P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest orphannies

ook thanks cuz my parents thought it was weird XD

And ya my puppy is mixed with chow :)

I have another question..

My puppy has stopped eating for like almost a week now o_o'' he refuses to eat his dog food. I give him IAMS.. is that the dogfood that had the poisoning???

IAMS is on the list of name brands with the food pooisoning. But I believe its only the wet food. You might want to bring your dog to the vet if he's not eating. There might be something wrong with him. Just a precaution...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brownies_4Life

I have a question : what does it mean if a cat wraps its tail around ur leg? .. and walks around ur leg? ..

questions for cat owners!

Ok I don't think anyone answer this one, so i ask.com for some answers.

(what does it mean if a cat wraps its tail around ur leg?)

-Here is a para that may answer that.

When kittens greet their mother, they run to her with their tails upright like small flag-poles. They droop, twine or rub their tails around their mother's rump or tail to solicit food from her. Adult cats also tail-twine. They entwine tails with friendly cats as they rub against each other (the tail has scent from the anal glands on it from where the cat has washed it). They also wrap their tails around human legs or objects. This both marks the leg or object and, if they are tail-wrapping part of the owner, is an attempt to get attention, fuss and food!

(walks around leg?)

Cats have scent glands on the chin, lips (in the corners), temples and at the base of the tail. Each cat has its own scent signature. When it washes, a cat transfers its scent from these glands to its fur. This scent is then transferred to objects the cat rubs against - a fencepost, twiggy plants, a doorway or a person's legs.

^so maybe your cat is marking what he/she thinks belongs to em....so he is marking you as his/her human. Or maybe he/she is just showing some love and affection...

(here is the site i got it from below)

http://www.messybeast.com/cat_talk2.htm

Ok I don't think anyone answer this one, so i ask.com for some answers.

(what does it mean if a cat wraps its tail around ur leg?)

-Here is a para that may answer that.

When kittens greet their mother, they run to her with their tails upright like small flag-poles. They droop, twine or rub their tails around their mother's rump or tail to solicit food from her. Adult cats also tail-twine. They entwine tails with friendly cats as they rub against each other (the tail has scent from the anal glands on it from where the cat has washed it). They also wrap their tails around human legs or objects. This both marks the leg or object and, if they are tail-wrapping part of the owner, is an attempt to get attention, fuss and food!

(walks around leg?)

Cats have scent glands on the chin, lips (in the corners), temples and at the base of the tail. Each cat has its own scent signature. When it washes, a cat transfers its scent from these glands to its fur. This scent is then transferred to objects the cat rubs against - a fencepost, twiggy plants, a doorway or a person's legs.

^so maybe your cat is marking what he/she thinks belongs to em....so he is marking you as his/her human. Or maybe he/she is just showing some love and affection...

(here is the site i got it from below)

http://www.messybeast.com/cat_talk2.htm

Wow, that's really interesting information! Thanks for it!

Does anyone know why cats scratch the floor before drinking water? Haha I've always wondered that :)

- edit -

Your post made me want to do some research, and here's an amazing website for explanations of cat behaviour...It's very interesting =)

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/whycat.htm

Guest Brownies_4Life

Wow, that's really interesting information! Thanks for it!

Does anyone know why cats scratch the floor before drinking water? Haha I've always wondered that :)

- edit -

Your post made me want to do some research, and here's an amazing website for explanations of cat behaviour...It's very interesting =)

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/whycat.htm

^Oh gewd i'll read thru that site...I use to have outside cats that does that..with food too. I just figure she thought my food was cheap (lol and somtimes it was) and she wanted to cover it up. Its funny cause i feed them on the cement, so what is she going to use to cover it up :P. well I went on ask.com and found some info that maybe helpful too.

Food/Water Bowl Behavior

Hi Simba,

I recently took in an 8 month old shaded silver Persian. She is very loving and smart, but she has been doing something strange. Every time she finishes eating, she starts to scratch the floor around her food. It looks like she is using her litter box. She is not actually urinating. Could tell me why she is doing this. Jen

Dear Jen,

Kitty's behavior is perfectly normal. Many cats have an instinct to hide their food after eating so as to throw other predators of the scent. As you know from watching the African nature shows, a fresh catch often attracts hyenas and vultures. Although it is all in vain, your little Persian is trying to hide her food so as to keep the bad animals away. Don’t worry. Simba

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Simba:

Lately my cat has been doing the weirdest thing, he has been scooting the water bowl across the floor. So I put it on the carpet and he just knocks it over. I don't know why he does it. I don't want to scold him, because I don't want him to think its bad to go to the water bowl. What should I do? Dani

Hi Dani,

You are right in not scolding him, hydration is very important. So why does he do this? Cats love flowing water. You may have noticed that kitty loves the faucets and tries to drink from them all the time. Flowing water (like that from a spilled bowl) gives the impression of fresh water and cats seek it out. So what to do? Either get him a no-tip bowl or buy him a one of those new Water Fountains (no kidding!), which mimick flowing water. Your Pal, Simba

-heres the site section i got it from(http://www.kittencare.com/askKC_Odd_Behavior.html#scooting_bowls)

and this is the site......http://kittencare.com/

Cats are one of my favorite pets along with dogs :)

Guest asianlilonex

I had a female dwarf bunny and she died yesterday since we had to put her to sleep :[

she had a uterine cancer/tumor.. I think it was caused by the darn waterbottle that broke for a day and I found out the next day..

then she started not to eat/ect.(not so sure what it was caused from since the vet didn't say how she got the tumor)

so then the vet said it was a 95% that it was a tumor since her xray thing wasn't really working..

and she said to either have it euthanize, or get surgery for her at another vet and get test and stuff but it cost soo much and she might not make it too..

so we decided to put her to sleep since we were broke and it was so hard for me too :[.

but i'm just wondering if she would of made it if my sis and I sent her earlier (we sent her 3 days later since we thought it wasn't a big deal)

and what is the caused?

k thanks.. :'[

sorry for the long story/post :ph34r:

^ I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pet that you've loved so dearly.

I ran a search for you. Older female rabbits, if left unspayed, do run a greater risk of developing uterine cancer. It has something to do with the nature of their reproduction system. I'm not sure how old your rabbit was, but it's recommended that female rabbits should be spayed after 4.5 months. I'm not sure why your vet didn't inform you.

Uterine Cancer

The most common tumor of domestic rabbits involves the uterine lining. In breeding rabbits, the early signs of this tumor involve decreased fertility, smaller litter sizes, abortions and stillbirths. In pet rabbits, the most common clinical sign of a uterine tumor is intermittent bleeding from the vulva. This vulva bleeding is often mistaken for blood in the urine. The volume of hemorrhage can be substantial and alarming, If bleeding is intermittent, the results of a urinalysis may be normal between bleeding episodes.

Though this type of tumor can spread to the lungs, spaying of affected does is strongly advised. Because this type of tumor is so common, all pet female rabbits should be spayed after 4 1/2 months of age to avoid difficulties with the reproductive tract later in life.

Some links for you:

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/uterine.htm

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/spay.shtml

http://www.ahc.umn.edu/rar/MNAALAS/Rabbits.html

http://www.uvm.edu/~jdion/pets/spay.html

http://www.bunnybunch.org/spayneuter2.html

Guest sweet/nothing

Has anyone here ever had an exotic pet? I just recently got a Kenyan Sand Boa a few weeks ago and well, sometimes when i look for him around in the shavings he'd get really jumpy, but other times he'd just let me pick him up and just lie there. =\ i have no idea what's wrong with him or maybe he's just like that..what a strange bum.

Anyway, hopefully we can post pictures of our pets soon ^^ i really love my snake~ hes my baby, and oh, he doesn't look too bad as a bracelet either xD

Guest asianlilonex

thanks Aziraphale for the information and links =]

and yeah it is was so hard to lose a her and letting her be put to sleep... its probably going to take awhile to realize that she is gone :'[

I wished I spayed her but who knew they could develop this tumor.. and I think the vet said it did spread so the surgery prob wouldn't do anything.

sigh oh well since it's in the past now.... ):

Guest orphannies

^I'm with you there! I've only had my yorkie for a year

and I know I'd be very lonely without that little monster!

Guest VEGECHAN

aww i didnt know there was a pet forum in general!! xD

i used to have a pug. he choked from his leash ;000 SIGH. i can never get over that pooch he was such a old gentle sweet guy. never leave your puppys on a leash by themselves!!

i've had a lot of fishes.. hahah kinda unusual but yeah i can help with fish illnesses soemtimes ;D

Guest koumi

Please be aware that this thread purpose is to help animal owners or potential owners. It isn't a place to have random chat with fellow owners. This is strictly informative thread for keeping any pet. Occasional chatter is okay as long it's not consistent.

Has any one ever used the product Nzymes? (www.nzymes.com)

I want to buy the yeast kit, because my dog (German Shepherd) has a yeast infection.

I was wondering if it actually works and how long it takes before you see improvement.

please reply..... :sweatingbullets:

Guest koumi

Has any one ever used the product Nzymes? (www.nzymes.com)

I want to buy the yeast kit, because my dog (German Shepherd) has a yeast infection.

I was wondering if it actually works and how long it takes before you see improvement.

please reply..... :sweatingbullets:

Umm...any pet that needs medical attention should go to the vet ASAP. You should only get the medicine for your pet prescribed by the vet. Never, ever get any medicines if it is not okay by the Vet. Again, I strongly advise that you seek professional help, by that I mean contact your Vet immediately. I wouldn't cut corners because of cost, especially if it deals with my pets.

Guest iloveren

my puppy about 8 months old has 5-6 teeth that are loose.. is that normal? well it seems like he's growing out new teeth but i dunno. i pulled one out today. =/ my sister has a puppy of the same age and her dog has no teeth thats loose or anything ?!

my puppy about 8 months old has 5-6 teeth that are loose.. is that normal? well it seems like he's growing out new teeth but i dunno. i pulled one out today. =/ my sister has a puppy of the same age and her dog has no teeth thats loose or anything ?!

Puppies around 4-6 months old begin losing their baby teeth and adult ones will grow in their place shortly after - if they don't, you should take your puppy to see the vet asap so that the baby tooth can be removed and the new one can grow properly. You should also check your puppy's mouth for any signs of soreness, discolouration, broken or loose teeth, inflamed or receding gum - these need to be treated by the vet asap.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I have a question for cat owners!

One of my cats has been acting really weirdly lately.

This is how it usually goes: Usually he's in my bedroom hanging out. I'll just be laying on my bed petting him, and he'll be fine and purring and all. But sometimes, all of the sudden he'll just get up, stick his face near mine, and start meowing REALLY loudly and obnoxiously. And his pupils will get all wide. He just keeps meowing, you'd think he was dying or something.

And sometimes he'll stop meowing and just do that "kneading dough" thing for a REALLY long time. Usually cats do it before they lie down so they can get comfy, but he just keeps going. Then when I try to touch him either to pet him or pick him up, he starts meowing again and tries to bite me.

It's soooo weird. When I leave him alone for a while he'll go back to normal. I dunno why he does it~ :ph34r:

I have a question for cat owners!

One of my cats has been acting really weirdly lately.

This is how it usually goes: Usually he's in my bedroom hanging out. I'll just be laying on my bed petting him, and he'll be fine and purring and all. But sometimes, all of the sudden he'll just get up, stick his face near mine, and start meowing REALLY loudly and obnoxiously. And his pupils will get all wide. He just keeps meowing, you'd think he was dying or something.

And sometimes he'll stop meowing and just do that "kneading dough" thing for a REALLY long time. Usually cats do it before they lie down so they can get comfy, but he just keeps going. Then when I try to touch him either to pet him or pick him up, he starts meowing again and tries to bite me.

It's soooo weird. When I leave him alone for a while he'll go back to normal. I dunno why he does it~ :ph34r:

Has your cat been neutered? My cat hasn't (he's an indoor cat and is afraid of outside :lol:) and he does that sometimes when he's in heat...Maybe he's in heat? lol I don't know

Archived