my friend had this thing where she paid for insurance n she only paid like 99 cents for each shot....

i asked her about pet insurance and she acted like she had no clue and didnt really respond -___-;

Archived